Tiberian Dawn

Tiberian Dawn

Unread postby AntiNaba » January 2nd, 2010, 3:14 am

Sit down, small people, and I shall tell you a story whilst the most buxom sits on my knee like a good girl.

When I was roughly aged seven, I recalled an old friend playing C&C: Tiberian Dawn. Now, the thing of it was, he was able to use some form of program (With a UI that looked just like the C&C font) to allow GDI to build NOD units and vice versa, Change the cost and availability of said units, and the health/armor/attack power/attack means of said units. So we had Obelisks of light shooting a gail of pistol shots (That did jack) and Flamethrowers trying to blow up a SAM Site with mini-lasers (STARS Referrence is win).

Now, oh older peoples, where may I find said mod? I unearthed a few old CDs and wish to clock them. I shall destroy the Temple and Blast the White House. What was that mod even called? Was it even a mod?
AntiNaba

Re: Tiberian Dawn

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 2nd, 2010, 3:24 am

The only program that I can think of like that was one called Red Edit 98, that was for Red Alert. Actually, I know there was one like that for Tiberian Sun as well, though I don't know about Tiberian Dawn. I remember because I once overran a base with nothing but Cyborg Commandos (that you were only supposed to be able to make one of.) I made them cost like 100 credits, and waited for the AI to build their base up. It was great fun, because instead of a bunch of machine guns taking forever to destroy a buildiing, they were quickly destroyed by massive amounts of green plasma.

Like I said, don't know if it'll help, but it's a place to start.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby AntiNaba » January 2nd, 2010, 6:37 am

Hmmm, good lead, but I'll try for something more concrete.

Derv, you lazy bastard, I know you're watching.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Dervon » January 2nd, 2010, 11:36 am

Hmmm, good lead, but I'll try for something more concrete.

Derv, you lazy bastard, I know you're watching.
Before my time as an RTS-freak. I was strictly an FPSer back then.

Also, sounds less like a mod and more like a hack to me.
Dervon

Unread postby AntiNaba » January 2nd, 2010, 7:48 pm

A Hack? Bugger, bat and dat files are the bane of my existence.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Nasdaq » January 11th, 2010, 12:54 pm

Yes, I never could get it to work for Dawn, but later games, like Sun, had far easier access to the units dat and ini files that allowed total revamps of entire tech trees. That being said, finding the ini file for stuff in Command and Conquer shouldn't be too hard, though I've forgotten how to do it.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Return to “%s” Geek Culture