Non-Naruto Manga Discussion (Topic may include spoilers)

Re: Non-Naruto Manga Discussion (Topic may include spoilers)

Unread postby Farmer_10 » December 11th, 2013, 9:59 am

Newest One Piece:

OOODAAAAAAA!!! He left us on a massive cliffhanger (AGAIN!) to drag out a major reveal.

Major Spoiler
Spoiler: show
A character we thought was dead, is still alive. It's probably Sabo judging by Luffy's reaction.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 12th, 2014, 2:27 pm

Looks like the current arc for Ah! My Goddess is finally coming to a close. Naturally, K1 threw a wrench into the works just by being himself, with Belldandy contributing. Also, Hild has become even more of a magnificent bitch than expected, being able to subvert the system to have Urd.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Farmer_10 » March 19th, 2014, 12:18 pm

http://www.mangareader.net/toriko/264/7

Gummi Candy Rain. GUMMI CANDY RAIN! Goddamit Toriko, why does your world have to be both terrifying and perfect?! MAKE UP YOUR MIND! And Bacon Leaves! They have Bacon Leaves! And Oceans of Cola and Caramel Pudding Pigs and Potato Chip Trees and aw dammit I'm getting the munchies again.
Farmer_10

Unread postby MEKristian » March 19th, 2014, 10:41 pm

Even as Prisma Ilya gets a more serious storyline, things still take a turn for the utterly zany...
Spoiler: show
Magical Girl Stuffed Ilya-chan, Sapphire Version.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Farmer_10 » April 23rd, 2014, 9:08 am

Newest One Piece:

Holy shit! Holy Shit! HOLY SHIT! Those are the only words to convey what's happening. Marineford has been topped folks. What's about to go down is gonna be massive.
Farmer_10

Unread postby jgkitarel » May 30th, 2014, 3:59 pm

After 25 years, Ah! My Goddess has come to an end. It was a good run while it endured though.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby doc.exe » June 5th, 2014, 11:58 am

Mmmm… I suppose I should go and read the rest of the manga. I think I stopped at volume 6 or so.

Man, thinking back that this series was so popular in the Latin American anime community back when I was in high school makes me feel old.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 11th, 2014, 12:08 am

Man, you missed a lot, considering that it is over 40 volumes long in tankubon format.

Worth a read and only a slight 308 chapters. You can find the entire series here, at least until Dark Horse catches up, if they ever do.

jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » July 16th, 2014, 1:26 am

Prisma Ilya 3rei just got a huge amount of chapters updated... they are amazing, Ilya has truly proven herself worthy of her father and brother's name.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Farmer_10 » August 29th, 2014, 4:38 pm

Newest One Piece:

Is it weird to feel so damn proud of a fictional character? I actualy shed some manly tears, cause I was so damn proud of how far Usopp's come. Support is glory.
Farmer_10

Unread postby PencilMonkey » October 9th, 2014, 4:56 am

Is anyone else around here reading A Silent Voice (Koe No Katachi)? It's a beautiful story, highly captivating, great characters, rendered in a wonderful drawing style, but if you're unfamiliar with it, fair warning: it's also very emotional, and should probably come with multiple trigger warnings (e.g. bullying and suicidal depression).
If you're looking for fan drawings of Harry Potter, Naruto, and plenty more besides, come check out:

My Tumblr

My DeviantArt page
PencilMonkey

Unread postby Wraith5 » April 3rd, 2015, 4:14 am

So, anyone else here following Fafner: Exodus? (Abbreviated because the full title is loooong...)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MorphCrossing » August 16th, 2015, 11:35 pm

Is anyone else around here reading A Silent Voice (Koe No Katachi)? It's a beautiful story, highly captivating, great characters, rendered in a wonderful drawing style, but if you're unfamiliar with it, fair warning: it's also very emotional, and should probably come with multiple trigger warnings (e.g. bullying and suicidal depression).
Yes, I've enjoyed the story, needs to be made into an actual anime as opposed to 3/4 of the garbage Japan animates instead. Pretty sad when a bulk of anime can be thrown into the "fanservice" tag. This wasn't the case a decade ago.

I've been very happy with the Manga and anime versions of Gate. It takes you to absurd curb-stomping of middle ages military by a modern military.

Overlord and Gakkou Gurashi! are the big surprises. Gakkou Gurashi in particular is a great example of perspective based writing.
Formerly known as MorphCross before the great deletion of 2011. The Creature Lives!
MorphCrossing

Return to “%s” Geek Culture