Heroes Speculation (Spoilers ahead)

Heroes Speculation (Spoilers ahead)

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 14th, 2008, 12:21 am

I'm not sure how many people watch this show, but I know some do.

As for newest developments, what the hell was up with Hiro in this weeks episode? I mean really. I haven't liked what they've done to him lately, with his being an ass towards Ando (despite knowing the future isn't solid), but to stab him? What the hell was that? Though this might explain why Ando killed Hiro in the future Hiro saw.

What do you all think is going to happen with Elle? Personally, I hope they don't have her just disappear, or get killed off in her next appearance. She's just too good a character to kill off.

Maya's been strung up by Mohinder's gunk, and well, I can't say I'm that disappointed. I never really liked her, though I must say that I don't really want Mohinder to end up as a mutated mad scientist, though that seems to be where it's going.

I think that's good enough to start us off, though that's certainly not everything that's going on. Parkman's father, the other villains, Mr. Petrelli (sp?), Sylar, HRG, and so much more.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Re: Heroes Speculation (Spoilers ahead)

Unread postby ewuvi » October 14th, 2008, 6:02 pm

Hehehehehe.

Adam is back, beotches!
I can't say I like how Hiro is going this time (poor Ando), but Parkman's being kinda cool, and Sylar is starting to kick ass. I'm sad about Future!Peter dying, he was awesome beyond reason.
I don't really like the Mohinder thing, but I really don't like Maya...and I was hoping for more portal dude. I expect him to pop out of an orange portal somewhere.
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 14th, 2008, 6:08 pm

Yeah, I'm a little disappointed they killed him off as well. If nothing else, his powers were too cool to get rid off that quickly. Easily abused though.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Random_fan » October 14th, 2008, 7:26 pm

Well I live in Australia so I'm a little behind, we've just had the first two episodes. But I've never minded spoilers before so it doesn't matter much. I also hope Elle stays in, she's my favourite character of the series for various reason, okay three. So future Peter dies, that I didn't see coming.
Random_fan

Unread postby ewuvi » October 20th, 2008, 9:17 pm

Those team killing fucktards! Damn it! How dare you kill Adam Monroe!
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 20th, 2008, 10:27 pm

I gotta say, I'm upset about the loss of him. When I saw him get tossed in there with Peter's father, I was expecting them to bleed him, and heal him that way. I think that would have been better, because now they won't have to bring in a seriously convoluted plotline.

And just how creepy was Mr. Puppeteer? Though I would have been more impressed if he didn't use all the gestures. And I think they've ruined Mohinder now. The desperate scientist who wanted to prove his father's work but ended up being manipulated was great. I liked that character. But now he's the crazed mad scientist who has mutated himself and is destroying everything he's worked and it's not working for me.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » October 21st, 2008, 5:33 pm

Yeah, the puppeteer could have been cooler, but Claire did get a pretty cool Moment.

And I just wanted Nik-er Tracy to freeze him. She was pretty clever though, and could be bad-ass, as long as there isn't too much Nathan.

Heh, Sylar being sweet. It's just so weird! And I just wonder what Daddy-Man will do with Sylar's power. Will he go as crazy as Pete-boy?
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 21st, 2008, 10:44 pm

Well, considering he ate Adam, sucked away his son's powers, and apparently had his wife put in a permanent stasis, I'd say we wouldn't really notice too much.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby MEKristian » October 21st, 2008, 10:47 pm

I contend that he never "ate" Adam; he just stole his power, which at Adam's age was probably the only thing keeping him alive.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 21st, 2008, 10:59 pm

You're right, he didn't eat him in the traditional sense, but he did absorb him to the point that he immediately turned to ash. Considering he absorbed Peter's powers and left him unharmed physically, he can control them. And while I understand about Adam's age being a factor, I doubt he would have dusted so quickly, without the outside help. I'm sticking by "he ate him" as my word choice, if for no other reason than it sounds more evil than he sucked out his powers.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby tjchaos » November 24th, 2008, 11:07 pm

Cute cameo with Seth Green.
tjchaos

Unread postby Random_fan » November 27th, 2008, 7:13 pm

Well I've just seen the episode after Hiro's 'dream walk' or whatever and I would just like to say, what is going on? I understand what is happening but not why, why is Hiro acting like a ten year old, why are Elle and Sylar starting a relationship and so on and so forth.
To avoid confusion I understand why these things are happening but I'm interested in what it has to do with the overall picture. I don't expect a response but I just wanted to express my confusion, even lost is easier to understand than this season.
Random_fan

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 27th, 2008, 11:35 pm

As for Hiro being moved back to when he was ten years old, that may be a way to keep him from getting too powerful. Although, with characters like Peter, Sylar, and Pa Patrelli, that's sketchy. As for why Elle and Sylar are getting together, it may be the writers trying to redeem them for past actions. Two misled characters who are comforting each other. Personally, I preferred them as their original badass interpretations. Elle was toeing the edge of insanity real close, and Sylar was an unseen figure with monstrous motives.

Of course, this may be a result of poor planning. Most of the Season One cast was originally supposed to be killed off in the first season finale, but with the fan support the characters got, they got kept on. But you would think they would have figured it out by now. Of course, a look at Claire's family tree shows just how much the writers planned. That's just nuts. And it's really annoying. One Degree of Separation can be done well, but I don't think it has been here.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » December 4th, 2008, 11:59 pm

and now Elle is gone!

I don't see why Sylar did it though, he already had the powah...

ah hell with it
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 5th, 2008, 1:46 am

Yeah, I'm sorry to see Elle go, but on the bright side, we seem to have psycho killer Sylar back. Which, you know, not so good for the other heroes out there, but I always preferred that characterization to the wishy-washy, I need redemption, what have I done characterization they've had him on recently.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Random_fan » December 13th, 2008, 3:13 am

Yeah Psycho Sylar is better, but killing Elle, she was my favourite character and her death seems pathetic. Maybe it was done for another reson, besides getting psycho Sylar back and I hope so.
Random_fan

Unread postby ewuvi » December 13th, 2008, 4:24 pm

We missed the first half of this last weeks episode, so seeing Sylar show up when Peter is about to shoot his Dad, stop the bullet, ask a question, and then kill Mr. Petrelli and leave left me with a sort of WTF feeling, followed by a renewed love of Sylar. He's the only character that can do that kind of thing and get away with it.

Also, do you think Future Peter got his time travel powers from the FORMULA? Because he lost his and all that...
Nathan is an ass. Just throwing that out there.
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 13th, 2008, 4:37 pm

Who knows? Heroes has such a flexible future that anyone coming back from the future will probably end up wrong. Also, Future Peter came back and shot Nathan, something that didn't happen in his timeline, so we can't be sure of anything about that timeline anymore. But if the present people do end up becoming their future counterparts, I'm really looking forward to the Future Hiro from Season One.

Also, Sylar is awesome again. He's back to the With Great Power Comes Great Insanity again, just as it should be. I think that's part of what rubbed me the wrong way about Arthur Petrelli. He was more powerful than Sylar, but entirely too rational. Sylar's incredibly powerful, but also completely bonkers. I like that in a villain.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Lthayer3 » December 23rd, 2008, 6:08 pm

Just finished watching the whole season, but I don't have much to comment on...
We missed the first half of this last weeks episode, so seeing Sylar show up when Peter is about to shoot his Dad, stop the bullet, ask a question, and then kill Mr. Petrelli and leave left me with a sort of WTF feeling, followed by a renewed love of Sylar. He's the only character that can do that kind of thing and get away with it.

Also, do you think Future Peter got his time travel powers from the FORMULA? Because he lost his and all that...
Kill Mr. Petrelli... Kill Mr. Petrelli... When I saw him get shot, my first thought was "I wonder how long until his healing power via Peter via Claire starts to kick in? He most definately wasn't shot in the back of the head." My second thought was "Oh ****, it wouldn't matter if he was shot in that spot in the back of his head since he has Adam's power, too!" That's right. Unless Mr. Petrelli loses his powers when he is 'killed' unlike other people we've seen so far, he'll be alive and well for the next season. Fun fun. (Well, unless the Haitian being around when he was killed affected anything?)

As for the formula, I guess it is possible that Peter could get his powers back that way, if there was another tube kept besides the one Ando used. But there's something I remember Mr. Petrelli telling Sylar. Something about having the ability to transfer powers. So I have the feeling that either Mr. Petrelli, Sylar, or both can give powers just as well as they can take them. I'm still not sure whether or not Sylar has the same power as Mr. Petrelli, though...
Nathan is an ass. Just throwing that out there.
I completely agree :)
Lthayer3

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 23rd, 2008, 7:25 pm

As far as we know, Mr. Petrelli is dead for good. The Haitian cancels powers, which kept Arthur from healing. Arthur just about had the Haitian beat, but Sylar killed him before he could truly throw it off. Whether or not the healing powers Arthur had absorbed would have healed him, the Haitian could have kept him from regenerating after he was shot, because a dead person couldn't resist the power. Arthur resisting the Haitian's powers would be a conscious action, and he can't consciously resist the power if he's dead. And I'm of the opinion that if he hadn't come back by the end of the episode, I don't think we'll be seeing him.

Of course, I've never liked Arthur as a villain. I much preferred Sylar. Arthur was entirely competent, in control, and he really just rubbed me the wrong way. Perhaps it was that he wasn't following the mold of "With Great Power Comes Great Insanity" whereas Sylar most definitely did. Arthur kept the shadows, was trying to do everything as a Chessmaster, but frankly, I much preferred Sylar and the fact that he was nuts and didn't seem to mind (I really didn't like when they tried to change his character). I especially liked the last episodes where Sylar killed the woman at her work, and was later going down the elevator absolutely covered in blood like nothing was wrong. But perhaps I'm just weird.

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby MEKristian » December 23rd, 2008, 7:32 pm

I didn't like Arthur because he seemed to have FAR to many Diabolous ex Machina moments... especially concerning whenever something big happened involving Hiro.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby ewuvi » December 31st, 2008, 8:58 pm

Of course, bio-mommy, and Sylar don't look like they can come back. Claire got him in the 'no-heal' spot, and then the house combusted. Well, he died doing what he loved best, mindfucking everyone within range.

And next season's Nathan is the bad guy. Should be fun. I hope someone points out that he can fly, he gets emprisoned or whatever, and they have a prison break and the only person they don't free is him.

I never liked the Nathan character, he just doesn't have it in him to not do stuff for personal gain. He's far to easily manipulated by the bad guys. That and the good guys don't really have any good manipulative people, except perhaps Ma Petrelli, but her powers aren't badass enough for her to be able to get people into a position where she can screw with them. Plus she's pretty neutral, leaning good and bad as it benefits her.
ewuvi

Unread postby ewuvi » February 16th, 2009, 11:20 pm

:o Double Post! Oh Noes!

Okay, new season is pretty cool. I especially loved when Psycho Killer came on while Sylar was driving at the end there. That was great.

Also, I'm hoping Hiro gets his powers back soon, it's getting pretty annoying that he doesn't have his. But then, he'd be the resistance nuke if he did have his powers, I mean seriously, they government guys would be screwed.

I like the new limitation on Peter's powers. He isn't as overpowered without being insane now, which is nice.
ewuvi

Unread postby Random_fan » February 16th, 2009, 11:58 pm

Well I recently got the second season of heroes and one of the bonus features is an alternate ending, the one that was supposed to happen. The one thing that changes is the shanti(sp?) virus drops instead of Peter catching it. Now seeing as this is a speculation thread I'm wondering what everyone else thinks would have happened in the rest of the season and onward, there was supposed to be two more episodes in the season.
Random_fan

Unread postby ewuvi » February 17th, 2009, 5:27 pm

Why, Mohinder would have to make a cure of course! Claire would be vital to it, and she'd be angsting about saving her buddies.
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Geek Culture