Super Sentai & Kamen Rider

Re: Super Sentai & Kamen Rider

Unread postby Vael » December 15th, 2012, 1:52 pm

So, been watching some more of GoBusters when it hit me.

We know that they have these interesting weaknesses / quirks related to computers, right? Red freezes, Blue overheats/overclocks, Yellow is an energy hog.

Now Beet doesn't seem to have any, but then I noticed something about Stag, he always interrupts Beet at the most random of times, Stag even tends to answer in the place of Beet sometimes. You know what Stag and Beet are? A net user whose account got hacked by a Spam Bot with an amazing number of pop-up ads. :animlol:
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Unread postby Random_fan » February 6th, 2013, 7:49 am

So Go-busters has almost ended, I would comment on how the series has been but I'm still up to about episode 20 because only Jin and Enter were entertaining in any way. That being said I'm interested in other people's thought's, maybe someone can say something about that'll make me want to watch the episodes I haven't yet.
Random_fan

Unread postby MEKristian » July 26th, 2013, 12:51 am

... Well, we know that the next Kamen Rider is Kamen Rider Gaim, and that he's a fruit samurai...

We have also learned that the writer for the series is Gen Urobuchi...
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 26th, 2013, 1:32 am

Oh this can only end in tears...
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Farmer_10 » July 26th, 2013, 9:47 pm

They let the same guy who wrote Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero get his hands on Kamen Rider? Who the hell went and made that coked-up decision?!

Okay, let's not panic. The seasons gimmick is Fruit Samurai. Nobody is good enough to make that premise plausibly dramatic.
Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby MEKristian » July 26th, 2013, 9:52 pm

Okay, let's not panic. The seasons gimmick is Fruit Samurai. Nobody is good enough to make that premise plausibly dramatic.
You kids summon small monster-things to fight in pokemon-like battle, but this leaves holes open for larger monsters to come through and wreak havoc.
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 12th, 2013, 9:51 pm

They let the same guy who wrote Madoka Magica and Fate/Zero get his hands on Kamen Rider? Who the hell went and made that coked-up decision?!

Nobody, huh? That remains to be seen. And why are you concerned about the Fate/Zero guy getting his hands on Kamen Rider? The Franchise before the revival with the 2k riders was a LOT darker than it is right now. It's kinda right up his alley as it were. Of course, he might tone it down. On the other hand, he might not.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 13th, 2013, 4:29 am

So, we can expect a resurrection of Skull Man then?
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 13th, 2013, 7:32 pm

Didn't they kinda do that already with Kamen Rider Skull in Kamen Rider W? Wasn't Skull based on the Skull Man?

... And isn't Skull Man also the name of a Mega Man boss?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby jgkitarel » September 14th, 2013, 10:51 am

Kinda, Dechs, kinda. And no, not to confused with the Mega Man Boss.

Skull Man was one of the original versions of the concept done by Ishinomori that would become Kamen Rider. He is a far cry from what would become the heroes of the Kamen Rider franchise. They're not the same, but considering that they had the same creator...
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » December 7th, 2013, 1:32 am

Well, we have the 2014 Sentai team revealed.

Welp.
MEKristian

Unread postby OldLibrarian » January 30th, 2014, 2:06 am

Yeah. Wow, that mech...to say nothing of the Terry's Chocolate Orange henshin over on Kamen Rider.

Have to admit, I'm not terribly enthusiastic about the current year's offering, though I am behind a bit.
OldLibrarian

Unread postby MEKristian » February 12th, 2014, 3:00 pm

When Bandai decides that the toyline was too much of a flop to even try and do again, Saban gives in and moves on.
MEKristian

Return to “%s” Geek Culture