For the Emperor

For the Emperor

Unread postby Comosicus » November 19th, 2010, 4:11 pm

This week I found the most awesome game shop I ever saw. It is the Game.es shop on Carrer de Pau Claris. Check what is at the entrance. A Blood Raven Space Marine, almost at full size. I say "almost" because it was a bit higher than me, but they're supposed to be towering over a normal human. Too bad the left fist is missing.

Comosicus

Re: For the Emperor

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 19th, 2010, 4:26 pm

*sigh*

I want to say that is awesome, but it is not a chaos marine, just a bloody imperial. Why would anyone want a statue of an imperial?
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby SLAMU » November 19th, 2010, 11:28 pm

Easy, because Chaos<Imperial. And thank goodness that it isn't a Smurf. Though if it was a statue of some Death Korps of Krieg troopers with a Commisar, that would be absolutely baddass. Alas, Smreen figureines sell better, so the Dark Eldar will never recieve a codex update.
SLAMU

Unread postby Darkandus » November 19th, 2010, 11:40 pm

Eh...Slamu? *Leans in and whispers* The Dark Elder got a new codex about a month ago.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 20th, 2010, 1:16 am

And another Xeno lover. The Inquisition will purge your taint from humanity. Repent in the eyes of the Emperor and you will be given His mercy.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 20th, 2010, 8:02 pm

Bleh, I am surrounded by blind fanatics.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Chuckg » November 20th, 2010, 9:57 pm

You entered the 40kverse, what else do you expect? :-P
Chuckg

Unread postby Dervon » November 22nd, 2010, 8:36 am

You entered the 40kverse, what else do you expect? :-P
A plot driven by GW's profit-logic? Fan-boys writing codexs? Matt Ward canonizing that the Blood Angels once fought alongside the Necron and both parted on amicable terms? Old awesome lore being retcon'd in favor of more economics-based drivel and low-tier-fanfiction canon?

Am I missing anything? :3c
Dervon

Unread postby Darkandus » November 22nd, 2010, 12:44 pm

Ollanius pius being removed deserves special mention, I think. I know it happened ages ago, but god damn it GW!
Darkandus

Unread postby Dervon » November 22nd, 2010, 12:56 pm

Ollanius pius being removed deserves special mention, I think. I know it happened ages ago, but god damn it GW!
To be honest, Ollanius is THE retcon of 40K, in my book. The perfect iteration of old-school bad-assery that get's removed in favor of more screen-time for the cookie-cutter spesh mahreens that sell oh so very well.
Dervon

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 22nd, 2010, 3:31 pm

Matt Ward canonizing that the Blood Angels once fought alongside the Necron and both parted on amicable terms?

Huh? What are you smoking, that never happened.

No!

Did not happen!

:leaving:

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Darkandus » November 22nd, 2010, 4:13 pm

Of course it didn't. Matt Ward is clearly a servant of the Eldar. The filthy Xeno Lover.
Darkandus

Unread postby Dervon » November 22nd, 2010, 4:19 pm

Matt Ward canonizing that the Blood Angels once fought alongside the Necron and both parted on amicable terms?

Huh? What are you smoking, that never happened.

No!

Did not happen!

:leaving:
Better believe it boy-o! As 1d4chan puts it: "They are currently Super Secret Pony Princess Unicorn Best Friends Forever with Necrons. Because that makes sense."
Dervon

Unread postby Phht » November 22nd, 2010, 10:03 pm

I'm glad that the closest I get to WH40k is fanfiction and eventually Dawn of War games.

What the world needs is a WH40k RTS storyline from the view of the Chaos forces or, really, any faction that's not Space Marines. ;)
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 22nd, 2010, 10:14 pm

DoW: Winter Assault.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Phht » November 22nd, 2010, 11:28 pm

I can't help but notice that after that expansion, they switched to conquest mode single player that pretty much lacked a storyline regardless of faction. And then went to Space Marines squad storyline in DoW2 and expansion.

Two games, 4 expansions (well, five next year)... and only one (maybe two) takes a storyline view from a non-Space Marines faction. Either that expansion was horrible, or it was too good and got people thinking of non-Space Marine factions and thus was never repeated. :wink:
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Satori » November 23rd, 2010, 4:37 am

It's more that after Winter Assault they went back from soft balance to hard balance, and in the process removed everything that made the IG faction at all interesting.

I miss my basalisks being able to shoot halfway across the map.
Satori

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » December 9th, 2010, 8:04 pm

What is the difference between 'soft' and 'hard' balance?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby jgkitarel » December 10th, 2010, 8:29 pm

Soft balance is everything equalizes out in the end. Hard balance is something gets royally beaten down somewhere.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Stormseed » December 12th, 2010, 8:29 pm

There is - or was, it's been a while - something like this at the GW store at the Katy Mills Mall. It was an Ultramarine with the arms crossed, tho, IIRC.
Stormseed

Unread postby Dervon » December 17th, 2010, 3:44 pm

:biggrin:
Dervon

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 17th, 2010, 7:28 pm

This is a family friendly site dervon! What were you thinking when you posted that.... vulgar trash?!

Do you have no shame? What if some kid came on and saw that!

Where is tempest when you need a mod?

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Dervon » December 17th, 2010, 7:47 pm

You wanna see ban-worthy? Because I GOT some ban-worthy right here:

:secret_laugh:

Matt Ward = This Is Why The Fan-Boys Should NOT Write The Fluff
Dervon

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » December 17th, 2010, 8:00 pm

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 17th, 2010, 9:44 pm

Zank: :pill:

Derv: Knock it off.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Geek Culture