Tron

Tron

Unread postby gamebrain89 » December 18th, 2010, 1:24 am

So I just got back from the theater from seeing Tron Legacy, and I must say, I am rather pleased. The visuals were superb, the music was great, and I enjoyed it greatly. I doubt it would win any awards, but I really liked it for what it was. The lightcycle sequences were great fun. My one complaint would be they tread heavily in the Uncanny Valley for CLU. The story, however, was a bit weird.
Spoiler: show
I still don't entirely understand the ISO's, other than they were just randomly created lifeforms in the grid that CLU hated because they screwed up his perfect system. I guess they were supposed to be able to cure all disease or something?
All in all, it was a great nostalgia trip, and I would recommend seeing it. Lots of fun and flashy visuals, and a worthy successor to the original. It was cheesy, it was crazy, and it was awesome!

I have fond memories of the original, most notably watching it on vhs at my grandparents, since it came out 7 years before I was born. I still pull it out and watch it every once in a while, when I'm feeling particularly geeky.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Re: Tron

Unread postby Satori » August 2nd, 2011, 3:51 am

The point of the ISO's is that they are independently evolved digital life forms. They're totally new, totally different. Even in "human" form, Quarra may not actually have DNA... she'd have something similar and serving a similar function but fundamentally different.

In short, she's an outside context opportunity.
Satori

Unread postby Greybane » August 3rd, 2011, 10:54 pm

I finally saw the original for the first time yesterday. Interesting.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » August 3rd, 2011, 11:14 pm

Yes. Interesting. In an eyebleeding way. But interesting none-the-less.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Return to “%s” Geek Culture