Stiens;Gate (Anime)

Stiens;Gate (Anime)

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » September 1st, 2011, 4:28 pm

So I started watching a new anime series. It's strange, but I think it's definately worth checking out, I know I've really enjoyed it so far:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/steinsgate/e ... end-573382
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Re: Stiens;Gate (Anime)

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 1st, 2012, 8:50 am

If you guys have not watched this anime yet, seriously, you should. Crunchyroll no longer has internet broadcast license, so the link above is useless. But I just finished, and I have to say... wow. Seriously, just watch it.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby serbii » January 5th, 2012, 7:56 am

This just won Random Curiosity's best series and people's choice. I think I'll try it after I finish Mawaru Penguindrum... and catch up in Fate/Zero... Damn it, there are not enough hours in the day.
serbii

Unread postby doc.exe » January 9th, 2012, 1:04 am

I watched the first four chapters. It's a bit weird, but so far it has not crossed on, let's say, Lain levels of mind screwing.

It's really interesting so I might watch it till the end.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 13th, 2012, 11:26 pm

I hope you do. I don't imagine it will be a chore much longer, if it has been at all.
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby doc.exe » January 15th, 2012, 3:13 am

Well, I just finished it and... WOW! :disappearing:

It's possibly one of the best sci-fi series I have seen (and I'm not just talking about anime here). It starts a bit slowly, but things start to pick up at chapter 4 and after chapter 12... well, just WOW!

It has its share of weirdness (mostly provided by the rather excentric cast of characters) and the plot can be a bit difficult to follow at times, but it never really crosses into the confusing, labyrinthic, mind screwing mess that many other stories with the same theme can devolve into (I don't want to spoil anything, I'm just going to say that it has to do with time travel and time manipulation, so you can guess what kind of stories I'm talking about).

Guys, you should really see it if you have the chance.
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » January 20th, 2012, 7:41 am

:biggrin: So glad to share it, I just wanted to spread the awesome. Glad you like it!
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Return to “%s” Geek Culture