Homestuck

Homestuck

Unread postby EnigmaticD » October 18th, 2011, 10:32 pm

If anyone here has read Homestuck, just skip this explanation.

Homestuck is a comic created by a man named Andrew Hussie, the creator of JAILBREAK, Bard Quest, and Problem Sleuth, all of which can be found at MSPaint Adventures. They are characterized by absurd situations, game-like story elements, and, in the case of Problem Sleuth and Homestuck, profuse amounts of characters and plot threads, to the point of confusion, if not regularly recapped, and also cross-series running gags. Homestuck also boasts awesome music and decent-to-very-good animation.

Homestuck is about four kids playing a Sims-like game, and suddenly, their planet is obliterated. Also, they are being trolled by aliens from the future, or possibly the past, or maybe even the present. Time works slightly weird in Homestuck. That's pretty much the best description I can come up with.

So, anyone wish to discuss Homestuck?
Last edited by EnigmaticD on October 19th, 2011, 3:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
EnigmaticD

Re: Homestuck

Unread postby Wittgen » October 19th, 2011, 3:09 am

Does discussing Homestuck require that half our words be in all caps?
Wittgen

Unread postby EnigmaticD » October 19th, 2011, 3:59 pm

I did type it in a non-eye-friendly manner, and I apologize to any eyes which were harmed by it.
EnigmaticD

Unread postby Wittgen » October 19th, 2011, 7:36 pm

My question was meant to be wry but not scoldy. Hope I didn't come across jerkish. I really wasn't trying to be forum manners police. I was also honestly curious if fairly random all caps was memetically related to Homestuck. I am not too familiar with the source material.
Wittgen

Unread postby MEKristian » October 19th, 2011, 8:04 pm

My question was meant to be wry but not scoldy. Hope I didn't come across jerkish. I really wasn't trying to be forum manners police. I was also honestly curious if fairly random all caps was memetically related to Homestuck. I am not too familiar with the source material.
Yes, it is, in the same way orange text is to the Ace Attorney series.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby EnigmaticD » October 19th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Basically, allcaps is for relating IMPORTANT THINGS, usually, facets of a character's PERSONALITY in an INTRODUCTION PAGE.

Time to actually introduce Homestuck:

A thirteen-year-old boy named ZOOSMELL POOPLORD JOHN EGBERT, is interested by a game called SBURB, produced by a company called SKAIANET LABORATORIES, which lets you control PRETTY MUCH ANYTHING. He is accompanied by his ALSO THIRTEEN-YEAR-OLD friends, FLIGHTY BROAD ROSE LALONDE, INSUFFERABLE PRI DAVID STRIDER, and FARMSTINK BUTTLASS JADE HARLEY team up, fighting monsters and trying to stop the end of the universe itself!
Spoiler: show
They all find out that they are closely related, their families all die in terrible ways, they are pitted against an adversary that can kill them without a thought, and the only people powerful enough and remotely friendly enough to help them are in another pocket universe, out of sync with their timeline, and, more likely than not, will all die horribly very, very soon.
And that is Homestuck in a nutshell.
EnigmaticD

Return to “%s” Geek Culture