Recomended Fan Webcomics/web doujinshi

Recomended Fan Webcomics/web doujinshi

Unread postby Tsuki » January 2nd, 2012, 1:02 pm

Hi here Tsuki, I know there was a similar thread, but only touched webcomics from more or less original ideas, I would make one that lists "webcomic fanfiction". Here are some I found and like:
- from Naruto:

NaruHina Chronicles A really great and long(over 2000 pages!!!) comic. While it may start off as a standard Shipping story, it very quickly evolves into a full-on story of it's own.(read from right to left)

Talk a nicely drawn and written shot-comic detailing Naruto's reaction to Hinata's confesion and near sacrifice during the battle with Pein.

Fallen Idols The story begins when after The Fourth Great Shinobi War. Sasuke comes back to Konoha to burry Itachi with other of Leaf’s heroes and faces the consequences.

Yondaime Gaiden the first Naruto Doujinshi I ever read, this beauty was drawn by the talented artist kunoichi-san (who is Polish just like me :biggrin2 ). The story is about the Yondaime's life right before the Kyuubi's attack and while has differences with canon because of being written in 2007/2008
Spoiler: show
which are resolved in the ending
, it is a really enjoyable comic.(read from right to left)

- from Dragon Ball:

Dragon Ball Multiverse a well known and loved webcomic which uses the concept of many different pararell dimensions to create a giant tournament, in which almost every character from DB and DBZ participates.

Wrong Time in this comic Trunks gets displaced in time and finds himself during the Saiyan Saga right before Son Goku's arrival instead of during Freeza's coming to Earth.

- other:

Sailor Moon CS epic re-imagining of Sailor Moon with a Shounen flair.(read from right to left)

Planescape Survival Guide a Forgotten Realms/Planescape webcomic which art maybe isn't the best but the storyline makes for it.
Tsuki

Re: Recomended Fan Webcomics/web doujinshi

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » January 2nd, 2012, 2:52 pm

My favorite comic in the "fancomics" category would have to be Shimmer; it is a Final Fantasy IV fancomic about Golbez's childhood in the Tower of Zot. Check out the sequel Wayrift as well.
Mushroom Go, a fancomic based on the Mario games, is also pretty good.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby gman391 » January 2nd, 2012, 3:42 pm

Hmm where was that comic...ah yes

By Nekoni this is actually really well drawn webcomic with something of an original flair based on Naruto where the sealing went a bit differently

Naruto Tensei

The first chapter
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tsuki » January 4th, 2012, 4:28 pm

Some other I know and like are Never Ending and The Happy Ending I Made Up from Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the first is about what could happen if Homura succeeded in killing Walpurgisnacht and other is a continuation of the series(they are on Danbooru, so be wary of NSFW ads). Ms Paint Masterpieces is also a surprisingly good sprite comic adaptation adaptation of the first two Mega Man games.
Tsuki

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » January 4th, 2012, 7:08 pm

How could I forget Pebble Version?! This is a sprite comic based on the old Ruby/Sapphire Pokémon games.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Random_fan » January 10th, 2012, 9:25 am

The Ten Doctors. This is absolutely brilliant though word of warning there are a lot of refrences to past events, though I have limited knowledge and followed it well enough.
Random_fan

Unread postby ShonenHero » February 10th, 2012, 7:55 pm

Since I didn't see it on here, thought I'd throw up a recommendation for Double K

TV Tropes sums it up best:
Imagine an 80's Buddy Cop Show, like Starsky & Hutch, or better yet Miami Vice. Got the bad acting, and cheesy one-liners, and horrible outfits filling your brain? Good. But most of all, do you remember the explosions, the gunfights, and the invincible protagonists who always fought against all odds to save the day? One man over at deviantArt did. That man was Nathan "Captain Osaka" Mauer, who decided to resurrect the buddy cop genre with the aid of... the cast of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann?

Enter DOUBLE K, the comic so intense and over the top its name is written in ALL CAPS. Starring Kamina and Kittan as the titular buddy cop duo, DOUBLE K mirrors the story of Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann in the world of Teppelin Beach, a Miami Beach parody that is under the watchful eye of the GPD.
Oh, and if you want to you can quickly nab yourself a signed copy of volume 1 for $20 on it's Kickstarter, though be warned the drive ends in approximately 20 minutes.
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby jgkitarel » February 17th, 2012, 11:20 pm

Wow, a few pages into DOUBLE K and I neary died laughing. Oh yeah, this is definitely going to be great.

EDIT: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby ShonenHero » February 18th, 2012, 2:37 am

Wow, a few pages into DOUBLE K and I neary died laughing. Oh yeah, this is definitely going to be great.

EDIT: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol: :animlol:
I know! And with the Kickstarter being so succesful, Captain Osaka's going to be able to invest in updating it more frequently, so cheers all around!

:cheers:
ShonenHero

Yahoo Messenger: chubbs.panbuukin
AOL: canera411

Unread postby Tsuki » March 2nd, 2012, 10:44 am

Here are two really good comics of series: Thor in the DC Universe: 1: Orion & the New Gods and Thor in the DC Universe: 2: Black Adam, the first one is especially a treat for Kirby fans :biggrin:
Tsuki

Return to “%s” Geek Culture