The Avengers movies

The Avengers movies

Unread postby Comosicus » June 23rd, 2012, 10:45 am

Hi everyone,

Before seeing the Avengers movie (yes, I haven't seen it yet), I would like to build things up by seeing the background stories for the main heroes. I have had little contact with the comics (communist and current days Romania is not that crazy about comics), so I thought it would be a good idea to see the movies they launched recently. I have seen IronMan 1 and 2 and I would like to know what would be the best order to see the rest of the movies. I understand that other two movies that I need to see would be Captain America and Thor. Anything else?
  • Iron Man
  • Iron Man 2
  • Captain America
  • Thor
  • The Avengers
Is there a recent Hulk movie that fits with the series? How about the other avengers?
Comosicus

Re: The Avengers movies

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 23rd, 2012, 10:54 am

The most recent Hulk movie with Edward Norton as Bruce Banner also fits into the series. IIRC, the timeline places it between Iron Man and Iron Man 2.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Comosicus » June 23rd, 2012, 11:42 am

Updated list with IMDB links:
Is there anything else?
Comosicus

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 23rd, 2012, 12:23 pm

Nope. That should be everything.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 23rd, 2012, 1:55 pm

Yup, that's right.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Phht » June 23rd, 2012, 3:16 pm

I think Thor and Captain America should be swapped. Thor's secret scene hints at a Captain America plot point, while Captain America's secret scene is an Avengers teaser.

Otherwise, you're good to go.
Phht

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 23rd, 2012, 3:24 pm

*blinks* Yeah, Phht's right.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Comosicus » June 23rd, 2012, 3:34 pm

Thank you guys.
Comosicus

Return to “%s” Geek Culture