Evil Dead

Evil Dead

Unread postby Arganaut » January 7th, 2013, 6:11 pm

"Oh wow, another Hollywood remake of a classic. Now they're even getting down to the B-Movie classics. This is going to suck."

*Watches trailer*

"... Wow. This movie's kinda fucked up."

"Can't wait to go see it."
Arganaut

Re: Evil Dead

Unread postby Random_fan » January 7th, 2013, 7:13 pm

This isn't your typical hollywood remake, Sam Raimi and Bruce Campbell are producing so if any remake can be as good as the original it'll be this one.
Random_fan

Unread postby doc.exe » January 9th, 2013, 12:13 pm

Frankly, with every new remake/reboot that is announced, a part of me can’t wait for a really massive flop (or series of flops) to happen that kills that current craze in Hollywood.

That being said: Man! That trailer certainly looks wicked cool!
"No te tomes la vida demasiado en serio, al fin y al cabo no saldrás vivo de ella." Les Luthiers

"There are two essential rules to management. One, the customer is always right; and two, they must be punished for their arrogance." Dogbert
doc.exe

Unread postby jgkitarel » January 9th, 2013, 5:19 pm

Something tells me that while this may be better, at least in terms of the acting, it won't manage to get the campiness of the original which made it a classic.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” Geek Culture