Gems of Youtube

Re: Gems of Youtube

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 23rd, 2013, 11:25 am

Found this and though it worth the while, or I at least found it amusing to watch. In other words, the Touhou Characters impersonate Youtube. Also found a very well done musical Touhou MMD.

Chen doing "nyanyanyanyanyanyanya" was just too appropriate, and adorable, but Meiling's bit was just classic. The second one captures IN rather well.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby jgkitarel » July 31st, 2013, 9:38 pm

Sorry for the double post, but it's been long enough....

Methinks some of you might like this....

Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Farmer_10 » August 5th, 2013, 5:42 pm

Sweet lady fate, why dost thou piss on me so?!
Farmer_10

Unread postby MEKristian » August 20th, 2013, 3:48 pm

Girl cosplays as older brother in order to defeat royalty. Just another thing that only makes sense in the Nasu-verse...
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby jgkitarel » August 23rd, 2013, 5:42 pm

Ok, if this was posted, I missed it. Presenting you, the most VIRAL YOUTUBE VIDEO EVAR!!!!

The vets of this site know a few fact about me, such as my being stationed in Korea (unfortunately before this), but yeah, this is K-pop in a nutshell. We've all seen it, it's viral, but it's a classic (now). I've been to the Gangnam District of Seoul, and his mocking of not only it, but the posers who are trying to act like they're regulars is spot on. I got educated on the mockery of those who were Gangnam Style from a KATUSA.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » September 30th, 2013, 5:34 pm

If you have not seen this already, come out from under your rock and let the beautiful light shine into your visual receptors.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Dechstreme » October 1st, 2013, 3:33 pm

Rock has been abandoned.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 1st, 2013, 5:16 pm

Hmm... there was one that I'd found a while back titled "MW2 in a Nutshell." The whole thing is pretty much CoD sounds edited to the tune of... something from a Kirby soundtrack. Funniest part of it is that the last 10 or 15 seconds is summed up by "30 seconds" ... (several people in chorus) "RPG!"
I CAN'T FIND IT ANY MORE!!!! TT.TT
Well, in any case, here's another one. (Note: NOT the original video. The guy's account was taken down for violations of community guidelines.)
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"Sometimes I stop to think and forget to start again." - t-shirt
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
"Come to the Darkside; We have bacon." - t-shirt
Wraith5

Unread postby MEKristian » October 1st, 2013, 5:26 pm

Awesome Mash-up time? Awesome Mash-up time.

MEKristian

Unread postby Ristridin » October 2nd, 2013, 11:36 am

Hmm... there was one that I'd found a while back titled "MW2 in a Nutshell." The whole thing is pretty much CoD sounds edited to the tune of... something from a Kirby soundtrack. Funniest part of it is that the last 10 or 15 seconds is summed up by "30 seconds" ... (several people in chorus) "RPG!"
I CAN'T FIND IT ANY MORE!!!! TT.TT
I found Call of Kirby, looking for Kirby's gourmet race (which is the typical Kirby music one uses for things like this) and Call of Duty. It's only 37 seconds though...
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby Wraith5 » October 2nd, 2013, 2:11 pm

I found Call of Kirby, looking for Kirby's gourmet race (which is the typical Kirby music one uses for things like this) and Call of Duty. It's only 37 seconds though...
No, that's not it... I'm pretty sure the one I remember was between 1:00 and 1:30 long. Also, it didn't have any CoD4 in it. Only MW2.
"MW2 in a Nutshell."
If it helps, most of the clips were from the campaign, and only the intro clip was from the multiplayer. One of the others was a guy putting a claymore down on top of the blow-up doll in Makarov's house during "Loose Ends." Others include a high-speed loop of a C4 detonator clicking, "I hate dogs", and a security door in the prison going up and down. A LOT.
Oh, and the segment with the "RPG!!!!" chorus uses a clip from the sequence at the destroyed bridge in "Team Player."
"Boss, why is it that you always say 'I've got a plan' like a terrorist says 'I've got a bomb'?" - Garrus Vakarian in Razor's Edge: Requiem (a Mass Effect fan-fic)
"I don't understand, but I disagree." - my older sister misquoting my younger brother ("I understand, but...")
Wraith5

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 6th, 2013, 1:41 am

A little for the WTF factor.

jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » December 1st, 2013, 9:32 pm

All of the Gundam Openings. All of them. (except for build fighters since that wasn't out at the time?)
MEKristian

Unread postby Wraith5 » December 1st, 2013, 11:46 pm

Hmm... I don't remember that list of the ZAFT pilots being there (it's at 32:00)...
I have to admit, the only GS:D opening I actually enjoy is Pride. As far as GS:D goes, I much prefer the ending songs over the opening ones. (Other way around for regular Gundam SEED. LOL)
Hmm... the Awakening of a Trailblaizer opening almost makes it look like it's a "Gundam 00 - post apocalypse" deal.:XD:
As for which openings are my favorites, I'd have to say that would include one (maybe two) from Wing, at least one from SEED (not Destiny though...), at least one of the After War Gundam X openings, one of the 00 ones, and probably two from AGE.
The thing I found most annoying about Gundam AGE was that they managed to cram THREE generations into ONE season.
Spoiler: show
Oh, and I remembered a few more things about that "MW2 in a Nutshell" video. The very end is a freeze-frame of 8-bit Captain Price vs. Wispy Woods. Earlier includes a very quickly repeated clip of placing a claymore on the sex doll (the one in the bath tub during the "Loose Ends" mission). It also has a C4 detonator being clicked in-time to the beat at some point.
Wraith5

Unread postby MEKristian » December 11th, 2013, 12:59 am

Sorry to kinda-sorta double-up on videos here, but this is something I really want to share soooo...

Now, some of you might recognize the name "Donna Burke". If you do, I'm sure it's either as "Oh, you mean the person who sings Heaven's Divide and Sins of the Father for the Metal Gear series?" or "Oh, you mean Raising Heart?"

But, Donna Burke has been signing for a while, certainly before Peace Walker. So, here's the ending to the first movie in the Tun A Gundam movie compilation, sung by Donna Burke.

After All.

MEKristian

Unread postby Phht » February 5th, 2014, 12:13 pm

So, someone apparently made a shot-for-shot recreation of the Starcraft: Brood War intro cinematic in live action.

Phht

Unread postby DidelotM1 » February 25th, 2014, 4:07 pm

Godzilla, The latest trailer.

all hail the king of the monsters.
DidelotM1

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 10th, 2014, 4:31 am

What is essentially an average day in Gensokyo.

jgkitarel

Unread postby Wraith5 » March 10th, 2014, 8:03 am

WOW. I cannot remember the last time I laughed that hard at something like that. Hell, I can't even remember the last time I WATCHED something like that. XD
Wraith5

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 27th, 2014, 12:04 am

Well, this next one, while not hilarious, is awesome in it's own way.

Reimu vs. Yuyuko

Yuyuko has the most acid trip based spell cards out there in a way, but they are absolutely gorgeous.

jgkitarel

Unread postby jgkitarel » March 29th, 2014, 1:30 am

Complete and utter fiction, but VERY well done.

jgkitarel

Unread postby jgkitarel » April 24th, 2014, 10:08 pm

A couple of hou MMDs that get my recommedation just for sheer quality.

Just very well done, right here. The bosses of SA putting on a concert, with our resident Hashihime doing the singing.

And this is just absolutely beautifully done.

jgkitarel

Unread postby jgkitarel » June 11th, 2014, 12:01 am

Since I'm too lazy to find the AMV thread...

A bit graphic since it's based off of Attack on Titan.

EDIT:

And some nostalgia from the GAG Brothers:

jgkitarel

Unread postby MEKristian » June 24th, 2014, 12:49 am

Gundam Unicorn Episode 7 is out, so we finally have a complete mecha compilation video. Which will be in a spoiler section because this goes all the way through to episode 7, and thus it's gonna spoil a whole bunch. Also it's an English-language adaptation of a Japanese video, so some English voice acting, if that's a thing that bothers you...
Spoiler: show
MEKristian

Unread postby Wraith5 » June 24th, 2014, 7:05 am

Oooh... I can't wait to watch that! I'm probably going to try to download it and watch it on the drive to the Outer Banks (in North Carolina) this weekend! ...I'm probably going to do something similar with HTTYD1 as well...
Wraith5

Return to “%s” Geek Culture