Free-Form Role PLaying

Free-Form Role PLaying

Unread postby Comartemis » July 15th, 2009, 11:16 pm

Alrighty. I'm one of the newest of the newbies hereabouts, but I'm more of an embattled veteran on one or two other forums, one of which is Fukufics.com.

Evangeline: Funny, I didn't know 'embattled veteran' was a synonym for "loudmouthed braggart".

You're a riot Kitty, you really are. So... Fukufics, if you haven't heard of it, is another fanfic website with a focus on Sailor Moon/Ranma 1/2 crossovers. We've been around for a few years and built up quite a community of fanfic fans both within and without our area of specialt--

Eva: Quit with the plugging and make with the point!

Right, right. So one of the things that makes Fukufics a fun place to hang out is that we have a forum called Spamville set aside for free-form roleplaying. Now I've looked around a bit and noticed there's a fairly active Naruto RP forum on the board, but the setting has a lot of inherent rules and standards that many potential players may not want to deal with.

Thus my suggestion: a new roleplaying forum set in Viridian Dreams' own unique setting, where the only rule is that there are no rules!

Eva: Except those pesky "common courtesy" laws the mods have got set down, so no flaming each other unless it's done between the characters and not the posters.

Quite. Now in the Naruto RP it's pretty much required that players be some sort of ninja, but there are no such standards here. Be a ninja! Be a pirate! Be a ninja pirate! Be a mage! Be a vampire!

Eva: Be a world-infamous 500-year old vampire sorceress with ten different titles and nicknames!

Or just port in your RP characters from D&D or WoW or whatever it is you play when you aren't here, no game mechanics necessary! We've certainly got enough gamers and nerds around plus the Naruto RPers that this new forum ought to be pretty popular once it gets rolling.
Comartemis

Re: New Free-Form Roleplaying Forum

Unread postby ewuvi » July 15th, 2009, 11:21 pm

Soo...you'd put this...where?

I'm intrigued, but what the hell would we do?
ewuvi

Unread postby Comartemis » July 15th, 2009, 11:39 pm

I'd put this under a new sub-forum on the Roleplaying board.

As for what we'd do... well, what do you want to do? Situations are determined by the individual threads so it's up to the posters do decide what happens. Say for instance you have a poster roleplaying an evil overlord who decides to conquer the setting. Posters may decide to aid him or fight him depending on their characters' reactions. It doesn't have to be anything so major though; characters can just stand around talking or fight each other for no reason. On Spamville we have a couple of posters who just start random crazy stuff--like stealing all the ice cream in town, for instance--and the rest of us just react to it. It doesn't need a purpose, it just has to be fun for the posters.
Comartemis

Unread postby ewuvi » July 15th, 2009, 11:41 pm

I'm assuming I can't have my character go psycho killer on all of the other RPers...

Hah! Dark might have fun rebuilding the Deus!
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » July 15th, 2009, 11:43 pm

What do you mean rebuilding? It's just got a thin layer of dust covering everything. And is infested with horrible unspeakable mutants but that's nothing a flamethrower won't fix.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby ewuvi » July 15th, 2009, 11:44 pm

Damn. I'll have to dust off the top hat and monocle.

(Comartemis, look at the Topic With No Name: Kind of Like Clint Eastwood for reference)
ewuvi

Unread postby Comartemis » July 15th, 2009, 11:49 pm

Psycho killers are also welcome, but hell has a revolving door and death isn't a big deal. This is one of the few laws of Spamville, and it's there to keep godmodders from roleplaying Goku or Light or whoever and ruining the fun.
Comartemis

Unread postby ewuvi » July 15th, 2009, 11:51 pm

Wait. People constantly re spawn? Great.

I vote the first topic (if this happens) is the Deus Ex Machina.
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » July 15th, 2009, 11:54 pm

Ah yes, my Beautiful Air Fortress. When the time is right we shall purify the world! Muahahahahahahahahahem... :leaving:
Darkandus

Unread postby Phht » July 15th, 2009, 11:55 pm

Wait. People constantly re spawn? Great.
Stop spawn camping, dang it!
:leaving:
Phht

Unread postby Comartemis » July 15th, 2009, 11:59 pm

...well, one of the other rules is that killing someone sometimes makes them drop ability crystals like the ones in Final Fantasy Tactics, so you occasionally get rewards for killing people. Not everybody's just going around fighting each other, though; some people just hang around and watch the fun, bags of popcorn in hand.

And if respawning is an issue, I'm open to other suggestions for ways to stop godmodders from mucking things up.
Comartemis

Unread postby ewuvi » July 16th, 2009, 12:01 am

Ah yes, my Beautiful Air Fortress. When the time is right we shall purify the world! Muahahahahahahahahahem... :leaving:
It's half mine, dearest 3D co-overlord!
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » July 16th, 2009, 12:28 am

Of course my lovely and fearsome 2d Co-Overlord. I wouldn't dream of depriving you of the awesome power of the Deus.
Darkandus

Unread postby MorphCross » July 16th, 2009, 12:34 am

*Blows away another mutant with a 12 Gauge slug* Retaking this ship is going to be a royal p.i.t.a. and I'm halfway tempted to release Cathuhlu. Hopefully he doesn't fall in the broken 2-d to 3-d converter.
MorphCross

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 16th, 2009, 12:52 am

*I pull on some metal guantlets that appear to have circuitry imbedded in them* Gimme ten minutes. *Pulling out a remote, I press a sequence of buttons, then pocket the device and pull out my beam scythe* I just activated my mechs. They'll meet us on the Bridge. *I spin and split five mutants at the waist* That's five Morph!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Comartemis » July 16th, 2009, 12:55 am

Actually it might be better to put the new forum under the Gaming board instead of yet another sub-board under the Roleplaying board, it's getting kinda cluttered down there as it is.
Comartemis

Unread postby MorphCross » July 16th, 2009, 1:16 am

*Stares up at a 12' tall mutant behemoth* *Glances down at sluggun* Nuh-uh, ain't happening this way. *Pull out Cathuhlu from back pack* Here you go Kitty! I nice new friend for you to play with! *An odd sound mix of purring, and something akin to whale song reverberates from Cathuhlu**....15 minutes later, I'm still dry-heaving and Cathuhlu is cleaning his tentacles with the side of his paw* Oh god, I can still see it when I close my eyes! I'm never eating lamb if that's what they sound like when they're being slaughtered!
MorphCross

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 16th, 2009, 1:23 am

*While Morph is loosing his lunch, I'm keepining him from being overrun* Are you gonna grow a pair or what? *I charge a second behemoth that's appeared in the hall, deactivating my beam scythe and slamming the gauntlets together before I duck under a clumsy swing, and lunge forward, fist extended.

*SPLURCH*

*My arm is now showing through the two-foot hole I've just blown in the behemoth's abdomen. I idly flick a few drops of ichor from my fingertips, withdraw my arm, and then kick the bastard in the balls to bring him to his knees. One roundhouse later, the headless corpse collapses to the ground. I advance on the horde.*

WHO ELSE WANTS SOME?!?!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MorphCross » July 16th, 2009, 1:37 am

*Picks up and stores Cathuhlu in pack* I swear...*fights down bile* this isn't a cat, it's a gateway to the dimension of elder gods. *Picks up harmonic resonance generator, sets to liquify, and fires into horde, carefully avoiding the portion Tempest is clearing* Feel your bones shake you mutant bastages!? *Watches while the skeletons of a group mutants vibrate till they cut through muscle and flesh* *Huffs and nods head tightly*
MorphCross

Re: Free-Form Role PLaying

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 16th, 2009, 1:41 am

Well guys, thread moved. Have at it.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Comartemis » July 16th, 2009, 10:14 am

*Down the corridor a ways, a young-looking girl pokes her head around a corner and nearly loses it to another mutant, this one looking something like an overgrown preying mantis*

I was kinda hoping for a completely new sub-forum instead of a moved thread... but I guess you take what you can get.

*She twists around the mutant's attack and shoves a suddenly-clawed hand through the creature's chest. Closer inspection reveals that she strongly resembles Golden Darkness from To-Love-Ru but with silver hair and scarlet eyes*

Oh well, maybe if we get enogh RP threads going the mods will make a new board to hold them all.

*A chibified version of Evangeline from Negima pokes her head out of the girl's skirt*

Eva: And how long are you going to continue abusing the Fourth Wall?

Until it stops irritating you, of course.
Comartemis

Unread postby ewuvi » July 16th, 2009, 11:35 am

ewuvi follows behind the trail of carnage with a pail and a mop.

*Oh, son of a-*
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » July 16th, 2009, 5:22 pm

*Sits on a lawnchair on on of the many expansive flightdecks, Idly spinning a wave motion handgun in one hand and swirling brandy around in a glass with the other. The two inches of blood on the floor ripple slightly as some unfortunate mutants still thrash around, refusing to die yet.*

Life is good when you have the wave motion gun.
Last edited by Darkandus on July 16th, 2009, 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » July 16th, 2009, 9:16 pm

*I handspring off the deck, using my Impulse Gauntlets to give me some added air, and bring my beam scythe back into play* HEADS UP; AND OFF! *six more mutant carcasses slump bonelessly to the floor, no longer sporting their heads*
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby ewuvi » July 16th, 2009, 9:19 pm

And why do I think "Kilik! SQUEEEE!" When I read that?

Pfah! Pot Technician...
ewuvi

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games