Looking for Gaming Groups

Re: Looking for Gaming Groups

Unread postby ecs05norway » October 30th, 2008, 11:47 am

Put me down for Rochester, NY, looking for a group that plays games like Battletech, Starfleet Battles, Advanced Squad Leader, Third Reich, etc.

Grognards, in other words.
ecs05norway

Unread postby cegrist » March 2nd, 2009, 6:25 am

I'm in a D&D 3.5 group in Bellflower, CA we wouldn't mind another PT DM to give ours a break. He'd love to be just a player every now and again. Players welcome also as long as you "play well with others".
cegrist

Unread postby viridian » March 6th, 2009, 8:43 pm

The (semi-official) Viridian Dreams VOIP campaign is still going strong. Doing D&D 3.5 now, with a campaign inspired by the Bazil Broketail series by Christopher Rowley.

I take my life into my own hands every week, having laughed myself to the point of rupturing internal organs on a weekly basis. The people I'm talking about know who they are. :punch
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby runsamok » March 6th, 2009, 9:49 pm

We've moved from Shadowrun to D&D 3.5, but the game continues.... with new permutations and occasionally, PC deaths. Bwahaha. I can't believe a brief visit to Castle Amber reduced our party by half in one game session ....*shakes head*.
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » March 6th, 2009, 10:21 pm

In my defense, the Rouge was drunk, and I thought I had the right key.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby SLAMU » March 9th, 2009, 1:06 pm

That sounds like it has an interesting story behind it. Care to share?

In other news, VOIP? What, pray tell, is that? And, more immportantly, how do I join?
SLAMU

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » March 9th, 2009, 4:41 pm

VOIP stands for Voice Over Internet Protocol, it's what we use to game with the Schockes, and it's a free service with Skype (which is also free) so long as you have a mic and internet access.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Unread postby Wittgen » May 30th, 2009, 11:46 am

I am back in a decent time zone and I would very much like to game. I'll play anything, though I only have experience playing Mutants and Masterminds, D&D, and Vampire (the old version). I live in Bloomington, IL during the summer. Come school year, I'll be in Grinnell, IA.
Wittgen

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 30th, 2009, 12:05 pm

Do you have access to Skype, internet, and a microphone?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Wittgen » May 30th, 2009, 12:21 pm

Internet and microphone yes. Skype? The last time I tried, my computer apparently hated it and locked up every time I ran it. I am going to try again today, but who knows. I can use Ventrilo, and I even have used it in the past.
Wittgen

Unread postby Lightwhispers » May 31st, 2009, 10:23 pm

I live in Bloomington, IL during the summer.
Now, if that was Bloomington, IN, I could probably help out. Sigh.
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Wittgen » May 31st, 2009, 11:34 pm

Alas, there are downsides to having half a dozen Bloomingtons scattered across the midwest.
Wittgen

Unread postby Kal » June 1st, 2009, 12:01 pm

you do a D&D game in a VOIP? how is that working out? is your group full?
Kal

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 1st, 2009, 12:09 pm

It works out pretty well, a small amount of talking over one another due to lag aside. As for the group being full, there's only about 5 of us at this time. But our gaming schedule will most likely be changing on the 15th, when one of our co-GMs is getting a new work schedule.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby viridian » July 2nd, 2009, 3:19 am

...and the GM got lucky as HELL during the shift bid. Still working nights, but with Friday and Saturday as my off days. So... looking like Friday nights and Saturday afternoons. And it's been spectacularly sucessful, as far as longevity goes. I haven't been able to keep a gaming group running this long since I got out of school. Lindsey and I have mostly traded off GMing, with Forbin and Bibliophile taking the occasional turn.

Be really scared of scenarios where Lindsey and I *have* to collaborate to keep track of all the plot elements. Having a Braveheart moment with a legion of Fae Warlocks is not for the faint of heart... in the end, I think we kinda bit off more than we could chew, but it had moments of epic nonetheless.

"Please inform the high priest that he's trespassing on private property."

"Screw the politics, time to burn!"

"Jade will make you go away now."

"NO MORE CAGES!!!"

"It's all shiney!"

"Please ask Lord Dallimothan to question the nannies. Closely."

"Iosef, does anyone in your family *not* suck?"

"You know, just when I think he's grown up a little, he does something like THAT."

"How many damn spells is she going to fire off in one round? Is this a PMS thing or what?"

"You've managed to raise property damage to an art form."

"I'm asking you to steal these items from people you hate. Any casualties inflicted in the process are merely a bonus from my point of view..."
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Kal » July 2nd, 2009, 2:09 pm

This looks devilishly fun....
Kal

Unread postby Calinero » January 21st, 2010, 1:03 am

-thirsts for such awesome games as to inspire quotes like this-

I'm pretty satisfied with my current group, but I'd like to ask out of curiosity--any gamers out there (or DM's, I suppose) in Raleigh, North Carolina?
Calinero

Unread postby XanderTarbert » January 27th, 2011, 6:15 pm

We seem to be a rather diverse geographical board. Might as well add my dice to the table. Player in Gordonsville, VA. We have a group playing Necessary Evil on a when we can basis if anyone is looking to join, personally I am up to play anything, but I might need a run down on the rules if it's not 3.5, Pathfinder, Serenity and Supernatural, Star Wars d20, or Deadlands.
There's nothing to heavy to be knocked on it's ass and everything's cool, baby.

Morphy's Rules of Combat:

14: When the pin is pulled, Mr. Grenade is not your friend.

34: It's not the one with your name on it; it's the one addressed "to whom it may concern" you've got to think about
XanderTarbert

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 6th, 2011, 6:44 am

Player looking for GM. Location: San Jose, California (if group meets on weekdays) or Saratoga/Cupertino, same state (if group meets on weekends). Fridays count as both weekdays and weekends, as do Sundays past noon.
College wreaks havoc on scheduling recurring events.
Game system is irrelevant as I am equally inexperienced in all of them (except The Fantasy Trip, I played one session of one game of that once, years ago).
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 6th, 2011, 4:11 pm

Aldrai, do you have access to a computer with a microphone jack, a headset with mic, and Skype?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 8th, 2011, 4:54 am

Microphone jack, check. Skype, check. Headset... no. Where would I get one?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Lthayer3 » February 8th, 2011, 5:29 am

Your local Walmart and other similar stores would probably stock them. Best Buy and other electronic stores will absolutely have them. Most any online retailer that carries electronics will have them.

Just make sure you don't get a really cheap pair if you want them to last. I went through 3 headsets in about 4 years before I wised up <_< A decent pair could cost anywhere from 15 to 30 US dollars. More than that, and you're probably paying for fancy stuff that you don't need if you don't intend to use the headset much...

Depending on the game, I might like to play, too. I have a small amount of familiarity with D&D 3.0/3.5 rules, though I'd be willing to try and learn other games. I'd imagine I'll get myself killed quite frequently, whatever the system.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Wittgen » February 8th, 2011, 11:53 am

A decent mic and a pair of headphones works just as well.
Wittgen

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 13th, 2011, 1:45 am

All right, I have headphones and I think this microphone will do. Now what?
Aldraia Dragonsong

Looking For Gaming Groups 2

Unread postby Dechstreme » March 31st, 2011, 10:06 pm

Wait a... You mean I can actually play a campaign with Viridian and crew through Skype? For real? :want:
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games