Only in D&D could this be possible

Only in D&D could this be possible

Unread postby Shoubushi » May 17th, 2008, 11:24 pm

I noticed in another thread people discussing some of the things that they came up with for D&D. What are some of the most off-the-wall things ya'll have created/run across in said game?

For example I once created a NPC paladin who was half dragon.....literally. From his head to his torso was human and from that down was a silver dragon (kinda like a centaur) so he was his own mount! :biggrin1 The efficiency of that was downsided though by the fact that he couldn't fit in most buildings, had a problem getting suitable armor for himself, not too mention the fact that he just all around freaked out the local populace. :panic:
Shoubushi

Re: Only in D&D could this be possible

Unread postby SilentWasteland » May 18th, 2008, 12:04 am

That's...odd. You must have had a talented DM to make that work in game.
SilentWasteland

Unread postby Shoubushi » May 18th, 2008, 5:02 am

He didn't really do much to tell the truth. His backstory was that he was a special guard for a high ranking church official that had managed to piss off the wrong bad guys in his earlier days. For the most part he was scenery, but the one time he did get involved in a fight (one of the last ones of the campaign if I remember) he utterly decimated everything.
Shoubushi

Unread postby viridian » May 18th, 2008, 6:53 am

What's funny is that they have rules for PCs like that now, specifically in the Savage Species book, under Tauric creature templates.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby Shoubushi » May 18th, 2008, 1:20 pm

Yeah, when I made the character (I was the DM btw :P ) I had gotten the idea from one of the pre made missions that you can get from the Wizards of the Coast website. There was an enemy in the mission that was part giant part white dragon. I thought it was a neat idea and ran with it.
Shoubushi

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games