D&D 3.5 game

Re: D&D 3.5 game

Unread postby Barbarian » December 14th, 2009, 1:42 pm

Where is everyone? I thought we were gonna play today :(
Barbarian

Unread postby MrRigger2 » December 15th, 2009, 12:27 am

Yeah guys, I'm sorry I missed the session today, but Real Life hit me with something important. Maybe someone could post an after action report of what happened, I could be caught up?

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 15th, 2009, 12:45 am

Well, we turned over most of the bandits to the villagers, with the intention of turning Sir Geoffrey over to a rival duke for about 40 silver. And we've picked up a mascot as well, a little girl, about 7, by the name of Sasha. She's mute, by choice apparently, and her parents are both dead. That rock you found has no magical significance, though apparently it's some sort of ore that's been prettied up (barely); other than that, we'd need to talk to a professional miner/smith. On our way to the nearest town Duke Sigmund (the guy who has the bounty on Geoffrey out) controls, we stumbled across a raging Owlbear. Leeward, Thistle, and myself, took it out while you and Jacknife stood back to guard Sasha and the prisoner, and then Leeward insisted we track it back to it's nest (he's got a major hate on for abominations like these). We found 4 eggs that are on the verge of hatching (and HIGHLY valuable) and have taken them with us to sell to whatever noble controls this town for Duke Sigmund, partly thanks to me threatening to bash Leeward's head in if he destroyed them after he told us how valuable they were. Those of us who participated in the fight got 270 exp, while you and Dervon each got 60 exp.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Greybane » December 15th, 2009, 1:42 am

Sir Geoffrey was intergated by Ogdent have being subjected to his "Make Nice" spell. Not much was given away, save that he is a loyal soldier of Duke Elgrand. Duke Sigmund has a bounty of a "head of silver" for Sir G. Additionally he managed to let it slip that his cloak was a gift from "the el-some friends." Additionally those were not bandits, instead they were soldiers of Duke Elgrand 'foraging' for food, a fact he did not enjoy but held no regret for. Any information about Norrils special ore was "too classified," but the rock itself did not have a magical signature.

Eventually everyone arrived back in town safely. The regular bandits had a 'trial', but the party managed to bargain for custody of Sir Geoffrey or however his name is spelled. Additionally, the party obtained rations, a pretty pathetic amount of money, Ogden took some dice, and Leeward took a simple lute. Sir G was allowed to keep his studded armor, buckler, and Cloak of Endure Elements. His longsword is in...we never decided whose possession, but it is peacebound as well. The town was allowed to collect the rest. Additionally, the next morning an orphan girl named Sasha (I believe) decided to come along with the group. She has cooked our meals, and is proficient with a bow (Slamu, is that a shortbow or longbow?) in addition to carrying a knife. She has shown a fondness for Repnir, while Leeward and Ogdent have both made overtures to her, Leeward trying to get her to speak but currently settling for communication.

After a day or two of travel we were attacked by an Owlbear. Thistle, for reasons known only to him, sheathed his axe so that he could take on the beast in a straight up fight. (This was stupid. Very, very stupid.) Repnir got the first attack in, but quickly took a supporting role to Thistles mighty struggles as he and the bear repeatedly grappled back and forth. During this time Leeward healed the combatants and showed unusual vehemence in killing what he thought of as an aberration. During this time Norril and Jack-Knife guarded Sasha and Sir G. Eventually the beast was felled where Thistle immediately broke its neck. Lee found some tracks and convinced the party to follow him to an Owlbear nest. Thistle was less than enthused upon learning that there would not be more beasts to fight, but there were four nearly hatched eggs, which were immediately protected by Ogdent when he learned of their significant monetary value. An unhappy Leeward grudgingly went along with the plan, so the group decided to head to the nearest city.

Best line of the night, in my opinion: "So, this one time, the half-dragon greases up the druids animal companion..." made by Slamu.

Norril and Jack recieve 60 experience, the rest of the PC's recieved 270 exp. No bonus experience has been awarded at time of writing this.

How old does Sasha appear to be anyways Slamu?
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 15th, 2009, 2:34 am

She's 7, according to what Mick told us. And that grease spell was to help Repnir get out of any more of those grapples with the Owlbear!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Greybane » December 15th, 2009, 2:58 am

She's 7, according to what Mick told us. And that grease spell was to help Repnir get out of any more of those grapples with the Owlbear!
Yes, but it is significantly more humorous when context is left unspecified. :biggrin2
Greybane

Unread postby Nasdaq » December 20th, 2009, 2:15 am

I have decided on a whole new thing to work with, tentatively until I get home to make sure it all works, buuuut...

Elf, of the wood or wild variety, OR half-human (a slightly different half-elf based upon being raised in an elven community) Druidic Avenger (alternate class thing from the SRD [it's official] that makes them a bit more combat based: they gain rage, lose the animal companion, gain some faster speed, lose ability to burn spells to get Summon Nature's Ally, and so on.), swapping rage for a RAGE variant, called Whirling Frenzy (also SRD, more based on a fast crazed berserker rather then a smashy one), and work on heading the guy into the Wildrunner prestige class from Races of the Wild. I have NOT decided if he'll be an archer or a melee guy, as due to Whirling Frenzy and whatnot boosting Dexterity and all. Might give him handaxes or something and making him a dex-based melee/thrower combo.

However, theme being sort of a wild hunter style thing, with the spells to back up the team with healing and the melee capability to support in that way, or ranged support. So, in MMO terms, healing/DPS combo.

I'll lay it all out when I get back to my house and all my books later this month.
"Sasuke was not really happy with his team. The shy Hyuuga, and the laziest person he'd ever known where not people he'd have picked. And he never expected how a blue-eyed, blond-haired, and newly minted jounin would transform them all into a true team." - Naruto-sensei, currently in Arc 2: The Chuunin Exams
Nasdaq

AOL: VindicatedHunter

Unread postby Greybane » January 3rd, 2010, 5:41 am

Summary for most recent session:

Turned in Sir G, got a "receipt" for the bounty. A soldier asked us to investigate one of his friends disapearing in the forest, and said he could pay a little. We said O.K. In the forest a deer darted past us, and then we hid ourselves from two ogres. Following their track back, we found a camp with a lot of dead, and eaten human, two ogres and a hag (green variety). We OWNED! Ogdent almost dissolved one of the ogres, and injured the other and the hag. Norril was buffed and quickly felled the injured one, while the almost dead one got burned by the campfire. Repnir raced around and tried to attack the hag, but she turned herself invisible, and nigh undetectable through innate abilities. Via a combination of mad searching and luck she was located during her retreat, and Leeward summoned masses of wolves to surround and finish her off. Ogdent vanquished her with a stroke of his morningstar.

A Heartstone was found on the hag, which both Ogdent and Leeward identified as having significant monetary value. Additionally, in the pile of human corpses a signet ring, a few coppers, and some special dice were found. Leeward refused to just leave the Ogres and Hag in the woods, so the corpses of everyone were burned and pagan rites were preformed for their souls.

A bland 3:45 A.M. version for all of you. I'll spruce it up at some other time.
Greybane

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 4th, 2010, 12:07 am

Moved the RP haggling bit to the proper thread.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dervon » January 4th, 2010, 12:12 am

Moved the RP haggling bit to the proper thread.
Oh mighty TK, you who shields us from the Spammers, you who moderates the trolls!

We give praise unto you, that forevermore the Thread and the Topic be One, and that everything be in it's rightful space!

:bow :bow :bow

XD
Dervon

Unread postby SLAMU » January 11th, 2010, 12:08 pm

Alright, less than joyous news; due to that most dreaded thing, real life obligations, I don't know when I'll be able to sit down and finish the stuff for the game. So, until the end of January, Febuary on the outside, the game will be put on a sort of semi-hiatus. :cry: This isn't to say that the game won't start back up again after that, because it will. (It will, curse you all! I've put too much effort into this to just throw it all out the window!) I'll be stopping by every so often to manage RP and such, just don't be expecting a session for the next couple of weeks.

Sorry guys, I had hoped that this wouldn't happen, but it did.
SLAMU

Unread postby Greybane » February 19th, 2010, 6:32 pm

Assuming the search and rescue group gets back to town safely the next day, Leeward would spend some time searching the forest for some fresh berries/food, and odds bits he could find for necessary material components needed for spells. Finishing up the day via casting speak with animals to talk with Repnir about past battles, and quick explanation of spells he might cast in the future. (I imagine this is not the first time they have spoken.)
Greybane

Unread postby Greybane » March 26th, 2010, 12:30 am

Poke, poke.
Greybane

Unread postby SLAMU » March 29th, 2010, 1:10 am

Alright, due to a variety of reasons, chief among them the regrettable death of my computer, there will not be any new sessions for some time, until such time as I can replace it, and all the things I need to run the sessions such as MapTools can be redownloaded. THAT SAID, I'll still be working on it, probably running it as something like a Quest thread or some equivelent until that time. If nothing else, it helps makeing a decision on a section I was having trouble deciding how I was going to handle much easier.

Anyway, I'm assuming that (since it's been two months and no one other than Grey has stated what they were going to be doing) everyone else just sat in the inn all day watching the paint peel (fourtunatly for you, considering the general condition of the place you are staying you seem to have stumbled upon the final stretch for much of the paint)

You’ve all heard in the inn’s common room from the various patrons in various states of sobriety.

First, there was the talk from a pair of small time merchants who had chartered passage on a freelance river trader which was, according to one of the seasick merchants, little better than a common scow that should be scrapped and burned. After a few of the River Trident’s crew heard the commentary, the party was treated to their first bar fight during their stay, although not the last. Before the first mate rather strenuously objected to the man’s classification of their fine ship, the seasick merchant had been complaining about the increasing risks of trading in the duchy becoming too much, not being worth it for the few worked goods and such that might be sold downriver. “If there isn’t something worthwhile to trade soon, then I can’t make this trip. As it is, I’m doing little more than risking my life and property and breaking even.” He was bringing a shipment of parchment and dyes, while his travelling companion was watching over a delivery of some manner of glass components for some brewers, flasks and tubes mostly.
“Apparently, it is quite important for some method of distillery. The exact method escapes me, and I don’t rightly care much either. As long as I can get the end result, I’m happy.” Jyns the Peddler said, raising his mug in a short salutation. Later conversation revealed that they hoped to get textiles and grain to take back downriver. “And a fat load of good it’ll do us too. Sure, everyone needs to eat, but you can get grain lotsa places. It’s just cheaper to get them from within the realm, and what with all the price fluctuations and all, most people are willing to pay a little more to ship them in from across the gulf and be assured that they won’t starve next time some brilliant commander burns a granary here. And you can get textiles anywhere, almost not worth trading. Still, someone’s always buying, and sometimes they simply must have wool or linen or somesuch from this place or that, so it’s always a good idea to stock up whilst ye can. Still, if I can’t turn a serious profit on something soon, then I don’t think I can come back here for another trip.”
“It was better before all this war business. Then the olive orchards were still standing, and all the great houses downriver wanted to get some of the oil made from it, and the grapes were sweet and excellent for winemaking. But someone trampled the vineyards and burnt the orchards, so even if the war ended tomorrow, it’ll be years before things are back to their normal state. I hate this war; breeds nothing but armed men looking for some treasure, and too many like what I have. Can’t even trust the mercenaries anymore.”

A couple of days later, another barge came in bearing ill news; Duke-Aspirant Ulnin’s forces were besieging another town downriver, possibly cutting off river trade to most of the duchy. The Dirge of Winter managed to slip by, but reported that they had spotted the troops building small boats and setting up a chain to span the river. “We’ll likely be in port for a while then. Damn, pay’s going to be a pain.”
This and Sir Jamis’ raid on Duke Sigmund’s siege train has weakened the Duke’s hold on most of the northern Duchy, including the town you are in now. He led his retainers to an unexpected victory over the troops guarding the siege train and, despite being horrifically outnumbered, routed Duke Sigmund’s forces and razed the siege weapons that were on their way to reinforce Lord-Commander Aimus and the Black Legion besieging the town of Enesh north of here.

More to come when I've slept some. I post this now mostly because I've delayed long enough, and if I don't post a partial bit then I'll never post at all. So yeah, pretend that I spent as much time on the second half as I did the first half, shall we?
SLAMU

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games