Dresden Files

Dresden Files

Unread postby Calinero » May 31st, 2010, 7:12 pm

Today is a day of much rejoicing. Well, not exactly today. More like a few days ago, but I haven't been posting as much lately, so I didn't get around to making this thread until today. Anyways:

The reason for this rejoicing is that I have obtained the pdf's for Evil Hat's Dresden Files RPG system. And right now, it looks pretty awesome.

I have never played with the FATE system before, so this is what I have to say about my first impressions of the game. It is...different. It has a lot of emphasis on roleplaying and the importance of storytelling, which I appreciate. It also has rules for governing social encounters like combat, which actually look as though they will be helpful rather than stifling. The city/character creation system looks very fun, and I am looking forward to applying it to Savannah, Georgia on Wednesday.

I am curious--has anyone else gotten the system yet? If so, what are your thoughts? I will post my impressions here upon actually playing the game.

PS: If you do get the system, be sure to read all the 'notes' by Harry, Bob, and Billy in the margins. They are hilarious.
Calinero

Re: Dresden Files

Unread postby MrRigger2 » May 31st, 2010, 7:21 pm

I haven't got it yet, but I'll start looking for it.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games