Harry Potter and the Trouble with Polyjuice Potions

Harry Potter and the Trouble with Polyjuice Potions

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 24th, 2010, 11:52 pm

Mafia Harry Potter

Roles that may come up, though a couple of others might appear depending on how many sign-up. After all, Hogwarts is quite old and full of magic.

Good Guys- Win with all Death Eaters gone
Spoiler: show
Student- Well, you know something is going wrong at the school. You just want the Death Eaters gone. During the day, you vote to send someone to Azkaban. During the night, you really, really hope you that you’re not the one targeted. You will be given a particular student’s name. However, you don’t get a special ability. So sad. But you do win when the Death Eaters are gone.

Harry Potter- You are the one feared by the dark lord. You also like to protect people. Too bad you aren’t a thirty-year mentally stunted man instead, as it would make life so much easier. However, you are still pretty good at defending people. Once per night, you can designate someone you wish to protect from the Death Eaters, and yes, you can protect yourself, if you believe they are targeting you.

Albus Dumbledore- Some may say you are manipulative bastard, some may say you are crazy, and others, just pity you. However, your powers are quite well-known, though did you really have to take “Must attempt to redeem every possible dark wizard” character flaw at character creation? Serious, is being a master legilimency worth it? Well, at least once per night you can peek on someone’s mind to discover if they are truly one of your students. Your enemies do know occulmency, but since none of the students do, it will be a nice tip off.

Argus Filch- You keep Hogwarts clean and without taint of cleaning magic, after all, it is not proper. And you know all, even though the students laugh at you behind your back. You think you understand everything and can identify someone. Unfortunately, your identification comes up mixed-up. You can choose a person once per night to see who they are. If you pick Albus, he comes up as you and if Albus picks you, you come up as Argus. You will be told that you are Dumbledore.
Death Eaters- Win when their number equals the number of students
Spoiler: show
Voldemort- Scariest evil wizard in the last century, at least you were smart enough to not trust your boy toy not to kill you. And hey, someone might have slipped you different plans. Too bad they destroyed your horcruxes from you. Talk about being hit with discontinuity. You are the leader of the death eaters in Hogwarts and win when the number of death eaters equal the number of students and staff. You and your followers can pick one per at night to have Avada Kedavra or what other hideous torture could be possible.

Lucius- You’re rich and a powerful old family. Since you are rich, you can buy information. Once per night you can use your ludicrous wealth to determine the identity of someone. Even if all you are doing is getting Hagrid drunk and having him spill the beans.
Players
gman391 Killed Night 2
Random_fan
Zankaru Zelladonii
Ninjamouse1 Lynched Day 1
Kirai
Greybane
serbii
Wittgen
Phases last 48-72 hours. Also please write the name of the person you wish to lynch in red.

Next Phase

Game over, check page 5 for the winners
Last edited by Flux_Blade on July 10th, 2010, 3:02 am, edited 10 times in total.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Re: Harry Potter and the Trouble with Polyjuice Potions

Unread postby gman391 » June 24th, 2010, 11:54 pm

A day=day?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Kirai » June 25th, 2010, 5:40 pm

Day = Day sounds good^^
Kirai

Unread postby serbii » June 25th, 2010, 11:17 pm

Oh this is the mafia thread.
I'm in.

A day = 2 days. I work full time now and so if I'm doing anything that night won't be able to get on at all.
Also I recommend you get a countdown clock you can link to so we know how much time is left. (Google it there are plenty around)
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 25th, 2010, 11:45 pm

This count-down time intrigue me, do have a link to it? And I am willing to have days be two days long.

Also, I'm giving people another two days to sign-up.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Wittgen » June 26th, 2010, 1:40 am

I've never been involved in a mafia game, but I am intrigued. Could I get a basic rundown of how it works? Could I join?
Wittgen

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 26th, 2010, 2:41 am

Mafia is a game where there are two phases. The game usually starts with the day phase. What happens is right before the game starts, roles are given to people. During the day phase, people will vote for whom they think is the bad team, they vote in thread with the color red. Now the bad team "death eaters" can vote for other members on their team, or usually, they vote for someone on team good, also in red. However, "death eaters" are trying to stay hidden. At the end of the day phase, whoever gets the most votes, and in case of a tie, the person who received the most votes first dies. That person's role is revealed, and then the game goes to the night phase. If you're a student, more commonly know as "villager" you have nothing you have to do during the phase. If you have a special role, you pm the narrator, for instant, if you are death eater, you discuss who you want axed, then one of you would pm me the name of the person you want to kill. Then after the time elapses, the night phase ends, and the narrator let's people know if someone died. Then the game repeats the day phase. The game continues until there is either equal members of death eaters to team good, or all the death eaters are dead.

And yes, we'll gladly looking forward to new comers. Let me know if that was too confusing, as I'm prone to over-explanation.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Wittgen » June 26th, 2010, 4:06 am

That makes sense. Count me in.
Wittgen

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 26th, 2010, 9:31 pm

Gotcha Wittgen, adding to the list.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 26th, 2010, 10:19 pm

Do the death eaters know about each other, would seem kind of silly to accidentally kill each other. Also have not played one before.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby serbii » June 26th, 2010, 10:36 pm

If you check the quest threads we've played three before so you can see how it goes. In the first one there was only one Mafia, in the others they knew who the others were. Though it's up to the GM, I've seen games where the mafia didn't know who the others were, where there was a serial killer (independent) too, where you start with one Mafia but they're a recruiter and can convert townies to being mafia.

I assume the mafia will know about each other. It's like that in most games.
serbii

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 27th, 2010, 11:37 pm

Hogwarts, a very wonderful, and safe-
Sure the Triwizard Tournament would be happening shortly as the students prepared to hear when the other students were going to arrive.

However, it was not meant to be, as multiple explosions reverberated throughout the castle.
Dumbledore who was at the staff table fired off his favorite crowd silencer spell as he moved toward great hall entrance. However, the door opened as a man walked through the doors. Dumbledore seemed to pause midstep before raising his wand. At this all the students ran to sides of the room before attempting to edge to the staff table.

"Tom, I thought you were wiser than this."
"What?! Don't want to know how I came back? The best part is, this time, no mother's protection will save your little trump card." Dumbledore moved his wand into position as Voldemort smiled. "They gave him up, it's amazing how easy it was. Foolish Muggles, I may not have been able to hurt them, but their greed was so easy to use." Positioning his own wand as Dumbledore changed his demeanor completely. "Now you are dead, all the world will know you are nothing." With that, a very strange silver streak launched from the wand at his opponent. Dumbledore raised a very large red shield that when the two spell collided, created a very large explosion. Anyone within the room, or just outside the hallway found themselves thrown to the floor.

People started awakening, unfortunately for Voldemort, as he noticed from where he was sent flying, something fell wrong. Then it hit him, his horcruxes, they were destroyed. And with Dumbledore alive, quickly finding one of the many students no longer in the great hall, he shoves the person into a broom closet and transfigures himself into that person. Deciding to wait for the right time to strike, he realizes he was caught by another student, who was smirking.
"My lord."
"Ah, Lucius, we will infiltrate the remaining students, it seemed quite a bit have been paralyzed for a long, long time. He will probably be out voted and convinced to send people to Azakaban by portkey." The two moved to ingrate themselves with the rest of the revived students.

Now this plan may have failed, except for the fact the portraits to the common rooms were destroyed. Thus students were forced to stay in the main hall.

Day ends in two days, vote for whoever you think is a Death Eater. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. Preferably by pm, especially if you have a role.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » June 28th, 2010, 4:32 am

*Takes a moment to hyperventilate into a paper bag*
"So, uh... What if he's still here?"
serbii

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » June 28th, 2010, 6:12 am

*Clambers upright and coughs loudly*
"If he's still here...Well then we are in some [serious/i] trouble."
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby Kirai » June 28th, 2010, 7:15 am

*Looks around in aprehension*

Let's just make sure the dead eaters are gone alright? The faster we sort this out the better... right?
Kirai

Unread postby Random_fan » June 28th, 2010, 10:32 am

Yes the sooner we get rid of the death eaters the better.
Random_fan

Unread postby gman391 » June 28th, 2010, 4:41 pm

True but....how do we know who is who?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Wittgen » June 28th, 2010, 5:40 pm

*snaps out of shock a little bit*

"W-we could ask the professors."
Wittgen

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » June 28th, 2010, 6:57 pm

"That would be a good idea, If any of us knew where the Professors where of course, none of them have shown up to help us."
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby gman391 » June 28th, 2010, 11:21 pm

Well looking at the track record they'll show up at the last possible minute....I think we're on our own.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Flux_Blade » June 29th, 2010, 11:37 pm

The students quietly waited in the common area as pairs returned from where their entrances to their common room were.
"No go, it seems that the entrances were damaged enough that we'll need another guardian portrait. However, none of the remaining ones are either sane enough or willing to help." Before someone mentioned the question of how to sleep here. A few purple sleeping bags appeared as the room was cleaned. Whomever did it was not noticed. As it seemed no one was willing to accuse another students prepared for bed, hoping that You-Know-Who was gone.

Okay, since there were no vote, then it is a no lynch. Those that have night actions, pm them to me. If you are not sure, pm me.

It is now Night 1
Flux_Blade

Unread postby serbii » June 30th, 2010, 5:07 am

2 days suddenly seems rather short.
serbii

Unread postby gman391 » June 30th, 2010, 5:10 am

No kidding and i'm travelling ....tomorrow joy
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » June 30th, 2010, 5:29 am

Wow I agree, two days seemed to pass in the blink of an eye.
Ninjamouse1

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games