Harry Potter and the Trouble with Polyjuice Potions

Re: Harry Potter and the Trouble with Polyjuice Potions

Unread postby Random_fan » July 3rd, 2010, 5:30 am

Right, because Harry wouldn't be smart enough to choose a random student to pretend to be, this just makes me distrust you even more.
Random_fan

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 3rd, 2010, 5:55 am

Because accidently choosing a character someone else was wouldn't seem suspicious at all would it? I considered choosing a random student but decided against it due to that risk. I know that probably doesn't sound very good but it's my reasoning no matter how flawed.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby serbii » July 3rd, 2010, 10:07 pm

Sigh, the problem here is it's pretty safe for anyone to say they're Harry Potter.
If you're Voldemort pretending to be Harry Potter then the real HP is hardly going to step forward to be Mafiaed tonight.
If you are Harry Potter then the Mafia Death Eaters are going to pick you off at their convenience.

I'm going to wait a little more then pick a bandwagon to jump on carefully weigh the facts.
serbii

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 3rd, 2010, 10:47 pm

Yeah I see what you mean, all I can say is on page 2 I did request that I would best be left alone which hardly sounds like a death eater who would be more than happy to find me.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby Wittgen » July 3rd, 2010, 11:53 pm

It is a pretty clever ploy for a death eater to claim they're HP after being unmasked. But I really hope it doesn't work out for you Malfoy.
Wittgen

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 12:32 am

Pretending to be me would be clever? Personally I think it would be a rather bad idea, as even if that lie protected the imposter from a lynch the fake Harry would likely end up being investigated and found out. From there the investigator could inform all those who had already been confirmed innocent and the liar would be lynched. So no, I doubt pretending to be me would be smart at all.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby Wittgen » July 4th, 2010, 1:36 am

But you're not Harry.

Voting for Ninjamouse1, by the way. Want to make that clear.
Wittgen

Unread postby Greybane » July 4th, 2010, 2:00 am

Uh, given my own past I think it would be best if we didn't, you know, do anything too rash until we know who You-Know-Who's identity is...
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Random_fan » July 4th, 2010, 2:27 am

And how exactly are we supposed to get undeniable proof of who's Voldemort, if we wait that long he'll have killed us all off by then, we got lucky and one of the good guys was saved, you want to waste that luck but letting the death eaters get another shot at us?
Random_fan

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 2:35 am

But you're not Harry.

Voting for Ninjamouse1, by the way. Want to make that clear.
I don't know whether you are a mafia with poor planing skills, while killing me would further your plans you can't seriously believe you would avoid being lynched when it was revealed that I was Harry Potter, or if you are being played by a false Dumbledore who sent you a bogus pm claiming I was Lucius. If you truly are innocent just think before you try to kill the one protecting you, if 'Dumbledore' did investiagte me how would he know you were innocent and trust you with his identity?
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby Wittgen » July 4th, 2010, 2:53 am

I'll have you know that I can smooth the surface of flat wood just fine, thank you very much. My planing skills are top notch.
Wittgen

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 3:05 am

Ah, a skill I wish I possessed, whenever I attempt to plane wood I usually end up splintering the ends but that's hardly the point.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby gman391 » July 4th, 2010, 3:41 am

And how exactly are we supposed to get undeniable proof of who's Voldemort, if we wait that long he'll have killed us all off by then, we got lucky and one of the good guys was saved, you want to waste that luck but letting the death eaters get another shot at us?
We're not but turning on each other just because of one frankly....suspect accusation isn't going to solve anything either!

Fact is all we have is Lisa's word that Harry here isn't Harry.

The whole Dumbledore bit seems off to me....and where the heck is Fawkes? If Lisa had shown up with Fawkes then I'd believe her.

As it is the possibility of offing the only person who can actually do anything in this castles is not worth the chance of possibly getting our bad guy.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 4:15 am

I'm just so confused at the moment, it feels like I'm trying to explain myself to a brick wall, I'm either the target of a transparent attempt to remove me so I can no longer protect people or the death eaters are spreading false information and using people as pawns while they stay hidden.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby gman391 » July 4th, 2010, 4:16 am

Hey I'm trying!
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 4:49 am

Yes thanks for at least trying to trust me and I'm glad you haven't condemned me just because someone presented an unlikely accusation. The point I'm trying to get across is even if this supposed 'Dumbledore' said I was Lucius they would have to be royally stupid to reveal themselves to someone they hadn't investigated. I can't understand why I have votes against me based on an accusation riddled with holes.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby serbii » July 4th, 2010, 7:52 am

It's round one(ish) the holes are always massive at this stage.
serbii

Unread postby Kirai » July 4th, 2010, 8:52 am

Well, I'm going with ninjamouse1 too. If Wittgen is lying and ninja is innocent, then either wittgen lied or was lied to.

In either case next on the list it wittgen, then whoever told the lie. Chances are we loose only one person in exchange for one mafia. And once we have all the mafia we can get the innocents out of ascaban easily enough.
Kirai

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 8:11 pm

Oh whatever, you all seem determined to lynch me, bit of a waste of time bothering to protect anybody if they turn on you at the first chance. Unlike the rest of you I am in fact going to vote for the person who is a blatant liar and when I questioned her she evaded the question with a comment on planing wood.

Wittgen
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby gman391 » July 4th, 2010, 8:17 pm

You know you'd think Harry be used to that sort of thing by now. Still abstaining.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 8:27 pm

This is set in the 4th book before the Tri Wizard Tournament so the only time would have been in the 2nd book.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby Wittgen » July 4th, 2010, 11:29 pm

I wasn't the one who brought up planing. That was you Lucius.
Wittgen

Unread postby Ninjamouse1 » July 4th, 2010, 11:58 pm

Whether I brought up the process of smoothing pieces of wood is as I said earlier, hardly the point. The main problem here is that time is running out and the longer this draws out we are at greater risk of playing into the death eaters hands and missing a lynch once again. I would advise all those who haven't voted yet to make a choice, If I have to be lynched to prove who the liars are so be it.
Ninjamouse1

Unread postby Flux_Blade » July 5th, 2010, 2:15 am

Well, it looks like we have an end game huh? Yeah, though how do they get Ninjamouse1 to Azkaban?

Well, port-key could work, but where are they going to have a port-key made by a Head Professor from Hogwarts...

Oh wait, we can just borrow one from the minister of magic. Excuse me, Fudge, we need to borrow this port-key that the previous. It to catch a dark wizard. We'll make sure to give you the credit. Thank you.

Said port-key ended up being sent to Hogwarts and fell into the great hall. One of the students notice the port-key. "Hey, we can send that horrible man to Azkaban and proven he's evil." At that, a few students grabbed Ninjamouse1 and shoved him into the port-key. The port-key quickly vanished with Ninjamouse1.

A few minutes later the port-key returned, with a piece of paper wrapped around it. "Excuse me, Alastor, why did you send Harry Potter here? I wouldn't exactly say he's very safe here, but we'll try our best."

Voldemort right now was laughing his head off, inside his head. Blast, he seemed to have remembered not to do that out loud. For shame.

Ninjamouse1 was lynched is now in Azkaban, he was Harry Potter. And all of you wanting to write the whole Harry goes to Azkaban and gets freed and goes strange...

For SHAME!!!!!!

Anyways, it is now the night time, so please get me your night actions.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby gman391 » July 5th, 2010, 2:28 am

Remind me again why we decided to believe fake Lisa?
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games