Game Rec's

Game Rec's

Unread postby Tapeworm » April 19th, 2008, 12:00 am

While we're going about doing various cool 'look at this!' I thought I'd point out a Naruto D-20 work that seems pretty nifty.

http://www.narutod20.com/

The book itself is a rather massive 936 pages or so, with over a thousand Jutsu and loads of other stuff. Its based on D-20 Modern.
Tapeworm

Re: Game Rec's

Unread postby Lochar » April 19th, 2008, 10:34 am

Over a thousand Jutsu? Did Kakashi write it? :lol:
Lochar

Unread postby SilentWasteland » April 19th, 2008, 6:24 pm

Is this only for P&P games?

I travel for work quite a bit, so I don't have the opportunity to game regularly with pen & paper. More's the pity, I'd love to find a good DM and play. And yes, I've tried play by email, and play by post. It just doesn't work for me.

So I'm going to recommend a couple video games. Right now I'm loving Mass Effect. If you are at all a scifi fan, I recommend you pick it up. It's currently only available on 360, but will also soon be available on PC.
SilentWasteland

Unread postby viridian » April 21st, 2008, 5:58 am

Hey, I moved this thread over from Geek Culture when I added the gaming threads.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby U2P » April 21st, 2008, 6:01 am

http://www.newgrounds.com/portal/view/417513#
That's a game I've grown quite fond of. "Sonny" puts you in a unique situation, and for a flash game it delivers all you can expect and more. The game sets you up for an epic plot line in which is slowly given to you as you battle through various stages (rpg). The voice acting is amazing, and spot on for the characters, the music, and animation for a flash game are quite possibly the best you'll get. 4 unique classes house dozens, and dozens of skills. Secret items, quirky humor, and fantastic enemies all amount to a flash game that if you're anything like me you can pour many hours into and get much enjoyment from. I highly recommend you play to at least the 2nd level, as the 1st is the tutorial/introduction chapter, which still manages to be funny, sad, and epic all rolled into one!
Spoiler: show
This game can really be considered a prologue for the next one that's being made atm, and using the clues presented subtly in this game you can try to figure out what's happening in the next!
U2P

Unread postby Kalaras_Of_Haven » April 21st, 2008, 8:33 am

Is this only for P&P games?

I travel for work quite a bit, so I don't have the opportunity to game regularly with pen & paper. More's the pity, I'd love to find a good DM and play. And yes, I've tried play by email, and play by post. It just doesn't work for me.
Have you tried gaming over IRC or other chat interfaces?
Kalaras_Of_Haven

Unread postby runsamok » April 21st, 2008, 9:34 am

Also, there an option that Viridian mentioned, VOIP gaming. Viridian, Forbin, and I have been running an Aberrant game (and earlier than that, a daily D&D game) over Skype, using Maptools for showing where our characters are and the environment / foes that they are interacting with. It's great!
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby SilentWasteland » April 21st, 2008, 10:21 pm

I did play RIFTS via AIM at one time. That worked decently. And using a VOIP program like you guys do sounds fantastic!

Only problem is...how do I find a group?
SilentWasteland

Unread postby viridian » April 21st, 2008, 10:30 pm

You set it up by agreeing with other people to play at a given time, then exchanging Skype IDs (or what have you). There was a thread on the mailing list last year for players interested in VOIP "tabletop" gaming.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby SilentWasteland » April 21st, 2008, 10:44 pm

Hmm. I was never part of the mailing list.

Any of those still going on, or someone I could talk to? Maybe I should just start a thread instead of hijacking this one...
SilentWasteland

Unread postby Kodra » April 22nd, 2008, 2:13 pm

I set up a Mutants and Masterminds game that is still running mostly by offering to run it and seeing what interest I got in my inbox. I'd suggest finding someone interested in running a game and then posting a message to this forum.
Kodra

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 17th, 2008, 8:57 pm

I'm involved in a few Play by Post games on another forum; http://www.superbudies.net/forum We've got a Harry Potter one that's going on, an ongoing Firefly one, and we've just started a Star Wars one that takes three years before A New Hope.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games