Seeking online gaming advice as well as players

Seeking online gaming advice as well as players

Unread postby Melverne » October 30th, 2011, 9:10 am

I have one response from I Don't Care to play in a game of Worlds of Darkness. I have been sifting through google looking for a way to contact other players or gaming groups. When I start the campaign I will need at least 3 players. But I have several questions.

1) Can I sit in on a game someone here hosts and see how you run it over Skype?

2) How does the vtt work? Do all of the players need to have it or just the DM running it? Which is better map tools or fantasy grounds?

3) Are there any links to forums blogs etc to post for a gaming group?

Any other advice for getting a game set up would be great.
Melverne
Melverne

Re: Seeking online gaming advice as well as players

Unread postby gman391 » October 30th, 2011, 5:24 pm

Well Melverne working on Skype is pretty simple, just grab everyone's contacts and create a chat room. As for finding more players...you could try here http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php Check the game ads and then register and post your own would be my suggestion. It also has sheets.

Can't answer on VtT because I've never played. Have no real interest a bit too...Gothic for my tastes
Hope it helps a bit
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » October 30th, 2011, 5:43 pm

No, do not try Myth-Weavers, the site rules ban advertising for games not being run on the site.
What is "VtT"?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Melverne » October 30th, 2011, 9:04 pm

VTT is the virtual table top. Map tools and Fantasy Grounds seem to be the most popular. They look "neat" but not essential. Has anyone gaming online used one or the other?
Melverne
Melverne

Unread postby Greybane » October 30th, 2011, 9:12 pm

I know that our own Evil Authorlord, his Dreaded and Lovely Wife Runsamok, and He with the Beam Scythe Tempest Kitsune all regularly use Skype and Maptools, if you want to send off a PM to them.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Melverne » October 30th, 2011, 9:42 pm

I know that our own Evil Authorlord, his Dreaded and Lovely Wife Runsamok, and He with the Beam Scythe Tempest Kitsune all regularly use Skype and Maptools, if you want to send off a PM to them.
I will do that. Thanks for the suggestion. I would like to start a game but it would be nice to see what I am getting into first.
Melverne
Melverne

Unread postby Melverne » October 30th, 2011, 9:44 pm

Well Melverne working on Skype is pretty simple, just grab everyone's contacts and create a chat room. As for finding more players...you could try here http://www.myth-weavers.com/forumhome.php Check the game ads and then register and post your own would be my suggestion. It also has sheets.

Can't answer on VtT because I've never played. Have no real interest a bit too...Gothic for my tastes
Hope it helps a bit
I'm checking out Myth Weavers. The concept is neat. It seems like it would take a really long time to get any where though. Playing by post would encourage role play and details but once again it could take forever.
Melverne
Melverne

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 30th, 2011, 9:53 pm

Please consolidate your posts. Even if you're answering two different people, you only need one post, and we try to discourage double posting unless a fair period of time has passed between the two. Just something to keep in mind. Thanks.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Kodra » November 8th, 2011, 12:22 pm

We've been using Google Hangouts for our Voice tool and Fantasy Grounds for our Virtual Tabletop setting, which has worked out great for us. I highly recommend Hangouts as a Voice/Video chat solution
Kodra

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games