Forum Mafia

Re: Forum Mafia

Unread postby Ristridin » December 13th, 2012, 12:46 pm

I guess my vote won't be necessary now with three votes already, but I'll still vote Wittgen.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby someone » December 13th, 2012, 12:54 pm

I don't see anyone going 'lol victory gg', so good so far.
someone

Unread postby Random_fan » December 13th, 2012, 5:57 pm

The town's citizens quickly point their fingers at the town's doctor who's been acting evil since this started.

"It must be him he's acting this way because he knows we'd never suspect him."

And so Wittgen is killed.

Well that puts the amount of mafia and the amount of townies as two each, so well done mafia you have won.
Random_fan

Unread postby someone » December 13th, 2012, 6:54 pm

Witt, I realise that it wasn't going so well and that your position especially was pretty bad, that is not a reason to do the Mafia equivalent of flipping the game board and walking out of the room, some of us like to try and play themselves out of hopeless situations.

Out of morbid curiosity, what was the setup and night actions?

Most to least likely scum (although I don't have very strong suspicion on any): gman, DIT_Grue, Ristridin.

Edit: now with 100% less profanity.
Last edited by someone on December 14th, 2012, 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
someone

Unread postby gman391 » December 13th, 2012, 7:26 pm

Why am I most likely? :TT_TT:
Also Someone losing sucks, but no need for profanity.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » December 13th, 2012, 7:27 pm

Congratulations Someone, you've now got my full and undivided attention. Either play nice or don't play. Those are your options.

Edit: I will apologize for not giving you the chance to edit your own post first however.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby someone » December 13th, 2012, 7:58 pm

Why am I most likely? :TT_TT:
Also Someone losing sucks, but no need for profanity.
I knew we were going to lose D2, which was annoying, but I assume it was r_f's first time so he didn't know any better so it was okay.

The reason I'm so angry at Witt is that he actively tried (and succeeded) to ruin the chances for his own side.
someone

Unread postby gman391 » December 13th, 2012, 8:25 pm

It's a game though, not really worth getting worked up over. As mafia I have to admit I like winning though.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby DIT_grue » December 13th, 2012, 9:28 pm

Most to least likely scum (although I don't have very strong suspicion on any): gman, DIT_Grue, Ristridin.
I'm actually the (apparently bumbling and incompetent) Sheriff. Maybe I can blame the sleep deprivation from sitting up to try and guard Greybane and then Ristridin?

But what do you mean, a special that the mafia can't kill? I suppose Sheriff if I did nothing except guard myself, but that doesn't seem like a productive strategy.
DIT_grue

Unread postby gman391 » December 13th, 2012, 9:52 pm

In general the sheriff/angel can't be killed outside of the lynch phase because they protect themselves. However establishing yourself as that makes you a bad target during the day phase, it's an interesting balancing act.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby someone » December 14th, 2012, 6:45 am

I'm actually the (apparently bumbling and incompetent) Sheriff. Maybe I can blame the sleep deprivation from sitting up to try and guard Greybane and then Ristridin?

But what do you mean, a special that the mafia can't kill? I suppose Sheriff if I did nothing except guard myself, but that doesn't seem like a productive strategy.
Possible strategy:
1. Put yourself in trouble
2. Claim that you are a different power role when under pressure
3. Protect yourself
4. ???
5. Profit

It could have made a difference even without successful protects for the simple fact that it is a 'named role'. If you claim that you are the sheriff with ability X, either the scum have to start fakeclaiming, which clears the normal people, or not which clears you.
It's a game though, not really worth getting worked up over. As mafia I have to admit I like winning though.
It wasn't about the game though (at least not the losing), it's about the fact that Witt didn't even try and worse, put others in a position where they didn't even get the opportunity to try.
Btw I edited my original reaction to elaborate a bit.
someone

Unread postby Ristridin » December 14th, 2012, 1:38 pm

At this point, I guess it is safe to say that I was indeed mafia. But thanks for protecting me nonetheless DIT. :)

Last Mafia game we played here, I was analysing things as well (though I got killed rather quickly), so I figured I might as well copy that behaviour (also, I like analysis). Worked like a charm apparently. I did in fact give myself away at some point in a way, as I did mention I thought James proved himself not to be mafia (thinking short term, not realizing we'd have a day with no lynching afterwards). That could have been a hint at least.

I thought Witt might pull off some crazy trick at the end (special role of some kind), but I guess I was completely mistaken about that. I'd be interested to know what Witt was trying to do. At day one, I was completely convinced Witt was the doctor (knowing he was not mafia), but I didn't dare attack him because if he was, he might be protected (by a person who also thought he was the doctor). And with the information of an autopsy, things might have been more difficult for us.
2. Claim that you are a different power role when under pressure
Risky, as you risk a counterclaim from the real role as well. Still, making yourself a mafia target if you can protect yourself is probably a good idea.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby someone » December 14th, 2012, 2:27 pm

"Hey guys I'm the sheriff, each night I can put a player in jail and this prevents them from doing their action or mafia kill"
"Hey guys, I'm the sheriff, each night I can investigate a player and learn their alignment"

Although, yeah, putting yourself in a position where claiming is a good idea is risky.

The only thing I had on you was being the only one actually talking and coming up with theories, so I just chose to believe you were town, because if you weren't we were doomed anyway.

Btw gman, putting you ahead of DIT was pure gut feeling.

In any case what was the reasoning behind the kills?

DIT, something you could have done was mention by PM to someone you thought is town that you're the sheriff and that you'll protect them, then protect yourself. If they're town you've got an ally, if they're scum they'll probably try to kill you, if they get killed by scum no one alive knows you lied, so no harm done.
someone

Unread postby gman391 » December 14th, 2012, 5:47 pm

Randomness mostly, if we're unpredictable then we can't be figured out. At least on my own event.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games