Forum Mafia

Re: Forum Mafia

Unread postby gman391 » November 29th, 2012, 6:49 pm

Slamming the hammer down on Wittgen for being Wittgen isn't very fair. I mean it's clearly refuge in audacity.
For interest I'm a baker, I'm baking cakes and thus haven't seen Wittgen acting like a madman yet.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 29th, 2012, 8:06 pm

OoG:

Hmmm... If Witt's innocent, he's just being Witt. But if he's part of the mafia, this is an insanely good move. No one will ever suspect him, because he's too obviously evil.

Meanwhile I've made myself a target, by stating that I knew the Mayor before his demise... If I'm innocent, I could be the Mafia's next target due to my connections with the Mayor. If I'm Mafia, that connection might have gotten me close enough to off the mayor...

Gman seems awfully protective of Witt, though. He may be trying to use this kindness to hide his own shame!

Voting for... Gman
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby gman391 » November 29th, 2012, 8:36 pm

By your logic, you're the best suspect James. I'm not saying that Wittgen isn't the one who did it. I'm just saying that you killed off the mayor because he was threatening to pull his money from your accounts and expose that thing you did last summer. I wasn't going to but, you forced my hand James.
JamestheFox
Last edited by gman391 on December 1st, 2012, 7:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby DIT_grue » November 29th, 2012, 11:05 pm

Squinting suspiciously at Wittgen as they swagger past my window, I mutter to myself, "That's just terrible taste, however you look at it."
DIT_grue

Unread postby Greybane » November 30th, 2012, 2:40 am

Indeed, terrible taste. Hrmmmm.

Tis a ploy!

Is in a corner, wearing a too heavy coat, muttering furiously and glancing around.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Wittgen » November 30th, 2012, 3:17 am

Gman
Wittgen

Unread postby gman391 » November 30th, 2012, 4:02 am

Witt...why?
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby DIT_grue » November 30th, 2012, 4:22 am

I'd certainly be interested in hearing a justification for that last vote, too. (Tries to pull off speaking in an ominously rumbling voice.)
DIT_grue

Unread postby someone » November 30th, 2012, 4:49 am

A case has to be built, in these unique circumstances I will ignore reasonable doubt, but executing someone without evidence at all seems silly.
someone

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 30th, 2012, 1:24 pm

Grk!? What...? Geez, that is COLD as ICE.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Unread postby someone » November 30th, 2012, 2:19 pm

So, nameclaim in order of scummyness?

Order of claiming will only be relevant if the scum roles are non-random and don't have a fakeclaim, but it's worth a shot.
someone

Unread postby DIT_grue » November 30th, 2012, 3:49 pm

So, nameclaim in order of scummyness?

Order of claiming will only be relevant if the scum roles are non-random and don't have a fakeclaim, but it's worth a shot.
Pardon? I don't understand that.
DIT_grue

Unread postby someone » November 30th, 2012, 5:46 pm

The nameclaiming or the reasoning?

Nameclaim is basically stating the flavour of your role (see gman claiming to be a baker) without any of the mechanics behind it.

It doesn't cost town much and limits the options for the scum to choose a fake claim later (claiming that you're a fisherman first makes it highly suspicious when you later claim to be a protective role later).
If scum goes first and they haven't been given a fakeclaim by the mod there is the off chance that they claim something someone else has (say, a mafioso claims to be a fisherman but there happens to actually be a fisherman there, if the fisherman had gone first the mafioso would have chosen something different).

The first is actually relevant, the second is just very funny when it happens.
someone

Unread postby DIT_grue » December 1st, 2012, 6:40 am

Thank you for that explanation. And since the game isn't moving much at the moment, I guess I'll have to vote with just the information we have at the moment.

Wittgen

Because he obviously has some reason to want to be lynched, and I have neither a reason to deny him nor a better idea.
DIT_grue

Unread postby gman391 » December 1st, 2012, 6:47 am

Given his betrayal, I have to switch my vote too Wittgen as well. I mean yes he buys all my cakes, but I can't sell cakes if I'm dead.
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ristridin » December 1st, 2012, 7:19 am

It's only refuge in audacity when you actually did it, right? So some of that reasoning is a bit off (unless I misunderstood things)... I sort of agree with DITgrue's reasoning, although I have my doubts... Has anyone seen Wittgen acting crazy before? I think this was already asked, but I haven't seen a reply (other than gman stating he hasn't seen Wittgen acting like a madman).

oog: Sorry for the rather late response.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby someone » December 1st, 2012, 9:50 am

Ftr, that's L-1, please be careful.

Unvote for now, Wittgen is still the most suspicious atm in my opinion, but I don't feel like dealing with the mess D2 if someone quicklynches now.
someone

Unread postby Ristridin » December 1st, 2012, 12:34 pm

Ok, I think that means we have a tie now? Two votes for gman and two votes for Witt still, if my count is correct. With a majority of four needed to lynch, I guess this situation is okay until we know more.
Ristridin

Unread postby someone » December 1st, 2012, 2:20 pm

Yeah, no need to rush, especially considering that one of the tied players has only one post.
someone

Unread postby Ristridin » December 1st, 2012, 4:11 pm

Actually, Witt made two posts. The second one was the one-word accusation of gman.
Ristridin

Unread postby Wittgen » December 1st, 2012, 11:16 pm

I finish cutting things out of the child and slip out of my theater. Chortling and whirling my mustache, I am shocked to find that Gman had yet to be lynched. "I was sure I let the other fellows know that Gman was not only a scholar and a gentleman and a baker of some renown, but a low down ne'er-do-well that is mafiaing up all over this fair hamlet."
Wittgen

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 1st, 2012, 11:42 pm

Oh my god, what happened to this poor child?

I just wanted to go see a fine movie to take my mind off of the terrible murder of my buddy, but no. I just had to find a kid torn to shreds by who knows what!? How could Witt let things like this happen in his own Theater!?

I simply MUST do something about this... Wait, what if Witt IS part of the Mafia... I must do something!

I wonder if I can change my vote to Wittgen... even if he isn't Mafia, someone as obviously evil as him simply can't be allowed to go on!
JamestheFox

Unread postby Wittgen » December 2nd, 2012, 1:24 am

*The kid's fine. He's expected to make a full recovery. Lordy.
Wittgen

Unread postby JamestheFox » December 2nd, 2012, 1:30 am

That's BESIDE the point! Kid looked like he had been mauled by some kind of wild animal! I IMPLORE you, ladies and gentlemen, cease this violence!
JamestheFox

Unread postby someone » December 2nd, 2012, 5:39 am

Wittgen, you do realise people are trying to lynch you, right?
You shouldn't roleplay if you can't combine it with doing useful things, First Rule of Mafia: Play to win.

So, what has Gman done exactly to earn two votes?
someone

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games