Forum Mafia

Forum Mafia

Unread postby Random_fan » November 10th, 2012, 8:43 am

Okay so we haven't had one of these here in a very long time so for those of you who haven't played and for those of you who have forgotten here are the rules.

The Aim of the Game
If you are Mafia you must try to steer the daytime voting towards lynching Civilians, the game is won when there are equal number Civilians and Mafia. Mafia know who other Mafia are.
If you are a Civilian you must try to vote off the Mafia during the day and Civilians know only that they are human. Mafia win when there are equal number Civilians and Mafia and Civilians win when all Mafia are dead.

Special roles
Some players will be assigned special roles, however other players will not be told who they are or what the roles are. Some roles act only during the night and will only be revealed "publicly" when that person acts, Some roles act during the day and when that person acts I shall step in and confirm the action.
If a person is a special they are human, you cannot be a Mafia and a special.
There is no requirement to conceal your special roles, however you'll have to convince people that you're telling the truth and not just a Mafia seeding confusion

Here are some possible roles (with some data missing to make the game interesting). Note some roles might not be posted in this list and some might be changed.

Angel - Can guard one player every night, if the Mafia try and kill that person they will fail and everyone will know who they tried to kill - in this case the identity of who was being guarded will be revealed. The angel may guard themselves.
Medic - Can decide to autopsy 1 body a game
The Seer will be told the identity of one random person at the start of the game, if that person is killed they will be told the identity of another person (not necessarily straight away) and so on

Gameplay
The game starts with a Non player killed (it would be a bit evil to kill a real player first day), a lynch mob forms and lynches someone.
Then night then starts, all Mafia must PM me their vote for who to kill, the person with the most votes gets eaten - in the event of a tie I shall decide between the two with a random number.
During the night the angel must also submit his protection choice to me.
The next day then starts, people vote...
The night starts, wolf and special votes submitted...
and so on
days will be however long it takes for everyone to have had there turn to vote and convince others of their reasoning.
Remember, the Mafia game is about watching how other people vote and guessing their role, it's all psychology - if you vote it's not necessary but it's more fun if you post the reasoning behind your vote

Other rules

1. Private messaging is allowed, that's just talking out of the group.
2. Private messaging from dead people should be reported, it's cheating.
3. Posts from dead people should not give away any information, and shouldn't really exist at all, but a dying comment is fine.
4. No posts should be made by anyone during the night, if you do post I reserve the right to have two Mafia kills that night (depending on what is said of course)
5. In the event of a tie during the Mafia voting then I will choose a random one to kill
6. In the event of a tie during the civillian voting in the day then it is a tie and no one is killed that day.
7. Any player inactive for more than two days should post saying so (in the OOC portion of their post) and have a good RL reason (3 days is an automatic kill)
8. if a player is continuously inactive (or is often inactive) he can be kicked from the game, or killed of by the mod.
9. Any information from the mod to you is CONFIDENTIAL you many NOT post it or pm it. (note you may post quotes of him if they are public, and, if you link to the public thread where they were made)

Daytime votes should be in Blue.

So, is anyone interested?

Players:
someone
Greybane
Jamesthefox
Ristridin
gman391
Wittgen
Dit_grue
Last edited by Random_fan on November 29th, 2012, 1:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Random_fan

Re: Forum Mafia

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 10th, 2012, 8:52 am

This should be in with the quests threads.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby gman391 » November 10th, 2012, 9:22 am

I'm in but isn't Red the Mod Colour?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 10th, 2012, 12:23 pm

To be specific, each Mod has their own chosen color. This one is mine. Also, this should be in the Games thread as it's not really a "quest".
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Ristridin » November 10th, 2012, 4:24 pm

Guess this might be moved soon, but I'm in as well.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 10th, 2012, 8:35 pm

And it looks to have grown legs and walked over here.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 10th, 2012, 8:42 pm

*clears throat*
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Random_fan » November 10th, 2012, 9:59 pm

The votes will now be done in blue.
Random_fan

Unread postby someone » November 11th, 2012, 11:21 am

/in

Although... I really wouldn't want to be Mafia. This looks ridiculously broken.
someone

Unread postby Greybane » November 15th, 2012, 2:21 am

In. We doing a theme this time? Cause I always enjoyed those.

And if the rules are the same, I wouldn't worry about it being to hard on the mafia. They tend to win or get darn close. I know when I was the mafia it was pretty simple to win, even with the special requirements for my character.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby Wittgen » November 15th, 2012, 6:20 am

I'll play.
Wittgen

Unread postby Random_fan » November 15th, 2012, 7:03 am

Okay at the moment we have five people Wittgen, Greybane, someone, Ristridin, gman391

We will need two more people to start a game, preferably more.

Greybane there won't be a theme, at the moment I want to keep it simple.
Random_fan

Unread postby DIT_grue » November 15th, 2012, 3:59 pm

Oh, why not? I'll try joining in on this one.

(Self-demonstrating EDIT: I suppose I need to get into the habit of checking the forum at least a few times a day, rather than exactly once.)
Last edited by DIT_grue on November 15th, 2012, 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DIT_grue

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 15th, 2012, 8:30 pm

I guess I'm in.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby Random_fan » November 16th, 2012, 1:00 am

Then we have enough people to start a game, though if anyone else wants to join they still can. I am busy this weekend but after that I'm free. So on monday I'll get everyone's positions organised and pm them to everyone either monday or tuesday.
Random_fan

Unread postby someone » November 23rd, 2012, 8:19 am

... It's been Monday.
someone

Unread postby Random_fan » November 23rd, 2012, 10:03 am

Right, sorry, got caught up planning for my party on Monday and then forgot, Wednesday it will definitely start.
Random_fan

Unread postby Random_fan » November 28th, 2012, 6:32 am

Okay everyone's position will be out within 18 hours, I will then post the start of the game and you will then be able to try and guess who the mafia are.

EDIT: Everyone's position is out, almost made it in 18 hours, I will post the first death, which won't be a player soonish, in the meantime feel free to post and start trying to figure out who the mafia is.
Random_fan

Unread postby Random_fan » November 29th, 2012, 3:52 am

Day breaks in the small town of Lanton and it's inhabitants go about there usual duties. That is until the mayor's assistant finds the dead body of the mayor in his office. The body has a note atached to it. 'We have been in this town for years watching as everyone else runs it into the ground, well no longer. This town is ours now, every night that goes by we will kill someone else, unless the town is handed over to us.'

News quickly spreads about both the killing and the note, the town's inhabitants are naturally angry and want someone to pay, the sheriff's office can't find any clues as to the murderer so the town has decided to take matters into it's own hands.

The day phase has begun

oog: So now you get to try and work out who is trying to kill everyone, or convince everyone it's someone else if you are doing the killing.
Random_fan

Unread postby Wittgen » November 29th, 2012, 4:41 am

I stroll down the street, twirling my tommy gun and my Snidely Whiplash mustache at the same time. "Bwahaha."
Wittgen

Unread postby gman391 » November 29th, 2012, 6:04 am

Refuge in Audacity I take it?
"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world."
----Jack Layton
gman391

Unread postby Ristridin » November 29th, 2012, 9:18 am

oog: So, village fool role exists in this game? Just a guess.
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny Manual
Ristridin

Unread postby JamestheFox » November 29th, 2012, 11:53 am

I drop the cash I'm handling when I hear the news. The Mayor was my bank's biggest investor, and one of my drinking buddies! What kind of monster would-

I see the local gun-toting psycho with an obviously evil mustache.

... Nah, that's too obvious. No one would be so stupid as to flaunt that they did it out in the open, right?

Right?

oog: So, checking common knowledge, what is everyone's day job (or at least what it LOOKS like they do when they aren't potentially being part of the mafia)?
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Unread postby someone » November 29th, 2012, 2:58 pm

Does Wittgen do this as town?
Could very well be a taunt disguised as a joke.

I feel like slamming the hammer down on him.
Vote: Wittgen

@mod: Just to be clear, it's 7 alive 4 to lynch right?
And private communication is allowed?
someone

Unread postby Random_fan » November 29th, 2012, 4:42 pm

oog: yes on both accounts
Random_fan

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games