FFd6 Campaign Log: Ginny Weasley and the Grimore of Dreams

FFd6 Campaign Log: Ginny Weasley and the Grimore of Dreams

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 8th, 2014, 12:40 am

So, thought I'd go ahead and post up some logs of a game we started back in June. Based on this Plot Bunny, from way back when.

Introduction
Spoiler: show
GM: Ivalice, a land of magic and sorcery. Of laws and dreams. This has been your home for as long as you can remember. There are many lands here, but you only need worry about four. The proud... the noble... and the brave Kingdom Gryffindor is where you stand today.

You're on a train moving through the Aisenfield, heading for the city of Garriland. For one reason or another, you have taken on a task. Lady Ginerva Weasley, the youngest of the noble family, is on her way to the primier school in Gryffindor: Hogwarts! However, there are worries that perhaps someone might not want to see her arrive. And so you are here, in a cabin near the back of the train.

What are you doing?

Bookworm: Seamus is relaxing on a seat, staff at his side, browsing through a magazine he found in the cabin.

Gamebrain: Neville Longbottom, first of his name, stands fidgeting near the door to the cabin, back ramrod straight and looking rather twitchy at every noise that passes the cabin door.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione Granger, only daughter of Sir Alan Granger (the ruler and founder of the Clockwork City that bears his name), sits near their charge, a curious wooden staff with what looks like a metal gear set at its tip held in the crook of her arm. She is, as always, reading a book.

GM: (The cabin is significantly larger than the one in the WW's Hogwarts Express. About... three times the size. Your charge, Ginny Weasley, is sleeping in the next room.)

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ah. Then just... somewhere in the room. Not too close to the others, not deliberately avoiding them either.

Bookworm: "You know, you don't relax soon I think you might snap in two...Neville, right?"

Gamebrain: Neville flinches at the voice, hand straying to the hilt of his sword at his side before he reigns in the kneejerk reaction. He shrugs, glancing at a nearby seat with longing for a moment before quashing it, and going back to fidgeting where he stands, not saying anything.

GM: There's another guard that's supposed to be with you, The Mad Mage Lovegood, but knowing her, she could be anywhere.

There's a knocking at the door.

Bookworm: Seamus shrugs. "Suit yourself." He turns back to his magazine, before looking up at the door.

Aldraia Dragonsong: At the knock, Hermione looks up as well.

Gamebrain: This causes a great spasm as the hyped up young man is startled, twisting around in a panic to face the door. "W-who goes there!"

GM: "Sweets, kupo?" Comes an elderly voice.

Gamebrain: "Uh...er. Um. N-no, thank you." He replies, flushing at his overreaction, before he stops and looks at the others. "Oh. Um. Unless one of you wanted something..."

GM: Considering that it comes from a moogle, it's a little hard to tell whether it's a boy or a girl just from the voice. They have fairly high voices.

Bookworm: "Sure, I'll grab something."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione shakes her head. "I have food already, thank you," she says politely.

GM: The door opens, and a moogle pushing a cart about five sizes too big for him (at least, you think that's a him from the clothes) comes in.

Gamebrain: Neville steps back from the door, back to the wall and watching nervously.

GM: "We have Chocolate Frogs, fizzy firecrackers..." She goes through a list of the various snacks. It's all on the gil of the Weasley Family, after all.

Bookworm: Seamus grabs a Pumpkin Pasty and a pair of Chocolate Frogs.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione looks the moogle and the cart over for a moment before returning her attention to her book.

Gamebrain: Neville briefly contemplates changing his mind, but ultimately decides not to, as he's already harboring an upset stomach due to being so tense.

GM: Once she's done, she heads out the door, and...

"K-kupo!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione quickly looks up again.

GM: The cart is suddenly pushed with surprising force, and sent flying towards the front of the train.

Bookworm: "Oh crap." Seamus grabs his staff.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione closes the book and stands up, gripping the staff in her right hand.

GM: "Kupppooooooooooooooooooooooooooo-"

CRASH

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Are you all right?" she asks, running towards the moogle.

Bookworm: I think he's on the other side of the train at this point.

Aldraia Dragonsong: I thought he would be stopped by the door of the next car.

GM: He stopped at the end of the car.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Plus I initially read that as him pushing the cart away from him.

GM: As you run out the door, you find a Bangaa... wearing Slytherin Armor!

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ohh dear.

GM: He hefts a spear. "Get back in the cabin. Our quarrel ain't with you."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Then who is it with?" Hermione asks warily.

Gamebrain: Neville gulps audibly, drawing his sword. "Y-you shouldn't be here at all."

GM: "EEYAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: That, uh... that sounds bad.

GM: Ginny Weasley runs out of her room, turns and sees you all, screams again, and BOLTS towards the front of the train.

Aldraia Dragonsong: After her! Hermione runs with her.

Bookworm: "Oh man!" What she said!

GM: "Not so fast!" Another Slytherin comes out of the room, blocking you off.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Oh, great.

GM: It's a Seeq this time, and hefts a HUGE hammer.

Gamebrain: The noise and commotion wakes up a small plant monster that had been sleeping on a seat near by, who looks up at the seeq and squeaks timidly.

Neville looks between the two slytherins, and back in the direction their charge had run.

GM: "You must be the other guards. We took care of your buddy. For a mad mage, she certainly wasn't that tough."

Gamebrain: "W-what did you do to Luna?!"

GM: "Well, let's just say..."
The train car closer to the back of the train, behind you, explodes.
"She got her just deserts."

GM: "Get it? Cause it was a kitchen car. Ha!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I need to go after Lady Weasley!" Hermione shouts. "You two distract them!" She starts running again, attempting to dodge around the foes.

GM: Roll an escape check.

Gamebrain: "B-but..."

Bookworm: "You monsters!" Seamus starts pulling glowing red energy to his hand.
First Battle, Part 1
GM:Battle start.
So, heroes first. I take it Seamus is starting a Fire Spell.

Bookworm: Indeed he is. Curse you, Slow Actions!

GM: Hermione's going to try to escape?

Aldraia Dragonsong: 7 on Escape.

GM: Not quite enough. In your position, that's a Moderate challenge.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Alas.
At least it was not snake eyes... *knocks on wood*

GM: You attempt to run forward, but there's a great big Seeq clogging up the hall.

Aldraia Dragonsong: So much for that plan. Looks like I will have to join in the hitting things.

GM: Who's your target, Book?

Bookworm: The Seeq.

Gamebrain: Nev shakes a little as he forces himself to step forward, to engage the seeq who is blocking the way Ginny had ran.

GM: "Geez, did the crown pick a bunch of losers. Guess that girl isn't very important to them, eh?" The big guy practically LAUGHS at your attack. “Get a look at this moppet."

Gamebrain: Neville flushes, but doesn't say anything as he pulls back from the basic thrust he had done, the blade of his weapon stained slightly. "S-shut up."

GM: The Seeq bumps forward, bopping Neville with his weight.

Gamebrain: Neville braces and takes the hit on his armor with a grunt.

GM: The Bangaa pushes forward with his spear at Hermione, but she manages to avoid it. Bad rolls everywhere.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Makes it... whose turn?

GM: Anyway, your turn. First, Seamus' Fire goes off.

Bookworm: Woo!

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hooray, booms!

GM: "Erk! Geez, that's hot." The Seeq is panicking a bit. "HOT!!"

Bookworm: Hit him! Hit him!

Gamebrain: "Just leave now, and I...won't k-kill you." Neville says in a wavering voice, swallowing but raising his sword in preparation to strike.

GM: "Darned mages!"

Gamebrain: Neville twists his weapon and swings, laying into the seeq's head with the flat of the blade.

GM: He swaggers a bit. "Owww..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Seeing that running for it is not an effective strategy, Hermione bonks the seeq on the head with her staff.

GM: He groans in pain from the hit as the gear resonates with magic. The Seeq collapses, rolling on the floor a bit to smother the flames, and goes still, being unconcious. "Uggghh..."

Bookworm: "Go, go! We'll deal with the other one!"

GM: "Why you...!" The Bangaa charges again, swiping at Hermione… It hits, wounding you grievously.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione gasps in pain, stumbling, but keeps moving.

GM: Hermione hops over the downed Seeq, using him as a footstool, and continues on.
Hermione Gaiden 1
GM: You reach the downed shopmoogle. "Kupoooohhhh... My back, kupo..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione slows a moment.
"How bad is it, kupo?" she asks, slipping into the Mogri accent of her youth.

GM: He's under the cart.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Never mind that. Hermione tries to push the cart off of him.

GM: "I'm a goner..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Not with me here, kupo."

GM: Roll Force to try and push it off, or cast Cure. Whichever floats your boat.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Probably should push it off first.

GM: If you were a moogle, you wouldn't have been able to manage this. But you proved strong enough to get the cart off.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Perfect. Hermione quickly examines the shopmoogle, mindful of the need to go after Lady Ginevra.

GM: He's pretty hurt, and seems to be having trouble getting up. "Tell my wife... I never liked her soup, kupo!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Tell her yourself, kupo. Cure!"

GM: It takes a little charging, but you manage to heal him. "Thank you, Kupo! Er... keep that between us. I mean, I thought I was DYING..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione smiles slightly and nods. "I figured you meant it as a joke, kupo. Did you see which way Lady Ginevra went?"

GM: "The pretty redhead, kupo? Just past me. She didn't even stop to help. What a world... People should respect their elders, kupo..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "She looked panicked... I think something is wrong, kupo." Hermione grips her staff. "I need to go after her. Will you be all right?"

GM: "Yes, I should be fine."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione nods and rushes off.

GM: Make an awareness roll.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 11.

GM: You... thought you saw something as you moved from car to car.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione slows and glances that way. It might be important. It might even be Lady Ginevra.

GM: On the lock connecting the two cars... is a bomb. It's one of those classic timebombs with a clock on them.

"tick tick tick tick"

It's got a minute on the clock, more or less.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Well. This is bad.

GM: The clock face was intricately carved into a mocking face. With its tongue stuck out. It's a face you recognize. Draco Malfoy.

Aldraia Dragonsong: ...I have to admire the audacity.
Hermione stops and pulls out her toolkit.Time to put a childhood in the Clockwork City to work!

GM: Tinkering or Systems check, whichever you like.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 9 either way.

GM: Not enough. That sod really made this thing complex. Luckily you also didn't accelerate the timer.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Argh! How much time does that leave?

GM: It's only at 50 secs.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hmm... not enough MP left to Analyze it... How far could I throw it, and would it be far enough?

GM: You can make a Force check to throw, or attempt to Tinker with it again.

Aldraia Dragonsong: ...Eh, one more shot.
First Battle, Part 2
Gamebrain: Neville gasps at the hit, and hold up a hand at the Bangaa as she takes the hit and runs down the train after their charge, while he intones in a wavering voice. "Frozen in time, rooted in place..."

Bookworm: "Time to eat a staff *to the face*!"

GM: "Erk! That the best you got!?" The Bangaa smirks. He body checks you.

Gamebrain: Neville's voice shakes a bit, but he manages to focus enough to finish his spell. "Move ye no further. STOP!"

GM: It doesn't quite work. He breaks free as the bindings shatter. "Geez, you're a wimp."

Gamebrain: Neville flushes at the insult, but turns and slashes forward at the bangaa.

GM: That be a hit.

Bookworm: (Cover please and thank you.)

Gamebrain: Yes, mark Seamus as Cover target.

Bookworm: Time for more staff face!

(Insert Discussion of mechanics here)

GM: Anywho, I take it you missed, Book?

Bookworm: I honestly *hope* I did. I would feel terrible pity for a creature with Avoidance 1 or lower.

GM: "Alright, I think it's time to finish this moppet off.” He swipes at Neville. And misses. Unless you have lower than 4 AVD.

Gamebrain: Neville manages to twist out of the way of the swipe, before stabbing forward with his own blade.

GM: He grunts as you hit him, then grins. "You know, you goonssss have much bigger probssss than me. Heh. As we speak, I betcha Draco is making off with that poppet." He stabs at Neville's cheek. He snips a little at your cheek, drawing blood.

Gamebrain: Neville's return strike is infused with a nervous energy, and he nearly over swings, but the balance of his weapon allows him to get it back in control and strike his foe.
Hermione Gaiden 2
Aldraia Dragonsong: Hah! 15!
GM: You detach the clock and toss it off the train. The bomb part is now useless. With that, you can move on.
You move through another passenger car. Of course, these are all empty, with carefully reconstructed replicas of Ginny Weasley in each and every one of them. How'd they figure out which room had the real Ginny?
Aldraia Dragonsong: Good question... were we at the end of the train or a random room in the middle?
GM: A random passenger car. It was NEAR the end, along with the rest of the cars.
Ahead is a platform with a bunch of caged monsters.
Aldraia Dragonsong: Maybe they just started at the front and worked their way towards the back.
Okay, can I see it yet, or is there a chance that they let them all out?
GM: You are still two cars away from the cages. There doesn't seem to be anything in your way, though.
First Battle End
GM: He groans. His armor is getting bloody. "... Geez... what happened? It should have..."

Bookworm: Haha! Delicious vindication, as the lizard receives his just reward: Face Staff!

GM: "Ggrrr.... Why isn't it...? ..."
He's making an escape roll. He turns tail and runs.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Who is awesome? I am!

Bookworm: You did something! I wasn't there, but I bet it was awesome!

Aldraia Dragonsong: *buffs nails* Oh, just *defused a bomb*. It is a good thing I ran for it.
Hermione Gaiden 3
Aldraia Dragonsong: Right then, onward.
Look around - do I have any way of identifying the real Ginevra?
GM: Well, she'd be moving.
Or screaming.
GM: "EEYYYYYYYYYYYAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!"

Hermione Gaiden 4
Aldraia Dragonsong: Run towards the screaming!
GM: You make it to the train, seeing bombs on every lock between cars along the way. You climb up some stairs, and are standing on the cages.
You can see all manner of creatures below. This shipment was heading for Cyril, to join the Zoo.
Ginny is running in circles, screaming her head off. And then, you see him walking up from the opposite side, twirling a rapier casually.
"Granger," Draco says with a sneer. Two more Slytherins follow him. A rather large Seeq and Bangaa.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Malfoy," she replies contemptuously. "Aren't you a bit old to be picking on girls?"

GM: Ginny stops screaming, and looks between the two of you. She looks... confused.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione heads over to stand beside her.

GM: "She's right, you know." A Moogle lands next to you from the top of the car you just left. Her bottlecap necklace jingles a bit.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione glances at the newcomer. "Hello, Luna."

GM: "Lovegood. Didn't I tell you to kill her?"

"We thought our guys had her."

"Just desserts and everything."
Mad Dash
GM: That... was Ginny. She's got lungs.

Bookworm: "Ginny! C'mon, Neville!"

Gamebrain: Neville waffles for a moment, before allowing him to go, as he turns to dash in the same direction Hermione went.
"C-come on Trevor!"
The little creature chirps, jumping up and latching onto Neville's armor with his leaf like limbs as he dashes past.

Bookworm: Seamus pants out as they run, "I think you're the bravest scaredy-cat I've ever met in my life."

Gamebrain: Neville swallows, mumbling to himself as they run. "Nononononononono. Please be safe please be safe let one thing go right for once."

GM: "AAAAAAAAAAAAAH AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH AHHHHHHHHHHHH AAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"

Bookworm: I *can't run any faster*! Jogging was not on the curriculum!

GM: As you run out the car, you see what looks like some kind of defused machine attached to the car locks.
As you leave the next car, you see another machine in the same general location, and recognize it: it's a time bomb.

30 seconds left.

Gamebrain: Neville keeps on running.

Bookworm: "...Wait, can't you stop it!?"

GM: As you pass ANOTHER car, you see ANOTHER bomb.

15 seconds.

Bookworm: "Okay, never mind! KEEP RUNNING!"

GM: 10.

Bookworm: "AAAAAAAAHHHHH!!!!"

GM: 9

Gamebrain: "Shouldn'thavelefthershouldn'thaelefther."

GM: 8

You make it out with 4 seconds to spare.

Bookworm: Out of...the train?

GM: Out of the cars. You run up and see Hermione, Luna, Ginny... and some slytherins.

Bookworm: "You...ha, ha...are all...so, dead...soon as I can breathe, *GASP*." Seamus leans on his staff, gasping like a beached trout.
Boss Fight: Baby Behemoth
GM: “… Unfortunately I had my fill of deserts, kupo," says Luna.

Bookworm: "Luna, Slytherins! Focus!"

GM: The bombs behind you explode, detatching the train cars behind you and irritating the monsters in the cages you're standing on.

"That's too bad, I wanted to show you what I had cooked up!"

GM: Draco detonates a smoke ball, obscuring your sight.

Gamebrain: Neville keeps right on trucking, gasping for breath hardcore as he rams right into the nearest Snake with a gasping shout.

GM: You run out of the smoke... and Draco's gone. And a cage is open.

Bookworm: "Oh, for the love of- *cough*."

GM: You see Draco riding along the train on a chocobo, alongside his minions.

Bookworm: "All that, and he's just running away?"

GM: A giant creature comes out of the cage.

Bookworm: "Oh."

GM: "Unfortunately, I don't have time to waste here. We can finish this later!" He slows down, letting the train continue onwards without him.

Luna frowns. "He's just afraid of the Judge. We're almost to the city limits, after all, kupo."

Gamebrain: Neville apparently misses his target due to the smoke, and rams into the wall of the car just past them.

GM: You'd have hit the Behemoth.
Or fallen into the cage he was in.

Gamebrain: So he manages to stop himself, but misses then.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "...insufferable boy," Hermione mutters.

GM: Luna frowns. "I'll protect Ginny, kupo. Could you three make sure that baby doesn't hurt himself?"

The baby Behemoth roars.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "...I need a moment to heal myself, but I will do my best."

Bookworm: "...Yeah. I don't think he's gonna be hurting himself."

Aldraia Dragonsong: The gear at the end of Hermione's staff begins to glow.

GM: "Just hold him until we enter the city. As soon as a Judge appears..." She pulls a white card.

Gamebrain: So he manages to stop himself, but misses then. "I-I can try my spell again."

Bookworm: A red glow that was beginning to cover Seamus's body dissipates, his hand slouching down to his side in a depressed manner. "Awww. I was saving that, too. Fine, then."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione nods as her wounds fade away.

GM: Your turn.

*Mission: Survive 3 Rounds!*

Gamebrain: "Frozen in time. R-rooted in place." Neville grasps swords hit in both hands, blade pointed straight down between his feet as he looks at the still dangerous creature.

Bookworm: Seamus points his staff above the Behemoth, slowly stirring it as a small moon and twinkling stars begin to form on the cieling of the car. "Aaannd...Sleep."

Quick Cast!

GM: (Appearance-wise, think a pudgy, slightly smaller Behemoth. With what appears to be a diaper.)

Bookworm: Try and outForce me, Tiny!

GM: 12

Bookworm: DANG IT!

Aldraia Dragonsong: Behemoths are tough things.

Bookworm: If I was at full health, it would have worked.

GM: It starts wailing, tears flying everywhere...

Slow Action initiated.

Ginny is staring at Luna, and the two are whisphering to each other. Awareness check to hear what they're saying over baby's crying, the sound of wind in your ears, etc. Challenging.

Gamebrain: 12

Aldraia Dragonsong: ...

Snake eyes.

Gamebrain: Hey, I did it!
Overheard Conversation (What Neville Heard):
"L-Luna... is that... you?"
"I'm glad to see that some things haven't changed, kupo..."
"What happened?"
"I think... your book did this. ‘One is fated to fill these pages...’ kupo."
"So they... What happened to everyone else? Where are we?"
"On our way to Hogwarts."
"This... doesn't seem like the Hogwarts Express."
"It feels like forever ago that I heard that name, kupo."
Boss Battle: Baby Behemoth Part 2
Aldraia Dragonsong: *awaits doom*

Bookworm: Challenging is...9?

Gamebrain: 11.

Bookworm: Then no.

GM: Hermione's managed to tie herself to the cage. The rope inflicts Stop on her.

Bookworm: (Time Rope. The most devious of ropes.)

Aldraia Dragonsong: She appears quite embarrassed.

Gamebrain: Neville shakes his head, and exclaims: "Move ye no further. S-STOP!"
(Please good rolls, pleeeeease good rolls)

GM: You made it.

Gamebrain: Seriously?

GM: Yep. It got 11.

Gamebrain: WOO!

Neville's magic swipes out, wrapping around the baby and binding its limbs and joints in place, painlessly.
He looks more than a little surprised it worked.

GM: The baby's joints lock up. Neither Hermione or the Baby can move around (they're stuck to where they stand), but they can both still attack or cast.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Try not to tease her too much, she might throw a literal book at you.

GM: Hermione a medium range from the Behemoth, so it's all cool.

Bookworm: Hey, Medium range sounds like a great place to be right now. I'll go there!

GM: Anyway, you all can make your turn. Round 2, by the way.

Aldraia Dragonsong: So not going to be bonking it anytime soon, but that was not much in the plans anyway.

Bookworm: And start casting Sleep again. Slowly this time.

Gamebrain: Neville will move to Hermione and cut her free. Ginny's the Cover target.

Bookworm: Nooo, my meatshield!

Gamebrain: Hey, He's got a job.

Bookworm: And I have a spine, but neither of those look like they're gonna last much longer, do they?

GM: Okay, Hermione's free.

Gamebrain: He’s not thinking quite straight, obviously. But he's making sure the person he's supposed to keep safe is kept in one piece.

Bookworm: (Nah, it's fine, I'm just cracking wise.)

Gamebrain: As he cuts Hermione free, he seems to keep glancing in Luna and Ginny's direction, a confused expression on his face.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Thank you."

She resumes her efforts to get a rope around the bar of a cage.

GM: You managed to do that, already.
You just tied yourself at the end of the rope a bit absentmindedly.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Oh, I see, I thought I tied myself to the cage bar and in cutting me free Neville cut the rope off.

GM: The tripwire itself is still in place. Just a few loose inches cut away.

Aldraia Dragonsong: In that case...

Gamebrain: "C-can anyone get it back in the cage without hurting it?"

Aldraia Dragonsong: How far is it from the cage?

GM: (No big loss. I assume you used your Bottomless pockets)
It is a Short Range away.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (To get the rope from? Yes.)
"If we all worked together, we might be able to push it back in while it is Stopped..."

GM: Even locked up as it is, it seems to be crying.

Gamebrain: Umm...hmmm. Can I try a nature check to calm it?

GM: Sure.

Gamebrain: *Sigh* 5.

GM: Not enough. But at least it wasn't snakeeyes, I think.

Gamebrain: "J-just c-calm do-"

*Is cut off by crying*

Aldraia Dragonsong: Okay, rolling Lore (Ways To Lure Distraught Behemoths Into Cages). 9.

GM: You rack your brain, but can't find anything.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Oh well, pushing it back in works too.

Bookworm: "C'mon, *SLEEP*!” 11 again.

GM: It falls asleep. It looks rather... awkward... in this position.

Gamebrain: Well. I think we're good unless you fiat it awake and unlocked.

Bookworm: Yep. That stuff lasts 4 rounds.

GM: It is still asleep. Round 3....

Aldraia Dragonsong: Or just waiting a while.

Hermione keeps an eye on it, but stays where she is. They will be safely in town soon enough.

Gamebrain: Neville places himself between the baby and Ginny, sword in hand as he fidgets nervously while watching the creature.

GM: The other creatures below are snarling. The one just below you shakes its cage.

Bookworm: "And what's *your* problem, huh? Need a foot massage? I'm done for the day."

Gamebrain: "Gah!" Neville cries in surprise at the unexpected noise and movement.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "They're probably disturbed from the explosion and smoke," Hermione points out.

GM: It's still asleep...

Round 4.
Magick City Garriland
You feel a shift in the air as you enter the city limits... or rather, the border of the Judicite's influence.

Gamebrain: "Oh thank goodness."

Bookworm: *PHEW*.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (Safety is ours! Any Laws we should worry about?)

Bookworm: ("No Pacifism.")

GM: (The current law is "No Summons.")

A woman in armor appears. "By law and will, by might of Gryffindor, I am here to preside over this battl- ... It looks like the battle's already well underway."

"It is." Luna puts her card away, shuffling in her bag.

Gamebrain: Neville's probably covered in sweat and breathing heavily at this point, so he just nods his head tiredly.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Our train was attacked," Hermione explains.

GM: "I thought I was going to need the 'No Physical Attacks' Law... But these three did well in ensuring that wouldn't be neccessary, kupo! Thanks! You didn't have to take it down peacefully, but I appreciate it, kupo! Behemoths are an endangered species."

Luna gets up, giving Ginny a reassuring nod.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione walks over to Ginny. "Are you all right, Lady Ginevra?" she asks with concern.

GM:"Er... Um... yeah..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione smiles at her. "Good."

Gamebrain: "Ah...um. Yes. You're welcome."

Bookworm: "Ah, it was no problem, Milady. Just our jobs. Good call booking it, by the way."

GM: "Th-thanks..."

Luna smiles. "Now... can someone help me move this fellow back into his cage, kupopo? He's got a long way to go to Cyril. Wouldn't want him to get wrackspurts."

Gamebrain: Trevor, still hanging on the back of Neville's armor, climbs up onto his shoulder and pats the young boy on the head, eyes smiling at him as he chirps happily.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I'll help," Hermione offers.

Gamebrain: "Ah. I-I'll try."

Bookworm: Seamus sighs and rolls up his robes.

GM: With some effort, the lot of you carefully get the creature back into its cage.

All without waking it up.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Go us!

Bookworm: Obstacles were removed or worked around successfully!

Aldraia Dragonsong: Intraparty conflict is so far minimal!

Luna looks ahead, and looks at Ginny. "Look up ahead. The Magic City Garriland... and..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione looks up with her. "Hogwarts."

GM: You go over the hill, and see a huge city, with fireworks flying everywhere. Floating above the city is a grand castle, illuminated by magical sparks and the setting sun.

Gamebrain: Neville sighs in relief as soon as the creature is back in its cage, and moves toto take up his position by Luna and Ginny, sword sheathed, though he glances with confused curiousity at their charge every so often.

GM: "... Hogwarts..." Ginny mutters. "It... it's just like I imagined it..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione smiles again. "We've made it, milady."

Gamebrain: "In one piece, even." Neville sighs, mostly to himself.

GM: MISSION COMPLETE!
Battle 1: 1 EXP for Seamus and Neville.
BOSS BATTLE: 2 EXP for all players.
SESSION BONUS: 1 EXP for all players.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Yay!

GM: "Thank you all," Ginny says.

Bookworm: Look at all the success!

Gamebrain: (Though he admittedly let his charge run off by herself. Which wasn't good.)

Bookworm: "Our pleasure," Seamus answers with a little bow, before wincing.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I couldn't say no when Ron asked me to look after his little sister," Hermione says with a chuckle.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (Hey, we TRIED to go after her.)

Gamebrain: Neville just looks immensely relieved, with hte gash on his cheek, and blood on his face.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (Not our fault a giant block of seeq got in the way.)

Gamebrain: (Yes, but he didn't go after her as soon as the way was cleared.)

GM: As the train reaches the station, damaged but safe, you all step off into the busy station. A teleporter a few feet away will take you all to Hogwarts proper.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (Someone did, and he took care of the enemies left to make sure none were left at their backs.)

Gamebrain: (Doesn't matter. You're not the pally with high expectations on him. Both his own and others)

Aldraia Dragonsong: (Heh, point.)

Are there healers up in Hogwarts or should I roll Healing on Seamus and Neville?

GM: There're healers.

The Judge at your side walks up. You can only tell her gender due to the red cape behind her. Men have blue.

Gamebrain: Neville stiffens immediately. (AUTHORITY FIGURE! +6 Nerves inflicted!)

Aldraia Dragonsong: (*giggles*)

GM: "Your service in these troubling times is appreciated. I'm sure you'll find your pay at Hogwarts."

Gamebrain: "U-uh...um. I mean..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione bows, subtly leaning on her staff. "Judge Potter."
"A pleasure to meet you."

Bookworm: "Nice to meet you, too."

GM: She starts to turn around, then stops. "... Do tell my boy to stay out of trouble, Miss Granger. As his mother, I know he won't listen, but it is my duty as Judge to ask."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione's lips quirk.

Gamebrain: Neville sighs. "...I don't think Harry can." Before he realizes he said that out loud, and slaps a hand over his mouth.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I try every day I'm there to, Madame Judge."

GM: It's too bad there's an all-encompassing helmet on her head... You can't tell what she's thinking. It's a little creepy.

Gamebrain: "Ah, I umm. I-Im sorry, I didn't m-mean..."

GM: "I have other duties to attend to. I must be off." She glows... and is gone. She could be anywhere from here to the Clockwork City by now.

Aldraia Dragonsong: I thought they were confined to the limits of the city? Or is it the limits of *any* city?

GM: Any city with Judicite. They can jump from city to city, but can't leave into the world beyond those cities.
Aldraia Dragonsong: Ahh.

Gamebrain: "Oh bugger." Neville moans, closing his eyes and palming his face.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione pats Neville on the shoulder. "It was the truth," she says gently. "She won't blame you for being honest."

...Probably.

But the point here is to be *reassuring*.

Gamebrain: Trevor pats Neville's uninjured cheek consolingly.

Gamebrain: And he seems to take a little comfort from it.

GM: Ginny is just... staring... looking at all the things. There are still so many fireworks flying into the sky, as the sky starts to darken. People in clothing so extravagant and bizzare that a certain other world would be put to shame wander everywhere.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione looks at their charge.

"Impressive, isn't it?" she says, sounding more than a little impressed herself.

GM: "Uh... huh."

Luna smiles. "You're going to love it at Hogwarts, Ginny. I would know, I spent a year there as a transfer student, kupo."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "It's a wonderful place," Hermione enthuses. "It was built by Rowena Ravenclaw herself, as her greatest masterwork."

GM: "Wait... not the four founders? I thought..."

Luna gives her a look.

"... Huh..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Well, Godric Gryffindor built the city beneath it," Hermione concedes. "And it's an *incredible* city. The best libraries in the whole kingdom!"

GM: The lot of you start walking towards the teleporter, and when you arrive, the transportation is almost immediate.

Gamebrain: Neville seems to almost collapse in on himself in relief as soon as they are in the school itself.

GM: You step into the castle.

"You'll learn all about it in History of Magic Class. The teacher there is the best in the land, kupo."

GM: "Wait... I thought..." Ginny shakes her head. "Nevermind."

Gamebrain: (...isn't that Binns' class? Ahahahahahahahaha! Best in the land. Riiiiiight. *Snerk*)

GM: (In this universe, History of Magic has an AMAZING teacher. One Sir Gilderoy Lockhart, honored for his many, all-witnessed, non-fake achievements. Who in this universe really IS all that and a bag of chips.)

Gamebrain: (Noted.)

Aldraia Dragonsong: You can tell that this is like heaven for Hermione.

GM: An outright ANCIENT looking Viera in robes steps up to you with the sternest look in the world. Even Emperor Salazar Slytherin would be brought to heel by this gaze.

Gamebrain: "Gulp."

GM: Proffessor Mcgonagall comes to a halt right in front of you.

Luna nods. "Professor."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione bows, still leaning on her staff. "Professor."

GM: "Lovegood, Granger," Minerva spares a small smile for Hermione. Then it's ice again.

Bookworm: "Proffesor." (No bets for how she feels about Seamus!)

GM: "Finnegan." Uberchills.

Gamebrain: Trevor sqeaks and slides down the back of Nevilles armor to hide behind one of his legs, while he greets her with his own nervous voice. "P-professor."

Bookworm: (You can only blow up things so many times before she stops forgiving you.)

GM: "Longbottom. You did well, lad."

Gamebrain: Neville flushes, looking down at the ground. "I-I...um. Thank you, Professor."

GM: She turns, and with some motions, begins to transfigure the castle's surroundings to lift you upwards, towards the Headmaster's office. "This is your stop, Miss Weasley."

"I'll be joining her. I didn't take too much damage on the way here," Luna says.

"Very well."

Gamebrain: "I-I'm okay. I should p-probably..."

GM: "As for the rest of you, let us head to the guest chambers." There is a chill, brooking no argument. "You can receive medical attention there, and rest for the night. Albus will speak with you in the morn."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione wisely declines to argue.

GM: Another quick shift moves you to the guest chambers, and she gives you your rooms.

Gamebrain: He looks really unsure of what to do, but Mcgonagall's tone makes him less than eager to argue so he is quailed.
(I know its gonna get irritating fast but...he IS really unsure of hiself for a while yet. And what were Nev's exact orders?)

Aldraia Dragonsong: (So far, not irritating me at least.)

Bookworm: It's fine.

GM: To escort Lady Ginny Weasley to the castle, Hogwarts, and wait there for debriefing.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Well, we made it to the castle, so mission success!

Bookworm: ...It feels strangely empty.

Bookworm: Like...something is missing.

Aldraia Dragonsong: The intraparty conflict?

Gamebrain: Seamus.

Explosions.

He's not standing there missing his eyebrows and large portions of his hair.

Bookworm: No, like...some kind of indicator or...chime that tells us we've accomplished a milestone.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ooh.

Gamebrain: Da Da Da Da Da Da DA DADA!

GM: Oh, I forgot that.
Just a moment.
Please strike a pose.

Aldraia Dragonsong: *hugs a book to her chest and holds her staff diagonally across her body, smiling confidently*

Gamebrain: *Sighs in relief as he lets his sword tip fall to the ground, while Trevor dances excitedly upon his shoulder.*

Bookworm: *dusts knuckles against robe and leans on his staff jauntily*

GM: There is a Teleport Stone sitting outside Hogwarts, for use by Clans only. At this moment, you are not yet a Clan, but soon enough, you will be. Well, Hermione is a Clan Member. She's part of Clan Nimbus. That's Harry's Clan.

Aldraia Dragonsong: I am? Ooh, right! Now I remember.

GM: Harry, Ron, and Hermione, as well as several semi-faceless people working on their Airship.

Gamebrain: (Is Neville invovled in any clan? and what exactly is this again?)

GM: So far, no, Neville's not in a Clan.

Gamebrain: Aww. Poor Nev. Nobody likes me everybody hates me guess I'll go eat worms.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Clans are like guilds in MMORPGs. Groups of people who work together.

GM: In this universe, a fairly high authority has to recognize this group as a Clan for you to be able to take missions as a Clan.
Next time, you'll basically be given an important post guarding the castle, which will mostly be timeskipped over, after which you'll be made into a clan under Ginny Weasley and alongside Luna Lovegood.

From there... Well, between now and then I'll be giving you some basic clan Missions to choose from.

Gamebrain: The reward for doing well is more work, Nev old man. Sorry!

GM: You also each gain 50 Gil for your service.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Question, is there a rule against dual-Clan membership?

GM: Not exactly. It's just not done often, because then you have conflicts between who's in charge in one clan and who's in charge in the other.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ah, okay. Should be able to work around that.
---------------------------------------------------------

And so the first session came to an end. There are a few more sessions we've done since then, so be on the lookout. If you got any questions, let me know.
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
Shinobi in Star Wars GM. Kyo's Data here.
Pokewizard Quest GM. Harry's Pokedex here.
JamestheFox

Location: A world beyond imagination, but just inside fantasy.

Re: FFd6 Campaign Log: Ginny Weasley and the Grimore of Drea

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 8th, 2014, 11:27 am

Formation...
GM: Well... let's see... the day after the last session ended, you are called to Dumbledore's office, and he commends you on your mission. He then gives you a post at Hogwarts for a few months (almost the entire year)...

At the end of which Ginny graduates, and after some thought decides to form a Clan. She approaches Luna, first, and she accepts. Then she meets up with you in the grand hall of Hogwarts, as you're on your way out.

"Wait, wait up!"

Bookworm: "Huh? Lady Ginny? What is it?"

Gamebrain: Neville doesn't react, because she obviously can't be talking to him.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione turns as well, not saying anything because Seamus already said everything she would have.

GM: She runs up past you, and stops, panting heavily. Luna trails along lazily.

"Umm... You see, I've been thinking for a while, and... I want to form a clan. Professor Dumbledore gave me his blessing... And I'd like to ask you all to join."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione blinks. She had not been expecting that.

GM: "You all really helped me, back on that train, a year ago. I trust you. I can't think of anyone else I'd rather have. I... I can't promise I'll be the best leader... But..." She looks determined. "I'll give it my all."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione smiles a little, but hesitates. "I'm already in Harry's clan... so I might not always be available. But if you don't mind that... I'd be honoured, Lady Ginny."

Bookworm: Seamus leans his chin on the top of his staff, looking intently at Ginny. "And what can you promise for there to be in it for me, Milady?"

GM: "Er... um..."

Luna smiles as she finally catches up. "A steady pay, free housing in our base. The chance to go out and explore areas that aren't usually accessible. You know. The perks of being in a clan, kupo."

There are many other "perks," so to speak, that are fairly well known by the people of Ivalice. Clans get... a fair bit of preferential treatment.

Bookworm: Seamus hems a bit as he weighs the pros and cons. "Ah, why not? Seems like just yesterday we were on that train. This just feels natural."

GM: Ginny smiles and bows lightly. It's obvious that it's a motion taught to her over the last year. "Thank you. Both of you." She then turns to Neville. "Do... you need a little more time? I understand if you're not interested..."

Gamebrain: "I...are you sure? I'm not really what most people want in a clan member..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione pats Neville on the back. "You'll do fine, Neville."

GM: "Even if she hadn't thought of you, I would have recommended you, kupo." Luna says.

Gamebrain: He ducks his head, and the little mandragora at his feet crosses his...leaf arm things and scowls up at him. He glances up at Luna when she says that, looking away from Trevor. "...really?"

GM: "Mmm hmm."

Gamebrain: He looks really unsure of himself, not really sure what to do.

GM: Ginny nods. "You did a lot to help us deal with that attack on the train. I'm sure you'll be just as helpful here, if not moreso."

Gamebrain: Trevor jumps up onto his head and thwaps him upside the head lightly, chirping encouragingly. He takes it as such, and swallows, before nodding. "Um...well I guess I can."

GM: Ginny smiles. "Thanks. I guess... Clan... um..."

"... You haven't thought of a name, kupo?"

"I'm thinking!" Ginny mutters indignantly.

Luna looks somewhat amused. "Well, let's think of one together, as a clan..."
... And Naming of the Clan
Bookworm: I like Clan Mandrake. Give the poor guy a confidence boost.

GM: Clan Mandrake sounds good. All for?

Aldraia Dragonsong: *raises hand in support*

Gamebrain: Works for me.

GM: All opposed?

*Cricket Cricket*

Then we have ourselves a winner.
(Book isn't around for most of the session from here. Luckily, we already had a mechanic in place for just this event, allowing him to rejoin the party through convenient means.)

Housing
"And with that, the Clan was formed. Though we had no way of knowing what was ahead... I felt like we could face it... I still do."
~The Gran Grimore, Ginny's Tale, Chapter 14.

A few days later, you were brought to a fairly nice building near the market, and told it belonged to your Clan.

It's a bit plain, but has enough room for all of you, and a few new recruits if you could find them. Ginny of course took the master bedroom, as leader of the clan. She kinda had to be shoved into it.

Luna took a corner-room, not too far from one of the communal bathrooms. She sometimes bursts from her room carrying some kind of mad experiment gone wrong, and flushes it down the toilet.

Gamebrain: Neville will take a room with south facing windows, for lots of sunlight.

GM: The kitchen is nice, and as part of being a clan, there's a courier who goes to the market for you, bringing you a fairly decent supply of food and ingredients.

Gamebrain: Once they're all settled in, various types of plants and things appear in the room over time, and there's a bit of a loamy smell that takes over the room. He spends alot of time in there by himself, or with Trevor.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione takes a corner room as well, wanting somewhere she can retreat to when she needs peace and quiet.
The Mission Board
GM: Once the accomadations are settled, however, it becomes time to work.

As a small clan with no experience, you're relatively unknown, and no one's come to your front desk looking for your aid... That means that things'll have to be done the old fashioned way... by going to a pub and seeing who needs help and what stuff has been posted on the board.

It's been a while since Hermione has had to do this herself, and the rest of you have never had to do it at all; you usually just got told what to do by your folks.

And so, while Seamus and Luna hold down the fort in the dim hope that someone might come, the rest of you end up going with Ginny to the Hog's Head.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione chuckles as they enter. "Reminds me of old times."

Gamebrain: "I wouldn't really know..."

GM: Indeed it does. The Hog's Head is rough and dangerous looking, but all is held in check by the watchful eye of Aberforth Dumbledore, who chose this life over the high-profile life of a Headmaster or Judge or whatnot.

The mission board for Clans and mercenaries is right behind him, above the shelves of glasses and bottles.

"Ah, Miss Granger. It's been a while, hasn't it? What can I do you for?" He shifts a bit, getting a good look at the rest of the party. "This isn't your usual crowd, is it? What happened to Ron? Get hit with a gender-swapping spell or something?"

"Er..." Ginny starts.

"And the kid in armor doesn't wear it nearly as well as Potter did."

You can see he's joking, a little.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "This is Ron's younger sister, Lady Ginevra," Hermione introduces. "And this is Neville Longbottom."

Gamebrain: Nev flushes at the remark, and looks away, fidgeting uncomfortably in his armor.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Lady Ginny has just formed a Clan, and we're looking for a mission to take."

GM: He reaches out to give both Neville and Ginny a handshake. "I'm just joking. I recognized that emblem the moment you walked in, Mr. Longbottom. He's a good man, you father."

Gamebrain: "Um...thank you sir."

GM: "Now, if you've just formed a Clan, then... Then what brings you here? You should be off fighting Behemoths and Espers! Smiting ARMIES of Baknamies and DRAGONS! Oh, by the gods the DRAGONS! HOHOHOHO!"

He smirks.

Gamebrain: *looks a little pale at the idea.*

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione laughs. "That's a bit much for a start, don't you think?"

GM: "Ahahahah. That it is. So, let's have a look at the old board." He pulls the board off the wall, and lets the lot of you have a look. "Sure she's got something for ya."

Ginny looked worried at Dumbledore's suggestions, but is now relaxing a little and looking over the board.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione looks over it as well.

GM: A young woman is wandering around the tables, taking orders. Eventually one petition draws all three of your attentions:
“This Month's Wanted! Black Mage Dolce
-Dangerous magic use
-Eating and running
-Assorted misdemeanors
-Last spotted in Aisenfield”

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione points it out. "That looks like something we can handle."

GM: "Hmm... He can't be that dangerous, can he?" Ginny asks.

"You'll learn not to say such things, lass," Aberforth jokes. "They tend to be rubbish luck."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "You don't want to assume it will be easy, because if it isn't, you'll get caught unprepared," Hermione cautions.

GM: "Right. Hmm... I think we'll take this one, then."

Aberforth nods, and takes the piece of paper off the board, handing it to Ginny.

“So... from here, I just have to decide who's actually going on this mission, then?"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "That's right," Hermione agrees.

GM: She frowns. "I kinda want to go, myself. After all, it's our clan's first mission. But there's a lot of paperwork sitting back at the base..."

You've SEEN the pile. It's pretty high.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Maybe the second mission?" Hermione commiserates.

GM: She pouts a little, then sighs. "I guess. For now, I'll send the two of you. Let me know if you guys are having trouble, though."

Gamebrain: Neville looks MORE nervous about going with 1 less person. "err...o-okay."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Of course."
Preparation
As the three of you return to Base to prepare for your trip...

You consider the location of your target.

The Aisenfield is just west of Garriland, thank goodness.

But how do you intend to go about tracking Dolce?

Aldraia Dragonsong: How big is the Aisenfield?

Gamebrain: ...nature check, maybe?

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ooh!

Gamebrain: Wait, this isn't a town or something?

Yeah, okay, nature check then.

Aldraia Dragonsong: *rolls Lore: Finding People Whose Names Are Written On Wanted Posters*

GM: Heh. Go ahead and roll both.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 15.

Gamebrain: 9.

"Um...well if he's still around here, he'll probably be somewhere close to water and sheltered from monsters..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "And he'll be *terrible* at hiding," Hermione notes. "...And at feeding himself. Perhaps we can lure him out with food..."

Gamebrain: "...did you bring anything?"

GM: (Technically, you're still at base discussing these things)

Gamebrain: (...oh. Well. Uh...)

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I always have some food on me... wait. Aisenfield. Give me a moment..." Hermione seems to be thinking intently.

*rolls Lore: Aisenfield*
(Trying to figure out if there is something in Aisenfield that would attract Dolce.)

"...There are some old ruined airships there that might be usable as shelter... he might be in one of them."

Gamebrain: "Um...okay."
Hunt
GM: With that, the two of you head on your way, leaving west from Garriland.

It doesn't take long for you to reach the flatlands that make up the majority of the region. In the distance you can see the train from the Burrowed Fort Eagrose heading on its merry way.

There are also many, MANY ancient, crashed airships strewn over the flatlands like tiny mountains.

Gamebrain: Nev's silent as he sees the train from his home, before he swallows, shakes his head and mumbles to himself. "I can do this."

GM: Indeed. So the question, then, is where to begin?

Gamebrain: Nature check for sign, I guess?

GM: You could just walk up to one of those Airships and hope for the best. Or check the area out for footprints with a Nature check... or whatever you want.

Roll it.

Gamebrain: 8

Aldraia Dragonsong: Lore: Locating Criminals?

GM: (rofl)

Aldraia Dragonsong: If yes, 12.

GM: Hermione is racking her brain, but nothing she hasn't already thought up comes to mind.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ah well.

Gamebrain: Neville looks around a bit, wandering away a little before he trips over some tracks. "Um...Hermione."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione comes over quickly. "Did you find something?" she asks hopefully.

Gamebrain: "I think so."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Good job, Neville," she enthuses. "Let's go!"

Gamebrain: He flushes, but nods.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Off to follow the tracks!

GM: You follow the tracks. They're a bit old; about a day old, in fact. It takes a few hours to reach where they end, a small forest off the beaten path, and near the center of the field.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione looks around. "...We'd better be careful. If he's here, he could set this forest on fire."

Gamebrain: "..."

Nods.
Armor's Ring
GM: You enter the grove and find... well, that's not what you were expecting. There's a Baknamy (basically a goblin) sitting on the side of a pond in the forest.

It doesn't seem to have noticed you.

Hm. Easy mistake; the footprints look like they'd belong to the guy.

No harm done.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione glances at Neville and makes a 'let's just back away slowly' gesture.

Gamebrain: He nods and attempts to.

GM: Stealth check, please.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 7.

Gamebrain: 6

GM: The goblin stirs as Neville's armor clanks a bit. It looks about...

GM: Make another Stealth Check.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 8.

Gamebrain: 6 again.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Oh boy.

GM: And as you try to move out of sight, your armor clanks again, and the Baknamy sees you.

It gets up, and gives you a mean look.

Battle Start. The foe's at Long Range from you.

Aldraia Dragonsong: And me with my extreme lack of ranged combat ability...

Gamebrain: I have none.

GM: Course, there is always another option. You can just make an escape check. Or you can move toward the guy.

Gamebrain: and am I correct in saying our HP mp from last time has refilled?

GM: Yeah. Unless you've had that cut on your cheek for a YEAR.

Aldraia Dragonsong: I like the "run for it" option.

"...Run!"

8 on Escape.

Gamebrain: Neville waits to make sure Hermione gets out first.

(Because PALLY YO! (Even though he's not very good at it.))

GM: She FLEES FOR HER LIFE!

Luckily you guys are in the BEST position possible to flee.

Gamebrain: 9 for Nev.

GM: You run for it, armor clanking all the way, but it doesn't matter because there are loads of trees and bushes and other difficult terrain to move through to get to you.

Gamebrain: "Huff...huff...sometimes...I...really hate...this armor..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione does not reply, needing all her breath for running.
Reunion
GM: You all make it back to the road, where a Teleport Crystal sits.

(Just as a means for you to check in and for Book to jump in if he wants.)

Gamebrain: Is he here? I was did not see.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione leans against the Crystal, breathing harshly.

GM: (He's here, and catching up)

You transfer a minute (as in, not even ONE MP. It may just be a different kind of magic, haven't worked that out yet) amount of magic into the crystal, and send it to life.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Can we call Ginny with this?

GM: Yep.

"Hermione? You alright?" The crystal echoes in Ginny's voice.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Mostly... ran into a baknamy. We elected to just run rather than try to fight it."

"Haven't found Dolce yet."

Bookworm: *ZZAAPP*!

Seamus looks around, still smoking a bit.

GM: "Just dispatched Seamus. Did he make it there alright?"

Bookworm: "Just a little disorient-" Seamus steadies himself on a tree trunk. "Whoo, that's a doozy."

GM: "I'd feel better knowing you two had the extra help. Luna and I will hold things down here."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione keeps an eye on Seamus to make sure he stays upright.

Bookworm: "Heard someone was giving my profession a bad name. Had to come after that."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Good to have you with us."

GM: "Call me if you need anything else, okay?"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Thank you, milady."

GM: "The thanks is yours. Now, if I can just get this pile down a little more..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Good luck." Hermione steps back from the crystal and leaves Ginny to her work.

GM: You hear the shuffling of papers... And then a LOT of shuffling papers, as though an entire stack just collapsed.

"ACK! BUGGER-"

The crystal's connection turns off.

Gamebrain: "Erm. I can try and look for his tracks again. Though after last time I don't know..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: She turns to Seamus.

"We're still trying to figure out where he might have gone... any suggestions?"

Bookworm: *peruses skills* Yeah, I'm not seeing anything helpful here.

"Your guess is as good as mine. Though, personally, I'd totally try to find a pad in one of those wrecked airships."
(The session ended here, and the mission was continued a few days later…)
GM of Kingdom Hearts VD: Visions of Destiny. You never know who you'll run into next. Until your Vision shows you.
JamestheFox

Re: FFd6 Campaign Log: Ginny Weasley and the Grimore of Drea

Unread postby JamestheFox » September 29th, 2014, 7:10 pm

The Hunt For Dolce Continues
GM: With Seamus added to the party, Neville and Hermione returned to the task at hand: capturing the petty criminal and magick-worker Dolce.

Bookworm: What a tool. In any case, onwards!
...Where are we going?
GM: Indeed. Where *are* you going? You already tried a grove after following some tracks. That... didn't go down so well.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ruined airships, I believe.

Bookworm: Right, check some of those beasties out.
GM: Well, there's plenty to choose from. You're ABOUT an equal distance from Garriland and Eagrose. And there's a few airships in both directions, as well as a few near here.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione surveys the area. "Under the circumstances, I don't think splitting up would be a good idea," she says. "Spiral search pattern?"

Bookworm: "Seems reasonable. Bound to be around here somewhere."

Aldraia Dragonsong: So, unless Neville protests, off we go, searching in a spiral for maximum efficiency!

Gamebrain: He will not. But keeps an eye open for tracks or signs of the guy.

Bookworm: As shall we all.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Indeed.

GM: You reach the first of the Airships in your pattern. It's a WRECK. All dirty and filthy inside. Debris EVERYWHERE.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Certainly looks like the kind of place a nefarious criminal would hide.

GM: Not somewhere someone would live in unless they had no other choice.

Gamebrain: "...ummm, we might want to be careful of the panthers. They're looking kind of...agressive."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione looks where Neville is looking.

Bookworm: "...Right. Panthers. Maybe we should be somewhere else."

GM: They're a bit hard to see, but they're there, wandering in a pack.
(by the way, Panthers look like this in Ivalice, just so you know:
http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb2013 ... ii.png)

Their eyes glow a little in the dim light of the setting sun.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "...Yes. Let's... just move on. This one does not look likely in any event."

GM: You continue on, and sure enough, as you step out, the shifting of weight causes a few pieces of the airship to give and collapse. Nothing too major (the whole thing didn't crumble completely), but you're even LESS sure about the structural integrity of these ancient airships than you were before.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Going around in a spiral still seems like our best bet. We can keep an eye out for any other likely spots.

Bookworm: Okay, so, not the airships.

GM: You continue onwards, keeping an eye on the Panther pack.

Gamebrain: Nature check for tracking?

GM: Sure.

GM: You find a few more Panther Tracks, but nothing that looks even remotely human.

Bookworm: Woo, 10!

GM: (On what?)

Bookworm: Nature. For tracking.

GM: Noted.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 7. I do not have Nature trained. Definitely not enough. Come to think of it, did the mission posting give any description of Dolce?

GM: Dolce is a Nu Mou. A fair bit taller than the part-moogle Nu Mou (Hermione) you have walking with you now. Brownish hair. Dark robes.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Righty-o.
GM: None of the tracks you've seen so far seem to fit that description too well, other than the Baknamy's.

Bookworm: ...Maybe the Baknamy was Dolce!

Aldraia Dragonsong: Prooobably not.

GM: *Sound of rolling dice*

Aldraia Dragonsong: ...That is rarely good.

GM: You see smoke rising from the distance, nearer to Garriland than you are now. A few purple sparks of magic are flying into the sky wildly.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione points. "That looks likely."

Bookworm: "Well, that makes our job easy! Let's go!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: Off to investigate the smoke and sparkles!

Gamebrain: Allons-y!
Dolce Fight (AKA Magic is BS)
GM: You approach a forest, and start to hear a voice.

"Finally, after all the turmoil I've gone through, a stroke of luck! I'll be rich! Rich I tell you! I... I just hope none of those kooky bounty hunters saw that. Oh.. that could have gone better. Much better. But it doesn't matter now!"

You hear a cackle.

"Finally, no more having to degrade myself to such measley resturants. No more!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: On after the voice~!

Bookworm: That voice is conveniently suspicious! Go to it!

GM: It doesn't take long to reach a clearing. You see your guy.

What appears to be some kind of half-zombie, half-robot Baknamy is with him. "Finally, the ability to revive the dead without them becoming mindless beasts hungering for brains! It's MIIIIIINNNNEEE!!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I don't think you'll be getting rich off of that," Hermione points out, stepping into the clearing.

GM: "Ack!"

Bookworm: "Because we'll steal the idea and then *we'll* get rich off it!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "...Seamus..." Hermione groans.

Bookworm: Seamus looks from Hermione to Neville. "Was...was that not the plan?"

Gamebrain: "...z-zombies. It had to be z-zombies."

GM: "Er... Don't you see?" Dolce says, gesturing wildly towards the Baknamy, and a Panther next to it that's in the same shape. "They're completely back to life, with no repercussions! With this horrible war going on, I'm sure COUNTLESS people would love to have thier lost loved ones back! And I can give it to them! For a... nominal fee, of course."

Bookworm: "Also, clarification: Are you Dolce?"

GM: "Er... Yes. Please! Please don't turn me in! I can make enough money to pay back the food I stole, now that I have this!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Dolce... they're /not/ completely back to life," Hermione points out.

Bookworm: "Well...yeah, clearly there are some bugs to tweak. But the concept is sound, how did you *do* that?"

GM: "Oh? Is it the growling? Don't worry, that's just because these are monsters. If I used a person for this, they'd be able to walk and talk..." His face gets ugly at Seamus' question. "No. Noooo... You'd just steal my invention from me. Mine. MINE. I'm the one who worked so hard and suffered so long for it!"

Gamebrain: "It's...its still a zombie."

Bookworm: "But it's a *thinking* Zombie, Neville. A Thinking. Zombie."

GM: He jumps behind his creations. "Nooo. I won't let you steal what's mine!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "The idea of reviving the dead is not without merit, but this isn't a true revival, it's a mockery!" Hermione says, exasperated.

GM: "Don't lie to me! You're just jealous! My dear friends, I've brought you back to life! Please, aid me now!"

The Baknamy shuffles a bit, getting into a fighting stance and cracking its knuckles. The Panther growls.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione sighs. "I did hope we could resolve this without violence." She was not counting on it, but she hoped.

Gamebrain: (Like are these obviously undead? Because...Pally is trained to kill these.)

GM: (They're mixes of dead-and-rotting-but-moving flesh, living flesh, and machine parts. And a fair bit of dark magick.)

Bookworm: (Awesome! I would *kill* for this guy's notes.) That's *Black* magic, James.

Gamebrain: (No. That's dark. Black just means you blow shit up with it.)

Aldraia Dragonsong: Oh no no, black magic is completely acceptable. *Dark* magic is terrible stuff. Although dark-ELEMENT magic is not.

Bookworm: But...I have Zombie on my spell list.

Aldraia Dragonsong: ...Seriously?

Bookworm: Yes.

GM: Black Mages get that kind of stuff, too. It just depends on how far you go with it.

Gamebrain: "Y-you're messing with things you shouldn't be. I...I can't let you continue to do that."

Bookworm: Seamus huffs.

GM: The foes are a Medium distance from you, except Dolce, who is a Long Distance from you.

Bookworm: Do me a solid, geek the mage a bit.

Aldraia Dragonsong: On it.

Gamebrain: (Yeah...that's gonna be a problem. Because um...Paladin. Not exactly mix with Necromancer verry well.)

Bookworm: (It's only a *little* bit of necromancy!)

Aldraia Dragonsong: (It is on the list of spells he *can* learn, that does not mean he knows it.)

GM: (And Zombie only temporarily turns foes into undeadish things, last I checked.)

Gamebrain: (James fluffed the family as "Undead are Bad KILL ON SIGHT.")

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Jealous? Of this travesty? You've mixed life, death, and machine and called it restoration of life! Do you have any idea what you're doing?! If they're aware, they're in horrible pain right now, between the prostetics and the putrefaction! I respect what you're trying to do, but your reasons are appalling, and you don't have the necessary background knowledge!"

GM: "Do you mean to call me a fool!?" Dolce growls.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Yes!"

GM: "AARGGGHHH."

Gamebrain: Neville draws his sword and swallows nervously.

(Seamus is GMPCed at this point, while Book goes to get some stuff done.)

GM: Okay, so, you can move forwards, attack, prepare a spell... That sort of thing. Battle has started, and you guys have first move.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (And yes, Zombie is a spell that temporarily turns creatures zombie-like, whereas Arise turns dead bodies into loyal undead servants and is generally considered dark and bad.) Okay, I actually want to try using Cure on the undeadish creatures. It hurts zombies sometimes...

GM: Okay. So unless that's your Fast Cast of the fight, that's your turn, then?

Aldraia Dragonsong: Yeah. Save the Fast Cast for later.

GM: Seamus will start a Slow Action to cast Fire.

Gamebrain: Neville will cast Ruse.

GM: Okay, so that's your Slow Action... That means it's the baddies' turn.

"Why you... Let me show you another spell I developed. They called me mad...! But who's laughing now!? *EXPELLIARMUS MAXIMUS!*"

A shockwave flies forward, smashing into Hermione and pushing at her hands.

Also, damage.
Gamebrain: Ignored.

GM: It only targets one person. And he's after Hermione for calling him a fool.

Gamebrain: Aw.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione tries to tighten her grip on her precious staff.

I am so confused. What am I supposed to do here?

GM: Basically... it hits, it deals damage, and on an opposed Force Check it disarms. And the damage targets your M.Arm stat. So that's what you use to reduce damage.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Armor just subtracts from damage, right? Damage - armor = actual damage?

GM: Yeah, that's how it goes.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ahh. Force check 8.

GM:Is that with two dice and your Force Stat? Because I rolled 8+3 Force.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 6+2 Force.

GM Your staff flies out of your hands and a short distance away. Luckily it didn't interrupt your spell...

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione gasps sharply from pain, but forces herself to complete the spell.

GM: Meanwhile, the minions move a bit, stalking towards you. The Baknamy is focusing energy into its hands, and the Panther's eyes are literally GLOWING.

(Slow Actions initiated)

Aldraia Dragonsong: Ah yes, minions.

GM: "Come now, boys, fear not! I'm right behind you! We shall wipe THESE fools from Ivalice, and then we can use my Magick to change the world!"

Your turn. First, your spells go off.

Gamebrain: Allie?

Aldraia Dragonsong: Where are the minions in relation to each other? *is unused to multi-turn spellcasting*

GM: The undead experiments are within Close Range of each other, and within Close Range of you, I think.

Gamebrain: Did they move forward?

GM: They did. They STALKED forward.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Then, umm... drat it, Cure is single-target in this one... Use Cure on the baknamy, I suppose.

GM: Okay. Sparkles of light strike the creature, which screams in agony. "WAAAAAAEHGIESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!"

"No, my dearly restored friends!"

Gamebrain: Neville utters a weird, garbled incantation that almost sounds like he miscast something, and begins to shimmer and blur in a rather uncomfortable to look at fashion, then tromps forward and awkwardly swings his sword at the Panther.

8 to hit. 13 for damage.

GM: The hit mostly glances off the metal parts of the Panther's body. It growls angrilly at Neville.

A fireball flies from Seamus' palm, and engulfs the Baknamy. Metal melts, rotten flesh burns... The Baknamy is SCREAMING in sheer pain. The Baknamy is reduced to nothing but slag and ash.

"NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" Dolce screams. "What did they ever do to you!? I mean, uh... other than threaten you! Look, you're the one who intruded and called them mockeries! YOU'RE THE BAD GUY!"

Okay, you can make another move, too.

Bookworm: Back.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hm, I do not have enough MP for another spell, so... going to retreat a little, get my back up against something.

GM: Ally, you sure you don't have enough MP? 7 is enough for another Cure.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Wait, right, so it is. Am I allowed to set up a second slow action on the same turn that one goes off?

Gamebrain: Yes.

GM: Yep.

Gamebrain: They go off just before your next turn starts. They dont affect the turn itself.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Then I prepare a second spell.

Bookworm: And now, this turn. Is Dolce still unmolested?

GM: (He is.)

Bookworm: You are all worst mage-geekers.

Bookworm: Well, then. Gotta geek the mage miself.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Whaaat? I geeked at him like you said!

Bookworm: James just said he's totally fine. You hit him?

GM: No one whacked, him, did they?

Aldraia Dragonsong: ...'Geek' does not mean 'say geeky things at'?

GM: He's kinda safely behind the undead.

Gamebrain: Hard to mess with him when he's got zombies in front of him.

Bookworm: Well, my spells are medium ranged. So let's do this!

Gamebrain: So you can't touch him.

GM: He's Far/Long/WHATEVER IT'S CALLED Range from you unless you get closer.

Bookworm: He's *that* far away? Dang. Were we just yelling at him that entire conversation?

GM: Range is relative in this game.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Yelling definitely happened at some point.

Bookworm: Short, Medium, Long.

GM: Which is weird. Long means different things based on the context, apparently.

Bookworm: Long is basically the range at which almost nothing happens.

GM: Long can be on the other side of a pond, or on the other side of a block. Which is WEIRD. I almost went with the ruleset that is provided that sets things up in a grid, and created a Roll 20 map for this, but I decided against it, for now.

Anywho. He's a relatively Long distance from you, so you're going to have to get a little closer.

... Hmm. Just reread it. Yeah, he'd be in Medium Range. I'm in the wrong here. I suck.

Bookworm: It's basically your choice. But if he is in medium range, I know what I'm doing with my turn.

GM: I'll say he's two medium ranges away, if that makes sense. Closer to one medium range and a short range away. (Though the PDF explictly warns against that sort of thinking...)

Yeah, just move a little closer to the undead and you'll be Medium Range from him. Your choice what to do about that.

Bookworm: Seamus pulls up a large ball of fire in a fraction of a second, which he immediately lobs right at Dolce. If he's still standing after that, he throws in a quick sleep spell while he's reeling from the blow.

32 damage on the Fire spell.

GM: Quick-casted/Spell o choiced?

Bookworm: Yep, Favored Spell and Quickcast, respectively.

GM: "ACK!" The guy recoils a bit, and you can see mechanical muscles under his singed sleeves. Okay. Force check. You get +1 to yours.

Bookworm: Wait, why only +1?

GM: Because reasons... D'oh! *Looks at Dolce's data.* Immunity to Sleep. So belay that.

Bookworm: Wait what.

Gamebrain: He roboted himself.

Bookworm: Damn you, Dolce!!

GM: "Ha! Did you think I would even think of trying these things on others if I couldn't do it for myself!? My muscles, atrophied from years of studying... I couldn't bear it! So I brought them up to snuff with this!"

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione is so *very* disturbed.

GM: "Knowledge truly IS power! Over life! Over death! These biomagimechanikal muscles will change Ivalice for the better... forever~!" He begins charging a spell. Meanwhile, the Panther fires a laser at Neville (Slow Action ended, Laser Eyes), followed by a claw slash. 28 damage from the lasers...

Gamebrain: Hold up. Need to check for hit.

GM: Magic doesn't need Accuracy.

Gamebrain: The hell it doesn't.

GM: That's how we've been rolling it, right? Magic automatically hits. And Laser Eyes is Blue Magic. The claws do need Accuracy, though.

Bookworm: Magic needs no accuracy, it hits automatically. That is explicit.

GM: It's the status effects involved that need checks.

Gamebrain: Well that's kind of bullcrap.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Where does it say that? *is flipping through rulebook looking at things*

GM: Pg 218 has it at the bottom.

Gamebrain: Wee, I'm going to get two shotted then.

GM: Anywho. (4+3)+1 to hit.

Gamebrain: miss.

GM: Thought it might. Dang Magic hits hard. Especially against PCs.

The laser burns into you, but you manage to dodge the followup.

Okay, your moves. Hermione's spell goes off.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Cast Cure on... better make it Neville.

GM: Roll the healing amount.

Aldraia Dragonsong: 32.

Gamebrain: Didn't you already direct it at the enemy? Don't think you can swap targets like that.

Aldraia Dragonsong: I think you direct the spell when it goes off? *checks*

GM: I.... have no idea. I don't remember. I know MP only is lost if the spell goes off.

Gamebrain: Pretty sure you have to note the target when you being the action.

Aldraia Dragonsong: The rulebook is ambiguous. It says you have to declare that you are initiating a slow action, but not whether you have to note a target for targetted actions.

Bookworm: Your call, James. I stand by your decision.

GM: Hmmm.... Okay, I'm going to say you are simply gathering the energy for the spell, and then unleashing it in whatever direction you wish at the beginning of your turn.

(Honestly rolled for two possible interpretations, got that)

Aldraia Dragonsong: Works for me. (Of course, that means that applies to our opponents as well.) So Neville is all better.

GM: (The other was FFT's version where you choose an area and if your foe leaves that area, tough break)

Aldraia Dragonsong: (That would have been... irritating.)
Hermione quickly changes targets, reaching out to heal Neville rather than blasting their foes.

GM: I think I'll rule one or the other based on the action. For spells, I go with the first interpretation.
Okay, with that it's your turn proper.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Going to head over to where my staff dropped and pick it up. With my MP gone, I need it to hit things.

GM: Noted. Item Equipped as Standard Action. Neville and Seamus, what are you guys up to?

Bookworm: I'mma run up and hit that Dolce fella with a staff, if I can.

GM: I'd say he's a medium distance, so you may need to actually spend a turn running up to him. And you're all out of MP, I take it? Maybe you should consider investing in some Ethers at a later date.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Quite.

Bookworm: I don't have enough MP for Ethers to matter. I would get, like, 4 MP.

GM: So Seamus runs up after Dolce, and Neville...?

Gamebrain: Nev takes another swipe at the creature right there.

GM: That BARELY hits.

Gamebrain: Wee, 11 damage.

GM: "Why do you insist on annoying your better!?" Dolce growls. A fireball flies at Seamus. Then it splits, hitting everyone. (Fire at everyone.)

Aldraia Dragonsong: "I don't see any betters we're annoying," Hermione replies primly.

GM: 11 magical damage to everyone.

Gamebrain: Physical attacks are feeling rather out performed. Even if I had more PWR I still wouldn't be doing much. Especially compared to the magic you guys are tossing.

Neville braces himself in his armor, and comes out the otherside burnt and blackened.

Aldraia Dragonsong: In my case, at least, I am unable to use any more magic...

GM (A big contributer to your cruddy damage is that you have a measley Tier 1 sword. PWR times 1 isn't that much compared to PWR times 3. That said, later spells will probably only widen the gap here. THAT said, all of your allies are... well... out of MP, so that kinda says something right there.)

Bookworm: Haha! I am magically resistant!

Aldraia Dragonsong: I am... barely conscious!

GM: "I won't stop... I won't stop until... Ivalice... is bettered...!"

Bookworm: "I don't care! You're worth money!"

GM: He grins. "Am I worth money? Enough to make it worth it, boy?"

Aldraia Dragonsong: She is then forced to lean on her staff to stay upright, thanking her lucky stars that she is somehow conscious and it is somehow intact.

Bookworm: "It hasn't been *that* hard. You led us right to you."

GM: He rips off his cloak, revealing an array of runes on mechanical muscles all over him. "Physical attacks are not my favorite, but for you I'll make an exception!" He throws a superpowered punch.
8 for ACC. At Seamus. 13 physical damage if it hits.

Bookworm: It does. Seamus's face has seen much better days.

GM: The Panther, meanwhile, slashes at Neville again. 9 for ACC
Gamebrain: Meets

GM: 13 damage. Annnd your turn again.

Gamebrain: Claws rake across the battered armor at his chest and manages to get through in places, drawing blood as before he can rear back from the strike, and bring his sword down in a overhead chop. 7ACC. 12 damage.

GM: +1 Acc for the description. The beast is still too close to dodge away. The beast growls at the hit, but like you it's nicely armored against such blows.

Hermione and Seamus still have a move to make.

Bookworm: "I am getting *so sick of you*!" Brain him! Brain him with my brain staff! ...5. Hey, that might hit! Black Mages. So squishy.

GM: Not enough.
Bookworm: Dang it! What, he has a dex of 8+?

GM: He has an AVD of 8. Most of it comes from his Notorious and Humanoid status, it looks like.

Bookworm: Oh, right. Enemies use completely different abilities. So, he's not even a Black Mage. What a liar.

GM: He just happens to have three Black Magic spells. And if I wanted to use it, enough MP to burn everyone to the ground. Geez, Monsters. Just... Geez. Not even fair. At all.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione is badly battered, her robes singed, her hair a frizzy mass from the heat, and the poofy tip of her tail smoking faintly. Somehow, though, she dredges up the energy to stagger up behind Dolce and hit him on the head with the still-hot gear on the end of her staff.

GM: Your damage is Fire Element.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Heh. Accuracy, 10. Damage if that hits, 19.

GM: That hits. "Eaaghh!" He groans at the heated hit. "I... I could end you all in an instant! AN INSTANT! Eaggh... Eaaagghhh...!" He growls. "Fine then... If you... would see my work destroyed... For the sake of your... little bounty... then... I'll take it with me... to the grave... You all can join me... in the afterworld!"

Final Attack: Miniflare

GM: This attack targets all within Short Range of the user as an explosion fires out of him.

Snakeeyes. Total Acc 6. That hit jack?
Or squat?
Or jack squat?

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione is knocked back by the blast, slamming into the ground with a force that leaves her unconscious, horrible burns all over her body.

Bookworm: Why would you think that wouldn't hit us?

Gamebrain: I'm the only one that wouldn't hit.

GM: Just because, Snakeeyes.

Aldraia Dragonsong: I do not even need to know the damage, I had two HP left.

Bookworm: I also have 2 hp left.

GM: Then you're both down.

Gamebrain: Neville's all on his own is he? Greeeat. And still got the freaking cat to deal with.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Against the undead doom panther, yep. Hey, at least it is ONLY the panther.

GM: Dolce collapses. "Hahah... Live... my friend... live...." He collapses and dies... you think.

The Panther looks at its reviver. It howls, and makes to escape.

8 on an Escape Roll. If you're chasing, he doesn't get away.

Gamebrain: Yeah.

GM: You're still going after it?

Gamebrain: (Let an undead get away? Yeah, I'm sure that'd go over well, no matter how much he wants to.)
Do You Feel Like a Hero Yet, Neville?
GM: You chase it into the forest, hot on its trail. It's having trouble getting out. It's giving pitiable howls and cries as it goes.

Your move.

Gamebrain: "I-I can't. You shouldn't be alive this way." He attacks, sword in hand, but not really with his heart in it.

GM: Okay. Roll Accuracy. -1 to Acc due to... hesitation.

GM: That's enough.

Gamebrain: 13.

GM: You strike true. It screeches, and lies prone. It's still... can you call this alive? You can still hear its sorrowful cries coming from it.

(Wow, this got much darker and sadder than I was expecting.)

Gamebrain: (You really trying to break him? Because you're freaking with his mind hard.)

Aldraia Dragonsong: (*patpat*)

GM: (Do it Nev. Do it for daddy! Get in the robot, Shinji!)

Gamebrain: (Seriously I have no clue what to do.) It's obviously been dead before right?

GM: Yeah. A majority of the flesh is properly necrotized. There are chunks of flesh sewn on that look like they were and are quite alive. But most of it, including the head, is 100% zombie.

(We're going to have to have a solo meeting between you and Ginny. It's her job as Clan Leader to try and help in these situations.)

Gamebrain: Neville walks closer to where its lying, and stops for a moment with his sword in hand. He knows what he's expected to do, but... "I...I'm sorry. I can't. I have to..."

GM: By Clan Law, you've done your job, or most of it, already. All you need to do to fulfill those obligations is bring Dolce (or his corpse) back to town to be collected by the Judges. But it's your Longbottom obligations that are the problem, huh?

Gamebrain: Maybe. But that's not the only thing he's worried about.

GM: Suffer not the dead to live again. Big morality choice. Will you hold true to your family's legacy, or will you, for once in your life, stand against those traditions?

Trevor hugs you comfortingly. He's a little singed, but okay otherwise. He's a tough little guy.

Gamebrain: "I-I don't know what to do."

GM: The undead looks at you, and closes its eyes. It has ceased its cries.

Gamebrain: (I really don't know what to do. Because its still a bit early for him to be going that much against his family, but you really aren't making it easy because its all pitiful an stuff.)

Bookworm: Standing in horrified indecision is doing something.

Gamebrain: That's pretty much all he's doing.

GM: The undead are not meant for this world, your father would say. It isn't always their fault. They are to be pitied in these cases... but it is your duty as a Longbottom to strike them down, and send them to where they belong.

(If you continue to stand in indecision, I'll roll another Escape Roll.)

Bookworm: (Fun and quirky tone, huh?)

GM: (I know. I suck. We've suddenly dived into the FFT War of the Lions side.)

Gamebrain: He kneels down next to the creature, and braces his sword.

"I-I'm sorry this happened. But y-you don't belong here anymore.."

He brings the blade down, as quickly and painlessly as possible.

(You had to do this. :P Nev's gonna be a freaking MESSSSSS. AHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhh.)

GM: The creature returns to whence it came.

Aldraia Dragonsong: (Poor, poor little Neville.)

GM: (I kinda made it a What You Are in the Dark situation. A little too early of one. You could have let it go, and no one would ever have had to know.)

Gamebrain: (A little bit, if you didn't want him to put the thing down.)

GM: (I had no expectations for what would happen. I just saw a chance for a character moment and took it.)

Gamebrain: (He would freak about it for EVER, had he let it go. and that close to his home? What are the chances of it not getting found?)

GM: With that, the engagement is over.

Gamebrain: Neville trudges back to the others and tends to them to get them up, dead silent the entire time.

Bookworm: Actually, we wake up automatically.

GM: When the others wake up, the remains of the undead Baknamy have faded. Dolce is still down. He might be dead. You're not sure. It's hard to tell with the mechanical muscles.

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione sits up slowly, putting a hand to her head. "Urgh... Neville? Are you all right?" Seamus gets no question because he is very obviously not all right.

Gamebrain: He just shakes his head. "C-can we just go home."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "That... sounds like a good idea."

Bookworm: "Ugh. My everything. Yeah. Home is good. Someone tie up the cyborg before he wakes up and gets more bright ideas."

GM: You do so, and begin the trek back to Garriland.

Gamebrain: (its so much easier to kill the undead when they're brain munching crazies)
Debriefing
GM: When you arrive, about a day later, a Judge comes to your Base to collect Dolce.

"... What was he doing, out there?" The Judge asks.

Aldraia Dragonsong: "...I don't even have words," Hermione says tiredly.

GM: "Petty theft and dine and dashing seems... beneath someone like this." He points to the mechanical parts. "We knew he was working dangerous Magicks... but... But I can't imagine what use such things as this would be to him."

Bookworm: "Tell that to my damn spine. It still pops funny."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Those are... mechanical replacements for his muscles, so he claims." It is plain that the concept still disturbs Hermione.

Bookworm: "And let me know if you find his notes!"

GM: The Judge turns to face you all. "It matters little. If he ever awakens, we'll find the truth soon enough. For now, though..."

QUEST COMPLETE!
The Clan recieved 500 Gil. It was divided amongst the Clan members. 100 Gil each.
1 EXP for a Arc Complete.
2 EXP for the Boss fight.
1 EXP for the Session.

"Thank you, Judge..." Ginny starts.

"... Weasley." The Judge replies.

GM: "Eh?" Ginny looks a little surprised.

"Judge Percival Weasley. You did well as a Clan leader. Dumbledore was right to assign you a Blessing. Now, I have business to attend to..." He grabs Dolce, and they both vanish.

"W-wait!" Ginny just stands there. "... Uh..."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "...So that's your brother?"

GM: "... Yeah. I... guess." She frowns. "It's so weird. I... I didn't even... recognize him."

Bookworm: "Always thought the Weasley's were more...*not that*."

GM: "He's always been... well... uptight, but he didn't even bother to say anything to me as a brother."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "When one takes on the mantle of a Judge... things... change," Hermione says quietly. She looks off into the distance, seeing something no one else is. "I can't say I have personal experience... but Judges can't get too personal. He might have meant saying you did well as brotherly."

GM: Luna puts a hand on Ginny's shoulder. "Judges are bound to their duty, kupo... And it looks like him, moreso than others."

Ginny nods. "I had read as much... but..." She shakes her head. "Right... So. Hermione, Neville, Seamus, could you give me a full report on the mission?" She opens the book she keeps with her at all times, proportedly to take notes.

Aldraia Dragonsong: She shakes her head as well, and comes into focus.
"It took us a while to find him, but when an experiment of his produced smoke and purple sparks, it was pretty obvious where he was. He was... trying to invent a spell to bring the dead back to life, kupo. What he had produced was more of an abominable amalgamation of zombie and mechanical creature."

Bookworm: "Worked pretty well."

GM: Ginny nods. "Okay. Well, it's a good thing you captured him."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "It was close. He's a powerful mage."

Bookworm: "Mage nothing. I know Black Magic, and that was something else."

Aldraia Dragonsong: "It was some kind of magic. Unless he had a bomb... even then, though, the fire had to be magic."

GM: "... Thank you for embarking on this. I think you've all earned a break. This Gil we just recieved is just the forward payment. We'll be recieving the rest a little later, and that should hold us for a week or so." She frowns, looking at Neville, picking up on his silence. "If you need to talk about anything else, let me know. I'm here for you."

Gamebrain: He shakes his head, and heads for his room.

Bookworm: "...Did we miss something?"

Aldraia Dragonsong: "Presumably, yes. We were both unconscious for a while." Hermione looks after Neville worriedly.

GM: "... I'll talk with him, later," Ginny says. "I think I'll give him the chance to cool off, first."

Luna smiles. "And I'll make sure he listens, Kupo."

Bookworm: "And I'll...go take a nap. And schedule an appointment with a chiropractor."

Aldraia Dragonsong: Hermione rubs one eye. "I need to read a book and sleep."

Gamebrain: Neville locks himself in his room, with just Trevor in company, only rarely emerging.
"Our first mission a success, my weary clanmates returned to their rooms as ordered. I don't know how to thank them... but I'll find a way. With memories of Neville's pale gaze and the empty voice of my brother, I know I'll have a lot to think about tonight."
~The Gran Grimore, Ginny's Tale, Chapter 15

To Live Without Regrets
GM: On Stonemoon 24th, Neville Longbottom, heir of the Longbottom Knights, hears knocking on his door.

Gamebrain: *No answer at the first knock*

GM: "... Neville?" Another knock.

"You might need to knock harder, kupo."

Gamebrain: *second knock gets some shuffling around in the room heard but no answer*

GM: "Let me try, kupo." There's a pause. Then the door comes crashing down.

"Luna... now we're going to have to fix that...!"

Gamebrain: "GAAAH!" He falls back from where he was approaching the door, landing on his butt in a bag of potting soil. "Bloody hell!"

Lots of little pots with cuttings and sprouts are on shelves and the desk under the window, with various plant and plant related things strewn about. He's not wearing his armor, which is on a set of hooks on the wall nearest the door, his sword hung up next to it.

GM: "Sorry, Neville," Luna says. It's hard to tell if she's ACTUALLY sorry. She's got weird glasses on which cover her eyes.

"Sorry. Shouldn't have let her try," Ginny says. She gives Luna a scolding look, then steps forward.

"Wow... you really like gardening, huh?" Luna asks.

"You look like you're doing a good job of it," Ginny remarks.

Gamebrain: He flushes and looks away from Luna, mumbling a bit.

"I guess. One of the few things I don't muck up."

GM: "Have you ever considered taking it up... you know, as more than a hobby?" Ginny asks curiously.

Gamebrain: "NO." Neville quickly spits out, before he catches himself, and his tone shifts abruptly from angry to something else. "U-uh. I mean. No. I'm a Longbottom. Certain things are expected of me. I have...duties." He sighs and picks up a pot that had been knocked over by the door falling.

GM: Ginny helps you clean up Luna's mess. "I... I understand... I think, anyways." She stands a bit. "... My family have traditions... roles everyone's expected to fall into. But... I guess I'm a bit of a black sheep, being a mage instead of a dragoon or a priest or monk or some such. I like to think that my fams accepts me for who I am..." She seems to be reflecting on something. "... But I'm... not so sure, anymore."

(It's common knowledge that the Weasley Family usually follows paths passed down from the Bangaa: Dragoons, Templars, Warriors, Bishops, Tricksters, and Monks.)

Gamebrain: "Ever since I was little I've been trained for this. and dad is so good at it, and Gran looks so proud of him. But I'm just..." He shakes his head as he starts repotting the seedling in the pot that was knocked over. "I just mess things up."

GM: "..." Ginny seems to be thinking. "Neville, did something happen, during that last mission?"

Gamebrain: He tenses up, but shrugs, facing away from her and focusing on the little seedling.

GM: "You've been really... down, recently."

"It's not wise to hide things, kupo," Luna says. "You do so too much, and eventually you start hiding from yourself." Luna nods. "And that way lies madness, kupo."

"..."

"Not my brand of 'madness,' kupo. Real madness."

Gamebrain: "I don't..."

GM: "Neville. Hermione and Seamus mentioned that your target was using some kind of experimental undead. Bad things happen when you mess with that kind of magick." Ginny mutters. "I... I can't imagine what exactly you must have experienced."

Gamebrain: "It wasn't like that." He says softly, as he sets the pot in the sun on his desk.

GM: "Then what was it like?" Luna asks

Gamebrain: "I've seen undead before. They scare me. All rotting flesh and teeth and coming after you, hurting people and wanting to eat them." He shudders at the thought. "T-these weren't that way."

GM: Luna tilts her head.

Gamebrain: "Yes it was still ugly and rotting and stuff. But..It just wanted to live. I...I chased it through the forest, and it was just trying to get away. It was hurt, and it knew I was going to kill it. It layed there, crying and hurt. And I just...

"I froze up. I just sat there staring at it. All I could think was "If I don't kill it, and anyone finds out, I'll be in so much trouble. Dad would never forgive me." But the way it looked at me when it was lying there..."

His shoulders shake a little where he is sitting.

GM: Ginny bows her head. "It... was aware...?"

Gamebrain: "It was an undead and it shouldn't have been alive. But it was hurt and scared and crying and then I killed it and I don't-" He cuts himself off.

Ginny puts a hand on his shoulder. A bit hard, considering how tall he is. Luna settles for patting his upper leg.

"You did the best you could. I... I can't say whether it was right or wrong."

"Nothing is absolutely true or false," Luna says. "Even the worst bad guys can have good in them, I believe. Even something that generally doesn't exist can still exist somewhere, kupo. I think you did both a small evil and a small good that night, kupo. It just depends on you whether the evil or the good was larger."

Gamebrain: He closes his eyes. "I hate that all I could think of was my dad."

GM: "Of what he would think?" Ginny asks.

Gamebrain: He shrugs, and almost looks like he's going to clam up.

GM: "Try... messing up, sometime," Luna says. "I do it all the time, kupo! And surprisingly, good things come out of it. I learn new things. And my mum never hates me for it."

Gamebrain: "...all I ever do is mess up. That's the problem."

GM: "Then maybe you or your dad are being too strict on what exactly is success," Luna says. "If you really do mess up THAT much, then put it to use. Think on your mistakes a little, but instead of wallowing in them, think about what you could do better, next time."

Gamebrain: "Or maybe I'm just a screw up. Can't use a shield right, can barely cast a spell, can barely hit something with a sword. Can't touch the light like he can."

GM: "Then maybe that's because your talent doesn't lie there," Ginny says. "I mean, look at all this. If you really wanted... you could do some amazing things with gardening."

"If I didn't know better than to assume magickal intervention first, I'd say you have a magick touch with plants," Luna says.

Gamebrain: He shakes his head. "I just do what I can with them. And I can't do anything else. I have to follow in my dad's steps. Its always been that way. I can't do anything else.

"I'm a Longbottom. I can't be anything else."

GM: Ginny frowns. "Maybe. But..." She pulls out her book, and looks at the pages, not really reading them. "... What has always been doesn't necessarily always stay that way." She finishes, closes the book, and turns away. "... That's something I've had to learn the hard way."

Luna's ears twitch downward at that.

Gamebrain: Neville doesn't say anything about that at this time. "I just want to make them proud of me."

GM: You don't see Ginny's reaction as she pulls up her cat-ear hood. "I think that's something everyone wants dearly. It's just a question of whether you do it on their terms or yours."

Gamebrain: "What did you...never mind."

GM: "I think I'll be going for a walk. Luna, it's on you to fix this door, and anything else you've wrecked, for Neville. Neville, I hope you find what you're searching for." She walks out the door, and heads towards the front desk and the front door.

Gamebrain: "er...Ginny?"

GM: "Hmm?" She stops just short of the exit.

Gamebrain: "...thanks for listening. U-um. I don't know how...er. If you ever..." He sighs. "Its nice to have someone to listen. S-sorry for dumping all that on you."

GM: "It's alright," She says. "As your friend, and a Clan Leader, it's just... right, right?"

Gamebrain: "...I...friend. right. Um...if you...If you ever need someone to listen...I can try." He turns back to what he was doing, head down.

GM: She walks out, leaving you and Luna. Luna shifts her goggles and turns towards the door. "Hmm... Well, I DO know a LITTLE time magick."

Gamebrain: Neville looks up from what he's doing to watch what Luna is about to do warily.

GM: She waves her staff a little, and rewinds the door, complete with the sounds of it being hit with whatever Luna used to bust it open, and the sounds of Ginny's knocking.

Gamebrain: "Well that...was interesting."

GM: She walks up to the door, and opens it from the inside. "Magick is an amazing thing... if you use it right. Mum loves it. Sometimes, I worry that she will go too far, and it'll blow up on her. But... it hasn't happened. I can only hope that it never does." She thinks for a bit. "... Even still, I love it too, Kupo! I want to understand it, just like she does. Even if, someday, I'm the one who it backfires on... I want to live without regrets, kupo."

Gamebrain: "...thank you for fixing my door."

GM: "You're welcome!"

Gamebrain: Neville goes back to whatever he was doing before the door went CRASH.
JamestheFox

Return to “%s” Role-Playing Games