A cold cruel universe

A cold cruel universe

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 3:42 pm

Does anybody here play Eve Online?
Kirai

Re: A cold cruel universe

Unread postby Darkandus » July 2nd, 2009, 3:49 pm

I did for a few hours. I couldn't stand it.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Dervon » July 2nd, 2009, 3:50 pm

Oh, I have a friend that does. He tried to get me into it, but it is just not my cup of tea, to be honest.

Love the Apocrypha intro, though. That intro is just pure awesome.
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 3:56 pm

Well it is a rather niche game I suppose^^

So I understand why you guys aren't interested. Well back to killing a few thousand pirates without remorse or second thoughts.
Kirai

Unread postby Darkandus » July 2nd, 2009, 4:14 pm

Ah that comment reminded me of this.
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 4:16 pm

I'm a demigod. What do I care what happens to the idiots who dare challenge me. They could have just gone away.
Kirai

Unread postby Darkandus » July 2nd, 2009, 4:18 pm

Do you have a Titan then? How many people were ever able to afford one of those again? Two in the entire history of the game or something?
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 4:22 pm

Lol no. But any player in eve is a demigod, we are pretty much immortal after all.

And no Titans aren't wuite that rare anymore. Still sucks to loose em though.

And I'm not that old yet barely a year. Pretty decent skills but nothing capital yet.
Kirai

Unread postby Dervon » July 2nd, 2009, 5:02 pm

You do know that, strictly speaking some of the stuff in the intro is false? Like "You are immortal". Nope, you died the first time you died. Then a clone took your place. The clone is not you, it is a copy. So you are actually dead for some time now. :D
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 5:10 pm

That would only be the case if the clone was actually a new conscience. Which it isn't. My conscience ergo myself, upon the destruction of my current body, it jumps into another body, another clone. I can do that without the dieing too. It's called a jump clone. Therefore i am immortal the weak flesh I inhabit isn't.

btw. out of curiosity why don't you like eve? I mean there are a lot of reasons not to like it^^ But is there anything in particular?
Kirai

Unread postby Dervon » July 2nd, 2009, 5:24 pm

Wait, but I though that jump clones aren't the standard fare, or so my friend tells me. You used JC to get to other places in a flash, but you used regular clones for everything else.

What I don't like? Uhm, nothing really in particular. Never been too big of a fan of the space-opera genera. And I kinda lack the time to really get involved in it.
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 5:30 pm

Wait, but I though that jump clones aren't the standard fare, or so my friend tells me. You used JC to get to other places in a flash, but you used regular clones for everything else.

What I don't like? Uhm, nothing really in particular. Never been too big of a fan of the space-opera genera. And I kinda lack the time to really get involved in it.
Well that's true, that's the primary use for a jumpclone. however it proves that the I, myslef, am not the flesh that dies but the information that resides in that flesh. If that information is transfered upon dead... well then I am obviously immortal.

Of course that doesn't mean I'm independet or impossible to kill. It does make it far harder though.

And fair enough to each his own^^
Kirai

Unread postby Dervon » July 2nd, 2009, 5:40 pm

Nonono, see, what you said makes perfect sense with the JCs, but with the regular you are "saving" yourself at a certain point. Thus consciousness isn't transferred in the regular clone's case.

Or something to that effect. :P
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 5:49 pm

Nope what you have is a certain amount of information a regular clone can hold if that amount of information is overstepped you lose the amount of inforamtion the clone can take at once. You don't make any saves per se.
Kirai

Unread postby Dervon » July 2nd, 2009, 5:51 pm

Oh. I thought you had to go and "update" clones if you learned something new.
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » July 2nd, 2009, 6:00 pm

Well that is what happens. However you don't update what the clone knows but how much information the clone can hold. So the first clone can hold dunno 800k in information the next 1 million and so on.

But the only time the clone gets any information is if you use it. Wheter as a jumpclone or because you died.
Kirai

Unread postby Phht » July 3rd, 2009, 12:49 am

I played Eve for 21 days on a trial account. Then I stopped because I didn't have the money to pay to keep playing. :(

I liked that game for casual play and wish I had the cash to subscribe and keep going.
Phht

Unread postby Kirai » July 3rd, 2009, 3:57 am

Weeeeeell I don't know wheter you can pull it off on a trial account. But if you somehow, anyhow manage to gather about oh 250 million isk within the trial period, might be more with the market as it is, you can just buy yourself some gametime with those isk. But, as I said, that could proof hard with only a trial account. Of course if you quickly join a pirate corp and manage to land a fat trader you might make that in one day.

Oh and you can be an effectiv pirate in two days^^
Kirai

Unread postby Phht » July 3rd, 2009, 5:49 pm

Nah, to pull that kind of money in would require Industrial ships and Exhumers more than likely, and those skills aren't trainable on a trial account.

And PvP isn't really my thing.
Phht

Unread postby Barbarian » September 21st, 2009, 6:09 am

Yup, I play the game of pure evil. Currently putzing around caldari space looking for junk to build+sell
Barbarian

Unread postby Kirai » September 22nd, 2009, 3:07 pm

Cool, what's your name? And when are you on, eve time?

I'm currently hanging out in providence but will move back to caldari space soon.
Kirai

Unread postby Barbarian » September 22nd, 2009, 6:35 pm

"Wandering Barbarian" (tend to use barbarian in all my netnames), and i dont really have a set gametime tbh, pretty much whenever i feel like :))
Barbarian

Unread postby Dervon » October 4th, 2009, 9:07 am

For better or for worse, I gave it a second try...

And find myself enjoying it immensely. :D

Name: "Xenu's Seeker" Heh...
Dervon

Unread postby Barbarian » October 13th, 2009, 6:23 am

Kirai, me and xenu have signed up with the three swords of light down in nullsec, they're part of the sylph alliance, and big CVA allies, though technically not a providence holder. Come on, join us down here :D nullsec is good fun, as long as you dont get shot up.
Barbarian

Unread postby Kirai » October 13th, 2009, 6:46 am

Kids, I've been shooting up providence enemys for the last few weeks, you guys can join me and my corp when we roam low and zero sec searching for things to shoot.;)

Well shooting and beeing shot at, lost quite a bit of isk to them as well. Mostly due to impatience^^
Kirai

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs