Final Fantasy Technical Demo on Playstation 3

Final Fantasy Technical Demo on Playstation 3

Unread postby Zerrat » May 7th, 2008, 6:13 pm

I want a modernised FFVII game. (IE works with XP/Vista for the PC version, Updated graphics to bring character design more in line with Advent Children) :D
*le gasp* Blasphemy! Don't you know FFVII is perfect and godly? ;) Yeah, I agree. Ever since they did that PS3 demo. A bit of that demo was used at the end of Crisis Core, I believe. Or something a lot like it.
Zerrat

Re: Introductions - Tell us a little about you!

Unread postby Alex Mcpherson » May 7th, 2008, 6:23 pm

I want a modernised FFVII game. (IE works with XP/Vista for the PC version, Updated graphics to bring character design more in line with Advent Children) :D
*le gasp* Blasphemy! Don't you know FFVII is perfect and godly? ;) Yeah, I agree. Ever since they did that PS3 demo. A bit of that demo was used at the end of Crisis Core, I believe. Or something a lot like it.
What PS3 demo?
*jumps up and down in excitement* you've got me interested.

Yes yes FFVII is godly but doesn't work with windows XP (the pc version) and my Playstation is broke and I dont have the money to buy a new system 2 or 3 nor an old copy of windows 98 hangin' round nor a system to run that - dont wanna ruin my dual core system with shiddy 98.

and when i looked at the cloud character graphics on the web taken from FFVII and then put on ADvent Children... ... cor that's one heck of a difference!

further to my introduction, I'm a rather giddy person close to midnight. *hops around and panics and stuff* :panic:
Alex Mcpherson

Re: Introductions - Tell us a little about you!

Unread postby Zerrat » May 7th, 2008, 6:58 pm

What PS3 demo?
*jumps up and down in excitement* you've got me interested.

Yes yes FFVII is godly but doesn't work with windows XP (the pc version) and my Playstation is broke and I dont have the money to buy a new system 2 or 3 nor an old copy of windows 98 hangin' round nor a system to run that - dont wanna ruin my dual core system with shiddy 98.

and when i looked at the cloud character graphics on the web taken from FFVII and then put on ADvent Children... ... cor that's one heck of a difference!

further to my introduction, I'm a rather giddy person close to midnight. *hops around and panics and stuff* :panic:
Uhm, demo, demo...

Here!

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/5846.html

There are better versions around (I have one downloaded from god only knows where) but it does the job. It's not a preview to any game, though. It was just a trailer to 'see what the PS3 can do'. Though some people DO speculate that a remake is on the cards after the success of Crisis Core.

Hm, I had an old game (Curse of Monkey Island) that wouldn't play, then somehow I got it to play as a '98 file. not sure how, but it worked. It got a bit strange though, didn't entirely agree with being played that way.
Zerrat

Re: Final Fantasy Technical Demo on Playstation 3

Unread postby runsamok » May 7th, 2008, 8:40 pm

That's a pretty nice demo. I split this discussion away from the introduction area since it belongs in the Gaming section. =)
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby Alex Mcpherson » May 7th, 2008, 8:43 pm

Good idea.

Any good fanfic that basically is the game in story/novel form? or indeed a proper novelisation? (a few games have them. even the sucky Star trek game, Starfleet Academy had one)
Alex Mcpherson

Unread postby Zerrat » May 8th, 2008, 8:49 am

Peptuck is a mostly FF8 author - he did a novellisation known as the Gunblade Saga that was particularly well-done. The sequel to the Gunblade Saga was The Legacy of the Chimera, which was rather Advent Children and epic. :)

I mention Peptuck because he also began a FF7 novellisation called Mako - it is creatively and originally done in Peptuck's own style. However, it only has six chapters up and is on hiatus. :x

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/2733896/1/Mako

Curse of Memory is a supposedly good novellisation, though it was written without Advent Children canon.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/1138642/1/Curse_of_Memory

After a quick search, I think Curse of Memory[/i might be your best shot.
Zerrat

Unread postby Alex Mcpherson » May 8th, 2008, 11:09 am

Cheers Z.
Although, the large paragraphs is a bit... daunting. :punch
Alex Mcpherson

Unread postby Zerrat » June 28th, 2008, 4:32 am

There's an interesting AU fic I've been reading when time permits.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/4119078/1/T ... to_Sunrise

It's basically Crisis Core-compliant, and it goes AU in that Zack survives. He already adds an interesting dynamic to the usual party.

But, anyhow. The latest trailer for Final Fantasy Dissidia is out. For those who don't know, it's a game to celebrate 20 years of Final Fantasy, and pits 10 heroes (From Final Fantasies 1 to 10, I believe) against their counterpart antagonists (say, Squall vs. Ultimeccia, Cloud vs. Sephiroth, the Warrior of Light vs. Garland). There is a story behind this all; two celestial beings (Chaos and Cosmos) want the heroes and the villains to duke it out to restore balance to the universe.

The FMV towards the end of the trailer was definately very entertaining, as was hearing the voices of a number of our favourite FF characters. Squall holding his own against Sephiroth? Tidus using the Jecht Mark II to propell Zidane through the air? The Warrior of Light facing down Sephiroth? It's so cheesy, yet I'm definately getting it.

You can find the latest trailer at

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/35593.html
Zerrat

Unread postby KingOfShippers » June 28th, 2008, 10:19 am

That's not the girl that does Naruto voicing Zidane is it?

hehe Kuja sounds almost as gay as I thought he'd be.
KingOfShippers

Unread postby Zerrat » June 28th, 2008, 9:45 pm

Yeah, I thought Kuja's voice was quite fitting - and I've always wanted to hear Squall (not Leon) talk. Can't really say about the Zidane/Naruto seyuu - I haven't watched the anime a lot, just the manga.
Zerrat

Unread postby unknown358 » June 30th, 2008, 3:07 pm

The joke is that Kuja is voiced by Akira Ishida, who voiced Gaara. This can't be a concidence.
unknown358

Unread postby Zerrat » July 3rd, 2008, 5:36 am

Do explain. I'm not making the (probably painfully obvious) connection. [/stupid]
Zerrat

Unread postby unknown358 » July 3rd, 2008, 12:38 pm

Zidane and Naruto share a voice actor. Kuja and Gaara share a voice actor. Zidane and Kuja are enemies.

That's basically it.
unknown358

Unread postby Zerrat » July 4th, 2008, 12:25 am

As embarrassingly obvious as I thought. :futile:
Zerrat

Unread postby KingOfShippers » July 8th, 2008, 12:43 pm

While we're somehwhat on the subject of FFIX, who else would like to see either a remake with better graphics or some more adventures from the IXverse, I mean more adventures from VII is good and all but IX was way more entertaining.
KingOfShippers

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs