Billy vs Snakeman (BvS)

Re: Billy vs Snakeman (BvS)

Unread postby Phht » October 9th, 2011, 4:00 am

So I've been mathing out my awesome collection goals in the future. Beat Glowslinging (20 pt), Start HQ, Unlock All Vertexes (20 pt), Unlock Jungle, Get Pocketwatch Working Again (20 pt), Complete Gears of War (Standing Tall - 20 pt), Achieve Protagonist Rank (20 pt). That's 100 awesome, and would put me at 890 total. It'd put me in the 350s rank-wise. :eek: Also working toward TACOCAT (20 pt) and Kunai Stands Alone (10 pt). Once I hit Protagonist, I plan on speedlooping up to S40s or maybe S54+ (then I can get Fully Cranked) unless new HQ comes out first.

Anyone else putting off working on pets to make tons of money off people via marketplace?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby raaaak » October 9th, 2011, 6:17 am

Yep. Unfortunately I had no stamina left when Pachinko was released so I missed the first buying frenzy. But it has still financed most of my bid to buy 33 entries in Over 11000 a day until November 11. Which should give me a 89% chance of getting one.
raaaak

Unread postby someone » October 9th, 2011, 3:35 pm

I'd also like
2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2
I don't have The Mark, so I'm not much help with the Bawg itself, but I'd suggest using this method first to find out what affects what, then focus on optimizing The Forest first so you'll receive more accurate results for less balls on the other settings.
someone

Unread postby serbii » October 11th, 2011, 3:48 am

The more I look at the Bawg the more I think I can't afford to throw all my stamina into it, not while I've still got worldkai to go. So apologies but I don't feel I can dedicate much to it at this point. Especially when there are lots of big groups competing for it right now and it'll all reset when someone gets it.
serbii

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 11th, 2011, 4:11 am

Alright, fair enough. I'm throwing all my stamina at it cause there is literally nothing else for me to do (other than looping or going back to farm worldkai). Viridia doesn't have the numbers to manage the bawg, even with a few friends joining in, anyway.

I have a friend in Monster who is putting a script thing together that will upload data to a server to remove the need for this horrid spreadsheet. Presumably the server will do some analyzing, too, but that hasn't been working out so far. Once it is done (sometime tomorrow or the day after, most likely), I'll post the links here.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » October 11th, 2011, 4:47 am

I am of the belief that Pachinko is the Stamina/RP verison of RoboFighto. Which is why I only spend bits of stamina on hitting the first two machines.

And much like RF, I've already written off ever getting the trophies for Pachinko.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 23rd, 2011, 11:00 am

And I thought the village page needed an overhaul before I was made kage! This is insanity! There are little buttons and forms and menu things everywhere!

Funny thing that most players don't get a chance to read:

"Name your Nonjas! They'll sit there with little collect marks, shaming your idle ninjas into working for the village."

----------

As a reminder, Kaiju Drop Award Program will still be going on, but all those drops just sitting in the storehouse will now be included (still just a rate of 1/day). If there are perms in the storehouse that you are interested in, please message me. I'll wait a few days before raffling out any of the more expensive ones.

For future reference, the 100 weekly RP will be given out on Thursday. RP will carry on as usual, though the announcement will be updated to remove the daily raffle that I don't think has been held in ages. Also, for my sanity, RP for invasions and spying will be given out once a day (probably at the same time I log on to summon a kaiju). So if you didn't get RP for something and it is after the next day's kaiju has been summoned, you probably need to pester me.

----------

Ok, question time:

Do people want me to bother with the daily Snakeman or no Snakeman game (costs 50k village ryo to give a single villager a free one, once per day)?

Does anyone want to be in charge of Public Relations for the village (and think they can do a good job)? This would entail creating a BvS forum thread for recruitment, possibly designing a new recruitment blurb (though the one we have right now is pretty good), and whatever else you can think of to get more villagers. If no one's really interested, I'll put up a recruitment thread in a day or three...

Is anyone interested in hard bingos being arranged for people to get ninpo mask? I've been thinking about arranging a ninpo mask run for quite some time, but have never actually gotten around to it. This could also double as a good way to get new people into the village. I doubt many will stay, but they might send alts if they like it enough.

Does anyone have any other ideas for the village? Things you've heard some other villages do, new ideas, or whatever you can think of that would benefit members.

Whew!
Lthayer3

Unread postby Wittgen » October 23rd, 2011, 11:10 am

Hard bingos are for sabofac villages only. I'm not opposed to going sabo, but it's worth noting.
Wittgen

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 23rd, 2011, 11:15 am

Oooh, good point. Didn't think about that. That would make arranging ninpo considerably more difficult.

Does anyone want to go Sabo? I suspect we'd get attacked at least slightly more often, but I don't honestly know for sure. I think we'd also have more spy and attack targets (more rp given out, maybe better invasion possibilities).

Blerg. I probably need to worry about making it more difficult for people to bingo me, now, don't I?
Lthayer3

Unread postby Wittgen » October 23rd, 2011, 11:19 am

I hadn't taken any bingo precautions for months and months. In the current environment, with resources being extremely plentiful and any significant defense being both quite costly and quite ineffective, it didn't feel worth it to me.
Wittgen

Unread postby Phht » October 24th, 2011, 9:17 am

I don't have problems with going sabo.

--

I'm starting to burn out on speedlooping my alt. Just got to S28 (from S13), though I probably ought to be S29 if I hadn't skipped a day or two and failed to loop same day I had the opportunity once. Gonna stop him at S31 (to get trophy for Mysterious Bloodline) and start prepping for wkai.

My main has been making crazy progress. Nine GS duels base, plus 1 stamina buy. Today I got 2 duels back. Made enough talent to level WR from 10 to 12. Yesterday I figured out my Deadly Rave. :D My skills are 10/12/10/10/12, 12/10/12. Is that good enough to handle PoA opponents for getting UFT?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 27th, 2011, 4:09 pm

First Bawg is finally over. They should go more quickly from now on.

If anyone has alts or friends in another village that doesn't have its own Bawg program, they are welcome to invite people to participate in our spreadsheet.

[Edited link out -- forgot this forum is googlable] Message me if you want the link.

I honestly don't remember what my GS skills were when I started PoA =/
Last edited by Lthayer3 on October 29th, 2011, 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » October 28th, 2011, 4:26 am

As it turns out, I got UFT my second win in PoA (10/12/11/11/12, 12/10/12). Also picked up KGS, so I'm all set for hitting Idol boss fight 5 this Saturday. Which means, barring idiocy on my part, I'll be working on vertex points Saturday. :D

I'll be annoyed if the roulette point comes up early. I only have 4.55M ryo to use at the moment. :/ Also need a lucky badger proc to get the 11 summons in one day because my FW level is only 7. All set for Lucha/Billycon/wkai/r00t/PH. Zombjas map just ended, so I'll have a wait for that. GS will have to hope for win on PoA area, then I'm good for the rest of the areas. And I should be able to scrape together enough app for the essence eating.

EDIT: No idiocy on my part! Glowslinging cleared and I only have 6 points left on my seal. Unfortunately, the gas station came up as one of the first two points, and essence eating came up to stop me later on. Just have r00t, zombjas, essences, summons, first loser, and roulette left to do.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » December 1st, 2011, 9:10 am

Reviving this poor little topic.

If anyone reading this hasn't tried BvS yet, I highly encourage you to sign up (and join Viridia village). Its lots of fun, at least until you get to the point where you've completed all the content -- but that can take a couple years.

Now to go post an actual recruitment topic on the BvS forum =/
Lthayer3

Unread postby Nitramy » December 1st, 2011, 9:23 am

Yuki Village is about to EXPLODE.

(p.s. my Main is in that village - my Alt is currently in Viridia.)

Anybody with alts with no Survived the Impossible yet are free to join.

P.S. I already have max Appetite Awesome Ability. What should I get next?
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Kelenas » January 16th, 2012, 11:21 am

Just joined Viridia Village with my main character, Dasgin. Looking forward to working with you all.
Kelenas

Unread postby Nitramy » January 23rd, 2012, 12:18 am

Maxed out Appetite Awesome and Range Awesome, on my way to getting Sannin AND Eclipsed.

Also Zombjas and Worldkai whacking for Dimenea.

Should I start on r00t now or after I get to around Season 10-15? And what Awesome Ability should I get next?
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Lthayer3 » January 23rd, 2012, 12:44 am

Definitely wait until at least season 10 to do Root. It will be crazy hard for you to beat it at season 5.

Hmm, awesome abilities... None of them really help with Root much. I'd say the MPH might be what you'd want to work towards next, as the double favors is the best ability next to the appetite awesome. Or maybe party house discount if you have the ryo to spend on getting trophies there. Or extra flower wars and mahjong games if you haven't beaten those yet.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Lthayer3 » January 23rd, 2012, 5:50 am

Double post, since I want to make sure this registers as new for people. :mob

---
Update on Viridia, for those that might frequent the forum, but not log in to the game every day:

There will be a storehouse perm giveaway in a little over 5 days from now. It will also include 6 Sho'Nuff elixirs (probably only for those needing the Glow) that are sitting in the dumpster (the game really needs different levels of storehouse permissions so a dumpster doesn't turn into a village's secure vault...)

So, if you're lurking here and thinking about starting BvS or moving an existing character to the forum's village, now would be a good time =)

I thought about posting this in the BvS forums, but then we'd just get people coming for the raffle and leaving after. I seriously doubt it would attract anyone from there to stay permanently.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Kelenas » January 23rd, 2012, 11:00 am

Maxed out Appetite Awesome and Range Awesome, on my way to getting Sannin AND Eclipsed.

Also Zombjas and Worldkai whacking for Dimenea.

Should I start on r00t now or after I get to around Season 10-15? And what Awesome Ability should I get next?
For R00t I'd say start as early as possible. You may not be able to finish it at a low season, but as far as I can tell everything regarding R00t loops (except for your character's stats, of course); Field Keys, Core, Bits, etc.
So, there's nothing stopping you from starting as early as possible and using the 10 free field actions per day you'll get from the village upgrade to slowly work your way forward. That way you should already have quite a bit of work done once you're actually in a position to finish it.
Kelenas

Unread postby Phht » February 22nd, 2013, 8:41 am

Oh, what?!

Just saw that there's a new section of HQ out. Time to stop idling. >.>
Phht

Unread postby serbii » February 22nd, 2013, 10:07 am

*checks*
Oh hey, my account is still active.
So, what's happened in the game in the last uh, year?
...and why do I have 6 spare sho-nuff elixers?
Last edited by serbii on February 22nd, 2013, 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » February 22nd, 2013, 10:25 am

HQ part just came out. Then there was autographs and Pachinko. I haven't really done any of it, so I can't say much more.
Wittgen

Unread postby serbii » February 22nd, 2013, 8:16 pm

Can't do HQ, that's for the ubers who are running villages and such IIRC.
serbii

Unread postby Phht » February 22nd, 2013, 9:37 pm

Pets got introduced via Pachinko. They provide a daily bonus when in inventory at dayroll. And there's Billy TV and autographs. Plus, as Witt mentions 2-3 parts of HQ came out. New kaiju added. I think a few new quests.

Other than that, not too much IIRC. There's still BillyCon/Glowslinging, WorldKai, R00t, Pizzawitch, Flower Wars, etc.

I think the last year had a lot of Real Life intrusion on working on the game compared to earlier years.

--

omg, I'm an uber according to serbii? :D
Phht

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs