Billy vs Snakeman (BvS)

Re: Billy vs Snakeman (BvS)

Unread postby Nitramy » August 14th, 2011, 4:53 pm

Out On Top get successful (Nitramy is my main, Sieghart is my alt :D). :)

Now that I have 100 Awesome, what should I spend it on?
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby MrRigger2 » August 14th, 2011, 5:22 pm

Appetite Awesome is always the first thing I get when I restat. Being able to eat more consumables is always useful, no matter what area you're concentrating on.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby serbii » August 16th, 2011, 9:04 am

Bought my Over 11k. Now I'm so poor XD
Ah well.
Current goals:
-Get missing Kaiju Drops
-Get 2 of the 3 PW items I'm missing, the last one is going to have to wait until November when I'll have sho nuff elixers I think
-Grind up to max level
--Start looking at world kai after that
serbii

Unread postby Phht » August 16th, 2011, 9:45 am

Congrats!

I myself had crazy awesome DG Cell luck today (also, got last season collection). I had two sets of 11 emblems available for the S-rank prize. First set gave a DG Cell (total 1). On the second set, my first attempt was refunded (total 2). Then my second attempt was refunded (total 3). My third attempt with those emblems was not refunded (total 4). Four DG Cells off only 22 emblems.

This means I only need to summon one more Farmvale to get the DG Cells needed to wrap up my minorkai set (Jadian, Jasticus, Fayt, Robert the Sage, Dorcas, Makenshi) instead of four more.

--

Depending on the market price for whatever kaiju drops you're missing and village competition for the drops, you might consider holding off and hitting Farmvales for S-ranks to get DG Cells that your village can use to summon the specific kaiju you need the drops from.

On worldkai, I'll support others regarding Foreverquest. Save it for last, and if possible, save it until you've chosen sides or at least having enough season collections to get the +50% worldkai damage from watching shows. Anything to make the task easier. And you'll probably need something like 120-140 Yummy Pizzas per S-rank on FQs. I myself used ~120 on my last S-rank on a FQ (with ~700-740 app daily for 4-5 days).

Otherwise, target the worldkai in the order you want the season collection bonuses.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby serbii » August 16th, 2011, 10:08 am

I've actually had pretty good luck with the recent ones, and I'm owed a few things for when Witt has steady internet again. But I'm still missing a fair few older ones.
http://tinyurl.com/ViridiaKaiju
I'll look into DG cell farming but I wouldn't be surprised if I was in a better position, or if it'd be faster right now to just sell a couple of nine tails a day *shrug*
I am *checks* short 10 drops, and two of them (beta reader and flask of mist) I'll get from Kage drops, hopefully I'll pick up B-class laser from today's Kaiju. Most of he drops I need are in the 7-10M range rather than 17-20M
(In related news, I love you Wittgen)
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » August 16th, 2011, 10:41 am

Not sure why you love me serbii. I appreciate it, but I've been pretty lame with regards to BvS recently. Sorry.

I mean, I have had enough internet that I could give out the drops backlogged. I just don't want to do that and then have a disruption in internet connectivity. So far, I would not have had BvS access on weekends. Plus, the time zone thing trips me up in some ways. So, apologies, but I really don't want to come back to that stuff until I know I can be reliable. Luckily, I should have internet access at home on my laptop late this week. At that time, I will return in force and resume all duties.

And everyone active will get 400 RP, so that should be nuts.
Wittgen

Unread postby Phht » August 16th, 2011, 11:24 am

I am *checks* short 10 drops, and two of them (beta reader and flask of mist) I'll get from Kage drops, hopefully I'll pick up B-class laser from today's Kaiju. Most of he drops I need are in the 7-10M range rather than 17-20M
Ah, well, in that case farming ryo and marketplace buying them would be the quicker/easier option.

In my case, the drops I need are in the 15-25M range (last time I checked), so DG Cell summoning them is the best option (or selling the DG on marketplace and buying the drops with the money, but that doesn't get more new kaiju drops into the village).

--

I'm willing to be bribed to S-rank a worldkai in exchange for smokeblossoms, because I refuse to pay over 5M ryo for less than 100 smokeblossoms. But I still need something like 250-280 smokeblossoms to finish off my last hanafuda deck. :(
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby serbii » August 17th, 2011, 6:58 am

Not sure why you love me serbii. I appreciate it, but I've been pretty lame with regards to BvS recently. Sorry.
Eh, you give me things. In real life my love can be bought with food, in BvS it can be bought by people giving things they don't need to me. You do that, hence my love.

Regarding timezones: Heh, welcome to the eastern hemisphere my friend, prepare for everything you want to watch to come out at 3am.
serbii

Unread postby Nitramy » August 17th, 2011, 10:24 am

>run normal missions with both Team Bruce and Eightball
>find out I got Nadeshiko at dayroll
>feels_good_man.jpg

Seriously, Season 2 is shaping up to be awesome. RedEye is great for snagging techniques on the cheap.

Also, been using Sieghart to whack the Farmvale you summoned, Phht. ;)
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Phht » October 2nd, 2011, 8:00 pm

So, Pachinko is in. I haven't touched it yet, as I've got enough stuff going on in bvs at the moment to care about yet another new PH game. :)

What's it like? Anyone create their own machine yet?

--

I'm now about halfway through glowslinging and am sitting on the last billy idol boss. Cleared Cliff boss with 7/8/8/8/8 and 8/9/7.
Stupid glowslinging is keeping me from starting HQ. :TT_TT:
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 2nd, 2011, 8:28 pm

My pachinko analysis:

Originally, I was excited about pachinko. That opinion has faded rather quickly over the past 24 hours. I am now indifferent, bordering on annoyed. At least most of the early bugs that should have been dealt with before it was ever released have been fixed.

Anyway, pachinko is interesting, but ultimately just another doomed party house game. User machines would be a lot better if the owner got to keep the balls instead of having them converted to ryo. A poor decision in terms of game design. Turns what could have become a fun addition for a long time to come into another party house game to grnd for 2 or 3 weeks to get the trophies, then never play again.

As it is, there is almost no incentive to make winnable machines, since they'd be operating entirely at a loss. I have a machine, but I really wouldn't recommend anyone play it. A player will probably do slightly better than breaking even, but it wouldn't be much. I'll probably redesign it with one huge crazy unwinnable jackpot to see if that would make it possible to make profit.

Designing a machine is a headache, as you have to compute your machine's probabilities by yourself. McM has specifically stated that he will not add anything to the game for a person to test their own machine. I expect there might be a script to help with it after a week or two, though.

The four machines are so-so. After 3-4 weeks, though, they won't be worth playing, as prices for the pet items and new perms are already reaching reasonable levels. The looptastics in the gold machine appear to be the only long term cash cow of pachinko, and obtaining them is completely up to the RNG -- gold balls are frustrating to get, and even if the RNG gives you some, looptastics have an absurdly small win percent.

The Bawg isn't entertaining and doesn't appear to be much of a puzzle. Or if there is a puzzle, it is completely invisible, so it just feels like blindly changing values and hoping the RNG isn't toying with us. Essentially, it is just an insane RNG stamina grind where you then get to list 5 other people that "helped you" to give the 45ers trophy to once you beat it. McM really should have coded cooperative aspects into the game. As it is, the Bawg trophies could quickly become the most hated in BvS. Potentially worse than Robo Fighto if there isn't a guaranteed formula for the 11 machine stat things.

Pets appear to be a neat addition at first (the intro quest is amusing), but they're really nothing special. If there was art and if the pets could do something new, they'd be great, but they just feel like another silly daily bonus you have to remember to activate/switch as they are. Hopefully related quests or other minigames will involve them, but if that ever happens, it likely won't be until houses (which probably won't be for at least a year).

Overall, the concept of pachinko is great, but the execution is rather flawed, like many parts of BvS seem to be.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Wittgen » October 3rd, 2011, 1:04 am

Pretty well said Lthayer. I really don't get the bawg. There is no place to post our data. So we have to do that all out of game? Why? If it is an engaging puzzle, it certainly does not present itself as such. I hope people figure out the basics and something springs up around the bawg which makes it actually fun.

Also, do we know what the new TACOs do yet?
Wittgen

Unread postby Phht » October 3rd, 2011, 1:22 am

I believe I heard that one of the TACOs resets greass intake in addition to TACO stuff. Still 60app though. ... Yep.

BROCOTACO
(+100 Stam, +10 for each other TACO eaten today, resets Greassy Food count)
--
CHACOTACO
CHAAACOO
(+2 TACO Usage Count Tomorrow (does not stack)) cost: 40 app

Those are some of them listed in the pachinko thread on bvs forums.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 3rd, 2011, 1:36 am

There is already a script that is starting to compile Bawg data.

http://animecubed.com/billy/forum/viewt ... 33&t=20078

It is silly that something like this is needed, yet we have to go through the forum (and lots of analysis work) to manage it. And as the numbers supposedly change every time someone wins, they'll be changing once every day or three most likely (once people are done with the other machines and grinding the bawg), making all the previous results rather useless. SirDuck and others will probably organize a pretty good system for it, but it looks like it will be a long painful road for most people to get the trophy even with the script. 74381 electrum balls and over 14 million worth of other balls have been used with no winner yet. Maybe it won't be worse than obtaining a TB2.0, but it is certainly far worse than winning an over11k.

The new tacos are of limited use. I doubt chocotacos will be used by much of anyone. Probably only by people that have 30-49 extra appetite a day, or if they're overplanning for something. Brocotacos are a decent replacement for diet sodas, but are only useful to foreverquest farmers or people still going through pizzawitch. Due to those reasons, silver user created pachinko machines will probably become the norm fairly quickly. (Unless there is a random element in the taco machine, too...)
Lthayer3

Unread postby Phht » October 3rd, 2011, 2:39 am

I'm not sure the Brocotaco is a reasonable replacement. Every Brocotaco eaten means a Yummy Pizza not being eaten, and no chance of app refund unless you want to switch between Cici2 or whatever app- team and TACOS every six pizzas. Would the added stamina offset the lost levels/range from the pizzas we didn't eat?
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Wittgen » October 3rd, 2011, 2:47 am

BrocoTaco is pretty underwhelming. Now, if there was a greassey TACO added at some point, it would become far more useful. But for now, sads. And neither comes anywhere near touching the power of TACODELUXE.
Wittgen

Unread postby serbii » October 3rd, 2011, 5:16 am

Actually looked at how the Bawg worked. This seems to be hard for the sake of hard. There better be something coming out that cuts through the crap.
serbii

Unread postby Phht » October 4th, 2011, 3:52 am

Just saw mention in village chat for HamHam that OCAT apparently now has a chance to drop any special TACO and not just TACODELUXE. Not sure if that's true or not, but I'm guessing it is.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby serbii » October 4th, 2011, 4:05 am

Let the rage begin.
Let the price for TACODELUX sky rocket.

Ugh, like the economy wasn't top heavy enough.
Last edited by serbii on October 4th, 2011, 4:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
serbii

Unread postby Wittgen » October 4th, 2011, 4:12 am

What a horrible change.
Wittgen

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 4th, 2011, 4:36 am

Yeah. I was expecting tacodeluxes to be a prize in the taco machine when I first saw it. Then I was hoping there were more tacos and the broco and chaco would be 2 of several types to rotate in the machine.

I am growing more and more disappointed with McM regarding pachinko. Though there could still be positive changes in the near future. Somewhat doubtful, as people don't like saying negative things on the BvS forums (since Fax will yell at you) to encourage change, but still possible. Glowslinging, after all, had some rather serious overhauls within a few days of its release.

At least my machine looks like it is generating a tiny bit of profit with the newest version. I'm not sure what possesses people to essentially throw their pachinko balls down its drains, but whatever.
Lthayer3

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 7th, 2011, 8:59 pm

(Apologies for double posting)

For anyone on the forum that isn't a member of Viridia:

[Edited the link out -- forgot this forum is googlable] Message me if you want the link.

Anyone who is working on the Bawg is welcome to cooperate here. If we can get a decent group working together, hopefully we can crack this infernal machine.

BvS friends that are not on the forum are also welcome to participate, provided you feel you can trust them (one bad piece of data can mess the whole thing up, after all). If your village does not already have a system for working on the Bawg, they are welcome to join us. McM has indicated that it takes several days for a 50 man village working on the problem to come up with the correct settings with the new hint additions, so the vast majority of villages will not be able to compete with the teamwork going on in bigger villages (I've heard Monster has a similar spreadsheet with a bunch of participants).
Last edited by Lthayer3 on October 29th, 2011, 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Lthayer3

Unread postby serbii » October 7th, 2011, 10:00 pm

Joining it. Discovering how screwed we are the more I think about it.
We need to recruit someone who's really good at crunching numbers.
We need a bigger dataset.
We need to start being methodical.
Being methodical is going to take forever, so maybe we don't need to be methodical and instead need to be freaking lucky XD

OK *sigh*
What I want to get is the following data
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
3 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
4 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
5 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
6 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
7 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
8 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
9 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
10 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
11 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1

All with the same ball type

That should tell us a few things about how it works. Namely, it should give us some idea as to how independent each setting is. However, there is the chance one of those is a 'kill all balls at this point' switch. Which could make the data useless from a certain point. So many variables >_< the input data is not the problem here. It's figuring out how the machines works.
serbii

Unread postby Lthayer3 » October 7th, 2011, 10:06 pm

Agreed. Being methodical will be very helpful in determining just how these machines work. Preferably methodical with 1000+ balls for each setting, so the percentages are as accurate as we can get them.

I just figured I'd start this instead of posting stuff on the public forums once I realized how many people were using my data without contributing their own, and that the other data there wasn't necessarily accurate. There's a lot of data there, but when I went to crunch it in an excel spreadsheet, no real conclusions could be reached.

What we really need is to get more than just Viridia people working on this.

Anyway, I'll start with your data plan tomorrow.
Lthayer3

Unread postby serbii » October 7th, 2011, 10:30 pm

Additional:
I probably don't need that whole data set to start getting an idea of how it works, but it'd be helpful, and we'd probably need the whole set later.

I'd also like
2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2 1
1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 1 2

and we probably would need the full set on that one.

Bleh.
Ok. Yes, no using data from the forums, because if anyone is clever and evil they'd change a number or two and screw everything.
Yes, we need more people. Should we be hitting up the remnants from Demolished or something? At least an alliance with another village.

*reads instructions again*
Ok, that helps a bit. Going to need moar thinking!
May I suggest someone better at maths and with a better 'plan' than me directing what we check?
serbii

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs