For The METAL!!!!!!!

For The METAL!!!!!!!

Unread postby MrRigger2 » October 14th, 2009, 10:08 pm

Well, I just finished Brutal Legend on Normal difficulty, the campaign at least, and I was incredibly impressed. Granted, Tim Schafer has never given me a reason to doubt any of his games, but this one blew my mind. Psychonauts was funny as hell, but this definitely surpassed that. Of course, I may be a little biased, as I've been a roadie, and can relate to it a little bit more, but whatever.

That said, the game wasn't without it's flaws. It was fairly short, but that's something I can deal with. I still have to finish all the secondary missions and find all the other crap that's strewn throughout the game world. The visuals also got a bit choppy during scenes where loads of things are going on. It was definitely off-putting when you're trying to pull off a solo and the bar isn't sliding evenly, but it's easily ignored.

The audio, on the other hand, is excellent. The soundtrack blew me away, and usually I don't care about soundtracks at all. The voices are superbly done, and the dialogue had me in stitches.

Overall, I give it a solid 9.5. I haven't done anything with multiplayer yet, so I'm looking forward to trying that out.

Off to play some more. :leaving:

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Re: For The METAL!!!!!!!

Unread postby Darkandus » October 14th, 2009, 10:18 pm

Damn it! Why must I attend these god forsaken Family functions! I have brutal legend just sitting at home and if given the chance on a good day I would exile most of my extended family to monster isle!
Last edited by Darkandus on October 15th, 2009, 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » October 15th, 2009, 3:30 am

Ohhh I hate you guys soo much!

Want Brütal Legend :drool: but need ps3 or xbox... :cry:
Kirai

Unread postby Random_fan » November 25th, 2009, 8:12 am

Recently played some of it at my friends and it was both hilarious and awesome. I look forward to playing more in January when I'm buying a PS3. I have to agree with Rigger about the soundtrack, usually I don't even hear the soundtrack but this had me rocking along with it.
Random_fan

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs