Join Us

Join Us

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 22nd, 2009, 1:37 am

So, who else is stoked about Dragon Age: Origins?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Re: Join Us

Unread postby Dervon » October 22nd, 2009, 3:18 am

City Elves are treated like post-civil-war african americans? Dwarves are dwarfy on the outside, but drows on the inside? All mages are like psykers from Warhammer in that they risk daemonic possesion every time they call upon their powers? The possibility of commiting genocide is part of the marketing blurbs? It's made by Bioware? It is available on Steam?

Guess why I have money in my pocket ready to be placed into my Pay-Pal later today. Go on, three guesses. :D

FFFFFFFFFF- YEAH, DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS! :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer :cheer
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » October 22nd, 2009, 4:45 am

Killing some itty bitty rats leaves you bloody from head to toe? Decidedly amusing^^

Played it a bit at gamescom, was interesting, sadly I had to play standing which meant I couldn't really apprechiate the subtelitys. But yeah so gonna get that when it comes out^^
Kirai

Unread postby AntiNaba » October 22nd, 2009, 5:00 am

Ain't it weird that I haven't the balliest idea what you guys are rabbling over?
AntiNaba

Unread postby Dervon » October 22nd, 2009, 5:17 am

Ain't it weird that I haven't the balliest idea what you guys are rabbling over?
Grimdark Fantasy is GRIM and DARK:

http://dragonage.bioware.com/home/

I AM BUYING THE F- OUTTA' THIS GAME! XD

I'll have it on my PC via Steam by nightfall, and then all I have to do is eagerly await the 1st November for it to unlock.
Dervon

Unread postby Darkandus » October 22nd, 2009, 9:37 am

I have been informed of this game. My response is best shown through visual form.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 24th, 2009, 2:33 am

ahem... DRAGON AGE: ORIGINS HAS GONE GOLD!!!!
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby jgkitarel » October 24th, 2009, 4:24 am

Looks like I got something else to lose what little sleep I get over..... NICE!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » October 24th, 2009, 3:22 pm

I'll have it on my PC via Steam by nightfall, and then all I have to do is eagerly await the 1st November for it to unlock.
Uh Dervon, it doesn't release until the 3rd. And in my case I decided to order it online and get overnight shipping. Because otherwise I'd have to wait till the 17th to get the PC version in stores! And for some reason the console version is getting released on the correct date, but only for the 360. WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dervon » October 24th, 2009, 3:58 pm

Uh Dervon, it doesn't release until the 3rd. And in my case I decided to order it online and get overnight shipping. Because otherwise I'd have to wait till the 17th to get the PC version in stores! And for some reason the console version is getting released on the correct date, but only for the 360. WTF IS UP WITH THAT?!
Unlocks via Steam on the 6th (so I was off by 5 days), but can be bought and pre-loaded before that.

DEAR GODS I LOVE STEAM! Seriously, it may be DRM, but it is DRM I'm more then happy with. :3
Dervon

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 2nd, 2009, 11:37 pm

My copy has shipped, I shall receive it tomorrow. I may emerge from the Deep Roads sometime in May. Goodbye.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dervon » November 3rd, 2009, 10:32 am

*is making some room on PC hard-drive for the mammoth ~20GB needed*

Yay for Steam pre-loads!
Dervon

Unread postby ewuvi » November 3rd, 2009, 8:53 pm

Oh d-d-d-dear.

The Mod Who Is Most Present has been absorbed by a game.

I don't know whether to celebrate or excrete liquid nitrogenous waste.
ewuvi

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 3rd, 2009, 10:53 pm

Remember ewuvi, Tempest is merely the most visible Mod, not necessarily the most present. Remember that off hand comment someone made a while back that had both Matt and Lindsey come out and speak up, saying that just because they didn't post didn't mean they weren't there?

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby ewuvi » November 3rd, 2009, 10:55 pm

True, but I'm on a lot. I only ever see Forbin and Tempest when looking at who's online.

Also, I want an excuse to excrete liquid nitrogenous waste!
ewuvi

Unread postby Darkandus » November 3rd, 2009, 10:58 pm

Remember ewuvi, Tempest is merely the most visible Mod, not necessarily the most present. Remember that off hand comment someone made a while back that had both Matt and Lindsey come out and speak up, saying that just because they didn't post didn't mean they weren't there?

MrRigger
Sometimes I wish they were. It's lonely toiling as a serf, building a temple to random insanity, when you don't have a King and Queen present to admire your great works.
Darkandus

Unread postby DidelotM1 » November 4th, 2009, 12:44 am

SO! I just grabbed this game today for the 360 and jumped right in no problems. Went with a sword and board human noble with what I termed the Alice Cooper facial tattoo. I am very much impressed with the depth of the world I was dropped into. Although my very first run ended at a particularly nasty trap and ambush, I managed to get into the meat of the world, at least am starting to. For me this is yet another home run by Bioware. Well done guys.
DidelotM1

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 4th, 2009, 1:01 am

Lemme guess, Dwarf Rogue?
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby DidelotM1 » November 4th, 2009, 1:13 am

Lemme guess, Dwarf Rogue?

human noble warrior acctually, the trap/ambush I'm talking about is one in the forest with the bear traps and the emissary. I'll say no more as to not spoil it completely, but my very first run ended up a team wipe in that part. I did better later on. :-D

Update: after playing a few days I've decided that most of the companions you can pick up are very well done, though there's no way you can keep them ALL happy unless you resort to bribery. Finally got all of the blood dragon armor pieces and I must say it's VERY spiffy. I keep having to fight the urge to just go back and create ANOTHER character and play that through too..
DidelotM1

Unread postby Dervon » November 6th, 2009, 7:27 pm

So, all you Human Noble Origin Pathers...

How long did it take you till you realized that your character was living the most cliched RPG intro ever?

LAH-DI-DAH WE ARE SO HAPPY EVERYTHING IS SUNNY LAH-DI-*BLARGH**Everyone dies*

And they even lamp-shade the cliched nature of the whole set-up after you kill the pantry rats. Which makes it even worse when they turn 180 with the LOL UR HOME IZ NO MOAR! AND UR FAMILEY IZ DED! >.<

*MUCH LATER*

Feel free to spoil this for me, but the king's adviser is evil, yes? :P

Nit-picks aside, I am having loads of fun. :D
Dervon

Unread postby Kirai » November 7th, 2009, 6:06 am

Spoil? you already know it!

I mean he even looks evil. His troops have no faces!

I mean how could they have made it more obvious?
Kirai

Unread postby Darkandus » November 7th, 2009, 12:18 pm

Freeze frame followed by him being circled several times in red marker with the words "I IZ EVUL!" Floating over his head in Neon lights?
Darkandus

Unread postby Dervon » November 7th, 2009, 12:42 pm

FFFFFFFF- LOCKED BOXES!!! (like METAL BOXES, only worse)

GIMMIE A ROGUE AS A PARTY MEMBER OPTION ALREADY YOU CHEAP BASTARDS! :futile:

I will say this, they have balls for calling it a successor to BG (and by extension, all the D&D Computer RPGs) and yet not giving you the option to bash those chests in with your great-sword, or blasting them with magic (which is what I always did in the NWN series, seeing as I never kept a rogue in my party).

There is just SO MUCH you can nitpick about. But I will reiterate, I am having loads of fun. IT IS A CONFLICTING FEELING! :panic:
Dervon

Unread postby Darkandus » November 7th, 2009, 5:09 pm

HAHA! I just got DA:O as a late birthday present!

*Preparing to install like fist of the north star.*
Darkandus

Unread postby Dervon » November 11th, 2009, 1:35 pm

SPOILERS BELOW!

Oh wow. OH WOW! OH WOW OH WOW OH WOW!

That twist at the end of the Fade-portion of the Mage-Origin Quest is brilliant! Does anyone know if you can fail it and become possessed?

I guess knowing Bioware's policy of pseudo-causalistic-choices the answer is no, but how WICKED SICK would the game be if you have to handle being possessed by a Pride-Demon as well? :D
Dervon

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs