Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Unread postby Phht » December 31st, 2009, 7:20 pm

So, this mod group decided to make a Mechwarrior total conversion for Crysis. They got approval from Microsoft (Mechwarrior IP holder), and was even one of the few teams that got the Crysis engine SDK before official release.

And this month they released the beta of the mod. Here's the trailer.

Why do I bring this up (besides it being utterly beautiful looking and awsome)? Crysis+Warhead bundle is on sale on Steam today for $14. If there ever was a reason to pick up Crysis, that mod would be it. :D
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Re: Mechwarrior: Living Legends

Unread postby Kirai » December 31st, 2009, 8:28 pm

Damn you for making me buy crisis! Damn you!
Kirai

Unread postby Phht » December 31st, 2009, 8:33 pm

I said the same thing to the person that linked a youtube video of clips from MWLL beta play! At least it's only $14 and not $30-50, right?
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Kirai » December 31st, 2009, 8:34 pm

Yeah suppose that's true^^
Kirai

Unread postby Random_fan » December 31st, 2009, 11:25 pm

Well my brother already has crysis so i don't need to buy the game. Might look into getting the mod, it looks good.
Random_fan

Unread postby Darkandus » December 31st, 2009, 11:32 pm

I have not a single clue about the Battletech universe except what I have read in this story and some wiki entries I have read to fill in a few holes.

But was one of those Mechs a Hammerhands?
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » January 17th, 2010, 6:11 pm

allright, newest patch 0.1.0 is out, and I finally installed the mod, looks interesting, but I'll have to get used to the controls.

Any of you playing it already? Or did you procastrinate like me?^^
Kirai

Unread postby Phht » January 18th, 2010, 6:56 am

I played a bit, but apparently my machine is not above the 'minimum requirements' for MWLL. I had to set all graphics values to the lowest setting, etc to get it decently playable on a 20-person server and I still had nasty audio lag and graphic spikes that makes everything jerky/rubberbandy (despite having decent latency to server).

I'll be trying it again at a later date when they've improved the overhead stuff for maps and the like (maybe once they shift it over to Warhead/Wars instead of vanilla Crysis).

If I'm alone on a local server, I can run with my normal Crysis settings without issue. Just not feasible to play when there's 20+ other people on a server. :(
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Phht » May 1st, 2010, 1:36 am

Not quite on topic, but Mektek has released (with permission from Microsoft) an improved version of Mechwarrior 4: Mercenaries. This includes both Mech Packs and all Mektek Packs for it. And all those packs are usable in the campaign.

It's ~1.87 GB download through Mektek's MTX client. Also, site may or may not be up if you attempt to go there at the moment, probably due to everyone going to get their hands on the game.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs