Steam discounts

Re: Steam discounts

Unread postby Lightwhispers » June 14th, 2011, 5:15 pm

I believe the technical term is *yoink* :)
Nah, I think a "yoink" implies either competition for limited resources (such as donuts or pizza), or that the undertaking in question is not entirely legitimate. :halo
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Nitramy » June 24th, 2011, 2:35 pm

Wonderful news, fellow forumers!

Team Fortress 2 is now FREE TO PLAY!

That's right, everyone's favorite quirky team-based FPS is now

FREE!

:yuush:
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Unread postby Lightwhispers » September 8th, 2011, 10:50 pm

Wow. Civ 5 is 75% off. I knew there was a reason I was holding off, besides not actually having time to play it. Oh well, time to grab it anyway.
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby Darkandus » September 9th, 2011, 12:10 pm

Say goodbye to your social life and getting a proper amount of sleep for the next few weeks. :biggrin:
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Greybane » September 14th, 2011, 4:10 pm

God yes, when it came out I don't think I left my room voluntarily for a week.
Odd that. It actually worked.
Greybane

Unread postby serbii » September 15th, 2011, 5:29 am

I started getting sharp pains in my hand, and it would ache from using the mouse too much. I figured it was time to cut back about then.
serbii

Unread postby Comosicus » September 17th, 2011, 5:10 am

50% of off the Star Wars pack

http://store.steampowered.com/sub/8594/?snr=1_4_4__40

This weekend only.
Comosicus

Unread postby Comosicus » October 15th, 2011, 5:06 am

50% off Dawn of War games INCLUDING Retribution. Free playing weekend for Retribution as well. I think the discount is only today though.

http://store.steampowered.com/sale/THQWeek2011Weekend

If only my card wouldn't look so puny at the moment.
Comosicus

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » October 15th, 2011, 1:33 pm

Retribution was fun but almost no re-playability like the others in the series. Would still say worth it for any DoW fans though.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Comosicus » October 28th, 2011, 4:26 am

Halloween spooky games sale:
http://store.steampowered.com/sale/scary_sale_2011

There are quite a few games I'd like to take there. FEAR3 is one of them but it is still too pricey for my budget. The Overlord pack sounds intriguing too. I think I might just end getting both Bioshock games (at 4.99 euro each). Do you think it's good value for the money?
Comosicus

Unread postby Wittgen » October 28th, 2011, 4:57 am

If you have never played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines before, I highly recommend picking it up now at five dollars. An incredible game. Troika was great while it lasted. If only their games had any degree of polish whatsoever, maybe they wouldn't have went out of business. Oh well. The important thing is that all the major bugs have been fixed by a devoted fan community, so if you get the game now, it will have polish. Yay.
Wittgen

Unread postby Comosicus » October 30th, 2011, 12:00 pm

I ended up getting both Bioshock games as well as VTM:Bloodlines. Now to wait for the content to download on my super slow connection.
Comosicus

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » October 30th, 2011, 2:00 pm

Finally got bioshock 2 and pleasantly surprised. That is the last time I ever pay attention to reviews of a game.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 2nd, 2011, 12:20 am

Ponied up 8 bucks for Borderlands GOTY edition on special from steam. I'm pleasantly surprised. Well worth the money I spent on it.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Phht » November 2nd, 2011, 12:28 pm

Borderlands is one of the greatest games EVER. Particularly the dialogue. I need to reinstall it.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 2nd, 2011, 3:57 pm

Bioshock is buggy as hell! My plasmid arm keeps freezing up, inevitably during the boss fights, it is a known problem but I have not found a solution anywhere. Other than that, best $5 I have ever spent.

Is Borderlands more like Fallout/Mass Effect/Elder Scrolls epicness or Halo/Call of Duty shootyness?

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Phht » November 2nd, 2011, 6:47 pm

Borderlands doesn't have the depth of Mass Effect or Elder Scrolls or Fallout. At the same time, it's not merely a shooter like Halo or CoD. It's like a comedy hybrid of the two types.

It has leveling and skills and missions like an 'action' RPG, while cutting out NPC conversation systems. It has more than just straight up shooter design. It's not really realistic design for setting/npcs/creatures either. It has a variety of weaponry in various types that get random stats and bonuses so there's not really any chance for identical weaponry. There's chances to get random drop shotguns that fire rockets or rocket launchers that do acid damage.

The dialogue and quest text and cut scenes are pretty damn hilarious most of the time.
This is the cutscene introducing an early on boss, Nine Toes.
It is ridiculously fun.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 2nd, 2011, 6:50 pm

Gah! Why would you say that and then put a spoiler knowing I have not played it yet! Your so cruel! :TT_TT:

Will have to check it out after finished with bioshock then.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Phht » November 2nd, 2011, 8:22 pm

Well, the spoiler section youtube clip is pretty darn early in the game. Like, first minor boss that gets an intro. I could've put the compilation of intro clips video in there instead, but that'd spoil the entire game plus the DLCs.

And here's a small quote from the third DLC (doesn't spoil anything) because friends suggested it.
<japolo> i think anyone who asks what borderlands is should be answered with the phrase "SWEET TITTY CINNAMON JESUS"
<japolo> and that should be enough
I'm reinstalling the game as I speak, so if someone wants to do some co-op fun with borderlands, I'll be up for it soon.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 2nd, 2011, 8:42 pm

Awesome, if anyone wants to play, look me up, my steam name is the same as on here. I'm playing a Hunter right now, and I like it. at Level 18, and having a blast with it. Blast Snipers are freaking awesome.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 2nd, 2011, 9:39 pm

:shocked:

Alright, nothing further need be said. Buying it as soon as I finish bioshock.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Phht » November 2nd, 2011, 10:18 pm

Awesome, if anyone wants to play, look me up, my steam name is the same as on here. I'm playing a Hunter right now, and I like it. at Level 18, and having a blast with it. Blast Snipers are freaking awesome.
Actually, multiplayer is still through gamespy.
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Phht

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 2nd, 2011, 10:23 pm

Ah. well I made an account through that now too. same as my steam name.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Comosicus » November 23rd, 2011, 3:50 pm

There seems to be a massive autumn sale going on on Steam at this moment. Among other things, in the next 22 hours you can get Mass Effect games at 75% discount. Time to get my grubby little paws on the second one. Too bad they don't have the DLC's.

http://store.steampowered.com/
Comosicus

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 23rd, 2011, 5:41 pm

Spoiler for Mass Effect 2
After scanning/mining planets for literally hours to upgrade my ship for the complete ending, I won't ever play through it again. I liked the game, and am used to going out of my way to prepare for fights, etc, but that was just insane. Not the good insane.
Portal 2. 66% off. Go, go go!

Zankaru Zelladonii

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs