Skyrim

Re: Skyrim

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 18th, 2011, 3:43 pm

Apparently you can transfer game data from 360 to PC if you know how to do it right. Of course, I don't have a PC close to being able to play it, so I don't know how. Saw the instructions on reddit's r/skyrim but didn't pay them much mind.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Minion » November 19th, 2011, 3:18 pm

I think it's hilarious when a dragon attacks at the Winter College. A swarm of mages is a lot different than a small town...
Minion

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 19th, 2011, 3:27 pm

I had one drop out of the sky right on top of the Arch Mage by his lonesome. It was a really quick fight.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Minion » November 19th, 2011, 4:04 pm

The AM's summon lead to a funny moment for me where I accidentally attacked it in the fray without knowing what it was and I thought "Oh :cuss: dragon's are summoning deadra now!?"
Minion

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 21st, 2011, 7:49 pm

The Wall of Fire/Frost/Electricity, while very pretty, are a major disappointment or my game is bugged. Sections I spray visually last for a while but only do damage for around three seconds, even if an enemy is standing in it.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Minion » November 21st, 2011, 8:00 pm

Have you been to Dawnstar? When I visited, a large portion of the port water was missing... or invisible because I was floating in something. Is that just me?
Minion

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 21st, 2011, 10:54 pm

Nay, I have not. I have a quest to visit there, but you know how it goes. Start traveling there, go off the road when you see some alchemy ingredients, end up chasing a deer for the antlers, find a dungeon, three hours later remember you were going somewhere but you have been exploring in the opposite direction somehow.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Minion » November 22nd, 2011, 12:04 pm

Dragon Armor. It's awesome. Like a giant FU to every dragon you meet. You knew this guy? Yeah, I'm wearing him now. Managed to get my armor rating over 700. Soon I'll be able to double enchant everything... probably make destruction magic free. :psychotic:
Minion

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 22nd, 2011, 6:06 pm

I have not seen the dragon armor yet, wanting to keep it as a surprise for when I roll my fighter alt.

My caster uses robes and hood only, no weapons/poisons except my magic, 100 HP at level 33. :snooty:

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 22nd, 2011, 6:10 pm

I've been working on my enchantment at the moment too. I think it, Sneak and lockpick are currently my highest skills, all at or above 50, and Im at level 24 right now. 15x damage sneak attacks are freaking sweet. I'm thinking I gotta get to Winterhold so I can find an Invisibility or chameleon spell. Though I've been able to just sneak right up to the front of most enemies and stab them in the face without them noticing without it.

Ive been saving the stuff so I can make a set of Dragonscale armor when I get to it, but haven't actually seen it yet. I just barely started seeing ebony. Im running around in selfmade destruction and magicka boosting elven armor at the moment. I'll probably be trying the armorless approach eventually on either the next character I roll or the one after it.
Think Globally. Act Within Local Variable Scope.
<div> Q: How do you annoy a Web Developer? </span>
Kingdom Hearts: Visions of Destiny- The Game So Far...
gamebrain89

Unread postby Minion » November 22nd, 2011, 9:57 pm

So, gamebrain, as you're someone specializing in stealth, I want to ask is it for the challenge? Is it advantageous, because I think I get the same effect as a Thief's stealth just by putting muffle on my boots; I sneak all the time in heavy armor and can usually stealth kill.
Minion

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 22nd, 2011, 11:10 pm

Hey Game, if you start the Dark Brotherhood, one of the starting items is a pair of gloves that double your sneak attack bonus. So that x15 dagger sneak attack just became a x30 dagger sneak attack. Note, this is not a spoiler, it's one of the first things you get from them.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

MrRigger2

Unread postby Wittgen » November 23rd, 2011, 12:21 am

So bonuses like x15 and x2 are multiplicative, not additive? (They stack to x30, not x16) That's pretty crazy.
Wittgen

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 23rd, 2011, 12:44 pm

So, gamebrain, as you're someone specializing in stealth, I want to ask is it for the challenge? Is it advantageous, because I think I get the same effect as a Thief's stealth just by putting muffle on my boots; I sneak all the time in heavy armor and can usually stealth kill.
I usually go light armor and stealth for my characters in these games. Thats what I did in Oblivion. I just like the stealth bit. That and its helpful for when I decide to go klepto and rob the entire town blind. I think I go that direction less for the challenge and moe because I think its fun. I've been switching between stealth kills with daggers and destruction magic more than usual in Skyrim though.
Hey Game, if you start the Dark Brotherhood, one of the starting items is a pair of gloves that double your sneak attack bonus. So that x15 dagger sneak attack just became a x30 dagger sneak attack. Note, this is not a spoiler, it's one of the first things you get from them.

MrRigger

Okay I'm going to have to figure out how to get their attention. If its the same as in Oblivion (Just stab a random dude for no apparent reason) or something else.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 23rd, 2011, 3:10 pm

There is a quest line to join them, IIRC.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby gamebrain89 » November 23rd, 2011, 4:21 pm

Yeah I found it when I went and asked about rumors at an Inn. I also discovered that if I can sneak up on them I can one shot frost dragons with a pair of shock enchanted daggers. came up on the back side of a Word Stone and saw a dragon sleeping on it. I sneaked up to it, and power attacked it in the tail. Thing took off and immediately crashlanded in a heap. I sat there staring at its body for a moment. I had not expected that. It was awesome.
gamebrain89

Unread postby Minion » November 26th, 2011, 2:04 pm

Stormcloaks or Imperials? Or neither?
Minion

Unread postby MrRigger2 » November 26th, 2011, 2:21 pm

I went with Imperials. I'll probably go with Stormcloaks on my heavy armor melee character, but the Imperial arguments won me over. That, and they aren't giant assholes like Ulfric (or at least I didn't think so).

MrRigger

MrRigger2

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 26th, 2011, 2:37 pm

They aren't, but the Thalmar sure as hell are, and where the Empire goes, the Thalmar send their agents.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Magnificate » November 26th, 2011, 6:35 pm

Stormcloaks or Imperials? Or neither?
Since my main character is an Altmer I wanted to support the Thalmor, but there seems to be no such option. In the end I supported the lawful rule of the Empire.
Magnificate

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » November 26th, 2011, 7:38 pm

While I'm not a fan of the Thalmer, I'm even less of a fan of getting booted out of Skyrim by Ulfric once he takes over, even if he's polite about it. The man is obsessed with Skyrim only being for the Nords. And as I'm the head of the Thieves Guild, I can make life *very* difficult for the Thalmer. So profit wins out and I can still stick it to the ones that are really making things difficult for everyone. And if sensitive documents and battle plans go missing... well you can hardly pin the blame on me.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » November 27th, 2011, 1:39 am

Wish the game world was not so obsessed with faces, I only read the subtitles anyways. Tired of villagers threatening me, the bloody arch-mage, because it would cost too much to have another dialogue option added.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Wittgen » December 18th, 2011, 4:44 am

I am enjoying this game. The UI is possibly the worst I've ever suffered on the PC, and it's really weird/irritating how NPCs drop everything to shout inane bs at you just because you pass on the street, but it's really enjoyable as a whole.

More Oblivion related than Skyrim, I think, but has anyone else read this? It's kind of Quest (a la quests here on Viridian Dreams) where the summaries have been posted in more or less webcomic form. It's fantastic. So hilarious.
Wittgen

Unread postby LifeOfGesture » December 18th, 2011, 5:30 am

The format reminds me of Homestuck actually. Strongly reminscient of it.
LifeOfGesture

Unread postby Arganaut » December 18th, 2011, 5:03 pm

Wow. Not going to lie, this webcomic is funny as all hell, but if I were in the actual quest, I'd have quit right around the time the orc pulled a detect life scroll out of his assbs, if not because of the sheer implausibility then, as shown by the whole 'ruins' section, because of how set in the rail roads this was.
Arganaut

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs