Pokemon Thread--Gotta Catchem All!

Pokemon Thread--Gotta Catchem All!

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 20th, 2009, 10:34 pm

Sorry, boys & girls, but Eevee FTW. :yay:
Kitty-Chan

Re: Naruto Summons: The Poll

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » February 20th, 2009, 10:52 pm

Sorry, boys & girls, but Eevee FTW. :yay:
OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!! A FELLOW EEVEE LOVER! SQUEEEEEE!!! *pounces upon/glomps Kitty-chan* I WUUUUV YOUUUU!!!
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 20th, 2009, 10:58 pm

YAY FOR EEVEE LOVERS!!! :yay: Plus, if Eevee was summoned, after it kicked ninja derriere(sp?), Hinata could cuddle it for its reward.
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 20th, 2009, 11:03 pm

*watches as my Charizard eats an Eevee that wandered too close and smirks* Hey, it's obviously not a predator, so that makes it prey for something higher on the food chain. :devil
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » February 20th, 2009, 11:06 pm

YAY FOR EEVEE LOVERS!!! :yay: Plus, if Eevee was summoned, after it kicked ninja derriere(sp?), Hinata could cuddle it for its reward.
SQUEE! That'd be so cute! Plus a scroll would give you access to:
Flareon-Fire
Vaporeon-Water
Jolteon-Lightning
Glaceon-Ice
Leafeon-Grass
Espeon-MiniRadios? Or wind?
Umbreon-Genjutsu? Or.... Uhh....

And any future evolutions they come up with. Cute, deadly, portable, Pandora boxes.
*watches as my Charizard eats an Eevee that wandered too close and smirks* Hey, it's obviously not a predator, so that makes it prey for something higher on the food chain. :devil
Meany. And Pokemon are almost always ...um the scientific term for plant eaters.
Edit: Or fish eaters.
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby ewuvi » February 20th, 2009, 11:08 pm

Die Eevee! Die!

I shall make pie of you!
ewuvi

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » February 20th, 2009, 11:10 pm

B-But.... :cry: Tey is adowable.... :cry:
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby MEKristian » February 20th, 2009, 11:12 pm

Feraligator eats people :D
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby ewuvi » February 20th, 2009, 11:13 pm

That's why they'd make delicious pie!
Also, the word you're looking for is herbivorous.

Besides, an Eevee summons would have it's little adorable bloody tail stump handed to it by the crows, or the wolves, or the toads, or...anything else.
ewuvi

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 20th, 2009, 11:18 pm

Meany. And Pokemon are almost always ...um the scientific term for plant eaters.
Edit: Or fish eaters.

I refuse to believe that the entirety of the Pokemon world is made of of herbivores and piscivores (fish-eaters). Something with as many teeth as a Charizard, Arcanine or a Houndoom has isn't about to be an herbivore of any sort, and as they're fire-types, fish would most likely be in pretty short supply in their home ranges. And I believe that it's actually stated in one of the Pokedexes that Ekans and Arbok, at least, are known for eating Pidgeys and their eggs, as well as the occasional Rattata.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 20th, 2009, 11:20 pm

That only helps if you're using it to hide the fact that you've taken several levels in Badass without your enemy knowing. Like Puss-in-Boots in Shrek 2, or a Dragonite right before you piss it off. Otherwise you're a cute fluffy little stint of target practice.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 20th, 2009, 11:56 pm

HAH! I call :bs: !!
I'll have you know that my Eevee can kick the keister of any Charizard stupid enough to try.

That only helps if you're using it to hide the fact that you've taken several levels in Badass without your enemy knowing. Like Puss-in-Boots in Shrek 2, or a Dragonite right before you piss it off. Otherwise you're a cute fluffy little stint of target practice.
*snorts* Pul-leease. Eevee is surprisingly dangerous; it's fast, it's vicious when angered, & I can kick the derriere of anything with one.
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 12:05 am

It's a pure normal type, it can barely touch a Ghost-type like Gengar, and Fighting types like Hitmonchan use them as their personal punching bags. Any one of my team could take down an Eevee of an equivalent level with ease, including my single Ghost-type, as it's also an electric type (Rotum, which also fulfills the prerequisites I laid out earlier for being cute and still being effective)
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 21st, 2009, 2:31 am

It's a pure normal type, it can barely touch a Ghost-type like Gengar, and Fighting types like Hitmonchan use them as their personal punching bags. Any one of my team could take down an Eevee of an equivalent level with ease, including my single Ghost-type, as it's also an electric type (Rotum, which also fulfills the prerequisites I laid out earlier for being cute and still being effective)
One word: Bite.
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 4:16 am

I hate to tell you this, but one offensive attack ain't gonna cut it when it's facing down thing's like Fire Blast and Solar Beam, Thunder and Hi-Jump Kick. I stack my boys for pure offense and they deliver, in spades.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 21st, 2009, 4:30 am

I hate to tell you this, but one offensive attack ain't gonna cut it when it's facing down thing's like Fire Blast and Solar Beam, Thunder and Hi-Jump Kick. I stack my boys for pure offense and they deliver, in spades.
So do I. Besides, those moves don't count for much when they can't hit the target, & Sand Attack makes it damn hard. Plus, Quick Attack & my Quick Claw means I get first shot. Finally, my Eevees & Eeveelutions are given all the stats pumpers they can handle & are trained straight to level 100. :dance
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 4:34 am

I thought we were talking about a single one-on-one fight with an Eevee vs anything else. And as I said before, any member of my team can take on an Eevee of equivalent levels and win, no sweat. And quick attack doesn't mean much unless it's a critical hit, it's pretty down there power-wise. So you'd get first blood, so what? Scratching your opponent first doesn't mean much when they decapitate you on their move. And Quick Claws can be equipped to your opponents too.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kitty-Chan » February 21st, 2009, 4:41 am

Bite not only causes a lot of damage & makes phychic & ghost types run crying to their mommies, but it also has a high chance of causing the victim to cringe. High-powered moves are useless if they can't fire them off.
Kitty-Chan

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » February 21st, 2009, 10:13 am

I would like to point out that several times in the anime I saw Brock feeding them some chunky meat like substance.

Eevee might indeed be cute, but it does rather poorly in a fight (Though its evolutions are wonderful). It's base stats are decent enough for a first stage pkmn, but that's about it. It's move pool especially weakens it as, against the likes of a Gengar, it can barely hit it. Granted it CAN use attacks like Bite and Shadow Ball, but Bite (base attack of 6o, which is rather low against a Gengar) only has a 3o% chance of causing flinching while Special attack (for Shadow Ball) is Eevee's lowest base stat.

I think it would take an enormous amount of luck on your part, and a tremendous amount of incompetence on your opponent's part, in order to pull off a victory with that match up.

I get what you're saying that Eevee's cute and all. I'd love for Caterpie (so adorable!!!) to be just as powerful as some of higher stage pokemon as well. The simple fact of the matter is though that they aren't, their evolutions can work in that kind of competition, sure, but the first forms don't.

Hey Tempest! Do you have Diamond/Pearl?
SquirrelyRequiem

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 12:58 pm

Yeah, got Pearl. And thanks for backing up my argument, it was starting to degenerate intoa a "nuh-uh!" "uh-huh!" playground scuffle.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » February 21st, 2009, 1:16 pm

Serebii's pokedex is wonderful for things like that.

Have wifi access?
SquirrelyRequiem

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 1:28 pm

At the moment no, and my DS is dead with a lost charger as well.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby SquirrelyRequiem » February 21st, 2009, 1:35 pm

Awww, I was hoping to have a match...
SquirrelyRequiem

Unread postby unknown500 » February 21st, 2009, 4:51 pm

Um, I have Pokemon Diamond and Pearl. Waiting for Platinum.
unknown500

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 21st, 2009, 5:11 pm

Aaaand that's the point where I'm gonna ask a Mod to clip the previous posts and put them in a new thread in the Gaming Discussion part of the forum.
Last edited by Tempest Kitsune on February 21st, 2009, 5:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs