This game, it must be made! Do it Developers, do it now!!

This game, it must be made! Do it Developers, do it now!!

Unread postby Shoubushi » March 26th, 2009, 4:33 am

We all have one, a game or type of game that we yearn for above all others. It is our perfect game and if only we had it we could live blissfully for the rest of our lives. So what is yours?

Mine is already in the works but it's going to take a while to make. That is the World of Darkness MMO that is being made by the developers of EVE Online. Finally, a game where I can play as a werewolf. The last one that even sorta counts is Altered Beast but really you weren't a werewolf but for a couple of levels.
Shoubushi

Re: This game, it must be made! Do it Developers, do it now!!

Unread postby AntiNaba » March 26th, 2009, 3:37 pm

Dungeon Keeper Three, Syndicate (FPS) Three, and Freespace Three.

With music tracks equal to or greater in audial awesome than Hell March 3.

This trio, should it arrive, will herald God himself.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Darkandus » March 26th, 2009, 4:58 pm

As hard as it is to accept I know a game like this won't be created in my lifetime.

What I want is a fully immersive virtual reality experiance where your actions and abilities are controlled through thought. A game that assigns you abilities depedant on your personality and your power is restricted only by your level, your will and your ingenuity.

For example, A manipulator of fire and a manipulator of water engage in battle. The fire user attempts to boil the liquids of the water user while the water user attempts to rip out the water from the cells of the fire user. To directly affect the composition of the other they must dominate the will of the other they must physically want it to happen for it to work in the game. The characters level puts force multipliers on their actual will, but in reality is more of an indication of their actual experiance ingame.

That is where ingenuity comes in. If you want to battle someone with all of your will you can't be distracted, even for a moment, and the games feedback can produce just that kind of distraction. As an example lets say the water user is losing the battle of wills so to even the odds he gradually increases the humidity around the fire user so the fire user doesn't notice. The fire user is suddenly finding it harder to breathe. He begins to become distracted and the water user starts gaining ground. He tries to set off an explosion to startle the water user but thinking about it has let the water user slip past his guard and his character has just had every cell in his body burst from the water being ripped out. Oh well. Next time he comes across a water user he'll be on guard against raising humidity.

I know the game will never be made.

A man can dream though.

A man can dream.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby ashez2ashes » March 28th, 2009, 2:55 pm

I want a Discworld open world RPG, either as an Elder Scrolls sorta setup or an MMORPG. I think it would be really fun either way.
ashez2ashes

Unread postby Draco_Draco » March 29th, 2009, 1:17 am

:agree: :bow
I would love for there to be lots of missions where you get to work with the Watch.
Draco_Draco

Unread postby Dervon » March 29th, 2009, 7:03 am

A sequel to "XII". Because ending the game with a cliff-hanger is one of the most dickish things you can do, especially if the game was good.

A sequel to "Metal Fatigue". Same reasons as above.

A sequel to "Hostile Waters", only with added multiplayer this time, because damn, that game would have been sweet with multi...

And a new NWN2 official module in the same vein as Mask of the Betrayer, because story-telling and character interaction in western-RPGs don't get much better then this!

Just off the top of my head! :D
Dervon

Unread postby Jamey » April 1st, 2009, 9:53 pm

I'm currently making notes for a Zelda I/Final Fantasy Adventure/Zelda: Link's Awakening type game, as well as a Final Fantasy I/II(ish)/Dragon Warrior I-V type game. I'm personally planning to lay out games that will take weeks to play, rather than the standard 40 hrs. I want *HUGE* overworlds, large crazy dungeons with multiple floors and multiple entrances and exits, and a cast of weapons and armor of hundreds. I want vast arrays of magics, monsters both amusing, bemusing, frightning, and heart-breakingly cute that you have to kill anyway.

Frankly, I'm pretty sick and tired of 3D games. Zelda 64 was the worst thing that ever happened to a really awesome game series.

/me totters off on his cane, looking for a ROM of the original Metroid to download, so he can get some old-school play.
Jamey

Unread postby unknown406 » April 14th, 2009, 8:26 am

I wouild pay good money to play a 1st person Startropics game made with the Metroid Prime engine.
unknown406

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » June 11th, 2009, 10:32 pm

Dark Cloud 3
Infamous II
Assassin's Creed II
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby Random_fan » June 21st, 2009, 10:46 pm

My idea for a game that needs to be made is simple, yet for reasons that will soon become obvious will never be made.

At it's core is a simple zombie survival game, one where you can't use ranged attacks. The idea is that instead of a ragtag bunch of heroes you take various people from popular culture. Honestly, how many people wouldn't want to slash the head off a zombie as Wolverine, or using a lightsaber?
A friend and I were talking about this game and would both play it. Other possible characters would include, Samus, and the power whip, Kratos, Master Chief, Ninjas from Naruto and even The Hulk. The whole point of the game would be to survive as long as possible without being killed by the zombies, but you could play as any of your favourite charaters from games, movies or even T.V. shows,
Random_fan

Unread postby AntiNaba » June 21st, 2009, 11:17 pm

Cave Story 2. You know it to be true.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Wittgen » June 22nd, 2009, 11:05 am

That reminds me that there was supposed to be an updated version out for the Wii virtual console. Is that out yet? Has anybody played it?

Edit: Google fu just turned up that the game doesn't yet have a release date. Darn.
Wittgen

Unread postby Jasruv » June 22nd, 2009, 4:31 pm

Phantom Dust 2. The original game had a lot of potiential.
I don't believe in overkill, but I do believe in economy of force. Which is why I don't use tactical nuclear devices to get rid of gnats that are annoying me. Well, not often anyway.

Naruto shrugged. "It doesn't have to make sense, we're ninja. We walk on water because it's easier than learning to swim." Vulpine by Saphroneth

Stories do not exist to warn you of monsters. You knew that monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. Stories exist to tell you monsters can be defeated.
~Unknown
Jasruv

Unread postby AntiNaba » June 22nd, 2009, 5:49 pm

That reminds me that there was supposed to be an updated version out for the Wii virtual console. Is that out yet? Has anybody played it?

Edit: Google fu just turned up that the game doesn't yet have a release date. Darn.
The graphics, as so far as I've seen, look a little better. If only there were cutscenes.
AntiNaba

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » July 27th, 2009, 1:33 pm

*gleeful whoop* Assassin's Creed two is in development according to Gamespot, so in a year or two it might be out. :D
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby ewuvi » July 27th, 2009, 3:44 pm

:blah!:

Did you see what they're doing? It's taking place in Renaissance Europe. WTF?
ewuvi

Unread postby Dervon » July 27th, 2009, 4:16 pm

:blah!:

Did you see what they're doing? It's taking place in Renaissance Europe. WTF?
Because the era of cultural rebirth in Europe was high-time for paid killers? :P

Either that, or the protagonist from the previous game has a ton of ancestors who were assassins. :D
Dervon

Unread postby ewuvi » July 27th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Yeah sure, but the end of Assassin's Creed did not really lend itself to another play through memory type thing IMO.
ewuvi

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » July 28th, 2009, 4:08 pm

Desmond comes from an entire line of Assassin's... Wait... Uhm....If they're all Assassin's and are born into the Brotherhood....Wouldn't that make them a little.... Inbred? And Yes, the Renaissance was a dream period for assassin's most likely.

And I liked the memory play through thing. Maybe if there's a third it'll be with Desmond as a true assassin. Either way I'm happy. I like the AC play style. I also liked Oblivion and still like it. I wonder if I'd like Fallout?
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby ewuvi » July 28th, 2009, 4:19 pm

Fall Out is Oblivion, but better, in my meager experience.

You also can't be a cat, but whatever.

As for Assassin's Creed. Ah, well, at least they aren't leaving it at the kidney punching ending they had.
ewuvi

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » July 28th, 2009, 4:21 pm

Yep, now the question is: What will we do if/when they do it again?
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby Dervon » July 28th, 2009, 4:21 pm

I also liked Oblivion and still like it. I wonder if I'd like Fallout?
Depends. Fallout 3 is Oblivion with guns.

Fallout 1, 2 and Tactics are a whole different experience. Even with Tactic´s blatant disregard of the established canon, it can still be viewed as a part of the Fallout series. Can´t say the same about F3.

Don´t get me wrong, I liked F3, but it just wasn't Fallout, it was Oblivion with guns. And this cannot be said enough.
Dervon

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » July 28th, 2009, 4:23 pm

Well if I buy Fallout, d'you think I should wait for the version coming out in Nov? It has the downloadable content all ready attatched.
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Unread postby Dervon » July 28th, 2009, 4:25 pm

Well if I buy Fallout, d'you think I should wait for the version coming out in Nov? It has the downloadable content all ready attatched.
Yes. The price should be the same, and you don't have to deal with the EPIC FAIL that is Windows DLC Marketplace.

And be sure to look for some of the free mods, like the graphical overhauls (if your computer can handle them), Perk Packs, more wandering monsters, etc...

Oh, and if you hate the green tint everything has, there is a mod that removes it as well. :D Makes everything look much more realistic.
Dervon

Unread postby Kitsune_Akatsuki » July 28th, 2009, 4:33 pm

Only problem with that is that my computer is Window's XP so no where near the grade you need to play games (heck, it freezes when you play Zoo Tycoon)
so either I need to find someone who'll hire a fourteen year old kid and get enough money to buy my own computer (which is not gonna happen) or get it for PS3.... Which Means the graphics will be all blocky and it'll keep freezing and I'm rambling.
Kitsune_Akatsuki

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs