Star Wars: Republic Commando

Star Wars: Republic Commando

Unread postby ecs05norway » April 14th, 2009, 7:51 pm

So, I'm stuck on the last Geonosis level here. Fun game so far, really it is, but this level has a 4-minute time limit and a lot of very tough enemies. I keep getting clobbered on the bridge before I can get the launch codes, much less escape.

Anyone got any suggestions?
ecs05norway

Re: Star Wars: Republic Commando

Unread postby bibliophile20 » April 14th, 2009, 8:56 pm

Hit the bridge hard and fast, immediately set your squadmates to slice the terminal (because that takes a full minute) and set the other two to take position behind the cover of the nearby consoles. There are healing stations on the terminal bulkhead; keep an eye on the squad's health and have them heal as needed.
bibliophile20

Unread postby ecs05norway » April 14th, 2009, 9:35 pm

Good advice, but difficult to implement. And I run into troubles getting /to/ the bridge in time for it to matter.
ecs05norway

Unread postby bibliophile20 » April 14th, 2009, 9:57 pm

Next time you come by for gaming, I can boot up the Xbox and demonstrate tactics, if you'd like. You'll probably even get a good laugh out of it when I die a few times--I'm out of practice.
bibliophile20

Unread postby Phht » April 15th, 2009, 12:08 am

Eww. Console FPSing. :halo

Man, just wait til you start the next campaign in RC. So creepy and spooky for the first part. I love it.

I should point out that the anti-armor attachment? Get good aiming it, and you can pop Destroyer Droids, SBDs, or ceiling turrets in 1-2 shots if it's a direct hit on their center of mass. Don't be skimpy with grenade use for thermals and EMPs against the attacking waves - or anti-armor rounds if you have any. After the terminal gets sliced, recall your guys and just run down past the console, out the back and as fast as possible to the exit.
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs