City of Heroes Shout-Out

City of Heroes Shout-Out

Unread postby viridian » April 27th, 2008, 5:07 pm

Hello,

A few people have mentioned playing this MMORPG. Thought it might be interesting to hear who is on what server.

I have higher level characters on:

Freedom - Villain(41 MasterMind) and Hero (46Controller) side.
Virtue - Villain (36 Brute)

Lemme know if you need help finishing a mission, beating down an enemy, etc. :duh
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Re: City of Heroes Shout-Out

Unread postby runsamok » April 28th, 2008, 11:56 pm

Does anyone else play City of Heroes / City of Villains? I have played in the past...
Sincerely,
Lindsey Schocke (aka Runsamok)

"In the penny jar of life, I want to be a quarter."
runsamok

Unread postby Baladar » April 29th, 2008, 12:04 am

I've been playing on and off since launch for the past few years and my three main guys have made the transition to a Mutents and Mastermainds campaign. The GM fused the story lines for the two settings and made something pretty cool.

Dark Swordsman
Scrapper: Magic: B.Sword / Regen
During the Rikti/Terminus invasion a mothership crashed into neighborhood, killing his family and trapping young Edward Drake beneath the city. He wandered for days in the dark, until he found subterranean ruins that glowed with strange magiks. He found a blade on a pedestal that changed him when he took hold of it. After taking a few of the books that filled the libraries, Edward left the city of Orenbega (this is prior to the Circle of Thorns finding it) and went to the surface to help rebuild his city.
Costume: His armor is mixture of chainmail and kevlar that is black, with celtic runs and symbols in crimson. Wears a pair of ruby colored shades and a black wrap over his lower face. His cape is also like his armor in that it is black with red celtic runes. Despite his using a sword, DS has yet to kill anyone.

Wild Aces (Despite his name, he dosn't have a card theme. It just sounds cool)
Blaster: Training: Rifle / Gadgets
Gary Goldstein was a good man. He served his country in war, was a good father and husbend, went to temple, and lived as a pious man. Then his wife and daughter were murdered by a petty thug. The cops had all the evidence to lock the guy up forever and a day, but he was the son of one of the city's most prominent Dons. It took some doing, but Goldstein got his revenge. But he didn't stop there; he found the cops on the take that wouldn't move to investigate, the ADA that repeatedly looked the other way for the mafia bosses, and all of the punk's criminal friends. When the dust and blood had settled the entire branch of King's Row's mob and all of their goons on the take here and there had been thrown in jail or the morgue, and then Goldstein realized that others in the city had suffered as he had. Armed with the latest in military hardware, he took to the streets to clean the house.
Costume: A trench coat hides his tactical gear and body armor. All that most people see are the black mask over his lower face, jade colored smartlink goggles, and blood red bandanna.

Mr. Twilight
Defender: Magic / Mythos: Dark / Dark
In the year 1855 Anthony Delgato was a very talented man, he was a marvel on the stage and could move that hardest of hearts with his performace. Then his acting troop took up a new play that was, as they were told, the greatest play to grace the theaters of Paris in decades. The play was called, "The King in Yellow." Strange things happened while the troop prepared for opening night, and when the first big show reached its climax was when all hell broke loose. The lights went out and horrid creatures beyond discription tore through the crowd. Anthony awoke in the ruins of the theatre, only to find five years had past. Since then he has not aged and found that he weilds power over forces he doesn't understand. So he searches for answers, only to find horrors that threaten the world and existance. When the Invasion came, he answered the call.
Costume: Mr. Twilight is one of the few heroes that doesn't wear a cape or mask or use a false name. The media calls him Mr. Twilight, not buying his story of being over two hundred years old. He wears a suit, tie, and an old fedora. Far too many thugs have asked him if he was selling insurance.
Baladar

Unread postby ecs05norway » October 30th, 2008, 11:43 am

I and some friends have a team of Kumogakure ninja running around the Rogue Isles, killing people for fun and profit.

Kagetsuki Misao - me - DualBlades/DarkArmor stalker. Casual and friendly, clan specializes in shadow-control techniques much like the Nara.

Chiyuki Inari - Ice/Ice Corruptor. Cheerful kitsune who thoroughly enjoys her job.

Hanagawa Sachie - Superstrength/Willpower Brute. Coming from a clan of geisha and genjutsu mistress / seductress prodigies, she's the odd girl out -- especially at 6' tall and muscled like a wrestler. Taciturn, but still very skilled at all her clan's techniques, it's just hard to apply them when you're a walking mountain. (On the other hand, she gives /great/ massages... her teammates consider themselves lucky to have her.)

We can be found now and again on Virtue server.
ecs05norway

Unread postby viridian » October 30th, 2008, 2:28 pm

Superstrength / Willpower is SO dang much fun. You can handle almost as much crazy @#$%^ as bots/dark mastermind, only you are getting to take of business personally. You only have serious blue-bar issues fighting sappers and carnies, and the knockdown mitigates the alpha strikes enough for Willpower to keep you on your feet. This is my second favorite power combination.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby ecs05norway » October 30th, 2008, 3:24 pm

Yeah. Me, I almost always pick power combos for style, not effectiveness, though.

Blades/Dark, for example, for Misao, was a definite style pick. I even restarted her from level 1 when Dual Blades hit (she was originally Ninja Blade / Dark).

Another one I recently started (in a 'not quite right magical girls' group) is Alicia of the Fury, a Fire/Storm controller. She's all kinds of fun even if not quite the most powerful out there.
ecs05norway

Unread postby viridian » October 30th, 2008, 3:35 pm

I really, really, HATE having to conserve my endurance, especially with a Brute... but I end up taking Stamina on every character I've played so far. (I think the only one that didn't get it by 20 was the Bots/Dark.) Style is nice, but if the gameplay is kludgey it will rapidly get on my nerves... and if you've played a power combo that just refuses to play well together, it can be excruciating.

I played a Fire/Fire brute to around 20 or so, but every time he started to get his Fury built up, he'd run out of endurance... and by the time I got some blue back, his Fury was gone. Sooooo frustrating. I think that's the main reason I was so excited when the /willpower set came out. And yes, I still stacked Stamina on top of it. When I'm playing ice-breaker for a full group, pausing for endurance to rebuild makes everyone wait.
-
Viridian
viridian
Site Admin

Unread postby DidelotM1 » October 30th, 2008, 5:17 pm

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

erm sorry. couldn't help myself for a moment there. *ahem* anyway. Been online with CoH since the three day head start of it's inception. I run almost exclusively on the Virtue server, but would be willing to throw something together if there was some kind of Viridian Super Group/Villian Group made or a regular timeframe for those that have the game to run around and such.

In game name: @Chrome Fist

and the characters I have include...

Chrome Fist - Claws/Invun Scrapper. lvl 50
Dr. Mary Frost - Ice/Ice Dominator lvl 50
The Necrodragon - Dark/dark defender lvl 37
Silver Sigma -Dual Blades/Willpower Brute lvl 35
Twin Fang Dual Blades/Willpower Scrapper lvl 33
Chrome Strike Martial Arts/Regen Scrapper lvl 18
Operative Talia Villian Epic lvl 27
Eulogy Rose Dark/Dark brute lvl 44
Oni Ryu Ninja Blade/Ninjitsu stalker lvl 20
Starcrash Gavity/Energy Dominator lvl 19
DidelotM1

Unread postby Kitsune no Arashi » November 2nd, 2008, 3:43 am

Champion
•Shadows of the moon
oLevel 23
villain
oMagic Mastermind
Ninja/Force feilds
oDescription
Daughter of the lunar titan Lady Selene and a Japanese businessman ‘The Shadows of the Moon’ became trapped in Paragon Cities ‘City of Villains’ while on a mission in Arachnos Grandville headquarters. Ambushed by a longbow force designed to assassinate Arachnos she was eventually subdued and placed in the ziggurat. After escaping during the Arachnos breakout Hinata has been unable to leave until her mission is complete. Until then she waits, building her forcers and her power for the opportune moment. Beware the moonlight!
•Tsuki Moonstrike
oLevel 22
Hero
oMagic Defender
Storm Summoning/Ice
oDescription
Daughter of the lunar titan Selene and a Japanese businessman, Miss moonstrike is an accomplished shinobi mystic with a stormy disposition. Joining paragon cities ‘city of heroes’ soon after her sisters disappearance, Tsuki has vowed to right the wrongs of the past and uncover the mystery of her sisters’ fate. Though recent stories from her contacts in longbow of a pair of shadow assassins operating in the nearby city of villains gives her a dubious hope, she can only trust that Arachnos continued existence does not mean her sisters demise. Beware the moonlight!
•Deven Moonstrike
oLevel 26
Villain
oMagic Stalker
Ninja Blade/Ninjutsu
oDescription
Former Japanese businessman and current consort to the Lunar Titaness Lady Selene, Deven has taken up the mantel if the shinobi within the borders of paragon cities ‘rogue isles’ in an effort to unravel the mystery behind the disappearance of his twin daughters Hinata and Tsuki. Upon arriving in ‘Grandville’, the location of his first daughters original mission he has thus far tracked her path to the prison known as the ziggurat. As the emanations surrounding the city mute his connection to his wife and children, only time shall tell of they are all right. Beware the moonlight!
•Lady Selene
oLevel Pending
Hero
oNatural Peacebringer?/?Warshade
 Pending
oDescription
Pending
Kitsune no Arashi

Unread postby Thrythlind » December 4th, 2008, 11:30 pm

http://thrythlind.deviantart.com/art/Ci ... r-67366830

The above is a rather old roster...think its about a year out of date now....
Thrythlind

Unread postby Thrythlind » December 22nd, 2008, 6:18 pm

Just a bit of plug for my recent CoH vid:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hrxA6lLM ... annel_page
Thrythlind

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » May 16th, 2010, 1:16 am

I summon this thread to rise from the grave!

Anywho, anyone here playing CoV on the Virtue server? Just reactivated my old account. Playing a Mastermind called Master Kaze. Ninja minions and Storm Summoning as my secondary.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby unknown87 » October 13th, 2010, 11:16 pm

Holy hell. It's been a long time since I played CoH.

I had a L23 Scrapper on... Freedom or Virtue, back in the day. I quit just after capes and auras were implemented. Hoo boy did I suck. I've heard it's not nearly as bad now, but I recall trudging through multiple levels where I had to spend alot of time sitting down between rooms of a mission. I was the asthmatic scrapper for most of my playtime. Why? Because I picked Broadsword/Super Reflexes as my power set, the two most stamina hogging powersets you could be as a scrapper. Also, I got beat down a whole lot. By the time I got to those crystal dudes who buffed their accuracy, I gave up, as I had zero defense against them. I briefly re-rolled a Broadsword/Invuln scrapper, but gave up as I couldn't bring myself to grind up to my previous level.
unknown87

Unread postby Satori » October 15th, 2010, 12:46 pm

Mr. Twilight
Defender: Magic / Mythos: Dark / Dark
In the year 1855 Anthony Delgato was a very talented man, he was a marvel on the stage and could move that hardest of hearts with his performace. Then his acting troop took up a new play that was, as they were told, the greatest play to grace the theaters of Paris in decades. The play was called, "The King in Yellow." Strange things happened while the troop prepared for opening night, and when the first big show reached its climax was when all hell broke loose. The lights went out and horrid creatures beyond discription tore through the crowd. Anthony awoke in the ruins of the theatre, only to find five years had past. Since then he has not aged and found that he weilds power over forces he doesn't understand. So he searches for answers, only to find horrors that threaten the world and existance. When the Invasion came, he answered the call.
Costume: Mr. Twilight is one of the few heroes that doesn't wear a cape or mask or use a false name. The media calls him Mr. Twilight, not buying his story of being over two hundred years old. He wears a suit, tie, and an old fedora. Far too many thugs have asked him if he was selling insurance.
Seriously?

Last i heard, actually completing the King in Yellow tended to get the whole planetary population eaten by extradimensional gribblies.
Satori

Unread postby Jasruv » October 19th, 2010, 3:07 pm

My profile pic is of my Energy/Fire Blaster Hi Arashi on Pinacle. He is level 32 or 33 I believe.

His back story is that he was drawn into a different world where he learned fire and force magics. He was then banished back to Paragon City where he had to relearn most of his abilities. Although he was primarily a fire mage in the other world, his energy magics are more powerful in Paragon City.

I hope to reactivate my account and start playing again in Nov.
I don't believe in overkill, but I do believe in economy of force. Which is why I don't use tactical nuclear devices to get rid of gnats that are annoying me. Well, not often anyway.

Naruto shrugged. "It doesn't have to make sense, we're ninja. We walk on water because it's easier than learning to swim." Vulpine by Saphroneth

Stories do not exist to warn you of monsters. You knew that monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. Stories exist to tell you monsters can be defeated.
~Unknown
Jasruv

Unread postby Jasruv » October 8th, 2011, 4:16 pm

Freedom!

City of Heroes is now Free to Play.

I'm currently having a blast playing Mesohunter, an Willpower/Axe tanker on the Freedom server.

So, anyone want to start up a Viridian Supergroup? Or maybe two, one for Heroes and another for Villians.
I don't believe in overkill, but I do believe in economy of force. Which is why I don't use tactical nuclear devices to get rid of gnats that are annoying me. Well, not often anyway.

Naruto shrugged. "It doesn't have to make sense, we're ninja. We walk on water because it's easier than learning to swim." Vulpine by Saphroneth

Stories do not exist to warn you of monsters. You knew that monsters existed before you could speak, before you could walk. Stories exist to tell you monsters can be defeated.
~Unknown
Jasruv

Unread postby Phht » October 8th, 2011, 7:41 pm

Actually, according to the CoH website, free players cannot join Super Groups. You have to be at least premium for that (so current or former subscriber).
"BTW, Phht your ability to think of a plot bunny about any situation impresses me, amuses me and horrifies me. All at the same time. Good for you!" - doc.exe
Play Billy vs Snakeman.
--
Naruto RP: Higure Yuuhi (Sp Jonin, age 20, Konoha)
RP Atlas - Naruto RP wiki
Phht

Return to “%s” Console Games, Computer Games, & MMORPGs