Ninja Arts and You

Re: Ninja Arts and You

Unread postby Kelenas » January 26th, 2011, 6:03 pm

FF.net has had this snippet a few days. I'm only posting this here now because there were some problems with my account.

Lo and behold, this time it isn't even about laundry in any way!
Spoiler: show
Application 6: Shelter

Not for first time Naruto questioned his decision to join Jiraiya on his 'training journey', rather than staying in Konoha with his friends. Not because Jiraiya was a bad teacher, far from it; the white-haired shinobi had just the right mix of hands-off practical training that Naruto soaked up like a sponge paired with some not-boring theory so the blonde wasn't completely without a clue how the stuff he was learning actually worked.

No, the problem simply laid in the 'journey' part that accompanied the 'training' bit. More than half of their time was spent traveling from one place to another, seeking out agents of Jiraiya's network, or avoiding those of Akatsuki. Not only did it cut into their training time quite a bit, it also left them exposed to the elements, such as Wind Country's scorching sun, Water Country's freezing rain, or Snow Country's icy winds, quite often, and Naruto at least wasn't keen on losing out on valuable training time just because he had to recover from a pneumonia, or a heatstroke, or the like.

“I told you it would rain, ero-sennin!”

“Don't call me that, brat!”

“Then stop being a pervert! If you hadn't spent all morning trying to ogle or grope those girls at the inn, we'd be safe and dry and warm in the town by now! Or we could've listened to Gamasekkou and gotten some rain coats!” Naruto had stopped walking during his tirade and was flinging rainwater everywhere with his gestures.

“Bah!” Jiraiya waved Naruto's complaints aside, not even bothering to stop in his stride. “A bit rain like this won't harm you. And if you do get sick, then you obviously need some toughening up!”

“You just want more time to peek on hot springs and perv on girls, while I have to stay in bed,” Naruto accused him with narrowed eyes. “Well, screw that! If I get sick, I'll be always following you around, and cough and sneeze at the worst times, like when you're spying on women, and tell every girl I meet what a horrible master you are!”

Coming to an immediate stop, the sannin whipped his head around to give his apprentice a withering glare. “Fine!” he ground out. “Since you're obviously such a baby, do you need me to wipe your ass, too?!”

Still grumbling, Jiraiya walked off the road, while Naruto grinned victoriously. Obviously he'd been right; if you can't convince people with reason or beat sense into them, annoy the living hell out of them.

He briefly wondered what his teacher would do as he watched the white-haired man go through a short sequence of hand seals. Slamming his hands onto the ground, a near-perfect square of earth rose up like a wall. The action was quickly repeated two more times to create additional walls perpendicular to the first, and the third time Jiraiya grabbed the resulting wall and threw it on top of the other three as a roof to create a simple shelter from the weather.

“There, happy now?” he asked grumbling as he sat down inside, and Naruto quickly followed suit beside him, the two watching the rain in silence. The sannin was just about to pull out his 'research notes' when Naruto spoke up again.

“Ne, ero-sennin... I'm bored. Teach me something!”

“Aaaahhhhrgh!”
- Kelenas
Kelenas

Unread postby Lightwhispers » January 26th, 2011, 8:04 pm

Nifty! I approve. And I love the last two lines! :waytogo
Warning: the above may contain strong language (which may be unsuitable for children), unusual humor (which may be unsuitable for adults), and logic (which may be unsuitable for stupid people).
-adapted from xkcd

I'm a solipsistic conspiracy theorist. I'm sure I must be up to something, and I will not stop until I find out what.
-xkcd
Lightwhispers

Unread postby tjchaos » January 27th, 2011, 10:20 pm

These are great!

Need some of these to go with them I think:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kit ... 4AodthH32A

Oh God, don't mentioned that to Perfect Lionheart, it'll only give him ideas.
You know that you will be considered a horrible person if this happens now.
tjchaos

Unread postby Ironwolf » January 28th, 2011, 7:11 pm

These are great!

Need some of these to go with them I think:
http://www.thinkgeek.com/homeoffice/kit ... 4AodthH32A

Oh God, don't mentioned that to Perfect Lionheart, it'll only give him ideas.
You know that you will be considered a horrible person if this happens now.
My friend, in many places I'm already considered a horrible person.
Ironwolf

Unread postby Kelenas » February 4th, 2011, 7:12 am

This time, you're the first one to see the next snippet. Hope you like it.
In case you're wondering; there's a seventh snippet, which can be found on FF.net, but it wasn't written by me, so I didn't feel comfortable posting it here. I did get permission from the author to post it on FF.net, though.
Spoiler: show
Application 8: Shelter, Advanced

“Here's just fine,” Yamato said after a look around the small clearing, launching into a series of handseals. Immediately after the rest of his team were surprised by a number of wooden beams breaking through the ground, splitting and rearranging themselves until they had taken the form of a fairly large, two-story tall cottage.

“We'll camp here for the night,” the wood-user announced as he jumped off the house's roof, landing beside a stunned Sakura to open the door. Even Sai looked a bit nonplussed at this casual display of ninjutsu prowess for such a mundane reason, though he wasn't as obvious about it.

“Well, let's get get settled in for the night, shall we?” he asked, placing a reassuring hand on his two subordinates' shoulders, receiving a nod from Sakura – who still looked somewhat disbelieving at the situation – while Sai simply walked towards the house's door.

“You coming, Naruto?” Yamato turned to the last member of his team, to find him fishing around for something in his backpack.

“Don't worry about me, Yamato-taichou, I've got my own!” the blond jinchuuriki answered cheerfully. “Ah! Found it!”

He pulled out what looked like a storage scroll, quickly opening it and smearing it with blood from his thumb before throwing it onto the ground about a dozen meters away. When the smoke from the released storage seal finally cleared away, it revealed a rather sizable house. Not just a wooden cottage like Yamato summoned with his technique, but an actual house, with concrete walls, glazed windows, and a tiled roof.

“Naruto... how did you put a house into a storage seal?” Yamato finally asked, unbelieving.

“Yeah. Tazuna and the people of Wave built it for me when I went there with ero-sennin, but I didn't want to leave it there where I'd hardly get a chance to use it, so I decided to take it with me. And when I told and showed them,” he stepped through the front door and flipped a light switch next to the entrance, “they installed a generator and water tank and stuff. It's got guest rooms, a kitchen, a big bathroom, television, air conditioning, central heating, and everything! They even thought of a small room for training! Isn't it awesome?”

Naruto stood in the lobby of his house, looking back at his team with a large, goofy grin.

“This is at the same time very impressive and utterly moronic. As expected from the dickless wonder,” Sai commented, earning a one-fingered salute from Naruto.

“Would you rather sleep outside?” the blonde asked in return.

“I most humbly apologize for questioning your mental faculties,” the ROOT agent replied, his voice dripping with false sincerity, but Naruto simply shrugged.

“Whatever. Sakura?”

The pink-haired girl seemed torn for a few moments between the comfort's Naruto's dwelling offered, and loyalty to Yamato's status as an authority figure. Finally, she turned to the jounin with a small bow.

“I'm sorry to decline your invitation, Yamato-taichou, but... hot bath!” she finished her sentence with a small squeal, quickly pushing past her blond teammate, shouting that she called dibs on the bathroom.

Yamato stared at the building where he could now hear Sakura giving a lecture to Sai and Naruto what would happen to them if they dared to try and peek on her with a blank look before he turned towards his wooden cottage.

I like it,” he murmured with a small pout, which slowly melted into a smile. Dispelling his technique, he began to walk towards Naruto's house, quietly chuckling to himself; Kakashi-senpai had warned him that Naruto was known as 'Konoha's most surprising ninja' for a reason, after all.
Writing Sai was a bit difficult, as I know little about him other than that he's socially awkward and likes to comment on Naruto's dick for some reason.

- Kelenas
Kelenas

Unread postby Vael » February 10th, 2011, 6:01 pm

That was pretty awesome ^^

Say, here's an idea for ya:

Douton! Male Stone Form Jutsu!
An extremely simple earth technique taught to all males the moment they learn to mold chakra, and then ingrained via training to become a completely instinctive technique. When learned, the memories of learning the technique is wiped from their minds, only the teachers of this technique, the Council Elder, knows of the technique's existance and its true purpose.

Whenever a male finds himself in a completely and utterly fubar'ed moment involving indignant females, he immediately molds this technique to toughen his body as a counter for the female's equally instinctive "Onna Tora Taijutsu". Depending on their need and chakra levels, either the technique simply toughens their body to withstand pretty much anything thrown their way and allowing them a chance to escape or their body completely turns to stone, the absolute defense offered in the last instance had saved many a peeping nin's life.

Truely a wonderous technique, one that has been brought to new heights thanks in part to the Icha Icha Sage's work and his selfless devotion to the Cause. It is rumored that he was able to survive peeping on Tsunade thanks to his work on this very jutsu.

=======

....just a random thought though ^^;;;;
~WARNING! MIND AT WORK!~

KH Wiki: The Keyhole
Fairly solid as a resource and rather organized, perfect for newcomers to KH.
Kingdom Hearts Wiki
Parent-site of The Keyhole, a little less organized in my opinion, but goes a little deeper into the mechanics of KH.
Vael

Return to “%s” One-Shots, Drabbles, and Miscellany