Frayed Tales

Frayed Tales

Unread postby Kirai » June 16th, 2010, 2:27 pm

I've gotten a little scene in my head that I just had to write down.

It's part of a bigger story, but I'm not gonna write that in a while and it stands well enough on it's own.

I might add more one shots here later too.
Spoiler: show
Sakura sneered down at Pain. The battle had been disappointingly easy. She had hoped for something more from somebody who called himself a god.

She spat down at him. “You aren't a god. You are an insect. An insect ruling over an insignificant city, on an insignificant world in a dying system. You are nothing more than dust beneath my feet.”

Sasuke stood behind her, expression hidden beneath a visor, but she could hear him snort in amusement.

“I've roamed the heavens, I've destroyed countless lives. I'm a true immortal. If I kill you now, will you come back? Or will you stay dead? I've died countless times. In the heavens, fighting other gods, or on the ground. Playing with you insects. I've transcended this weak flesh. Have you?” She sneered down at the broken body beneath her feet.

Still, such awesome power, to control gravity...

She turned away, the amount of chakra needed to use the power made it useless to her.

Pain looked up, up into the empty sky a soft smile on his lips.

She rolled her eyes, did he really think salvation would come from there?

“Bloody Omir ran away, Hiding from the light of day.” He whispered.

Sakura stopped in her tracks.

“Made a base out in the night, far far from the Empire's might.” The rhyme continued.

She noticed that Sasuke had started to talk to somebody.

“Holders think they all are safe, Protected by the Emp'ror's grace.” Pain smiled darkly by now, his eyes sought out Sakura's.

She shook her head and forced the panic down. He couldn't...

“Silly people, they should know, you shall reap just what you sow.” He spit up blood.

Sasuke's talk had turned frantic.

“Bloody Omir's coming back, monsters from the endless black.” Pain licked his lips, sucking the blood down eagerly.

Sakura turned to Sasuke, who had taken off his helmet. “They...”

“Wading through a crimson flood, Omir's come to drink your blood.” Pain had to shout the last words of the rhyme, as the sky tore asunder under the howl of powerful engines, Sakura could see several dozen drop-ships descend onto the helpless planet.

“I'm looking forward to drinking your blood, little goddess.” Pain hacked painfully, somehow he had managed to hide a knife from them and he quickly plunged it into his body. “Till our next fight.”
Also I just wanted to embed that poem in a story, not mine sadly but it's just too cool^^
Kirai

Re: Frayed Tales

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 16th, 2010, 4:04 pm

Love the fic, and that poem is epic. One of my favorite scene-types (not sure what else to call it) is when someone thinks they defeated the villain and then the horrific realization that the fight just started. I wish that scene was a drink of some kind so I could drown in it.

Is it a crossover with something or just the naruto-verse bumped forward a couple centuries tech wise?

Hope you end up writing more for this once your done with your other stuff, an interesting pein is very appealing.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » June 16th, 2010, 4:07 pm

Well do you know who that poem is talking about? You should^^
Kirai

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 16th, 2010, 4:12 pm

*sigh*

I just love it when someone says that. Alright, tell me how I have brought shame upon myself this time.

EDIT:

I am seriously blind, but then hindsight is 20/20.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » June 23rd, 2010, 2:04 pm

Aaand another short from the same universe. How do Sasuke and Ino spend their time away from Sakura?
Sasuke smiled softly as he watched the waves gently lick the beach. The sun shone through a clear sky, only occasionally broken by white clouds, several people amused themselves in the water, laughing and screaming.

His eyes followed the curves of the women, jumping in and out of the waves. He sipped on his drink, an exotic local alcohol, he didn't bother to remember the name off.

It didn't matter after all, he had more than enough recipes to last him a while. He hadn't even tried a fraction of them yet.

One woman came out of the water, shaking her long blond her. His smile grew as he watched Ino strut towards him, shaking her hips so enticingly. “Enjoying the sun?” She purred, draping herself over him.

The cold water dropping from her skin send shivers down his spine, though that might have been the way Ino wrapped herself around him. She pressed her lips on his and he opened his mouth eagerly.

They kissed for a while, groping each other as much as possible, before Ino pulled back. “Hmm, lets go somewhere a bit more private, eh Sasuke?” She whispered in his ear. He bet her grin split her face in half.

“Hmm, I enjoy the view here though.” He replied, pretending disinterest. Ino's hand wandered down his abs. And he couldn't entirely repress the twitching.

“Oh? I bet you do, but I can show you a much...” Loud incessant beeping from beside the icebox interrupted her.

Sasuke cursed under his breath. Why now? Why not ten minutes earlier! He considered ignoring the beeping, but the damn thing wouldn't have activated if the person calling didn't know the priority codes.

“I hate the universe.” He grumbled as he picked the thing up.

Ino sighed as well. “Hopefully it's just some job offer you can accept and we can continue were we left off.”

Sasuke nodded and pushes the button to accept the call, he hadn't bothered looking the caller up, he could count the number of people who could call him on both hands.

“You better have a damn good reason to interrupt me.” He growled into the micro.

“My my my.” A female voice replied. “So feisty.” He blinked, none of his contacts were female. So who the hell... He paled slightly.

“Miss Haruno, I'm sorry...” he quickly apologized. No need to antagonize her.

“Oh shut it Sasuke, though I find it interesting that you actually learned manners. Ino's good influence I guess.” Sakura laughed back.

“Hey Sakura!” Ino said into the recorder. “We haven't talked in ages!”

“He, yeah I figured you guys were busy learning and screwing each other.” Sakura answered her friend.

“We were, you could still have called.” Ino huffed. It did interesting things to her chest Sasuke noted.

Sakura snorted. “Hey, not all of us just went to school, some of us had to fight for our very survival.”

Silence reigned for a few seconds between them all. Then Sakura broke out in gales of laughter. Ino and Sasuke shook their head, some people.

“You have no appreciation for humor you know that?” Sakura grumbled. “Anyway, Sasuke? You still want to kill your brother?”

Sasuke blinked in surprise, he actually hadn't thought about his brother in a while. “Wasn't that how you managed to talk me into working for you?” He asked. “Offering to make me strong enough to kill Itachi?”

“I thought you might have changed your mind.” Sakura managed to convey a shrug through her voice.

Sasuke nodded slowly, in a way she was right, killing his brother had become something he planed to do eventually, but he had other priorities now.

“Not entirely wrong, but yeah I still want to kill him.” He admitted finally.

“Great, cause I got a job for you as well, so if you come back Ino can visit and we can talk about old times.” Sakura gushed enigmatically.

“What about payment?” Sasuke asked, he wouldn't move his ass for nothing after all.

“Generous as always. Besides, don't you still owe me a considerable chunk of money?” Sakura asked idly.

“Exactly the point. I want to get out of your dept this millennium.”

He could feel Ino move her hands up and down his chest. Damn her, he needed to concentrated now.

“Fine fine, come as fast as you can though, if you manage to come in a week it's a fifty percent bonus for you.”

Sasuke blinked, that would be very nice. “We'll be there in a week.” He confirmed. Behind him Ino snorted. “Don't expect us that soon, we are at the other side of the world.” She told her friend.

Sakura laughed. “He damn, I'm looking forward to your visit Ino, all the people here are just so boring. See ya in a week then kids.”

And with another beep Sakura's ended the call.

They looked at each other. “We'll have to hurry if we want that fifty percent bonus.” Sasuke said simply.

Ino nodded and climbed off him. “We can have some fun on the way I suppose. Not as much fun as this would be, but more than enough.” Sasuke grinned and nodded.

Then he bend over and picked up his sniper rifle. While Ino collected her body armor.

Turning around, his gaze swept over the majestic buildings, burning gently. He stepped over a charred corpse a bit behind the shattered husk of a tank he had used as a chair. If the wind hadn't been so favorable he might have had to smell the burnt flesh.

He smirked as he looked at the carnage. The battle had been fierce, as evident by the number of wrecks bearing the marks of his own company, but they still won. And to the victor go the spoils, or in this case the salvage rights.

He watched as a few of his troopers collected the corpses, to reprocess them. A pity really, they wouldn't be able to enjoy the sea. Oh well, a bonus and any complains would cease.

Finally his gaze stopped on the gigantic flying fortress, hanging over the captured industrial base. Soon they would be on their way to another world, to fight in whatever crazy scheme Sakura had thought up now.

He glanced at Ino's perfect body. Unmarred by any scars of the previous battle. And soon he would kill Itachi. That should be enjoyable.

Though really, it would simply provide him with closure. The last chapter of his life that bound him to Konoha would close with Itachi's dead. And he would be free of the place.

He whistled a little ditty as he stepped into the shuttle waiting for him and Ino. As soon as they had entered the shuttle started and brought them to the flying fortress, he had a war to plan.
Kirai

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 23rd, 2010, 2:45 pm

:biggrin:

Thank you!

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » June 24th, 2010, 3:39 am

Heh thanks right back.

Sadly it doesn't seem to hit anybody elses fancy^^
Kirai

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 24th, 2010, 3:44 am

Unfortunately that is true, but then fanfiction is about the fans, and I believe we are the only ones who have even played EVE.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Random_fan » June 24th, 2010, 5:26 am

Well I might know nothing about EVE but I know Ilike the snippets you've put up.
Random_fan

Unread postby SLAMU » June 24th, 2010, 11:55 pm

I didn't even know what (if any) other fandom it was crossed with. Goes to show how aware I was, I suppose. Anything us non-EVE aware folks should know about going into this?
SLAMU

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 25th, 2010, 12:06 am

Spoilers for the first short.
Well to start off, pilots from the EVE universe can clone themselves and copy all their current knowledge. In the very first short:

“I've roamed the heavens, I've destroyed countless lives. I'm a true immortal. If I kill you now, will you come back? Or will you stay dead? I've died countless times. In the heavens, fighting other gods, or on the ground. Playing with you insects. I've transcended this weak flesh. Have you?” She sneered down at the broken body beneath her feet.

that is what sakura is talking about. Obviously by 'fighting gods in the heavens' she was talking about space battles.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » June 25th, 2010, 1:26 am

For the second:
It's about an upcoming game in the EVE universe, DUST... some number I don't remember.

Console shooter, and the same technology alows people to repeatedly kill each other and just stand back up and fight again.

Sasuke and Ino are now mercenarys with access to that technology.
Kirai

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 25th, 2010, 1:34 am

They are making an FPS in the EVE universe?

Why? I dont understand how they bridged that gap.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » June 25th, 2010, 3:28 am

Simple, it's not for pod pilots.

It's an entirely new game, that tells what happens on planets, as opposed to what happens in the sky.

They have the pc players hooked, now they are trying for the console players too.

And they want a two class society with all the problems that brings. Airforce and Groundforce talking shit about each other included^^

Can you think of a better way than to make the groundforce console players? People the pc players look generally down on?^^
Kirai

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 25th, 2010, 3:48 am

Well I am just a little weirded out by the idea. As long as they keep everything on the ground instead of trying to incorporate the navies then it should not be so bad, otherwise the ground battles wont matter it will all be who controls orbit.

Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby SLAMU » June 25th, 2010, 4:17 am

This seems to help explain it a bit. I think Dervon knows a bit more about it than I, however.

It does seem to involve air superiority after a fashion, although I don't know how much it is actual gameplay and how much of it is merely graphics. Still, the crosspollination idea sounds interesting, if nothing else.
SLAMU

Return to “%s” One-Shots, Drabbles, and Miscellany