Weird Plot Bunnies from a Weird Mind

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Weird Plot Bunnies from a Weird Mind

Unread postby MEKristian » March 30th, 2010, 12:07 am

MEK gets a lot of odd ideas. Especially crossover ideas. But they're not really good or accessible enough for the plot bunnies thread, or just involve single scenes that float around my head that I can't really work into full stories.

So, as an attempt to get them out of my head, maybe-maybe-not get them developed into full ideas either by myself or somebody else, I'll be posting a few here, yes?

First one we've got is a series of crossover scenes that infested my head. Only one of them really goes on for any kind of length, but they're what I was able to write. Heck, you could say that in the gran scheme of things, they're not even finalized. But they all take place within the same story. Anyways, here's the random crossover idea:
Spoiler: show
“We’re lost.” The blue knight puts it as bluntly as possible, his red lance casually slung across his shoulders. The blue swordsman sighs calmly beside him, his new found freedom of movement not at all being detracted by such things.
“Does that really matter so much?” He asks the knight lightly, “We are obviously not at the site of the Holy Grail War, so it would be wise to gather information on our location.”
“I guess; this certainly isn’t the Grail War. Last thing I remember from that was being eaten alive by that Assassin summoned in place of you.”
Assassin nods, grimacing, “That must have been what it was.” When he notices Lancer’s confused expression, he sighs, “I was consumed by something from the inside out; I must have been used as a catalyst by that Assassin’s Master.” Both Servants sigh, continuing their trek through the abandoned city.

Both Lancer and Assassin had been summoned into this strangely empty city approximately an hour ago. There had been no signs of any type of Master around, but they had both found themselves fully supplied of prana. Heck, there was enough mana in the air of this city that they could probably go all-out without worrying. But the total lack of people in the area had been troublesome, and combined with the fact that their war had already ended had led both Servants to agree to working together until they could figure things out.

“Hey, isn’t that one of those flying-machines?” Lance blinked following Assassin’s finger. Shielding his eyes from the sun, the Servant noticed the strange flying thing in the distance.
“Well what’da know? Maybe we can figure this thing out sooner than I thought.”
---

“They’re doing rather well, aren’t they?”
“Yeah, they really are.”
“Potential recruits?”
“Am I that transparent?” The two girls chuckled; they had known each other since they were nine years old, brought together by the steel will of their third friend.
“I can see why Nanoha-chan has her eyes on these two; both of them have a lot of potential.”
“Well, that and one other reason.” The brown hair girl cocked an eyebrow, making her blonde friend smile and bring up a holo-screen with an incident report from 4 years ago.
“I remember that! It was just before we were about to take that Hot springs vacation, right?” The other girl nods.
“If you remember, Nanoha and myself saved a pair of girls who had been caught in the fire during that incident. The two turned out to be sisters, last name Nakajima.”
“So, Subaru Nakajima is…?”
“The person Nanoha saved back then.” The brunette gave a low whistle, leaning back as she watched the exploits of the B-Rank mage exam. Then she sat back up, leaning forward, watching the screen carefully. Her instincts as an investigator and aspiring commander told her that something was off about what she was seeing, but…

The sudden blaring of alarms in the small transport confirmed her worst fears.
“Lieutenant Commander Yagami! Fate-san!” The brown-haired, glasses-wearing girl appeared in a small screen to their right, obviously frantic about something.
“What’s wrong, Shari?” Hayate Yagami asked, suddenly on edge.
“We suddenly detected a high-level mass summoning event in your location. It’s similar to the Gadget Drones from before!”
Fate Testarossa-Harlaown grimaced. “Do we have permission to intervene?” Her aid shook her head sadly.
“We’re working on it, but you know how the superiors are about high-level mages…”
Hayate cursed under her breath. As the aces were forced to wait for permission to engage, those two girls would be alone in the midst of whatever had been called up.
---

“This is pretty easy.” Subaru Nakajima tells her partner, crushing a target beneath the heel of her roller-blades.
“Don’t get too cocky, Subaru,” Teana Lanster says, loading a pair of cartridges into her device, “it’s not over yet.”
“I just thought it’d be harder than this,” the blue-haired girl says, “don’t you think so, Tea?” Her partner was about to agree, before noticing the shadow out the Corner of her eye.
“Subaru-!” She shouts, causing her partner to turn, her eyes greeted by an incoming slab of concrete.
---

The moment Lancer saw something -or someone- rocket out through one of the concrete buildings he left his companion behind, heading strait for the source. The fastest Servant closes the distance in a matter of seconds, bringing his spear into a ready position. Ahead of him, lies two people; an orange haired girl in a simple white jacket, holding a silver and brown gun-like weapon, and, dressed in black armour that conceals the wearer’s identity…
“A Servant!” Lancer snarls, charging forward. He doesn’t fully understand what another Servant is doing here, but the way it’s advancing towards the girl, who obviously has no idea what’s going on, pisses him off. The weapon in his hand glows an ominous red, prepared to strike down the opposing knight.
Gáe-” he says with power, drawing the lance back for a quick thrust at the opponent’s feet.
-Bolg!” The name of the Nobel Phantasm is declared. The spear of Ireland’s Man of Light bends impossibly, bearing down on its opponent. Its curse is to absolutely pierce the opponent’s heart, so when it hits the Black Knight, it strikes… his shoulder.

Lance is dumbstruck; his spear has missed its target. Quickly, he removes the weapon, grabbing the girl and leaping away.
“My Gáe Bolg missed its target,” Lancer all but growls, standing between the Knight and the girl, “how’d you do that?” The Knight says nothing, reaching to an exposed pole and ripping it clean from its place in the ground. It swings the improvised weapon before turning towards Lancer.
“Tch… not much of a talker, huh? Well that’s fine with me!” Lancer charges again, throwing his lance towards the Black Knight. With a deafening clang, the lance meets the pole, neither side budging. Lance thrusts again and again, trying to push his opponent into a corner. But the knight blocks every strike, his weapon not even dented by the furious assault.

A blast of orange smashes into the knight, causing both opponents to pause; the orange haired girl had fired a magical burst from her weapon. Cautiously, she keeps the gun trained on her target, while setting up for a better position.
“You shouldn’t have done that, kid,” Lancer says, “now he’s gonna go after you just as much as me.”
“Then there’s no problem right?” she asks with a smirk, “He came after me before, so backing up somebody who saved my life can’t end up any worse, right?” Lancer chucked; the girl reminded him of Archer’s master, however brief their meeting had been.
“Yeah, fine, let’s do this. They call me Lancer, by the way.”
“Teana Lanster.”
“Well then, Miss Lanster, let’s do this!” The knight of the lance charges his opponent for the third time, now backed up by blasts of orange magic. But the Black Knight holds firm, dodging the strikes that it can, and batting away the ones he can’t. The battle lasts for several more seconds until-
TEA!” The forgotten girl charges into the fray. Her right punch flies forward, capable of shattering steel with the momentum. The Black Knight dodges to the side, letting the strike annihilate the concrete wall behind him. He jumps away as a sword swing enters into the spot he was just standing in. The second Servant has also joined the fray.

Suddenly, an army of shadows rises from the ground in front of the knight. They look much like beasts, red eyes glaring at the four attackers, and claws promising death for the unwary. Lancer frowns at the most recent development.
“Oh, so you have friends too? You should have told us; it would have made it much more fun!” They take up their own fighting stances, prepared to engage the beasts.
“So, you two girls up for this?” Assassin asks, taking stock of his opponents.
“We need to beat them to get out,” Subaru says in a determined tone, “so we don’t have any other option, right?” Assassin nods, before the three close-range fighters engage. The summoned beasts are far weaker than the knight, falling to far simpler strikes. Subaru smashes her armoured fist through one and Assassin cuts one down with a single slash. But each time one falls, another takes its place. The sea of beasts may be weak, but they’re endless. The longer the battle continues, the more likely a mistake will be made. And the minute they make a mistake, their opponents will kill them.

“Raising Heart?”
Load Cartridge.” The compressed capsule of magical energy enters the chamber, exploding to release its contained power.
Divine… BUSTER!” The wall of pink magic smashes through the walls, wiping out the shadows it strikes. The Black Knight takes advantage of the distraction, disappearing into the darkness behind him. The four fighters stare at their saviour; the girl in white walks into the room, a warm smile on her face. In her left hand, the long staff, topped with a golden spear-head, a red jewel in the center. In releases a cloud of steam as it ejects the spent cartridge.
“You all did well,” Nanoha Takamachi says, “So, let’s head home; the B-rank Examination is canceled, and I’m sure you four could use some rest anyways.”
-----------------

“Is this it, is this it, Naruto?”
“Sure is, Ilya-chan! Welcome to Konoha!” The boy grins widely at the small girl as she cheers. They have only known each other only a short time, but had somehow grown close. It weirded Jiraiya out to be totally honest.
“And what about you, big guy?” The 7 foot man Ilya calls Berserker only snorts. Jiraiya sighs to himself.
“Right, you can’t speak, can you?”
“Look, look, Ero Sennin! It’s Konoha!” The frog Sage twitched, unhappy that the girl had picked-up on the nickname Naruto had given him. But, considering the strange circumstances surrounding her, he lets it slide. She and her giant guardian had appeared out of thin air one day while He had been training his charge. When they had spoken, she had muttered something about a Holy Grail, some guy named Shirou (her older brother, it seemed), and a bunch of stuff he didn’t really understand. He was praying that somehow Tsunade could make some degree of sense out of it all.
“Come on, Ilya-chan! I’ll take you to Ichiraku; it’s the best ramen stand in the whole world!” The young Ninja takes off, full throttle, the girl on his shoulders happily shouting for the boy to slow down; Berserker follows at a more subdued pace, but quick enough to keep the pair in view at all times.
“What have I gotten myself into now…?”
-----------------

Archer stopped to take stock of his current situation. He had died, again. He’d left a crippled Shirou Emiya with a final weapon to be used against the Shadow. But he had a feeling the boy had just used it to achieve his own ends. Which, in retrospect, was kind of his goal in the first place; Heck, maybe Shirou had died using the weapon! But right now, such things didn’t matter. The Grail War had to have been over by now, but not only was he still around, but he was somewhere he’d never seen before. He’d woken up to some huge festival; the only way Archer knew he was still in Japan by the languages used. He’d discretely made his way into the large Sewer system. But it was only going to buy him time.
“Who’s there?” Ah yes, he’d tempted fate again. He turned to face the newcomer, finding a tall, tanned girl with dark hair. She’s pointing a gun at him, and carries an air of experience. She might actually pose a challenge to him.
“I think the better question,” the Servant asks casually, “is why you’re down here looking for me.”
“I’ve been hired to exterminate rats like you.” She says, her finger tightening on the trigger. Instinctively, Archer projects Kanshou and Bakuya, preparing to fight his way to freedom, when a light clapping echoes from the other side of the tunnel.

Turning, Archer sees a girl much shorter than the gunslinger, her brown hair done up into two odango, giving her a vaguely Chinese feel. But what intrigues him about her, is the odd feeling of magic. It reminds him of a Magic Crest, but on a higher level.
“That’s quite enough Mana,” the newcomer says lightly, “it wouldn’t be right to blindly attack this stranger before we’ve had a chance to… talk.” She regards Archer, her smile reminiscent of a cat that had just cornered the fattest, juiciest mouse in the house.
“That was some mighty interesting magic, there Stranger-san,” she says with a hint of amusement, “creating weapons equable to Pacto artifacts. Yes, very interesting indeed.”
“You know of magic? Are you a Magus?” The girl laughs at Archer’s question.
“Oh, no, no. I’m nothing of the sort; I’m barely a magic user, much less a magus. I’m merely somebody who has a certain goal in mind and is trying to gather people to achieve it. Which leads us to the present; I was wondering, Stranger-san, if you might be inclined to help me achieve this goal of mine.” Archer regards her for a moment, before dropping his guard ever so slightly.
“Oh? And what goal could this possibly be?” The girl known as Chao Lingshen smiles, putting her long sleeves together in front of her face.
“Why that’s simple; I’m going to “save everyone” of course.”
Kinda skims over some stuff, but it's just a thing that popped into my head. Comments, criticisms, death-threats?
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Re: Weird Plot Bunnies from a Weird Mind

Unread postby MEKristian » April 18th, 2010, 12:35 am

Okay, okay. Let's try some original character work this time? And two for the post of one?

First one's kinda related to the first story bit, and is written between two characters in different locations. One's a desert, one's a FMA-era type city. *shrugs*
“Ha…. Ha….” The Black figure pants from the effort of its battle. The white beast charges again, a torrent of sand betraying its position.
“Damn it!” The figure says, leaping out of the way again. It extends its right arm, wrapped in a thick, black cloth, as the beast turns towards it again. The white fiend howls in pain, meeting the hastily constructed barrier, before both parties are sent flying backwards through the sand.

The figure’s hood falls, revealing the face of a young girl, contorted with annoyance. Her skin is tanned, contrasting her blue hair and scarlet eyes.
“As I thought,” she mutters to herself, “with the limiter in place, I can’t use any of my power. But, to remove the limiter, I need authorization, and I’m completely alone out here. Damn it!” She leaps again, dodging a whip like limb from the beast. It’s changed forms; where once it resembled a shark, it now seems more a combination of a dragon and an octopus. The tentacle sweeps in for a strike, only for the back-wearing girl to leap over the strike and put more distance between the two of them.

“Well, if I can’t properly release the shroud,” she whispers, “then I’ll do the best I can.” With that, she quickly dislocates her covered arm. The girl hisses in pain, before the energy of the improper release fills her being. Quickly, she puts the arm back in its socket; breaking the flow once is more than enough to let enough power seep into the rest of her being. Quickly, she checks the weapon on her right arm.
“Ten shots,” she says, checking the magazine, “but that should be more than enough for this thing.”

As if on cue, the beast’s body seems to suck itself in, the “head” charging forwards as the body elongates. The girl readies her weapon, a long white stake appearing in the gauntlet. She swings her arm like a sword, the tip of the stake biting into the creatures hide. But the wound doesn’t stick; it only slices into the skin, and as the core remains, the beast regenerates the damage done. The girl tries to dodge again, but the beast grazes her with its claw. With a cry of pain, the figure is sent tumbling backwards into the dunes. The Lizard like beast approaches the prone girl, opening its mouth impossibly wide to swallow her whole. The first shot rings out. The stake doesn’t strike its target, merely grazing the core. But that’s more than enough. As it recoils, the girl gets up, the second round entering into the pile bunker. She grabs the beasts head, the stake and its launcher spinning around her wrist for a clear shot.
“Checkmate.” The second shot pierces the white beast cleanly, the stake piercing the core and exploding.

The girl jumps away from the beast’s corpse, even as it bursts into flames.
“Geez, what a waste of time,” she says, pulling the hood back over her head, “but I guess it can’t be helped. Just gotta get out of here before somebody picks up on what happened.” With only a quick glance back, the girl charges off into the sea of sand.

----

The man waits in the alley silently. His quarry is searching for him, compressing its power into a simple Monkey like shape. Not that it makes the black beast any less dangerous. The white knight holds his blade carefully; As soon as the beast comes into his sight, he’ll strike it down. An extended battle with a lot of flashy moves won’t do well on a stealth mission such as this. So he’ll end it decisively with a single stroke-!

“Ke-keke-kekekekekekeke.” The noise-!
“Damn-!” He jumps back from the monkey-like creature behind him. The black beast’s head launches out like a viper, mouth open for a strike. A second blade appears in the knight’s hand and he swings it out, blocking the advance. His blue eyes burn as he swing out of the alleyway. He’s been lucky that nobody has caught on, but it’s only a matter of time.

“Some moderation mission THIS turned out to be…” he grumbles, putting his blades away. He’ll just have to draw the beast to him and slice it in twain with one blow. Sighing, he draws out a stronger sword; a single edged blade enhanced with a constant flow of magic for cutting. Quickly, he turns on his heel, red-hair fluttering behind him. The beast is hot on his heels, but if he can strike true, it won’t matter. The beast launches itself at him, its arms and legs extended outwards to launch it like a slingshot. The speed is too great for even the knight’s eyes to follow. So he relies on merely his skill and other senses.
“There!” He Swings the blade, cutting the black beast cleanly in two. But, he jumps back as his senses bark a warning to him. The two halves stand on one leg each, their half-mouths grin back at him.
“Dual core!? Of all the-!” He doesn’t have time to respond as the two leap forward to attack. The Knight blocks deftly with his large blade, unable to get another strike in amongst the onslaught.

With a surprising swiftness, the knight slams the blade into the ground, jumping over it and away from the next strike. The beasts over-extend, and he leaps behind them. Two smaller sabers in hand, he quickly carves a Z-pattern through both, before grabbing his planted sword and leaping away as the pair burst into flame.
“His majesty will want to know,” he mutters, “but for now, I should make my getaway before the local authorities find me.” And, with inhuman ability, he leaps up the walls on either side on him and runs away along the rooftops.
And the second one is "fully" original; I've had the basics of the scene envisioned for a while now, but I didn't fully write them out. So, please tell me how I did on it, okay?

Oh, and for full effect, I suggest This for the first sequence.
The sky is red. The flames make it mirror the blood-soaked earth she walks on. She’s also a part of this crimson-stained world; the blood of those she has stricken down paint her lance, her cloths, her hair, her face. Her green eyes penetrate the scarlet haze, emotionlessly searching for further enemies. She has seen this numerous times, and thus feels nothing. The strangled cries, the cursing, the screams; she can block them all out, because a weapon such as herself doesn’t need to be affected. She will merely follow the order she was given and exterminate all those who remain; it is the life she knows.

But the her that watches the emotionless doll walk through the carnage does scream. She curses herself, she cries, begging the girl. She’s not quite sure what she begs for, but it’s all useless anyways; she’s just the observer to an old memory, so the weapon that is her won’t hear it. Because this is always the same-.
“Hey… kiddo…” The girl turns slowly to the noise, seeing an old man lying against a rock. He’s missing an arm, a slash wound running from where his shoulder once was to about an inch into his side; idly, she wonders if she was responsible for it. His other hand is twisted completely backwards, the limb crushed uselessly. He’s missing an eye, and blood dribbles from his lips.
“Do you think… you could grant an old soldier a last request…?” She points to herself, and the man slowly nods. She can’t explain why, but she feels compelled to hear him out.
“In my left pocket… there should be a pack of cigarettes… do you think you could get one for me…?” His voice in strained. But dutifully, she reaching in, pulling out the box. Slowly, she pulls out one and puts it in the strange man’s lips.
“You… wouldn’t happen… to have a light…. would you?” She can only shake her head. The man smiles, closing his eyes; the cigarette falls from his lips onto the bloody ground bellow his feet.
“Ah, that’s too bad then…” he all but whispers, “but… the wife did always say they were bad for me… hahaha… ha… thanks anyways… kiddo…” The man’s head tilts to the side, his breathing stops, and his life fades.

But, the girl can’t move. She’s fought and killed so many. They’ve cursed her as a monster, or pleaded for their lives, but it was nothing to her. She was an emotionless machine, cutting down the enemy. But… this man, with a simple request, with a simple statement, with a simple thanks, has broken her. An inhuman sound fills the air, and it takes her a minute to realize it’s coming from her as her as swirling emotions fight a modified physiology. Something hot streams down her face; she’s crying as she wails as best she can. Amidst the burning sky and the blood soaked earth, the girl who had been raised as the perfect killing machine sobs inconsolably in front of the corpse of a man who had shown her humanity. Three days later, when the war is over, the King’s men find her, curled up as small as she can possibly be, rasping out the sorrow that her voice and tears can no longer burden.

And the girl who watches this cries to. She beats the ground, trying to break her steel-reinforced hands against it. Desperately wanting to reach out and take hold of the self before her, to somehow give that man who had unintentionally saved her his last request. But there’s nothing she can do; memories cannot be changed, so she’ll just continue to watch the scene that had been burned into her mind all those years ago again and again.
---

Cea’s eyes snap open, her breathing irregular, but soft. Her modifications won’t allow her the simple pleasure of being able to scream at the nightmare. She wants to shiver, and cry, but the restraints on her emotions easily hold it in check. She’s nauseous, but won’t throw up. She’s dizzy, but she’d be incapable of stumbling around if she got up.
“Scary dream?” Somebody to the side of her asks a question in an unfamiliar voice. Cea turns her head, and sees the woman she had been becoming acquainted with recently looking at her, a small smile adoring her face.
“Eris…” she says in her usual monotone. But the other knight simple shrugs.
“I was just asking, it’s not a big deal,” then she smirks, pointing to the smaller girl’s legs, “but I thought with the position you’re in, it’d be hard for those kinds of things to bother you.”
“Eh--?” Cea turns her gaze downwards, following Eris’s finger. In her lap, sleeping peacefully, is the face of a young boy. His face while sleeping seems to accentuate the ambiguity of his gender, and she can feel his soft breath against her.
“There has to be some irony if the fact that, after that Hayate goes through all the trouble to drag us out here, he instantly falls asleep. Only the Knight of the Tempest…” The girl is now able to remember exactly what had happened; Hayate had excitedly told her that they should enjoy the summer breeze in the Castle’s garden while they had the chance. She had instantly agreed to the situation, and he had gone and dragged Eris out here with them. However, not too long after then had taken a seat on the bench, he had flopped over onto her lap and dozed off.

“I must’ve fall’n asleep not long after…” Cea says to herself. Carefully, she brings her hand up and brushes away some of his hair. She smiles; this boy had told her, in no uncertain terms, that no matter what kind of past she had lived, he would absolutely protect her from it.
“‘Because you’re my precious friend’, huh…?” She repeats the words he had unthinkingly spoken to her, and feels a small heat in her cheeks. A very small smile graces her features as she looks down at the very first person who had ever called her a friend. The trio stay there for a few hours longer, taking in the warm summer breeze.
So, yeah. Any feedback this time? Please?
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 19th, 2010, 1:41 am

Don't really know what to say. They seem interesting enough, no typos, no real mistakes... Maybe you should try writing a chapter proper. Or a synopsis and information on the characters you used and their enemies and situations. That would be very welcome.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby MEKristian » April 19th, 2010, 2:25 pm

Don't really know what to say. They seem interesting enough, no typos, no real mistakes... Maybe you should try writing a chapter proper. Or a synopsis and information on the characters you used and their enemies and situations. That would be very welcome.
Haha, I don't think I'm good enough to write a chapter yet. Since these are just a collection of vague scenes that popped into my head, trying to write a full-on chapter out of them would be quite difficult. I'm looking for comments on style, emotional impact, so on and so forth. Even though it's kinda hard when it's just a snippet.

Anyways, I have information for characters on the third one, since it's just a pseudo-canon scene from something that's a more serious story attempt, but the second one is just spur of the moment, Chess Motif inspired drabble.

A synopsis for the first one would be taking Super Robot Was type story, put it in the style of Battle Moon Wars, and throw in crossovers from whatever can be salvaged as such. Other than what's show, I could see things like Full Metal Alchemist, Chrono Crusade, Bleach, Mai-Otome, and other such things that MEK hasn't watched (the Index/Railgun combined series, One Piece, and such) into a massive crossover of doom and awesome.

*shrugs* I did say they came from a Weird Mind, after all. I can re-post the Knights' character data though, if it's wanted.
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 19th, 2010, 9:19 pm

Any clarification is welcome.
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » April 19th, 2010, 10:02 pm

Okay, here you go; just the bare-bones of stuff, but I think it's enough.
---

Hayate

Title: Knight of the Tempest
Sex: Male, but you wouldn't know by looking
Hair: Silver (think Sephiroth's color)
Eyes: Amber/Gold
Origins: Japan
Rank: Knight (Youngest Person to hold the rank in recent history)

A cheerful teenager, who earned a spot amongst the Kingdom's Knights by besting another in combat(The other Knight is still alive and not demoted, but he was given title anyways). He looks feminine, enough so that even his roommates cannot tell his gender until they finally ask him. Loves frozen deserts, and is generally seen eating some while not on-duty. Has long hair tired in one of those cloth-covered ponytails (like Sheik in Brawl).

Hayate's "magic" is based around the manipulation of Storms (mostly through air, as he usually lacks electricity to command. He is only truly capable of using this Magic (especially at the ridiculous level he's capable of) while in his "Berseker state" where in his eyes change to a "glass-like color", he doesn't speak, and he combines his Sword and Magic into devastating blows. Without that boost, his swordsmanship is average at best.

Was raised by a person he calls "Onee-chan" back at his home in Japan, and writes regularly. He's naive, and doesn't seem to understand certain concepts, leaving people awkward when explaining would be problematic.
---

Eris

Title: Kight of the Mirror
Sex: Female
Hair: Black (dyed)
Eyes: Violet
Origins: Balkans

A strange girl with a penchant for getting into trouble. Eris first meets Hayate while trying to escape another Knight for allegedly breaking into a main system. Most of the trainees are afraid of her due to rumors of her being a vampire. These allegations are actually true, however, she doesn't have the ability to suck blood. She enjoys teasing people, and is initially disappointed that the hero doesn't react, but truly cares for her friends. She has albinism, thus leaving her skin pale, while dying her hair black, thus spawning the rumors.

Eris fights with the twin sword called "Excalibur II", as well as possessing enhanced physical powers due to being a vampire. He magic is called "Manipulation of Empathy" and it allows her to utilize whatever magical element her opponent has.

Eris tends to be distrustful, and will usually be the first to point out absurdities in any story, even if she believes them anyways. She offhandedly remarks that she had a terrible childhood, but doesn't elaborate further.
---

Cea

Title: Haven't decided yet
Sex: Female
Hair: Red
Eyes: Green
Origins: Unknown (Assumed to be America)

A Mysterious girl who has allegedly been a Knight for 4 to 5 years. Nobody knows much about her, aside from the fact that she never has anything more than a neutral expression on her face. She meets Hayate in a duel, where in the King asks her to test his skills. Eventually, it's realized that she is an emotional person, who can only express her moods subtlety. She speaks in monotone, and with an accent (English: Southern Bell (dub!Osaka)/ Japanese Kansai-ben).

She is revealed to be a cyborg, who was altered at a young age to fight a war. She was later picked up by the King, and given refuge amongst the Knights. Thusly, she has enhanced strength and speed, but hasn't physically aged since she was modified. Her weapon is the War Scythe "Sky Piercer", which she can convert into the form of a regular scythe for quick blows.

Due to her isolationism from others, as well as her underdeveloped body, she finds it awkward to interect with people. Once they become friends however, Hayate immediately drags her with him everywhere. She also takes extreme offense to people calling her "Ironing Board" due to her cyborg Nature.
And there.
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 20th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Yes, very nice. I'd like to know more about this order of Knights and what is it exactly that they are supposed to fight against, and who they serve.
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » April 21st, 2010, 12:16 pm

Right; the long-and-short version is that they're a combination of a Special Forces paramilitary group and Disaster Relief. Since, as we can see from Cea, there's been numerous wars, they're plenty of individuals and super soldiers who are a danger to regular police forces, and military intervention would be viewed with scrutiny.

So the Knights are a Highly trained group who go around to solve problems that others can't, usually due to not being powerful enough. And even then, they're only deployed in groups of about five.

Their "leader" is a The King, who rules from a Castle/tower they all live at. But mostly, he runs the country and has 4 of the Highest Level Knights dedicated to protecting him. It's something that I think is easier to show than to tell...
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 21st, 2010, 4:19 pm

In short, you sort of see it in your mind, but have problems describing it?
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » April 21st, 2010, 4:52 pm

That, and I'm not gonna pretend to be good at international politics, even in a 'verse of my own design.
MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » May 5th, 2010, 12:04 am

Okay, Naruto/FSN crossover scene. I have another one in my head, that should turn out better emotionally... if I can figure out how to make the scene work. Until then, here's the beginning of Archer's torment:
Hinata Hyuuga was not having a particularly good day. Naruto Uzumaki, the person she admired (albeit from afar) had once again tried to pass the test to become a genin. And once more, he had failed. She was partially relieved, because this meant the next try, they could graduate together, but he had still failed trying to achieve his dream, and she was relieved about it brought her down.
“I’m home.” She said sullenly, entering into the main quarters for the Head Family. She only looked up when she received no response, finding that neither her father nor her sister were anywhere to be found.
“Are they out training…?” she asked the empty room. It was habitual that her father would leave to take Hanabi for further ways to become the new Head of the Hyuuga Clan. It was all but official that Hinata was going to be set aside for her more-impressive sister. Just further cementing today as terrible, really.

That’s when she noticed the glow. A faint red, coming from one of the side rooms.
“F-Father…? Hanabi…?” The girl asked nervously, inching towards the glowing room. Steeling herself, chanting “Naruto-kun wouldn’t be afraid!” in her head like a mantra, Hinata slowly slides open the door, peeking inside. There’s nobody in the room, but along the far wall, a large circle pulses red light. It reminds her of the summoning circles Iruka-sensei has been teaching them about in class. But… she’s never seen one designed like this, with strange symbols and completely strait lines. The girl feels entranced by the large seal array, and without her usual hesitation, tentatively pressing her fingers against the glowing lines.

A flash and the entire compound seems to shake. A loud noise, like a hundred explosive tags going off, fills her ears. Shaking her head to clear it, the young girl opens the door to the room she was in, running to find the trance of the disturbance. She finally settles on a room on the other side of the building, the evening sun filtering in behind the thin doors. Cautiously, she opens it. The room used to be a sitting room, where Father would speak with family guests and the Hokage when he came; now, it is a cluttered mess, beams from the roof buckled at awkward angles due to the newly improvised skylight, and debris littering the ground. And there, sitting amidst the wreckage, framed by the light from the descending sun, is a man clad in red and black, his arms sprawled out comfortably, with one leg crossed over the other. His eyes are closed, and a smirk donning his features.
“Servant Archer, responding to your summons,” he says in a casual tone, as if he had practiced the speech in his head long before this moment, “Well, Well… it appears I’ve been summoned by a strange little girl.” Hinata recoils slightly, wondering what on earth the man allegedly called Archer is talking about, until her opens his eyes. The smirk fades instantly, his body now tense and his eyes wide in confusion.

They stay like that for several seconds, before Archer regains his composure.
“I-I ask of you, are you my master?” He asks, apparently still shaken-up over something.
“M-Master…?” Hinata can only parrot quizzically. This apparently wasn’t the answer the man was looking for, as he pinches the bridge of his nose.
“You did summon me for the Holy Grail War, right?”
“W-What’s a G-Grail…?” Archer sighs heavily, crossing his arms. This, whatever it was, was going to be a total pain in the ass. Then, there was the sound of heavy footsteps coming towards their current location.
“Master,” he says as evenly as he can, “It appears there are others coming this way. I will revert to spirit form; you won’t be able to see me, but I shall stick close to you. I suggest you tell them that you don’t know what happened here, or suggest an alternate possibility, else they may ask questions.” And without giving the timid girl time to respond, the Servant disappears into thin air. It only takes another couple of seconds for the members of the branch family to appear and start fussing over her.
----

“So, what you’re saying, is that you returned home from school –a school that teaches you how to be a ninja, mind you- found a so-called “summoning circle” on the wall, and then touched it, making me appear, right?” The girl nods her head, causing Archer to groan. He vaguely wonders if this is how she felt, having to explain everything to him all those years ago. He wants to fill karma with swords now. He was able to get a few pieces of information out of here though; her name is Hinata Hyuuga, the eldest daughter of something called the Hyuuga Clan. Not that she’s in any position to become clan head, since everyone, including herself, view her as too weak. She’s also studying at some Academy to become a ninja, of all things. Oh, and something about Ramen toppings and how much she likes it. The incoherent mumbling and finger twiddling made it hard for him to fully discern her meaning.

In the end, though, he couldn’t figure out why he was here. There was no pressing issue that required a Counter Guardian, nor did there seem to be a Grail War going on. So the only reason he could find was that somehow, the girl had summoned him. Which really didn’t make any sense at all, but weirder things had happened to him in his lifetime so who knew?
“Alright, all things considered, I’ll accept you as my Master,” He said with a small smirk, “you remind me of someone I knew a long time ago anyways. I don’t exactly have anything else to do, and I’m unfamiliar with this world.” He extends a hand to his timid Master. Hesitantly, she takes the servant’s hand, and gives it a light shake. Both were quite sure of one thing; this would be the beginning of an interesting friendship.
Soooooooooo yeah. More stuff whenever.
MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » June 26th, 2010, 9:52 pm

... right, Well, not that I should care that nobody comments on my stuff; pretty much par for the course.

New one-shot thing, following on the heels of Nitramy and Flux, albeit with a different approach. Not that I have any ideas for this beyond the singular pseudo-chapter I have here...

But major thanks to Aldraria Dragonsong for helping me fix-up some general problems I had while writing this; I owe you one.
Naruto Uzumaki sits up, trying to rub the sleep out of his eyes. The fact that today is the graduation exam should leave the boy tense or excited, but in its sleep-addled state, his brain can only recognize the delicious smell wafting from the kitchen. Groggily, he pulls himself from under the covers, wobbling back and forth as he rubs his eyes and heads towards the smell. Standing in the door-frame, Naruto has to blink a few times for his eyes to adjust to the change in lighting, and for his mind to become less foggy.

There are two people in the kitchen. The taller one moves amid the kitchen counters and appliances, her long, brown hair swishing with the movement, humming to herself. The smaller one sits at the table, reading a newspaper, before appearing to notice him.
“Ah, Naruto. Good morning," she says. She puts her newspaper down, revealing a single golden eye and a young looking face smiling at him. The other girl turns and smiles as well, before turning back to the cooking.
“G’Mornin’, Dieci, Cinque-nee,” Naruto responds with a yawn, taking a seat at the table, “Where’s everyone else?”
“Sein and the Twins left early for work, Hokage-sama wanted Tre for something, Uno, Due, and Quattro are always doing their own thing, and Sette stepped out for groceries,” Dieci says, placing a plate in front of the boy, “so it’ll only be the five of us this morning.”
“Whenever Nove and Wendi wake up,” Cinque adds with a small chuckle. Naruto nods, taking a bite of the breakfast Dieci has prepared. He hadn’t noticed it at the time, but Sette had been missing this morning, and with their somewhat large family, groceries were an important resource.

“So, today’s the big day, huh?” Cinque says, resting her chin in her palms as Naruto continues eating. “Think you’ll finally pass this time?”
“If it’s the Bushin, I’m not too confident,” Naruto answers frankly, “even after bribing Quattro-nee to help me with it, I don’t think I’ll do very well.”
“Well, just do your best, okay, Naruto-kun,” his taller sister says, handing him a bento, “Now you better hurry or you’ll keep your girlfriend waiting.”
“Dieci! She’s not my girlfriend!” Naruto protests, taking the Bento and heading back to get dressed before bolting out the door.
“You certainly have taken to the maternal role, huh?” Cinque asks her sister with a small smirk.
“There’s not much else for me to do,” the younger girl says, “since someone with my skills isn’t called upon that often. And I’m glad for the peaceful days we’ve been able to gain together.” The older girl can only nod with a small chuckle.

---

“Yo, Hinata!” The boy shouts, frantically waving at the small girl waiting at the corner. The girl jumps a little before turning to her friend and giving a small bow.
“G-Good morning, Naruto-kun,” she responds, causing the boy to grin. The two of them have both been in the academy for a long time, but only really bonded and became friends due to the infamous “Tie-Dye Laundry Incident” and Wendi’s overzealous prompting.
“Oh, Naruto, Hinata. Are you two headed to the academy?” Naruto turns to see where the voice came from, noticing an imposing looking, purple-haired woman staring at him with a very slight smile.
“Tre-nee!” he says, grinning at his older sister, “Yeah, we just met up; are you heading home from your meeting?” The older woman nodded.
“Yes, but I feel I can make a detour and see the two of you off to school.” Naruto whoops in excitement, and Hinata bows to Tre before the three set off down the road to the academy.
“So, Tre-nee, what did the old man want from you anyways?” The older woman chuckles.
“That’s classified, Naruto," she says, causing the boy to groan. Tre has always been the most aloof of Naruto’s sisters, but he knows that she does love them.

A man with hair done in a spiky ponytail is standing at the gate, talking to a girl a few years younger with turquoise hair.
“Ah! Iruka-sensei and Sein! Bye Tre-nee; see you at home!” Tre gives the boy a small wave as he rushes to meet his teacher, pulling Hinata along by the arm. Somehow, the boy has changed the sisters (even Quattro, though Tre doubts she'd ever admit to such), allowing them to come to terms with a life that doesn’t involve constant fighting. Feeling her mouth form into a smirk, Tre turns to head back home.

---

Parents and clan members mill about the entrance to the Konoha Ninja Academy, throwing praise onto their relatives who have passed the exam and earned a spot among Konoha’s ninja corps. But all of them give three girls a wide birth.
“Where is he? Where is he? Naruto-kuuuuuun~!” The taller red-head calls, looking for her little brother.
“Wendi, cut it out; he’s probably just talking to Umino or something.” The shorter red-head admonishes. Heedless of her sister’s words, Wendi continues to look around for the young boy.

“Hey, Nove, Sette! I think I found- oh…” Nove turns to Wendi as the other red head trails off, seeing a gloomy Naruto sitting alone on the tree swing in front of the academy. Without a headband. Nove only realizes she has turned on her heel and is about to head towards the academy proper when Wendi grabs her from behind and holds her in a full-nelson.
“Wendi, let me go,” the shorter girl says calmly.
“And what are you gonna do if I let you go?” Wendi asks.
“I’m going to find Umino and beat the crap out of him.” Nove growls. Wendi sighs. Then the third member of their group walks over to the boy, crouching so that they are at eye level.
“Sette-nee…” Naruto says, looking at the older woman’s impassive face.
“You failed the exam.” It is not a question, but a statement of fact. Naruto looks down, before he feels a hand on his shoulder.
“You did your best, correct?” The boy gives a nod, and the pink-haired woman responds with a small smile.
“Then that is acceptable. Now, shall we head home?” The blond shook his head.
“No, I think I'll stay by myself for a while. I’ll see you guys when I get home, okay?” The pink-haired woman gives a small nod, before getting up and turning back to Nove and Wendi, the former still straining against the latter in attempting to pound a poor teacher into dust. Dutifully, Sette simply picks both up and carries them home.

---

Naruto sighs, soaking in the warmth of the bathtub. What Mizuki-sensei told him about being able to pass weighs on his mind. He is so absorbed in his own problem, that he doesn’t even hear the bathroom door slide open until a hand tentatively touches his shoulder. Jumping, the boy spins around, coming face-to-face with a pair of concerned-looking brunettes.
“Naruto-kun? Would you like me like me to wash your back?” the more feminine of the two asks. The boyish one stands further away, holding a basket of various bath implements.
“Otto, Deed...” Slowly, he moves, allowing Deed to go ahead. The twins used to be as quiet as Sette-nee, but since the Old Man asked them to help with menial tasks around the Hokage Tower, they slowly began opening up to others.
“You were very quiet during dinner,” Otto explains, throwing a bucket of water over herself, “so Deed and I decided to make sure you were alright.” Naruto nods, mumbling an affirmative. Several minutes of awkward silence passed, before Deed spoke up from behind him.

“Are you still depressed about not passing, Naruto-kun?” she asks, to which the boy responds with a shake of his head.
“Well, Mizuki-sensei told me that I could still pass,” he admits, “but I’d have to learn a really difficult jutsu, and I’m not that sure…”
“You should at least give it a shot,” Otto chimes in, “if you do, there’s always the chance that you’ll succeed. If you don’t, then there’s no option but failure.” For a second, Naruto simply stares at his elder sister, before breaking into a grin and standing up.
“Thanks Otto, Deed!” he says, before going to change back into his clothes.

Of course, for this kind of an operation, there is only one other person he can trust to help him. Standing in front of the door, Naruto takes a deep breath, before knocking lightly. A few seconds later, he hears the occupant mutter a bored “come in”, so he enters the room. She’s lying on her bed, reading a manga, munching on pocky, and not paying him any attention.
“Sein,” he addresses his sister, “I need your help.” She looks up and him, swallowing the stick of pocky she’s currently chewing.
“Mmmm’yes?”

---

She moves silently through the building, stopping every now and then to snap a picture of her current location with the small camera installed into her finger. Not even the greatest advances in jutsu were a match for her Deep Diver. After getting a good layout of the target, she swims through the ground until she returns to the blond waiting for her.
“How was it, Sein?” Naruto asks, giving the turquoise-haired girl a serious look.
“Doesn’t look too bad,” she says, throwing up a few holographic screens of her recon mission (how his sisters could do that, Naruto would never know), “very few guards at this time of the night. And even if you do happen to run into one, they’re all guys, so that little trick of yours will probably knock ‘em out.” Naruto nods, taking in the photos and planning his route. This definitely won’t be an easy one, but it’s doable.
“So, you’re just going to borrow the scroll, learn a technique, show Iruka-sempai, and then give it back, right?” Sein asks. Naruto nods.
“Right; and you can give the pictures you took to the Old Man, so he can beef up security. It’s a win-win situation.” Or at least, he hoped it would let the Old Man forgive him.
“Are you sure you don’t want me to help you take the thing?”
“No, Sein,” he says, taking a few stretches before he begins, “I can’t have you guys take the heat for this. If it goes badly, it’s my own fault. So you should head home. Besides, If I don’t do it myself, it won’t really count, right?” The turquoise-haired girl gives a resigned nod before diving into the ground. It was now or never.

---

“The Rule is that nobody is allowed to talk about the fact that you are the Nine Tailed Demon Fox.”
“What? What do you mean?”
“STOP IT!”
“It means that you are the Nine Tailed Demon Fox that killed Iruka’s parents and destroyed the village. You were sealed up by the Hokage you admire, and…”
“STOP IT!”
“…Have been lied to by everyone!”

Before, she would have enjoyed such a thing; an attempt to break a poor little insect’s mind, revealing the sad and awful truth at just the right moment while watching them fall into despair. Hell, before, she would have given such a speech; probably added a few more insults and haughty laughter to really rub it in.

But now, it rings hollow. The information the white-haired man revealed to the blond boy was something she had learned earlier, a trump card for just in case; but watching his face now, she can feel hate for this Mizuki character bubbling inside her, while the rational part of her brain chastises her for being weak. Her lips are pursed as she watches the scene unfold, eyes narrowed behind glasses reflecting the moonlight. Uno has mobilized her and a few of her other sisters to find their adopted brother and, lucky her, she found him at the same time as Iruka. So now she watches the back and forth between the three behind her Silver Curtain, her face an impassive mask.

The moment Naruto takes off full throttle into the forest is the moment the girl known as Quattro decides to make a very special call to her sister.

---

Uno rushes through the forest towards the site. She’s thankful that Hokage-sama is allowing her and her younger sisters to partake in the search for their younger brother and also that her modified body can keep up with the ninja. The ANBU operative the Hokage called Yamato is leading her to the location they had finally spotted the boy. He looked a little roughed-up, though not seriously so, but his teacher appeared to have been on the wrong end of Cinque’s knives, leaning against a nearby tree. Both were smiling, the Teacher missing his headband, and Naruto wearing a battered-looking one across his forehead.
“Naruto-kun!” she says, rushing towards the young boy. He turns to see his eldest sister coming towards him, and his grin seems to intensify as he fiddles with the new headband.
“Look, Look! Uno-nee, I pa-!” Naruto is cut off as the woman embraces him tightly.
“You had us worried,” she says, feeling herself sniffle a little, “please don’t do something foolish like this again.” He nods, returning the hug to the purple-haired woman.
“I won’t do anything like this again,” he says, “promise. Well, unless they really deserve it.” Uno chuckles a little, pulling away from Naruto.
“I guess that’s the best I’ll get from you," she says. "Now, let’s head home; you have team selection tomorrow, right?”
“Yeah! Hey, Uno-nee; can we all go out to Old Man Ichiraku’s to celebrate?”
“That should be fine; but not right now.”

---

Mizuki curses as the stupid kunoichi escorting him throws him into his cell. The stupid fox didn’t even kill him, and that will be its undoing. He’ll get out of here one day, take the scroll, then crush the brat under his heel for humiliating- Wait, was that a lock? Looking up, he sees that the woman who brought him here had locked the door… while still inside the cell.
“Heh, Konoha’s standards must have really dropped,” he sneers, “you’re supposed to lock it from the outside, stupid bit-.” His tirade is cut off as a hand covered with long, metal nails clamps itself over his mouth.

The kunoichi seems to fade with an effect Mizuki has never seen before; in her place stands a blonde woman, dressed in a form-fitting one-piece bodysuit that vaguely reminds him of what Might Guy wears. Her eyes are narrowed, and her mouth drawn into a smirk that seems to promise pain.
“Hey there,” she says in a seductive drawl, “I heard from a little birdy that you decided to try and kill my precious little brother.” Mizuki tries to whimper, babble an excuse, anything to make this woman go away, but her hand is still tightly holding his mouth closed.
“So,” she says, drawing out the word in a manner that terrifies the ninja as she slowly drags a nail across his cheek, “you and I have a lot to discuss tonight; a lot to do as well.” She pauses, seemingly considering something, before pulling her hand away and leaning towards him.
“And since nobody can hear us, feel free to scream. I do so love it when they scream.”
Mizuki’s screams echo around the small chamber as Due begins her work.
So, what do you people think?
Last edited by MEKristian on April 24th, 2011, 2:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MEKristian

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 26th, 2010, 9:58 pm

It's interesting man, but my main problem is that I don't know enough about FSN to really have a good idea of the characters that you're adding to the mix.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MEKristian » June 26th, 2010, 10:03 pm

It's interesting man, but my main problem is that I don't know enough about FSN to really have a good idea of the characters that you're adding to the mix.
Well, the latest one doesn't involve Fate/Stay night; as I said, I'm following after what Flux and Nitramy have already done with that one, so...

And I can understand the problem of not knowing much, but no comments at all on anything is kinda...
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 30th, 2010, 2:08 pm

I'd like to know more about the characters, at least in the context of the story concept you are doing.
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » June 30th, 2010, 3:47 pm

I'd like to know more about the characters, at least in the context of the story concept you are doing.
basically, taking the Quirky Mini-boss squad from Nanoha, then running them through Naruto-charisma-no-jutsu. The break down;

Uno- Takes the role of a "Strict but Kind" mother, ends up being the one most easily worried. Hokage's secretary.

Due- Resident Sociopath #1, though she takes it more towards a "F*ck with my family, I f*ck with you." kind of direction. Probably working with Ibiki

Tre- Still pretty uptight, but probably closer to Post-exam Neji in terms of temperament.

Quattro- Ever so slowly moving from Strait-up Jerkass to Jerk with a Heart of Gold. Again, slowly; she's still kind of a tool. Probably pulling strings in the background, like Danzo.

Cinque- Not much different from her depiction in post-Strikers materials; she's the mediator and cares deeply for her siblings. Also a total badass.

Sein- Again, not much different then her later depictions. Still playful and up-beat, she's got a job working as an assistant teacher. Once suplexed a student(probably Sasuke).

Sette- probably the most changed, although I tried to keep it understated. Probably the Number closest to Naruto, and they ended up sharing a room.

Otto- Same as Cinque and Sein, she's more open with her sisters and a little more emotional. ALso, everybody actually knows she's a girl now, hooray!

Nove- Also canon persona; kinda like Post-timeskip Sakura, she ends up playing the Straight Man to Wendi.

Deici- Again with the canon; quiet, plays the "At home mother" role and does the cooking.

Wendi- Canon; Hyperactive Knuckle-head, similar to Naruto, and thus they get along amazingly well. Somewhat of a prankster and tends to hang out with Nove.

Deed- nonnaC; Similar to her twin, Otto, but more obviously feminine. Both of them work for the Hoakge (probably the same role as Genma and Person-who's-name-I-forget played after Tsunade came.)

That work for you Dech?
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 30th, 2010, 4:47 pm

Yeah, thanks.
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » September 17th, 2010, 12:52 am

Blargh. Wrote this very, very, very short little piece to help try and break up some writer's block on my other project.

Setting is a universe of my own creation that's an amalgam of several Mecha series and some original parts. You may or may not know what that means.

Time would be.... Part II, Real Robot Protagonist, Just after the First Route Split, Japanese Route. (Yes I have thought this over too much, sue me...)

Our characters are Shinji Ikari of Evangelion fame, and OG Protagonist Miroku Senzai. Hopefully both of their voices are right, since it's most dialogue~.
Miroku sighs as he hears a knock on the door. There aren't too many people on the Danaan who would be up this late, much less looking for him. But, he can't just ignore them; not any more at least. So, grudgingly, he pulls himself off of his bed and opens the door.

“Shinji...?” He hadn't been expecting the 15-year-old standing out side his door with such an anxious expression. Well, okay, Shinji with anything but an anxious expression would have been exceptionally weird to run into on even the best of days, but that was besides the point.

“Ah... Senzai-san...” The boy fidgets.

“Geez Shinji; how many times do I have to tell you? We've been fighting together since the inncodent last year. I mean, we just got back from blowing up Junius Seven for god's sake! You can just call me “Miroku” got it?”

“Y-Yes, Sen-uh Miroku.”

“Much better kiddo. I really have to wonder what that bearded bastard did to you to make you like this...”

“You shouldn't talk so badly about father.” The boy's voice is shaking a bit. Miroku sighs.

“Right, right; unless you're here about daddy issues, I'll drop it. So, why are you here at this time of night, Shinji?” The boy shuffles again, looking at the floor.

“I... had a weird dream. And I wasn't sure who else to talk about it with.” The older teen nods sagely, walking over to his bed.

“If that's the case, better close the door and pull up a seat; sometimes the Captain goes sleep-walking, and you really don't want to run into that.” Eyes, widening, Shinji quickly shuts the door before sitting on the small cot.

“Here,” Miroku says, handing the boy a cold can, “it'll help calm your nerves.”

“Beer...?” Shinji asks, looking at the can dubiously.

“Who do you take me for, Mao? It's just fruit juice; Teletha installed a small fridge in here when me and Kallen started working for her. Helps keep me lucid at nights now.” The young kid nods slowly at that, opening the can. Miroku looks at him expectantly.

“W-Well, I was trying to sleep, because it's nighttime and such, but... I had a strange dream, where I was watching myself do... so many strange things. I-I don't really remember too many of them though; but in some I was older, and in others I was doing... things... with Rei, or Asuka, although it was mostly a blur. I-I'm kind of afraid to go back to sleep...” Miroku nods, before putting a hand on the boy's shoulder.

“It was just a dream, right? And even if it wasn't, it was probably just some kind of weird Evangelion crap combined with Giest's new Unlimited Drive System. So those would only be possibilities you could have taken, not the future or anything.” Miroku pauses, thinking for a second as he drinks from his own can of juice.

“As for what the other yous were doing... best to ask somebody else about that. Shirley could probably explain it in a relatively non-traumatizing way, and so could Kaname now that I think about it. But don't ask Mily, whatever you do; she'll scar you for life.” The younger boy nods vigorously, trying not to imagine what, exactly the Ashford Student Council President would say.

“So, how's school been going for you, kiddo? Adjusting to Ashford's general zaniness well?” Shinji smiles a little at the lighter mood.

“As well as can be expected; Sagara-san and Ashford-san have been running around doing strange things, but it hasn't been that bad with Chidori-san around. Fenette-san is still worried about you and Kozuki-san though. Are you sure you won't return?” The older boy sighs, smiling a little at Shirley still worrying about them.

“Geez, how many “-san”s was that, Shinji? I think we should start putting a limit on the number you can use in one go.” the boy looks down sheepishly

“Anyways, me and Kallen are part of the infamous Black Knights; the Britannians would have our heads if they got a chance. And, right now, there's people there I, at least, couldn't bare to face.” Yes, before any wish to go back, they'd have to return Lelouche to the same person he was before. Which was, of course, the whole reason they were returning to Japan right now.

“I'll send Shirley an email or something when we get back, okay? But right now, we've got more important things to worry about.”

“Is there going to be another war?” Shinji asks quietly, “I mean, were were able to destroy most of Junius Seven, but the pieces we couldn't get to in time are still going to cause massive damage.”

“And people like Blue Cosmos are going to blame the PLANTs,” Miroku says evenly, “and the populace is going to follow whoever promises them what they want. So it's probable that war will break out; hopefully there'll be less unity across the Alliance this time.”

“And we still have the Angles to worry about,” Shinji says, crushing the empty can in his hand, “as well as Bionet, those people who oppose Captain Testarossa's group, the Jovian Bugs, and all the other enemies we have.”

“Don't worry about it too much kiddo; if those guys show up, all we have to do is band together and kick their asses. Right?”

Seemingly encouraged, Shinji nods sharply, getting up and leaving, muttering thanks to the older boy. As he leaves, Miroku's face becomes terribly somber.

“That's what you would've done, right?” he asks the empty room, “I really tried my best, but I can't help but think you would have done better. Damn it... why did you have to leave me with this role of yours; I'm really not good at it.” Seems he wouldn't be getting any sleep tonight after all...
Soooo yeah. Going back to writing the Nanoha/Naruto crossover now~ (Hopefully.)
MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » November 18th, 2010, 9:22 pm

I think I've stopped caring about double posting in Writer's Workshop. Anyways, this one comes with a warning: The Following Involves Negima series, Girl/Girl Romantic Crack pairing! If none of the above appeals to you, the Board Index link is at the top left of the page.

And now that THAT'S out of the way, here's an attempt, by me, to write a prompt-based one-shot. If that's what they're called, I honestly can't remember. Thusly, while it's in chronological order, we only see the related fragments of the relationship. And aside from my usual inability to write anything in, predominately, one tense, this one has my "beta"'s seal of approval. So, without further ado...
Thunder storms

Asuna sat in the nurse's office, quietly gazing at the falling rain. Her temper had flared a little too much again, and a fight with the Class Rep had left her more damaged then usual (and even though Ayaka had apologized profusely, Asuna certainly hadn't held it against her in any way.) But she's torn away from her musings as a loud crack of thunder thunder is accompanied by a terrified shriek.

“Is there somebody else here...?” Asuna muses, getting up and looking for the source of the noise. After several minutes, Asuna finds it; the purple hair girl dressed in a nearly identical uniform to her own trembling in the closet. Another boom, and the girl yelps again.

“Ako?” Asuna asks, bending down to look at her wayward classmate. Ako turns to her, still trembling with unshed tears in her eyes.

“A-Asuna-san?” She squeaks out, looking into the mismatched eyes of the other girl.

“Ako, why are you hiding in here,” Asuna asks, “are you afraid of thunderstorms?” The shorter girl nods quickly, before jumping as another peal of thunder sounds over head, causing her to further curl up into a ball.

Asuna sighs, before doing something that, upon later reflection, she herself wasn't fully sure why she had done it; with a gentle strength, she scoops Ako into her arms, carrying her to a bed, before setting the girl down and gently embracing her.

“Asuna-san...?” Ako asks, shining eyes looking to the other girl.

“I just couldn't leave you there like that,” Asuna answers hastily, “you're one of my classmates after all. Besides, it's better to have somebody to rely on when you're sad or scared; Negi's already saddled me up with that ideal.” Ako can't help but giggle at the slight shot at their ten-year-old teacher, but quickly grabs hold of Asuna at the next boom. Even after two hours pass, neither girl can complain.

Toast

“Asuna-san left early?” Negi enquirers as he does up his tie. Konoka nods, taking off her apron and hanging it up. Picking up her bag, she opens the door, seeing Setsuna already standing there.

“That seems unlike her,” Negi says, putting on his own backpack, “did she say why?”

“Ah, she said she was going to meet somebody.” Konoka says, slipping on her rollerblades and falling instep with her Bodyguard.

“Did she say who it was, Ojou-sama?” Setsuna interjects, giving Konoka a curious look.

“Hmm, who was it...? Oh! She said she was going to meet Ako-san!” The other girl cheerfully responds. Negi and Setsuna only stare at her

“EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEHHHH!?”
----

Ako shifts nervously, checking her watch. She had told Akira, Yuna and Makie to go on ahead without her while she waited for the person she was to meet. It was taking her a long time, though, and now Ako was seriously starting to consider just leaving as not to be late. Which is when the other girl comes racing towards her, the bells trying her hair into twintails jingling with each step, one hand waving frantically in acknowledgement, the other holding desperately onto her bag, and a piece of toast still hanging from mouth.

“Asuna-san!” She calls, returning the wave; Yes, this was definitely worth waiting for.

A Two-Minute Slow Clock

Too slow. The term rattles around in her head as each minute drags on; she's checked her watch several times, and that damnable clock in the classroom is obviously two-minutes too slow! Why the hell doesn't somebody fix that? It's what they're paid to do, isn't it? But every minute spent in this remedial lesson with the other Baka Rangers just seemed to drag on for an eternity. At least she could take some solace in the fact that she wasn't alone in sitting here, even if she was the only one suffering for it.

So when Negi finally lets them go, Asuna bolts from the room, nearly knocking over her chair. The rest of the room's occupants (bar Kaede) blink, looking out the door to see if they can follow the red-haired girl. And, to their amazement, she's not gone far, having stopped in front of somebody in the hall who none of the six can make out.

“Did you have to wait long?” Asuna asks the other person, a strange tone in her voice.

“Ah, no, I just got here myself.” The other person -obviously another girl- responds happily.

“Wait; that's Ako!” Makie exclaims, earning her a sharp hush from the remaining occupants of the room.

“Shall we get going then?” Asuna asks, grinning at the other girl. Ako just nods, making a happy sound of agreement as the two walk off together. Leaving the remaining five extremely confused.

“What the heck just happened here?” Yue asks nobody.

Orange Juice

“Uhg... this is stupid! What the heck does all this even mean!?” Asuna cries, staring angrily at the unfinished assignment in front of her.

“You're thinking about it too hard, Asuna-san. Maybe we should take a break so you can clear your head?” Ako says, smiling at her. Asuna sighs, closing the notebook.

“I guess so... I think I have some money on me; you want some juice?” Ako nods happily.

“Orange if they have it, please.” Asuna nods, heading off to the vending machine. Several yen and a swift kick later, Asuna returns with a can of orange juice, and a bottle of water for herself. She hands Ako the can before sitting down beside the other girl. Several minutes pass by quietly as the two sip their drinks in peace.

“Um... Asuna-san,” Ako says finally, “I-I was wondering if I could ask you a kind of strange question...” Asuna blinks at the request.

“Of course you can, Ako; and you don't have to keep adding the “san”, okay? We're friends, aren't we?” Ako seems to fidget with the can in her hands for a second before seemingly steeling herself.

“That's what I wanted to ask about,” she says, “Asuna-san... just what kind of relationship do we have...?” Asuna nearly spit-takes at the unexpected question. Isn't the answer obvious? She and Ako are friends... no, wait, that's not quite it. Even the the beginning, in the nurses office, it was never quite “friendship”; there was something more there. But, now that she's pressed for it, she can't think of a good way to describe it; Ako is not her best friend, like Konoka is, a rival like Ayaka, or a partner like Negi. As far as Asuna had been concerned, Ako was Ako, and that was all she needed.

“Normally, I really feel like nobody special,” Ako continues, “just somebody standing in the background, you know? In Mangas, Novels and stuff, it's always like the main character starts of with some kind of negative; his parents are dead, he's chased from his homeland, dragged into an event, or just unpopular. But, in the end, those things always seem to be turned into a strength that lets such a person become the main character.” She pauses slightly, taking a breath.

“But I'm not like that; both of my parents are fine, all of my friends are really nice, and I know that I'm living a very happy life. But, when I see people like Negi-sensei or even Asuna-san, who seem to have a real purpose in life... All this time, when I'm with Asuna-san, it hasn't felt like that though; I feel as if I'm special, even though I'm just a side character.”

“Don't say such stupid things, Ako!” The girl is almost taken aback by the sudden ferocity in Asuna's voice.

“You're not a side character at all! No, even if you are, you're still very important! And all this worrying over not having such problems is a problem in and of itself or something, right? Argh! This is hard to put into word correctly; Negi's so much better at this stuff than me!” Ako giggles softly as Asuna paces, clenching and unclenching her fists as she tries to put her words together.

“Look, what I'm trying to say is, have a little more faith in yourself! And if you can't do that, then rely on me, and I'll help pull you up! Besides, the person I love definitely isn't a side character!”

A stunned silence as both parties begin to turn red as Asuna's words sink in. Asuna starts mentally kicking herself; she can't believe she had just thoughtlessly said that! And hadn't she just confirmed that she wasn't even sure of their relationship? And what of Ako? Oh man, she NEEDED to pull something out of her ass NOW.

“Ah... ah... I-I'm sorry, I didn't mean to... um... it just sort of popped out when I wasn't thinking too hard... and, um, you don't have to worry about it at all! So just forget I ever-!” Ako was suddenly in her face, intently staring into Asuna's mismatched eyes.

“Did you mean it...?” She asks in a quiet voice. And all of the mental processes that were churning out excuses suddenly grind to a halt in Asuna's head.

“Yeah... kinda, sorta. L-Look, it did just kinda pop-out, and I'm not entire sure what our relationship is like... but, I think it's the best way I can word it. Ever since we've been hanging out like this, you've really started invading my thoughts... and really, I don't mind it. I like it when you're happy and smiling, and it's even better when it's because we're together. So, I definitely meant when I said, even if the wording's a little strong; I think I love you, Izumi Ako.” And, with a strength Asuna wouldn't have expected from the smaller girl, she's knocked off her feet in a tight embrace. Asuna looks down, where Ako's face is looking up at her, tears running down her face even as she smiles.

“Asuna-san,” she says, her voice shaking, “I think I do too.” Slowly, Ako lifts her face towards Asuna, who makes no move to pull away.

It's soft, lips barely touching each other, but the warmth fills both participants. When Negi questions Asuna about the orange she picked up on her way back to the dorm, it's only a half-lie when she tells him that it reminds her of something important.

Diner Food

Makie watches as Ako fusses around their dorm room, setting out several shirts, pants, skirts, and the like, currently only dressed in her finest towel. Not that Makie can blame her; she'd be the same if it was Negi-kun coming to pick her up. Ako was't dating Negi-kun though; that would have just been too weird! About a month ago, Ako had apparently become the girlfriend of fellow baka ranger Asuna Kagurazaka, of all people! She was pretty sure that the relationship had stayed only between the pair, herself, and Asuna's roommate, Konoka (she wasn't quite sure how Negi-kun hadn't figured it out yet; maybe he had and was keeping it to himself?). But today, Asuna and Ako had agreed to go on their first real date-date of their new found couple-dom. And thus, Ako was going through the dilemma of many a teenage girl before her: to what wear.

“Makie,” Ako calls, holding up a top and skirt, “what about this?” Makie flips a page in her magazine before answering.

“It should be fine; you're not exactly going to a fancy ball! So choose something that YOU like. I'm sure Asuna would say the same!” That gets Ako to pause slightly, before mumbling something to herself and going back to change. Makie smiles to herself, continuing to read her magazine.

“H-How do I look?” Ako finally asks, stepping out in her outfit -a simple jean skirt and a top with some logo Makie wasn't too familiar with on it. The pink-haired girl gives her friend a once-around, inspecting her with the eye of somebody trying too hard to pretend to be an expert. Finally, Makie nods once, looking through her dressed until pulling out a hair clip with a fake rose attached to it, which she immediately fixates to Ako's head.

“Now you're perfect!” Makie chirps, giving Ako a thumbs up. The girl shifts a little, , her face flushed, until a sharp rap at the door startles both of them. Carefully, Makie opens the door, and can almost hear Ako's jaw drop behind her.

Asuna stands at the door, wearing a simple jacket over a top similar to Ako's (only lacking the sleeves and logo), and a ruffled dress. But the most serious chance is that she's wearing her hair down, which seems to accentuate an overall prettiness about her.

“Hey,” She says nervously to Makie, “I hope I'm not too early-?” She doesn't get to finish, as Ako nearly bowls the taller girl over in a hug.

“Asuna-san,” Ako swoons, “you look so pretty!” Asuna blushes, her face turning a deep shade of crimson.

“R-Really?” She asks, “I think you look really pretty yourself, Ako.”

“Alright already! Enough with the lovey-dovey stuff!” Makie says, smirking at the flustered couple, “Have her back before curfew, and try and enjoy yourselves; but not too much!” She smiles as she closes the door; acting like a mother once in a while is kinda fun!

----

“Here for a date-ne?” Chao asks, handing the couple their orders. Asuna mentally kicks herself; of course coming to the Chao Bao Zi means Chao Lingshen would be there... she was just hoping it wouldn't have been her serving them. Either way, this was the worst possible situation.

“S-So what if we are!?” Asuna says, hoping there's just enough venom in her voice to dissuade Mahora's Ace student from teasing Ako over it. But, oddly, Chao just seems to give them a strange smile.

“Congratulations!” she says, “You two definitely make a cute couple-ne! Ah, I know, I'll bump the two of you up to a special table, no charge!” And Asuna's fury is douses in a single blow.

“B-Buh?” Asuna manages to stammer out, “W-Why? What's the catch?” Chao merely chuckles suspiciously.

“No catch, no catch! I had just prepared something like this just in case one of my classmates wanted some privacy for a date or something! And I happened upon a monetary win-fall recently, so I don't mind giving this out as a freebie-ne!” Asuna decides not to look a gift-horse in the mouth, and grudgingly accepts the offer.

The Chao Bao Zi owner leads the couple behind the tramcar, unlocking a gate that neither girl actually knew existed. After a short walk beyond that, then find a lone table sitting in a small court, a small fountain in the back, and the entire area lit only by candles.

“A bit over the top, don't you think...?” Asuna asks; really the only thing that could push this further into “out of a Hollywood movie” territory would be if Chachamaru was there playing a romantic violin refrain.

“When it comes to my friends, I spare no expense-ne! It's not exactly a fancy restaurant, but I think it has it's own kind of charm.” Ako quietly nods, taking in the scene, and Asuna can't help but smile at the other girl's curiosity. And as the two girls sit down and settle into their date, Chao makes her way back, humming happily to herself. Half-way, she sees her friend, Ku Fei standing there.

“How do you always win these bets...?” Ku asks, handing over several yen notes. Chao merely chuckles, clutching the pocket-watch like device in her apron.

“Years of practice-ne. And being a super genius doesn't hurt either!”

Old Newspapers

Asuna sighs as she puts down the the clothes; when she agreed to help Ako clean out her dorm room, she never figured it would be this bad. Random piles of stuff belonging to both Ako and Makie were strewn around the room, waiting for Ako to finally sort through them. Meanwhile, Asuna was moving the stuff into the easily accessible piles from wherever it happened to be before hand. As she slowly clears out clutter, Asuna finds a cardboard box stuffed into the back. Curiosity getting the better of her, she carefully opens it and sees several old newspaper clippings inside. But, as she reads over them, she feels her heart catch in her throat and hastily puts the clippings away.

“You saw them...” Asuna nearly jumps out of her skin, turning around to find Ako tearfully looking at the floor. Quickly, Asuna pulls her girlfriend into a tight embrace, rubbing small circles on her back.

“That's how you got the scar... isn't it?” Asuna asks, lightly tracing where she knows the large, disfiguring mark to reside with her fingers. Ako quietly nods into Asuna's shoulder, pulling herself closer to the taller girl.

“Shh,” Asuna whispers, “It's okay; that's all in the past. And I promise I won't let anything like that happen to you ever again.” Ako blinks some tears out of her eyes, looking up at Asuna.

“Really...?” She asks, to which Asuna responds by patting the girl on the head.

“Really.” The two release the embrace and return to their task. When Makie finally returns to the room two hours later, she finds the couple lying together, asleep on top of Ako's bed. She can't help but take a picture of such a cute scene.

Holding Hands

Okay, so maybe she should have remembered not to be holding Ako's hand in a lovey-dovey manner before entering the classroom. But things like this had an unfortunate tendency to slip Asuna's mind. So now, she was left defending Ako and herself from the rising surge that was their classmates. The random questions were starting to blur together, until somebody steps between Asuna and the horde.

“Eh, Zazie-san?” Somebody (Misora, she thinks) asks, and indeed, Zazie Rainyday, Number one enigmatic student of class 3-A, is standing between Asuna and the rest of the class. And with a speed Asuna didn't know her rival had, Ayaka stands beside Zazie, followed swiftly by the cheerleader trio.

“Alright! Stop bothering Asuna and Izumi-san! Save your questions for later, and one at a time, alright!?” The other students reluctantly head back to their seats, and Ayaka turns to face Asuna, arms crossed over her chest.

“I don't really understand what's going on,” she says finally with a sigh, “but I'll wait for you to be able to tell me what it is.”

“So, Ako, you've got to tell us all the juicy details!” Misa whispers excitedly to the smaller girl, earning her a swift bop on the head from Sakurako.

“She can tell us when she's ready to tell us,” Madoka says sternly, “and we won't push our fellow Band-mate to tell us before that, right Misa...?” The purple-haired girl nods, rubbing the back of her head.

“Kugimin...” Ako says, watching the other girl shoving her reluctant compatriots to their seats. Finally, Zazie stands alone, looking at the pair. Asuna's not too sure what to do; Zazie's quiet nature has always seemed to make her relatively distant from the rest of the class.

“Are you happy...?” Asuna blinks, not sure if she actually HEARD that. It was such a quiet voice, but she's sure Zazie asked if they were happy. She looks to Ako, who gives her a small smile in response.

“More than I think I've been in a long time.” She finally answers, making Ako blush. Zazie gives a minute nod.

“I'm glad.” Is all the strange girl says before heading back to her own seat. Which is exactly the point Negi, Konoka and Setsuna arrive.

“Eh? Is there something going on, Asuna, Ako-san?” The boy teacher asks.

“Nothing at all.” the two respond in unison, heading back to their own desks, and leaving the three newcomers confused.

----

“Did you mean that, Asuna-chan? What you said in there?” Oh god, Ako had pulled out the cutesie honorifics; she couldn't rightly dodge that question!

“Y-Yeah, I did. Us being together like this, as a couple really makes me happier than any time I can remember.” Though she was having some weird hiccups with that lately, but she had a feeling that whatever it was she couldn't remember was nowhere near the feelings she had right now.

“I'm glad that I make Asuna-chan as happy as she makes me.” The smaller girl giggles.

“Yeah. Even if we're not like this forever, let's take it as we go.” Ako nods and the two share a soft kiss. Like this, the future doesn't seem so bad.
Oh, and since I'm terrible at describing clothing, here's a handy-dandy reference to what both are wearing on the date:
Ako: Volume 14, Chapter 125, Page 6
Asuna: Volume 15, Chapter 131, Page 3

Or somewhere around there; as both are full-body shots you should know them when you see them.
And with that, until next time, I'm done.
MEKristian

Unread postby Dechstreme » December 5th, 2010, 3:52 pm

Girl on Girls Nanoha Crack...? Are you one meds or something?
Dechstreme

Unread postby MEKristian » December 5th, 2010, 4:03 pm

Negima, not Nanoha. If I wanted to do Nanoha pairing crack, it would involve playing darts blindfolded to get the pairings.
MEKristian

Unread postby MEKristian » April 21st, 2011, 1:27 am

Because I was annoyed at myself for still not being able to wrap my head around a Lee/Neji fight (seriously, if you have pointers pleeeeeeeeeeease tell me), so here we are back with the snipits. And today, we have a Naruto Summons triple feature! All of them are rather short, but they're under-developed ideas that popped into my brain so here we go anyways~!

First off, we have the one I've dubbed Treasure Sniper!
Naruto frowned, looking behind himself as he and the rest of his team evade the pursuit of the Sound ninja after them. But, at the rate they were going, there was no way they'd be able to get away... it looked like now was the time to live up to his role on the team, and test out his new equipment to boot.

“Sensei!” he shouts ahead, catching the attention of the three other members of the team, “I'm going to hang back and cause our pursuers some trouble!”

“N-Naruto-kun!” Hinata shouts, about to beg him not to, but Sensei nods their approval. Naruto smiles at his friend.

“Don't worry, Hinata-chan,” He says, “I'll just slow 'em down a bit then make my escape and meet back up with you in no time at all. Promise!” The timid girl nods shakily, not entirely believing him, but putting faith in her friend.

And, once Naruto is sure that his team mates are out of range, he reaches into his bag, grabbing his secret weapon.

“Time to get to work.”

---

When the sound ninja arrive in the clearing, they are greeted with a sight they do not expect; a strange man in a blue and black bodysuit, with a grill like chest-plate and mask. He was holding a strange rectangular device in his right hand, his index finger carefully wrapped around something on the device's grip.

“Blue's not exactly my colour,” The main says, in the somewhat echoing voice of the blond ninja they had been chasing, as he draws three pink cards from a holder on his belt, “so let's end this one quickly!”

Carefully, he slots the three cards into the side of the device, before grabbing hold of a silver cylinder on the bottom of it, and pulling it away from the grip.

Kamen Ride,” a voice from the odd device announces as he points it at the Sound ninja, squeezing whatever his finger had been wrapped around, “IXA! Sasword! Zeronos!” There is a flash of light, before several ghostly forms appear, sweeping across the clearing, until consolidating into three similarly armoured figures.

“Please,” The one in white armour with blazing red eyes says, “return that life to god.” He rests a strangely shaped blade on the top of his shoulder.

“Let me say this to start,” the one in green armour says, planting his own blade into the ground to point at his opponents, “I am fa~ir~ly strong!” He finishes by clasping his bicep on the word “strong”.

“The man who replaces god with a sword's slash!” the purple one announces, brandishing his blade, “I will stand on top of this battle!” And, with that, all three charge the ninja, as the blue one watches.

The sound ninja are immediately pressured by their bizarre opponents, deftly blocking sword swings with their kunai. The heavier blows complete break the small daggers, forcing the ninja to doge the swings at the last second. They rapidly begin to become fatigued, while their opponents show no signs of even being out of breath. Until, finally, a voice breaks the clash.

Final Attack Ride,” The blue warrior's strange device says, the three other assailants disappearing into strange energy cards, rows of which extended from the end of the weapon, pointed directly at them.

D-D-D-Diend!” The wind begins to pick up, spiralling into the center of the rows, before disappearing in a large, cyan and navy blast. The sound nin all fall to the ground, groaning as they loose consciousness.

“The pain'll only last for a moment.” Kamen Rider Diend -Naruto Uzumaki- quips, before leaping back into the trees.

“Maybe if I'm quick enough, I can convince Sensei to take us to Ichiraku!”

And, Part Deux, is called Burn my Dread:
Hinata backed away as the strange masked puddles seemed to approach the group. They had suddenly begun appearing as the clock in the town they had been assigned to investigate struck midnight. And now, they had been surrounded, with none of their weapons or Jutsu seeming to cause any real damage to the horde.

“Stand back,” Naruto suddenly announces, an unnaturally serious expression on his face. He appears to be holding some strange device; a long cylinder attached to a boxy section, with an oddly shaped grip. He seems to take a deep breath, before placing the cylinder section against the side of his head. And, for once in all the time she's watched over the blond boy, he seems to hesitate, his finger hovering over something along the odd grip, but shaking whenever he seems ready to use it. Naruto swallows audibly, before finally pressing down, whispering a single word to himself.

“Per.... so... na...!” And suddenly, the immediate area is filled with a deafening bang, Naruto now holding the strange thing away from his head, smoke wafting from the cylinder that had been pressed against his temple just a second ago.

But it's the strange feeling in the air that really gets to Hinata, as she instinctively activates her Byakugan, and gasps as what she sees; hovering just behind Naruto now is a strange, corporeal being with a long black coat, a strange metallic mask, wielding a Katana.

“IZANAGI!” Naruto suddenly shouts, and the strange spirit charges forwards, swinging it's sword into the mass of darkness. The monsters react to the being, those who don't back away are cut asunder by it's blade. Suddenly, it raises it's arms into the air, and several bolts of lightning rain down, furter cutting into the horde.

Perhaps they would escape with their lives after all.
Sorry this one's not longer, but that's really all I've got.

And, part the drei is called Otherworld!
If there was ever a situation that Shino Aburame would consider as “bad”, suddenly being assaulted by three Bijuu was definitely among them. So now he and his team were trapped as the three monsters approached.

“Don't worry Sensei, Shino, Hinata-chan!” Naruto suddenly says, a look of fierce determination in his eyes, “I have the perfect way to get us out of this one!” The other three look at him skeptically, thinking that the stress has finally gotten to the poor boy.

“And what would that be, Naruto...?” Shino asks, giving his comrade a hard stare from behind his sunglasses.

“Well, since the toads were totally out of the question,” He says, biting into his thumb, then pressing the open wound to the rest of his fingers, “I started lookin' around for some other kind of summon. And I found the single most awesome one ever!” And with that vague description, Naruto slams his hand into the earth with a loud cry of “Kuchiyose no Jutsu!”

It is that exact moment when the skies darken, and this strange rumbling sound resonates from above; He, Hinata, and their Sensei all look up while Naruto smiles triumphantly; floating above them is a giant grey mass, in the vague shape of a whale, or something similar.

“Alright Sin,” Naruto shouts, apparently addressing the strange monster, “let 'em have it!” And the giant monster complies it's it's summoners' wish, its gaping maw opening slightly as a large, glowing purple ball forms in front of the beast's snout, before rapidly expanding into a wall towards the oncoming Bijuu. And none of their attackers can stand up to it; one it sent careening off into the horizon, whilst another is slammed against a mountain before reverting to it's Jinchuriki. The final one is pressed down into the ground as if by tremendous gravity, before it to reverts back into it's container.

“Pretty cool, huh?” Naruto says, arms folded behind his head, and his face practically beaming.

“N-Naruto-kun, what is that...?” Hinata asks, staring at the now docile monster.

“Oh, him? He's Sin; the boss monster of that summoning contract I found. He can uses these awesome gravity moves, and can even create other monsters from his scales and stuff!”

“Are you sure it's safe?” Their sensei asks, raising an eyebrow at the boy.

“Of course!” Naruto answers indignantly, “Sin's a good boy; aren't you Sin?” The beast lets out another low rumbling noise.

“See? He's just so happy~!” It takes every ounce of Shino's willpower not to just palm his face.

And that, as they say, is that. Probably more snipits to come soon-ish, just need to iron-out what's necessary for them. (Stupid names.)
MEKristian

Unread postby Flux_Blade » April 24th, 2011, 2:08 pm

... right, Well, not that I should care that nobody comments on my stuff; pretty much par for the course.

New one-shot thing, following on the heels of Nitramy and Flux, albeit with a different approach. Not that I have any ideas for this beyond the singular pseudo-chapter I have here...

But major thanks to Aldraria Dragonsong for helping me fix-up some general problems I had while writing this; I owe you one.
“No, Sein,” he says, taking a few stretches before he begins, “I can’t have you guys take the heat for this. If it goes badly, it’s my own fault. So you should head home. Besides, If I don’t do it myself, I(it?) won’t really count, right?” The turquoise-haired girl gives a resigned nod before diving into the ground. It was now or never.
So, what do you people think?
Well I was rereading this thread and then realized that I hadn't commented. Thus I need to fix this post-haste. Left one part where I was not sure about your use of I.

Anyways, very interesting, I'm guessing they were sent perhaps on a spy mission, the area for TSAB travel ended up becoming hazardous thus they were forced to spend more time on the planet then planned and then they ran into Naruto and they were affected? I like the Numbers characterizations and how they have influenced Naruto subtly a bit. Though poor Mizuki :secret_laugh:

Also found Naruto summoning Sin to be hilarious.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Unread postby MEKristian » April 24th, 2011, 2:19 pm

Well I was rereading this thread and then realized that I hadn't commented. Thus I need to fix this post-haste. Left one part where I was not sure about your use of I.

Anyways, very interesting, I'm guessing they were sent perhaps on a spy mission, the area for TSAB travel ended up becoming hazardous thus they were forced to spend more time on the planet then planned and then they ran into Naruto and they were affected? I like the Numbers characterizations and how they have influenced Naruto subtly a bit. Though poor Mizuki :secret_laugh:

Also found Naruto summoning Sin to be hilarious.
Yeah, it was supposed to be "it", not "I"; I majorly screwed that one up. D'oh.

And, even though I don't really have any plans on continuing it, my idea was that
Jail pulled a Precia and the Numbers abandoned him.
Hence why Quattro is just the Token Evil Team-mate here, and does actually care about Naruto. Wouldn't stop her from trying to take over Konoha's political scene though.

So it'd take space around the time of Sound Stage X; 3 years after Strikers, and thus Naruto has known them for that long.

And Naruto summoning Sin is what happens when I binge on a Final Fantasy X Let's Play.
MEKristian

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop