Fragments

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Re: Fragments

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 11th, 2010, 10:50 pm

Yeah, Kishimoto is not one to look for romance, especially when you take int account his comments about being bullied by girls in schools and how he hates them :futile:

Wait, WHAT? Is this for real?
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Darkandus » June 11th, 2010, 11:01 pm

Well that explains why Sakura used to hit Naruto.
Spoiler: show
Darkandus

Unread postby Kirai » June 16th, 2010, 11:48 am

I'll just leave this here... does anybody else find the review amusing?
I treid to read this story but can't because in honesty, this story it not about Naruto and gang...just character named and look like them...

You are writing about the story and completely dismissed the characters. They are just shells of who they are...nothing more, nothing less as they are completely out of characters.

You call them Naruto and gang by their name as much as your want but that not who they are isn't it?

Shouldn't you be writing about the characters themselves but you seemed so intent to write about the situation without thinking about the characters themselves...Good writers think of the story at all angles including the characters behaviour. Meaning, you write well but failed the story when you failed the character you supposed to write about.

A good fanfiction story is you are able to write about the characters without changing them to fit into the story. Which you completely and utteredly destroyed of who they are...

That's why people read fanfiction to see how the canon character as they are cope/adapt with the situation without losing who they are...That what makes them,them.

So, you write well granted, but thefailure of the character involves is lot to be desired.

Later.
Kirai

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 16th, 2010, 12:06 pm

I think you posted this before. If not, all I can say is... "TROLL-HOOOOOOOOOO!"
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Kirai » June 16th, 2010, 12:10 pm

Nope, same guy, similiar review. Still no clue.
Kirai

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 16th, 2010, 12:42 pm

Definitely a troll then. If he hates the fic so much, why not stop reading it?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 16th, 2010, 1:19 pm

I'll just leave this here... does anybody else find the review amusing?
I treid to read this story but can't because in honesty, this story it not about Naruto and gang...just character named and look like them...

You are writing about the story and completely dismissed the characters. They are just shells of who they are...nothing more, nothing less as they are completely out of characters.

You call them Naruto and gang by their name as much as your want but that not who they are isn't it?

Shouldn't you be writing about the characters themselves but you seemed so intent to write about the situation without thinking about the characters themselves...Good writers think of the story at all angles including the characters behaviour. Meaning, you write well but failed the story when you failed the character you supposed to write about.

A good fanfiction story is you are able to write about the characters without changing them to fit into the story. Which you completely and utteredly destroyed of who they are...

That's why people read fanfiction to see how the canon character as they are cope/adapt with the situation without losing who they are...That what makes them,them.

So, you write well granted, but thefailure of the character involves is lot to be desired.

Later.
I am glad yall mentioned trolls because I read that review thinking it was a real review and the idea of it being fake did not even pass my mind, first time I have had to force my mouth shut to stop a jaw-drop before.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 16th, 2010, 3:02 pm

No, it's a real review. The guy is trying to start something is all.
— Captain America

Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Zankaru Zelladonii » June 16th, 2010, 3:52 pm

No, it's a real review. The guy is trying to start something is all.
Yeah, thats what I meant, that he was just trying to get under kirai's skin instead of it being an actual opinion on the story.
"Machiavelli was wrong, it is better to be loved than feared. It is harder to get people to love you, but those bonds are that much harder to break."
I'm a Princeps, the #1 of a Titan, the crazy bastard who wears an angry house to work. - Tomas, Princeps of Warhound Titan Invictorus

~*~ Ultimate Viridian Dream's Fanfic Recommendation List ~*~
Zankaru Zelladonii

Unread postby Kirai » June 16th, 2010, 3:55 pm

heh I got a review like that, but that guy actually had a point.

This guy? Pff all he does is amuse me. His ideas what fanfiction is about... well they are interesting to say it politely^^
Kirai

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 16th, 2010, 4:05 pm

Is it anything that you might share with us so we may be inspired to plot plotty plots to rehabilitate him or remove him from society, and optionally the gene poo? :psychotic:
Dechstreme

Unread postby Kirai » June 16th, 2010, 4:11 pm

Eh , he complained mostly about expectations and there that Neji and Naruto were a bit weaker than they were in canon. Fair point really.

Also that Sakura might be a tad... too powerful. And yeah I have to be careful there, she did come out ahead a bit much. Wining against Neji, Shika and generally getting her way a bit often.

Not changing the first point. But I'm having an eye on the second.
Kirai

Unread postby Dechstreme » June 16th, 2010, 8:28 pm

Maybe in a sense, the character has turned loose and out of control, forcing you to catch up to what she wants rather than what you want. This is something of a wave that can happen to stories overall. the authors have to either ride the wave and see were it takes them, or decimate it and try to make it go the way you want it to.

Has mixed results, it does.
Dechstreme

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop