Zoneshifter D: Brainstorming and Assistance Wanted

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Zoneshifter D: Brainstorming and Assistance Wanted

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 14th, 2010, 9:34 pm

Hello there. I'm Dechstreme, to those that haven't really seen me around yet. My pen name is Zoneshifter D. I was one of many that was inspired by excellent stories to become a fanfic writer. I've been working for years in the planning alone for a few stories and quite a few Plot Bunnies I think could become good stories in the right hands. Lately, I've been having problems getting back in the groove of writing, and I'm having problems with the progression of the current story I have posted, Reaching the Heavens. This is a story I started as a means to develop as a writer. I've read some excellent stories that have Original Characters, and I want to try and show that fanfics with OC's in them can be good. I'm having issues working out character interactions and I still got several gaps in the plot that need to be filled out.

I post this thread because I know the community that enjoys this forum is filled with creative and talented people who can help me. I'll bring in more info on my stories on an question and answer basis for the moment.

Dechstreme.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Re: Zoneshifter D: Brainstorming and Assistance Wanted

Unread postby Kirai » April 15th, 2010, 3:57 am

Well, we would need a bit more than what the problm is in the boradest sense to help.

Maybe an example of the the problematic interaction?
Kirai

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » April 15th, 2010, 8:58 am

Ano, a general background would also be helpful.
What do the gaps in the plot consist of? Wait, before that, what does the plot itself consist of?
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby QuoteMyFoot » April 15th, 2010, 11:44 am

And if you're writing a fanfic, in which fandom are you writing?
QuoteMyFoot

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 15th, 2010, 1:51 pm

Naruto. I'm writing a Naruto Story. I've been planning this story since Late 2006, back before the Shark Jump. The Story is titled Reaching the Heavens. The title is a reference to lofty goals and dreams like Naruto's and many others, who want to reach high. First thing I need to fix is the damn summary...

The story was being written as much because I wanted to as well to become better at writing. Basically, the original starting point was what would happen if I dropped some of my own original characters and see what could happen. Rather than a mere rewrite of canon, I wanted to try and properly write how the introduction of new factors in the story would affect character interactions and development, as well as try my own twist on many commonly done things that despite not being bad ideas, bad writers try their hand at them too often and make them suck. And poke fun at stuff, too.

The real big divergences will happen after the timeskip. I'm having problems with the first part of the saga, as it were. My most immediate problem is Chapter five, since.... well, feels like I forgot where I wanted to go with this chapter. Other annoyances are amateur mistakes I made as far back as the prologue and didn't notice until later. I've been meaning to do small fixes but I haven't gotten around to it.

Here is a link.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop