A Dresden Files/Greywalker crossover chronology issue

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

A Dresden Files/Greywalker crossover chronology issue

Unread postby Aegnor » June 19th, 2010, 10:01 am

Ever since I got my hands on Changes the latest book in the Dresden Files, a potential crossover with Kat Richardson's Greywalker series has been swimming around in my head. I've already done a rough plot outline, as well as decided how some of the fantasy elements from Harper Blaine's world fit into Harry Dresden's (this was actually very easy, due to DF's Fantasy Kitchen Sink nature). My main problem before I start writing a chapter is how the timelines mesh. I've turned it one way and another and been unable to get a handle on the chronology, so I decided to bring it here.

Can anyone help me out?
Aegnor

Re: A Dresden Files/Greywalker crossover chronology issue

Unread postby MrRigger2 » June 19th, 2010, 4:15 pm

I'd love to help, and while I'm pretty knowledgeable about the Dresden Files verse, I'm afraid I've never heard of the other cross. If you need any help with fact checking or devil's advocate on the DF stuff, I'll be happy to help, but I can't help on this.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop