Plunnies of a Thozmp Kind

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Plunnies of a Thozmp Kind

Unread postby Thozmp » June 28th, 2010, 12:48 am

So a continuation of the story that starts with this:
Spoiler: show
The Yondaime was considered a genius, and of course he was. The problem was, that sometimes geniuses tended to forget little things: Tying one’s shoes, eating breakfast, putting on clean clothes, arithmetic. The thing that the Yondaime forgot when he went to face the Kyuubi is that he was atop Gamabunta, a toad the size of a small mountain that was being anchored there by the Hokage’s chakra, as well as that he was holding a child not even a day old. So when Yondaime preformed his sacrificial jutsu, and sealed the fox into the child, he overlooked the fact that when he died, his chakra—which as said before was holding the giant toad in that dimension—disappeared as well, thus the baby was now hurtling towards the ground in the arms of a corpse. Needless to say, the child did not survive.

As it was, the spirit of the Yondaime Hokage, as well as the Shinigami and the Goddess Inari looked upon the scene with something like bemused disbelief at what unfolded, more so after the spirits of the child and Kyuubi joined them too. The only response that the deceased Hokage could give was, “Huh. I knew I was overlooking something…”

At this point Inari decided to implement her own plan, as well as deal with the chakra manifestation that was parading itself around as one of her people.

Where the Naruto world is rather AU but a lot remains the same. One of the changes is Sakura who moves into the village with her mother at age 5. Mother Haruno accepts Naruto but can't adopt him. He's over all the time though, so he more or less becomes like Sakura's bother (not sure if Naruto's crush will still be there) And Naruto leaves Ryu with Yukiko Haruno (dunno Sakura's mother's canon name, but this ain't canon) when he can't take care of Ryu himself (Such as when he was away during the Wave mission, yep it still happens, it's important). Here's another part of the story,
When Sakura’s name came up with Neji’s for the preliminary fight, she really regretted not dropping out earlier. She made her way down and stood across from the prodigy, rather uncertain of herself, more so of late, but he was a fellow konoha ninja so he wouldn’t hurt and/or humiliate her too badly, right? Or so she thought, but then the Hyuuga had to go and open his mouth and started spouting out some load of “I’m better then you are, so quit because you aren’t worth my time.”

With each continued insult based on her not being Hyuuga enough or some other crap that she’d stopped listening to, her resolve hardened and her hand drifted closer to her haldugar buod. Of course, that was another thing she’d been worried about since getting to the tower, besides Sasuke’s new “tattoo” and Naruto’s fluctuating energy (and how she could tell that she didn’t know, but it was also on her list), ever since her blackout in the forest she’d found new knowledge that she hadn’t had before, and words and names she shouldn’t understand but did, all crammed into her head during a time she couldn’t remember.

Getting rather tired of his blathering she pulled out her ain kagreig and fired. The bullets of compressed, violently rotating air were actually lethal at such a close range, but she figured that the prodigy was good enough to get out of the way in time. He was, but it seemed to throw him off that she actually retaliated; though, to be far, she was kind of thrown herself as well, something happened during he blackout but she didn’t know what, and wasn’t sure if she liked it or not. Tossing her ain kagreig to her left hand, she reached into her haldugar buod once more to pull out her urticlur falgan and readied the glove like apparatus as she aimed the not-crossbow in her left hand; at times like this, ambidexterity was a godsend.
---
Neji was surprised that the girl that he knew was weak was actually trying to fight against him. Didn’t she know he was Fated to win? That he was Fated to show up the Main branch? That he was Fated— she fired again from her strange contraption, four more shots with remarkable accuracy. She didn’t want him close, a given considering the Hyuuga’s specialized taijutsu, but it seemed as if she didn’t want him close for another reason, though what he couldn’t tell.

With a faint sigh at her futility in fighting Fate, Neji activated his family’s legacy, the Byakugan, in preparation to rushing in and shutting her down; but froze at the sight before him. Her chakra system… it was… The only thing he could possibly call it was undeveloped. And not even in the same sense as his male teammate’s chakra system. Lee’s system was basically stymied, atrophied, as if it had not been used for years, decades even. But Haruno’s… it was as if she hadn’t evolved a closed chakra system yet, like she was several generations short of that point.

Where Lee’s coils were tiny and sickly, Haruno’s was just non-existant. His Byakugan revealed some type of organ, like a heart or something that generated her chakra and simply let it spill into the rest of her body.

Before Neji could even ask what the hell she was, he got shot 5 times in the torso and one more in the head, knocking him out, it seemed that he was at the appropriate distance for her odd contraption and that his shock had cost him the match.
Don't bother looking up translations for the italicized words, I made them up myself and as for Sakura... I'll reveal that later.

EDIT: Fixed
Last edited by Thozmp on June 28th, 2010, 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Thozmp

Re: Plunnies of a Thozmp Kind

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » June 28th, 2010, 12:52 am

Um, you might want to check your coding, there's no italics in there. Other than that, you've got my attention.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » July 1st, 2010, 1:06 am

Can you please explain more? I'm interested in this.
Dechstreme

Yahoo Messenger: dechstreme@yahoo.com

Unread postby Thozmp » July 1st, 2010, 10:34 pm

This is a different one then the one above. For some reason I like the idea of Naruto not being a jinchuriki, among other things.
Naruto looked out into the night sky of Wave country from his perch among the lower branches of the tree he was attempting to climb. Sasuke had gone in awhile ago and left Naruto to himself, which was fine with the blond as he’d been waiting to get alone for some time now. With one last check to make sure no one was watching, Naruto leapt to the ground, and as soon as his feet made contact with the solid earth, he was off.

He wasn’t really running anywhere in particular, simply running for the heck of it; running like the wind, and a moment later he was running as the wind as he shed his physical form. Naruto wasn’t the Naruto everyone thought he was. He wasn’t the jinchuriki of the Kyuubi no Kitsune, he wasn’t the son of the yondaime, he wasn’t even an uzumaki, but he was a Naruto, well, he will be, eventually, hopefully.

Naruto meaning Maelstrom; this is what he was, what he’d always been, and no one was the wiser that a child had died all those years ago and in his place was another being altogether, one not even human. He wasn’t the kyuubi, despite the thoughts of many civilians, and he’d always known he wasn’t even its prison; rather, he was a being of the elements, more specifically he was the wind. And at the moment, he was simply reveling in the joy of being the wind; being more free then any human could hope to be.

After an hour or so, he decided to head back, as he was bound to start worrying his teammates and sensei with his absence. Of course it was also this time when he spotted another person in the forest, gathering herbs. Now as an elemental, Naruto embodied many of the aspects of the wind, and as such tended to be… flighty, and easily distracted, but at the same time very decisive; thus he decided to talk to this person as he was (something he hadn’t a chance to do before) so it was a very surprised Haku who heard the wind say in a rather sing-song voice, “Whatcha’ doin’?
I'll go back to the Naruto x BoF x WA story in the first post in a while, or possibly work on the Medevil on a bit, but for now enjoy this one. Also comments and thoughts are appreciated.
Thozmp

Unread postby Random_fan » July 1st, 2010, 10:58 pm

I like what I'm reading, for both of them, but I'll have to wait until there's more to actually comment.
Random_fan

Unread postby Thozmp » July 14th, 2010, 6:42 pm

Thank Jasruv for this idea, it's Harry Potter: OotP.
Harry watched in horror as Sirius stumbled backwards towards the Veil of Death, even as he desperately attempted to bring his wand around to cast a summoning spell to save his godfather. But Sirius had been too close to the Veil when Bellatrix's spell had hit him and even Harry's seeker level reflexes weren't fast enough.

The moment after Black passed through the Veil, a low chime rang out through the room, quickly followed by another one every second for almost two minute. For every time the sound was made a point on or above the Veil would light up, and when the last chime sang, all the points became connected in a magic circle which encompassed the Veil itself.

From the first to the last, every wizard and witch had frozen in their place, worried about what was going to happen because of this unexpected development. When the circle appeared, everyone took a step back, whether in fear or possibly to examine the arcane array in the hopes that one could figure out what was coming. However one figure glided forward, Voldemort made himself known and seemed to gleefully anticipate what was about to occur.

Bellatrix, upon seeing her master cried out with a worried, “My Lord…”

Voldemort turned back to her and gave what he probably thought was a smile before refocusing on the now spinning magic circle, “I must thank you Bella, I had not thought it would activate so soon, but now I can take what I wanted from here,” In the middle of the circle a symbol of some sort appeared, it seemed to be an almost stylized reaper and scythe but it was somewhat unclear, “The power of Life and Death shall be mine to wield as I see fit.”

The circle seemed to have reached some designated criteria at that point and the Veil flew open with a bright, blinding light. For a moment, nothing could be seen at all, and as sight returned, all found that not only had the circle vanished, but the Veil itself as well. And in its place: a boy who seemed not even a year older then Harry himself. Oddly enough the first thing Harry noticed was the other’s clothes, as he wasn’t wearing the typical wizarding robes, but rather a white shirt under a red tunic vest, yellowish brown pants, and a green bandana worn like a hat. He also held a staff in his hands.

While Harry wasn’t the only one confused by the sudden appearance of the boy, Voldemort seemed to rally valiantly before the teen seemed to become aware of his surroundings, “Child, dispatch my enemies. Lord Voldemort, your new lord and master commands it.”

Said child merely looked at the snake-like man, and when he spoke, Harry could feel the weight of decades, perhaps centuries in his voice, “By what authority do you presume to command me, broken one?” It wasn’t spoken condescendingly, merely a flat, even town one might use for asking directions, yet it enraged Voldemort all the more for the lack of arrogance.

“I am Lord Voldemort, most powerful wizard in the entire world!” The mysterious teen seemed to give Voldemort a once over, and then seemed to casually dismiss him to examine the rest of his surroundings.

This seemed to enrage Bellatrix even more then Voldemort as she cast an Imperius Curse, hitting him directly, “You will bow before your Lord Voldemort!” The teen seemed mildly offended, and in the time it took to blink, occupied the very space Bellatrix once stood in, arm and staff extended as if he’d just struck something. Or someone as Bellatrix was sent flying across the room.

Apparently Voldemort had had as much insult as he could stand as he cursed, “Avada Kadavera!” and sent a bolt of green light at the boy. Much to the surprise of all, however, the boy, when struck dead on, merely swayed, slightly, on his feet.

Casting a glance at the snake man, the boy spoke again, “Perhaps… Yes, I can do it…” Again the boy moved to fast to see, as Voldemort suddenly lay prone, with the mysterious figure standing over him, “It is time to heal, broken one, perhaps then your disposition shall improve…” The boy tugged at the glove on his right arm, not removing the covering but merely adjusting it, “Gather.”

With that single intonation, across the country a ring, a cup, a diadem, and a locket all broke, releasing a small blue flame which immediately raced to the one who spoke; elsewhere a snake and Harry writhed in pain as the added burden of a fragment of Voldemort’s soul was ripped from them. They would live, but they wouldn’t be very happy for a while. As the flames gathered before the boy, he examined each closely, seemingly judging each of the six flames before him, then he spoke again, “Mend.”

Voldemort cried out in agony as the green flames entered into his body, the pain, while brief was far greater then he could have ever thought possible. As he regained his senses, he heard the boy speak again, “It would seem that a piece is still missing… most likely lost forever…”

“What?!” One of his Horcruxes and a piece of his soul destroyed? Surely he, Lord Voldemort, would have felt such a loss…

“What’s done is done; I suggest you leave as you seem to be trying my patience.” This time, light seemed to emanate from within the glove, and in a flash of light, Voldemort was gone, seemingly transported elsewhere against his will if one were to listen to the boy’s words. “Now then, I am Tir McDohl. Would someone kindly tell me where I am, and for what reason I have been awakened?”
Thoughts, and let me know if you figure out what the cross is. Bonus points if you can guess how many seconds/tones it actually took.
Thozmp

Unread postby Thozmp » August 31st, 2010, 3:28 pm

I'm horrible for starting things and not finishing them, aren't I? Anyways, this is a Pokemon Fic that I had thought about doing some time ago.
Ash Ketchum rose with the sun. And why wouldn’t he? Today was the day he would get his starter Pokémon. He was going to start his journey. He was going to be a Pokémon master. He was…

Ash looked down and realized that he was naked in the middle of Professor Oak’s artificial forest.

Surprisingly, the young boy’s reaction was rather atypical. He didn’t panic, flail around uselessly, ask questions no one was around to answer or any number of things a person does when they find themselves in this type of situation. Instead he gave a mighty sigh, thanked whoever was listening that his mom didn’t live in the actual town of Pallet town, and began his hike back home.

Thankfully today was warm, the ground between where he woke up and his house was mostly free of rocks and burrs, and, typically, no one woke up this early.

The reason Ash seemed to act as if waking in the middle of the wilderness naked was a usual occurrence was because, to him, it was. While he couldn’t pinpoint the exact day it started he had, rather unfortunately, gotten used to such a thing in the past year or so.

Thankfully, Ash made it home without incident or stepping on any particularly sharp rocks (always a good thing in his opinion) and headed straight to the bathroom where a set of his clothes was waiting for him after his shower.

A quick washing and a frantic scramble to put clothes on correctly later, Ash was rushing out the door with a hasty “bye” for his mom. He’d come back later for a proper good-bye for her—after he got his starter Pokémon. After all, he wasn’t just going to leave her without a word like some people he really shouldn’t even think about.

Stopping that train of thought before it completely derailed him, Ash quickened his pace to Professor Oak’s lab, already running late, but maybe, at least Ash hoped so, the other trainers would be late too.

As Oak’s Lab came into view, so did Gary, Professor Oak’s grandson, who was heading Ash’s way with a bag over his shoulder.

“Hey, Gary!” said boy stopped a few feet away from Ash.

“Yeah?”

“You heading out already?” Ash inquired.

Gary smirked at the question, “Yeah, I am. Unlike some people, I was actually on time.”

Ash frowned but didn’t take the bait, “So you already got your Pokémon, right?” at the other boy’s sardonic nod, Ash continued, “So, which one is it?”

Gary laughed, “The best one, Ashy-boy, and considering how slow you’re going, you’ll never find out.” As Gary walked off, Ash growled at the barb and in frustration, never noticing the other boy quickening his pace at Ash’s animalistic sound.

Though he’d never admit it out loud, Gary was actually a little afraid of the slightly younger Ash. It wasn’t anything Gary could put into words—and hopefully with the start of his journey Gary wouldn’t have to deal with the unsettling boy again—but something on a more basic level.

Of course Ash was completely oblivious to this delving into Gary’s psyche, and didn’t notice Gary’s absences until the said boy was out of sight. This then gave Ash the reminder that he still needed to get his starter Pokémon. With a wordless exclamation Ash dashed off to Oak’s lab, barreled through the door, and skidded into the aged professor, toppling the poor man.

“Just because you’re running late, Ash, doesn’t mean you need to keep running.”

Ash quickly got up, and helped the professor up as well, chuckling nervously, “Sorry professor, I’m just a bit excited, you know?”

Professor Oak nodded, “And I’m guessing that’s why you’re late today, and not because you overslept.” Ash nodded in reply, Professor Oak knew about his problem, as the man had found Ash one early morning on his ranch, a somewhat embarrassing situation for the both of them.

“Yeah, but I’m ready to go, and I know which Pokémon I’m gonna take with me! Charmander!”

A fire-type, huh? Somewhat fitting. Unfortunately…
Professor Oak sighed, “If you had been here earlier you might have gotten it, but another trainer took charmander…”

Ash’s grin faultered slightly, “Well, second choice isn’t that bad, so I’ll take bulbasaur…”

Ash’s words dropped off as he saw Oak shaking his head, “Sorry, bulbasaur was taken as well.”

Ash seemed to be steeling himself, “Well, a Pokémon is a Pokémon, so squirtle?”

Extremely reluctant to take the water-type…
Oak tried to look everywhere but at Ash, “Unfortunately all of the other trainers were here before you…”

Ash was understandably upset, “How can I go on a Pokémon journey, without a Pokémon?!”

While Professor Oak did have an idea of how Ash could do it, he decided to try something else instead, “Now, I didn’t say I don’t have any Pokémon left, this is after all a Pokémon research lab. I just don’t have any of the starters which are issued by the Pokémon league to representatives such as myself. There is another option…” At this Professor Oak walked up to the device that previously held the pokéballs that held the starter Pokémon. Pressing a seemingly random button, a fourth ball emerged from within. “Now I’m a bit reluctant about this idea, but…”

Ash took the ball without hesitation, and immediately opened it up. A brief show of light from the ball, and a small, yellow rodent like creature appeared. Unfamiliar with this particular Pokémon, Ash picked it up to get a closer look, which the yellow creature didn’t seem to like, “What is this?”

Professor Oak was getting nervous with Ash’s manhandling the creature, “That is a pikachu, the electric mouse Pokémon. And normally they don’t like being touched and let people know it by—“

A loud “CHUUU!” from the golden rodent interrupted the professor, along with an electrical discharge which caught both the research and the new trainer.

“…Letting out a thunder attack …” the professor finished in a stunned manner.

“…Shocking…” Ash replied in a similar manner before they both fell to the ground.

---

It was sometime later that Ash was walking back to his home with his Pikachu on his head. The Pokémon refused to return to its pokéball, and a rather strange argument later, they had reached a compromise of sorts: Pikachu didn’t have to return to its ball, it did have to go with Ash however. Unfortunately for Ash this apparently meant he had to carry Pikachu, thankfully though, the lightning rodent was pretty light.

Just before Ash walked into his home for what may be the last time for a very long time, his eyes rolled up, although he couldn’t actually see the Pokémon on his head. “Now I want you to behave, this is gonna be the last time I see my mom for a while, and I want to give her a proper good-bye, so no shocking me or her, okay?”

Receiving an affirmative “Pika” from his new companion, Ash entered and headed for the kitchen where he found his backpack waiting on the table, and his mother in a nearby seat. She seemed to be lost in thought, with a faraway look in her eyes, a look she’d been taking on more and more as he was getting closer to starting his journey.

Ash cleared his throat loudly, startling his mom out of her thoughts, and grinned sheepishly as she turned to him, “Hi mom.”

Delia Ketchum got up from the table and embraced her son, “My little Ash, all grown up…” she seemed to finally take notice of the furry attachment to her son’s head, “Oh, and who is this?” she asked as she gently lifted the Pokémon from its resting place.

“Oh, that’s my Pokémon, Pikachu.”

“Oh, it’s so cute!” she exclaimed as gave the mouse a gentle hug and rubbed her cheek against its fur, which the Pikachu accepted with a small amount of joy, before setting the little creature on the table., and picking up the green backpack resting there. “I’ve made sure you have everything you’ll need, as well as some money for whenever you get to a town. Though this was prepared yesterday…”

Ash grinned sheepishly once more, “I know, I just wanted to see you once more before I left, you know, so it wouldn’t seem like I was just leaving everything behind and…” Ash’s voice drifted off as a frown came over his face.

Mrs. Ketchum frowned at her son, “Ash…” she warned him.

“I know, I know, but… He just—“

“Ashton Ketchem!”

Ash snapped out of his funk at his mother’s stern voice, “Sorry.” Ash slipped on the backpack and after a moment, hugged his mother tightly.

Delia Ketchum returned the hug with just as much force and emotion, “I know we’ll be apart for a long time, but you know that no matter what, this will always be your home, I’ll always be your mother, and I’ll always love you. No matter what happens, you’ll always be able to come back here.” Mrs. Ketchum’s voice hitched as she continued, “And no matter where you go, what you do, or what you become, world’s greatest Pokémon trainer or whatever, I will always be proud of you, my dearest boy.”

The Ketchums stood together for a moment longer, before Ash pulled away with a small smile, “I better get going, a lot of ground to cover before dark, and all that. Come on, Pikachu.” Said creature leaped from the table onto Ash’s backpack before climbing once more onto his head. With a wry grin, Ash left the Ketchum residence and headed off into the wilderness.

Delia stared after her son until she could no longer see him, and just as he vanished from sight, she whispered, “Please stay safe, Ash.”
Kind of a Prolog/possible first chapter here.
Thozmp

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » August 31st, 2010, 5:08 pm

Nice, this is the one where Ash is a were-Growlithe, right? The Prof and his mom seem to be aware of his "condition", moreso than he is anyway. I can't help but wonder if his dad was who he got it from, and if he didn't "leave" so much as get captured.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby Dechstreme » September 14th, 2010, 11:49 pm

Wait a... ASH IS A WHAT!?!?! HOW DID THAT HAPPEN!?!?!
Dechstreme

Unread postby Thozmp » April 25th, 2011, 8:34 pm

Been a while since I did this but here goes, these go with the plunny in the first post
There were three times when Naruto’s life changed. The first time was when he was five, and Yukiko Haruno and her daughter came to live in Konohagakure. Before that time, Naruto didn’t have the happiest of lives. While not abused, directly, he was neglected and ignored to the point where he was starting to act out. Yukiko managed to give Naruto the positive attention he needed, as well as providing a friend in the form of her daughter, Sakura. Yukiko could not adopt Naruto into the small Haruno family (for reasons she was never told the attempts were blocked at the highest level), but she could still act like they were, which was good enough for the three of them.

The second time Naruto’s life changed was when he was ten, and he found a blue-haired boy half his age, sprawled unconscious on the forest floor, naked. Naruto froze, and began to try and figure out what he was going to do, when the boy woke up, and promptly started crying. In a panic, Naruto thumped the boy on the head, knocking him out again, wrapped the boy in his coat, and immediately took him home so that Naruto could have Yukiko look him over. This was how Naruto gained a little brother in Ryu. And while Ryu has expressed that he doesn’t want to become a ninja (which Naruto respects even if he is somewhat disappointed) Naruto has taught him a little of how to handle himself in a fight, though Ryu seems very reluctant to learn. Something that Yukiko had dearly wished Sakura would emulate, though, that’s a story for a different time.

Now, most would think that the third time Naruto’s life changed would be when Mizuki told him the (incorrect) secret of the Kyuubi. This isn’t so, as Naruto had enough positive influences in his life (Sandaime, both Haruno’s, Ryu) that he knew he’d be able to weather the storm of such a truth. No, the third change in his life happened during his mission to Wave, when some previously thought facts turned out to be not so factual.
And this one goes after Sakura's fight with Neji
Kakashi had a problem; all three of his students had managed to make it to the third phase. This was a problem for several reasons, not the least of which was that he didn’t really expect them to make it that far. He did expect for all three of his students to fail, which sounds horrible, but he figured it was safe enough to enter them while their home village was the host, show them just how far they had to go, and provide a reason for them to get their act together without immanent death hanging over their heads like in Wave. He hadn’t sent them in to die; he knew they were strong enough for that, he just didn’t expect them to make it to the third phase. Which began his next set of problems.

He had three students; three students who passed; three students who passed and would now expect training from him personally, and probably want the whole month’s worth from him. Which he couldn’t do; he was, after all, just one man. So he went to his sorta-friend, Maito Gai, to ask for help as none of his students had gotten to the third phase. Kakashi laid it out for Gai: He had one student who was being targeted by not only an S-class missing-nin and one of the strongest to come out of Konoha in its history but by a homicidal, psychotic jinchuriki as well (and seriously what was Suna thinking entering Gaara?). Another student had more energy and chakra then should be humanly possible (and Kakashi was starting to wonder just how human Naruto was), that needed control but was too impatient to work at it. And then there was Sakura…

Here Kakashi sighed, “I have no idea how to train her.”

“Of course you do, she did fairly well in the preliminaries.”

“I’m not talking about that, I just mean… I don’t know but she doesn’t… grow…” Kakashi floundered as words failed him.

Gai was equally confused, “What do you mean, my eternal rival?”

“She… She…” Kakashi paused and sighed once more, “When training, she has a limit, let’s say that she can do 100 push-ups. She’ll be unable to pass 100 for days; then suddenly she’ll be able to do 110. She doesn’t work up to it, it just seems like her limit resets to something higher.”

Gai was obviously confused, he was a taijutsu expert and knew training didn’t work that way, it was gradual, not so sudden. There was really only one thing he could liken it to, “So she… levels up?”

Kakashi stared at is sorta-kinda-friend for several moments before giving a short nod, “I guess that’s the best way to put it, but it doesn’t affect everything. Do you know how much chakra Sakura graduated the academy with?”

At Gai’s negative, Kakashi continued, “Twice the requisite amount needed to pass. Now during the time spent in Wave, we had to train, fast as the situation demanded, but after the danger had passed I went back and trained them all properly: Increase Naruto’s control, and Sasuke’s and Sakura’s reserves. Been working on Sakura’s reserves ever since we got back really, and do you know how much she was now?”

Once again Gai shook his head negative, but seemed intrigued. Kakashi took a deep breath, “Twice the requisite amount needed to pass.”
Thozmp

Unread postby Dechstreme » April 25th, 2011, 10:55 pm

What's the deal with Sakura?
Dechstreme

Unread postby Thozmp » June 30th, 2012, 2:47 am

So an idea for a scene came to me the other day. This is for the Naruto x Mario Bros. plunny I had a while back. This is specifically the Forest of Death after Orochimaru bites Sasuke. Naruto took longer with the big snake and was therefore not hit with the five elements seal, so is concious and trying to make an effort here.
Sakura-chan was nervous, and honestly Naruto couldn’t blame her. He didn’t know what the freaky-snake man/woman/thing did to Sasuke, but it didn’t seem good, since he was now feverish and wouldn’t wake up.

Now, Naruto had an idea that might help the last Uchiha (and therefore win the loving affection of his Sakura-chan) but it might backfire horribly as well. Making a decision, Naruto pulled a stethoscope from one of his overall’s pockets and placed it around his neck; in a puff of smoke he was instantly wherein a white lab coat holding a piece of glass and a large pill bottle.

“Naruto, what are you doing?” Sakura whispered harshly, she was still worried about the other chuunin hopefuls.

“Well, I’m not gonna let Sasuke die without trying anything to help, and this is the only thing I can think of.” Naruto placed the glass on Sasuke’s torso, and seemingly looking inside the boy though it showed mostly a black empty space. Adjusting it a bit, Naruto scrutinized the glass and seemingly spotted something as he opened the pill bottle and pulled out a red and blue pill.

Frowning for a second, Naruto quickly shoved the pill down Sasuke’s gullet before pulling out another pull, this one yellow and red, and shoving this one down Sasuke’s throat as well. Naruto kept pulling out red, blue, and yellow pills and forcing Sasuke to swallow them as Sakura looked on with a bewildered expression; her mind screaming at her that this is not how medicine worked.

It seemed to work however, as Sasuke sat up abruptly, looked around, ran to some bushes and promptly threw up what seemed like a friggin rainbow.

Naruto felt vindicated. The Dr. Naruto Mario method of medicine worked!
Thozmp

Unread postby Thozmp » November 20th, 2012, 9:59 pm

This is an idea for an alchemist Naruto. Now I don't really care for Full Metal Alchemists so I use different sources, namely: Pathfinder, Secret of Evermore, and Mana Khemia/Atelier. The last provides him with a friend earlier in life:
At age 6, Naruto had a secret to keep: He had a friend. Normally, such a thing wouldn’t have to be kept a secret, but in his 6 short years of life, Naruto learned that if he wanted to keep a friend, he couldn’t tell anyone, or let anyone know. Every other time he’d made a friend, an adult seemed to swoop in out of nowhere and take them away, and if they ever returned, they weren’t his friend anymore.

Naruto found his friend at a deep ravine when he was pretty much yelling to himself to drown out the silence. As he was yelling, he’d heard another voice. He stopped, and when he didn’t hear anything yelled out, “Hello!” and surprisingly got a response.

“..lo!”

Naruto heard the voice from in the ravine. He thought about climbing down, but the sides were steep and slick. He could still communicate with this person though,” Wanna be my friend?”

“…Friend?”

“Yeah!”

“…Yeah!”

Naruto never did learn that his friend was just his echo, while he wasn’t abused in the village; he was neglected and pointedly ignored. When other children learn about echoes, there is usually an adult nearby or around to tell them that it was only their own voice coming back. As Naruto didn’t have such an adult, he held firm to the belief that it was a separate person and thus his friend.

Of course, after a month something interesting happened. Tired of yelling and never actually seeing his new friend, he called out, “Am I ever gonna see you?”

Strangely there was no immediate response, and after a few moments, Naruto felt that he’d crossed some sort of line, until he heard a voice that sounded far away even as it whispered in his ear, “… see you.”
Time goes on, things change, but he's still a part of Team 7, and has to pass Kakashi's test. This is where the Pathfinder part comes in, or more specifically a spell/extract called Blistering Invective:

:police Warning: Language! and lots of it! :police
As Kakashi’s test began and Naruto’s classmates quickly hide themselves, Naruto himself contemplated his next course of action. Of course Kakashi decided for him when the jonin noticed a still highly visible Naruto and decided to comment. “You’re a little weird, aren’t you?”

Naruto’s eye twitched as he took out a small vial, drank it and replied, “Thanks for being honest. You - dirty, stuck up, sadistic, shit-eating, cocksucking, butt-fucking, penis-smelling, crotch grabbing, ball licking, semen drinking, dog raping, Nazi loving, child touching, cow-humping, perverted, spineless, heartless, mindless, dickless, testicle-choking, urine-gargling, jerk-offing, horse-faced, sheep fondling, toilet kissing, self-centered, feces puking, dildo shoving, snot-spitting, crap gathering, big nosed, monkey slapping, bastard screwing, bean shitting, fart knocking. sack busting, splooge tasting, bear blowing, head swallowing, bitch snatching, hand-jobbing, donkey caressing, mucus spewing, anal plugging, hole grabbing, uncircumcised, sewer sipping, whore mongering, piss swimming, midget munching, douchebag, hole biting, carnivorous mail-order prostituting ASSHOLE!”

Naruto had been yelling about halfway though and, needless to say, both Sasuke and Sakura were stunned; not only by Naruto’s tirade and blatant disrespect, but also, that the moment Naruto stopped, Kakashi’s head spontaneously caught fire.
He'll do this a couple more times, specifically the first time he meets Zabuza and during the chuunin prelims.
Thozmp

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 21st, 2012, 1:38 am

On the second one, not bad. I've heard and been called worse, but not bad at all.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Unread postby Dechstreme » November 21st, 2012, 4:50 pm

I pretty much skipped over the cursing. I felt like it could make paint peel of the walls...
Dechstreme

Unread postby jgkitarel » November 27th, 2012, 12:54 am

Eh, it was OK. As I said, I've heard and been on the receiving end of worse.
Also, I have to punch you, jgkitarel, because I spent a lot of time on the nanoha wiki trying to locate information on mages being trained due to being above a certain rank, only to remember and confirm that you were the one that came up with that. - Phht
Don't forget: Mass Effect is powered by magic space rocks. Evangelion is powered by Your Mom.
From his new fic Long Night of the Harvest

My current project on FFN, Mystic Knight Online
jgkitarel

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop