Scene Markers

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Scene Markers

Unread postby Pokeprof » July 25th, 2010, 5:24 am

We all have them.

A time in our story where we either want to change from the eyes of one character to another or to show a passage of time, we almost always have something marking a distinct change in the scenery about our characters. However I've been experiencing a bit of issues with it on the many different sites I use and wonder which, if any, particular marker does best?

I currently use a '--' mark to show a change in scene and wonder what might be some other good choices.
Pokeprof

Re: Scene Markers

Unread postby Psalm Of Fire » July 27th, 2010, 8:23 pm

-x--x--x-

-~-

o0o0o

~x~

|x|X|x|

-=--=--=-

-(%(%)%)-

^v^v^

+/+/+/+/+

-<} i||i {>-

-~&~&~-

mvmvmvm

-#=#=#-

Tada! How's that? I prefer ~x~ because of it's clean, somewhat antiquated style.
"That didn't make me cry. I'm just shedding manly tears over something completely unrelated and super masculine. Like an explosion. An exploding robot. An exploding robot that's on fire. DON'T LOOK AT ME!"
-Farmer10
Psalm Of Fire

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop