Another time-travel story from Flux_Blade

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Another time-travel story from Flux_Blade

Unread postby Flux_Blade » August 17th, 2010, 3:58 pm

At least this time I wrote it as a one-shot. Anyways this story was a bit inspired by "Fragments" though the Sasuke in this one is definitely different.
Spoiler: show
A shudder passed through his body as he jerked awake, almost pulling the two IVs out of the stands holding the plastic bags above him. It wasn’t joking, my old body was out of commission.

He let a smile loose even though the ceiling might as well have been painted black. Blinking a few times to clear his vision, he tried to guide chakra to his eyes, however, the amount was off.

Usually when he attempted to draw on chakra, it was like normally using a large pail to draw out from a mighty river, and now using the bucket on a very tiny stream. Wait, I have to convince It again to start paying rent again. With that thought he focused on where the seal should be.

As he felt himself falling and then the mental thud, he opened his eyes to see a black and white version of miso broth that was left after all the noodles were finished in Ichiraku’s ramen prized, Uzumaki special.

Sensei had explained once before that for normal ninjas, excluding Yamanakas, trying to reach inside a mindscape usually ended up in a mental chaotic swirl. He thought that it was another prank, but it seemed he owed sensei an apology. He would just have to find where It was now, if It had planned this…

Rushing out of his mind, he realized that he was no longer alone in the room, as two medic-nins were probably discussing him in whispered voices. He slowly sat up, as Sakura had physically made sure he never made a problem in the hospital ward, after his third attempt at removing all the unnecessary equipment and make an escape. His movement caught the medics’ attentions as they turned towards him,

“Do you feel pain anywhere?” What a stupid question, he only felt pain when he overloaded on It's chakra, which he had just done. I'm an idiot, I blame Sensei for this.

“My right shoulder is a bit stiff.” The other medic marked it down on his chart. “How long was I out for, a day?”

“No, it has been 93 hours since you were found in your home. You are usually better about making sure you don’t over do it. What were you practicing?” He held back a snort, it was only because if It that he never ran out, but they were expecting an answer.

“Great Dragon Fire Justu.” Since he had known the Great Fireball for a while by this time, and this technique could have maybe made a dent into his reserves. “I also may not have eaten enough before practicing. I am assuming that my team is waiting for me then?” They both chuckled as one of them explained,

“Not quite, they haven’t officially announced it. If you hurry, you might make it in time.” With that explanation, the IVs were carefully removed as the other took his charts away.

“Your clothes are in the basket next to the door, please avoid overexerting yourself for the next twenty four hours.” With that statement he was left alone. Standing slowly and heading to his clothes, the mirror in the room caught his attention. His eyes trailed down to the one missing feature on his face, the whiskers. This last piece proved that something It did was wrong, It should have still been caged. There was no way that It would be able to hide them while I was out. There goes the last hope I had that I was just unable to get into the mindscape properly. Planning what to do was put on hold, when he realized that something the medic said did not make sense.

“I’m too tall to be just becoming a genin.” He muttered, first It said It would take him back to the time right when It's chakra was drawn on for the first time. All he knew was It did something to throw him back in time. There was no genjustu that could hide his activation of the Sharigan. He would just have to treat this as an infiltration mission.

After all, it may not even be Konoha I am in now. After all, the Uchiha fan does not tell me anything.

This thought died as he walked down and saw the familiar signs to the hospital. Specifically the one that marked the reception line. That one Sakura had made sure he knew where it was, even though he was important to The Hokage, he still had to follow proper procedures. As he pushed the doors open and kept his shoulders hunched, it fortunately held others at bay.

His eyes searched the upper parts of the village, until resting on Hokage Mountain. “Only four, perhaps it hadn’t happened yet.” His mutterings barely audibly to himself, now hopefully, the academy hadn’t moved.

His journey ended up successful, but one thing haunted him. Why were there people giving me looks of pity? People would thank me for what I had done, complain that I was given special treatment, or pretend I didn’t exist. Never got looks of pity, well then again, when I was young enough I might have. Shaking his head, he would just have to assume it couldn’t get worse.

He entered the academy and started toward his old classroom, though a commotion from another one drew his attention. No one noticed him from inside as his eyes noticed the main player in the argument. He walked to the back entrance and walked in quietly. This was one of the many times he was glad Sensei taught him how to be sneaky. What, why is Naruto passing such a surprise? Why are both of us passing the academy so late?

“SASUKE! YOU’RE BACK!” He wasn't as sneaky as he thought, though he should of moved he mused as he pressed his back against the door as all the girls in class were screaming his name. Okay, my brother must be dating someone if they moved onto me. Hold on, even Sakura doing it?

Sasuke did a quick glance around the room, as he bit his lip. Why was Naruto glaring at me? I didn’t prank him, did I?

He blinked a few more times, as there was no way he was going to let any fangirls see him cry. His eyes moved to where Hinata was sitting in the back. At least she wasn’t screaming his name. Though she seemed nervous, well at least he had one semi-safe place. He headed to her seat and placed himself next to her, which elicited gasps from the female population of the class.

Yep, he definitely wasn’t in one of the advanced graduating classes, which meant there was no way his old team would be made up again. Pity, he would miss the Bijuu Extermination Team. They were a sure bet, as Sensei said…

It still was a horrible joke. Perhaps when they made chunin, he could see if they could get strings pulled to get Neji on their team, or if Hinata was their third genin team member, they still could pull it off. Looking over the class, he made sure not to catch any of the girls’ attentions. Though where was Anko? And why was Mizuki supposedly teaching this class, he hadn’t been exactly fair to mr during the week he was subbing. At least I never had to deal with him full time. For once, Brother picked up on human interaction properly.

He still could not believe how bad Brother was at reading people sometimes. After all, who would believe that becoming Hokage would make the girls after him back off? He let off a chuckle at the confused look Brother had when he saw the large heart made for him at the celebration. Unfortunately, that grabbed everyone elses' attentions.

“Sorry, sensei.” Iruka gave him another glance before returning to his list.

“Anyways, continuing on Team 7, Haruno Sakura… Uzumaki Naruto…” Sasuke stared as he watched Naruto act as though he received his birthday present early while Sakura withered in despair. “Uchiha Sasuke…” at that, the two switch roles, while Sasuke just sighed. Great, she thinks that being on the team is a good thing? Doesn’t she know that there is no way I would ever date someone that proclaimed her undying love for Brother?

He sighed as Iruka continued on to the next team and after hearing who Hinata was paired up with, he muttered so only she could have heard,

“A heavy assault scout team, you’ll do great.” At that Hinata sat a bit straighter, while glancing at him from time to time while hearing the last two teams called out. With the announcement that they would have time for lunch, as he watched most of the boys in class rush out, with Hinata following her teammates. However, this left him with just the girls as Iruka gave him another look and walked out. They started to walk closer and cooing out,

“Sasuke…” He was a desperate man, at least he knew how his brother escaped these situations, his hands moving into very familiar seals.

“Replacement,” he mutters, not trusting his newly weakened reserves to handle it seal-less. Iruka’s poor desk found itself now being crushed by a Yamanaka and a civilian child. He rushed out the door and bolted until he left the academy. He slowed down as he made it onto the main street. It would not due to panic, he had enough information to gather his wits and make a hypothesis. Besides, Ichiraku’s should still be where it was…

“He better have the Uchiha special on the menu, or at least be able to make it.” Since if the person here was much different than himself, they may have never gone there. The best theory he had was this was another dimension, hopefully nothing that was Kamui would end up here. They really didn’t need another of that sword Kisame used to appear here. If this theory was right, then perhaps It wasn’t lying. He had been out for about 4 days, thus whoever had It used the power for the first time. He would have to ask him about It later, discreetly. Since he should already know about It, obviously.

After all, he did not have the Sharigan, yet, and he had no clue how he was going to get the upgrade again. He could not tell Naruto to fake his death during a spar to make him think he killed him again and believe it. If he had not gotten the upgrade, he would have probably tried to kill Brother. He musing brought him to The Stand in all its glory, as Sensei would say, he pushed back the hanging curtain, and smiled at seeing Ayame manning the front counter. He slid himself into the one open seat and gave the menu a look over. The breath he had been holding flew out, as he cracked a smile. He at least had something to eat when Sensei dragged the team here. He would need to visit the rest of her family, but probably shouldn’t interrupt their meal. Besides, Sukoru was always difficult to handle before going to the academy.

“Excuse me, Mr. Uchiha, what may I get you?” Ayame broke him out of his thoughts.

“2, no 1 vegetable ramen please.” He was hungry, but if Sensei brought them here and he didn’t eat, he would like to avoid the thousand-years of pain again, if possible. Especially since he no longer had It, his hunger probably would not be so immense either. Deciding to listen to those around him, he heard nothing of interest and he definitely didn’t care too much about the price of wood.

And if that was an implication of something else, he was going to scream. At least that was one small mercy, not having to have THAT MAN train him again.

Of course, for some reason I had to be one trained, certainly not his god-child. Besides, Naruto was so much more a pervert than I am. Oh yeah, it was punishment for the prank we had done to the Hokage. Neji was right for once though, we eventually got caught. Though that was one thing he doesn’t need to repeat again, especially since he doubted Naruto’s father would appreciate it.

The food arriving cut into his thinking as he looked around to make sure the ramen vultures didn’t arrive to steal his food. He could not understand where they put the food, especially since they did not grow, ever. After determining to the best of his abilities they weren’t around he started to dig in. While eating, there was something he was forgetting about, but he couldn’t place what. Probably had far too many times eating ramen and not able to think because of teammates/Sensei.

After cleaning out the bowl, and being surprisingly, close to full, he returned to the academy. He squeezed by the jounin standing outside the classroom, and frowned. There were only 8 jounin and none had red hair. Perhaps she was going to jump in and surprise the team. Or maybe she was still in ANBU, protecting the Hokage.

He grumbled as he noticed this time Hinata was sitting with her teammates, and Naruto was glaring at him. Great, I have to rebuild my friendship again. Glancing at the damaged desk with a smirk, he plopped himself next to Naruto, while leaving no room unless someone tried to squeeze in between the two.

Iruka came back, grimacing at the desk while Sasuke adopted an innocent look, which caused his teacher to watch him carefully. He shrugged, if they allow his fellow genin to attack him, he would protect himself without injuring anyone. Hopefully they would have someone good as a sensei. If THAT MAN walked in, I am failing, he didn't care if Naruto would never make Hokage, it was not worth it.

Okay, if that was the punishment, he would pass, though he would be complaining the whole time.

“Oh Sasuke! Where the hell were you for lunch?” Naruto jumped on top of the desk in front of him after most of the jounin had left, Iruka was quietly grading papers. Sasuke shoved his chair back, he had learned never to let anyone with Uzumaki blood within hand's-length when mad, he didn’t need to be pranked right now.

“Ichiraku’s ramen.” At that Naruto deepened his glare. “Let me guess you wanted to prank me and since I wasn’t where you thought I was, you couldn’t.” The boy just turned and harrumphed. He smiled as he seemed to have avoided some sort of potential problem.

Walking down to Iruka’s slightly damaged desk, he asks,
“Sensei, was there something wrong with our new Jounin-sensei?” Iruka scratched the back of his head before responding,

“I don’t think so, as I received no messages about it.” With that comment, he thanked Iruka, sat down, and started to draw. The fact he started to draw It may not be the most discreet, but if either Naruto or Sakura held It, they would recognize it. Though Sakura was probably too old and Naruto was too young to hold it, checking with his team was the best first step.

It had been at least an hour, when finally Sakura broke the silence. “Sasuke, what are you drawing?”

“The Kyuubi.” They would have no clue of It's proper name. Even if It would howl when not Shariganned. He felt the gazes of the two other males in the room on him.

“How do you know what it looks like?” She wondered as he continued on.

“My brother described it to me.” Iruka’s eyes widened while Naruto bounded over, studying the picture intensely.

“Good thing the Fourth Hokage killed it, right?” Sasuke paused mid-shading, his father had sealed It away. Wait a minute, Naruto’s last name is Uzumaki, then that means either Naruto's father didn’t marry Kushina or he was dead. If he sealed it away, then who had it? He had to stop letting details like this slip by, if this been a real mission, he may have gotten himself killed. Though he noticed how Naruto didn’t do his typical, my family is awesome speech, he probably didn’t know either. Was Sensei dead? I heard that there were complications, but the medic-nin should have been enough to prevent any problems. Was Naruto an orphan?

Wait a minute, Sakura said the fourth killed it. That means she doesn’t know, which means that most were not supposed to know.
This brought the final nail into the coffin for Sensei being their sensei. Something bad happened that they had to hide the truth, and Sensei would have pranked everyone that disagreed with her.

He finished his picture as Iruka finally gave up on the new jounin-sensei. Sasuke closed his eyes and started going over what he could and could not show. He toyed with the idea of talking to the Hokage, which was Sarutobi then? If it was Brother he could talk to him, but the information he had was mostly limited, and there was enough difference that the only thing he might have useful would be Orochimaru wants the Sharigan if he can get his hands on it. He better check on Shisui, since that is who the snake gotten as a body. Though he was not sure when it happened, though it had definitely been a few weeks before the Konoha chunin exam. Probably just need to warn him to be careful when traveling near where Orochimaru would set the trap to ensnare him. He didn’t need to let his brother kill his best friend that badly. He thought how to deal with his mother and a father he never dealt with before as well.

Naruto had gotten bored and played a prank on…
Blast it! Why did it have to be him? Okay, it wasn’t fair to blame the man for something out of his control. After all, Brother thought the trick would have worked as well. It was not his fault that Madara had a counter to it. The worst part was his girlfriend had an idea that might have worked. After seeing the man had ordered them all to the roof, Sasuke trudged behind his two teammates.

After making it to the roof and situating himself between the two, Kakashi gave them a glance over before asking them to introduce themselves. Fortunately, it seemed that Kakashi had given him an out. After Naruto announced his plan for Hokage and his obsession with ramen, Kakashi asked for his answer. Though the way he stared at him, it was an order. It probably would not look good to disobey, though Kakashi usually wasn’t big on following orders when deemed unnecessary.

“I guess I’ll start with my dreams, and that is to kill a certain man.” There that should be vague enough and someone must have done something to the Uchiha clan to merit this type of punishment. “Hobbies, foiling pranks.” He smirked at Naruto who glared before squinting even more, good, Naruto hadn’t written him off completely. “Likes…” He was going to say tomatoes, but there was no way to give information like that to a fangirl. “Pocky.” Ha, he could give them to his brother and let him suffer the fangirls. “Dislikes, traitors.” Finally looking back at Kakashi, who seem to have expected the reaction. Blast it, it seems Orochimaru got the Sharigan somehow or Shisui escaped and news spread. Please be the latter.

Sakura finished the group up with the particular mention of an Ami she disliked. Good, she doesn’t hate Naruto. After sitting quietly hearing about the survival test, he realized he was definitely using the bell test. He smirked after reading which training area to meet at and once Kakashi left, he mutters quietly, in case the jounin was still around,

“Eat before coming tomorrow, he’ll be late again.” With that he headed straight to the stairs as he felt Naruto following behind.

“How do you know?”

“Think, he didn’t show up on time for this. Also if the test is to push us, and we don’t eat, won’t it make it harder for us to fight?” Naruto nodded as he rushed off to who knows where. Once they reached the bottom of the stairs, he gave Sakura a glare to keep her moving. Sakura rushed away, her lips quivering.

Okay, perhaps he didn’t need to put that much force into it, but being able to get Sakura to leave without having a large argument was something to treasure. After all the times she made him suffer through those medical tests. He was pretty sure they mostly to get at him for ‘killing’ Naruto. Of course, Brother got a free pass, but that might have been because he could get Tsunade to take care of him.

Now he just needed to find out how to deal with his new father, it couldn’t be that hard, right?

Where are the guards to the place? Sasuke shoved through the gates as he scanned the area. The only sights he found were well-kept up houses, but nothing living besides perhaps insects he couldn’t see. The only pieces missing were the market stalls…

Iruka’s reaction, Brother was old enough to at least gotten a glimpse of It, and if Brother killed the clan, he would have the upgraded sharigan. Iruka didn’t have the whole story, and thus whatever I said, he would believe is true. His fist found the nearest building and left a very large dent in the wood. That explains why Kakashi expected his answer. Brother was one of the most loyal ninja to Konoha, though. All other evidence pointed to him, he was probably one of the only surviving Uchiha, besides Madara, it had to be someone powerful, and both Iruka’s and Kakashi’s reactions. He fell to the ground and tears flooded down his face. This Sasuke was only kept alive to give him new eyes. Is he loyal here or was our father that bad of a person? How do I kill him? I couldn’t beat him with It and he gave me the first blow in our duel. And Madara is almost as strong. What the hell happened here?!

After finally running out of tears to shed, he slowly stood and took a deep breath. Sensei, I will fulfill my promise of a life-time, Naruto will become Hokage with my help. Then we’ll figure out what to do with Brother. At least he won’t be trying to kill me until I get the eyes. I need more information and I still need to find It. Hopefully It is suffering for this treachery.

OoOoO

The beast smirked as the justu activated, while it was a long shot he could feel the change. This mindscape was different, there was no glaring eyes. The best part was his pathetic excuse for a jailor was in a dimension that he should be suffering in. Footsteps drew the fox’s attention as he looked down.

“Worm, you will release me from this cage if you value your sanity and your friends’ lives.” The boy came into a better focus as the insect watched him carefully.

“Releasing you would be most unyouthful, besides too much of your chakra means that my coils become re-damaged. For your unyouthful conduct, I will teach you how to properly greet a person, and since I failed my last attention, I will forsake your chakra for three months.” The boy formed a ram seal and the Kyuubi felt like his cage shrunk on him. “There, now you will no longer have any chakra that is not absorbed by the seal leaking into my body, also for the next two weeks, you are in time-out.” The boy bowed before adding, “As Sensei has often told me, this is for your own good.” He vanished as the Kyuubi started to realize that his former jailor may not be the only one to suffer. Especially as he noticed the green jump-suit on the boy.
So let me know, did the humor work from his background, could people see this Sasuke as being a possible person from that world? Any other comments or questions I'll be happy to answer.
Last edited by Flux_Blade on September 5th, 2010, 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Still proud owner of no avatar.

Digimon Quest, it's back. Clicky.
Flux_Blade

Re: Another time-travel story from Flux_Blade

Unread postby MEKristian » August 17th, 2010, 4:28 pm

Interesting, albeit somewhat confusing to follow. Where everything lines up, who Sasuke refers to half the time (especially with his pronoun usage shifting from first to third person seemingly at random) is somewhat hard to decipher.

I'm guessing that at least some of it is supposed to be internal monologue, but there's no indication of where that ends and the narration begins.
MEKristian

AOL: MEKristian

Unread postby Flux_Blade » August 17th, 2010, 6:40 pm

Interesting, albeit somewhat confusing to follow. Where everything lines up, who Sasuke refers to half the time (especially with his pronoun usage shifting from first to third person seemingly at random) is somewhat hard to decipher.

I'm guessing that at least some of it is supposed to be internal monologue, but there's no indication of where that ends and the narration begins.
Well part of the pronoun change is because the Kyuubi is referred to as It, he doesn't lower himself in his mind to call it by a more proper name.

Ok, got to fix the internal monologue, will do, thanks MEKristian.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 5th, 2010, 7:09 pm

Ok I know this is a double post, but I finally got around to editting the chapter, forgot that italics were taken out when copy-pasted. :you_re_kidding_right:

Flux_Blade

Unread postby MEKristian » September 7th, 2010, 8:08 pm

Much better; the lack of Italics was the main problem with reading it in the first place.

There's a few missing words there, and one "me" misspelled as "mr". Kinda busy to go over them all though. :|

Looking forward to where this goes.
MEKristian

Unread postby Kirai » September 8th, 2010, 2:32 am

Yay I inspired a story. A very interesting one at that. Sorry I can't say much though on the Iphone.
Kirai

Unread postby Flux_Blade » September 26th, 2010, 1:23 am

Well it's good to hear that this story is interesting, now naturally this was supposed to be a one-shot, but then again, so was the Nanoha-Naruto one-shot, so we'll see.

Though if I was going to write this, does it seem in character for this Sasuke to get his teammates to leave and train in the Uchiha complex when Kakashi does his, be late to see if it annoys the genin routine? Since Sasuke never talked enough with Kakashi, he never learned that part of this was to get the genin on edge, just like the food.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby Flux_Blade » February 24th, 2011, 12:47 am

Well, it is not a one-shot as of now, so I have a second chapter. There is two scenes I'm not happy with, both are Sasuke and Kakashi interactions.
Spoiler: show
I thought he would actually show up for this event by now. I heard he was bad, but this is bad enough. How important is this test to him? Does he only care about those that are jounin or should be? Sasuke grunted to himself as he stood and started to pace. Naruto seemed to have started at least five minutes ago. At least all of them had eaten, since he heard no bellies.

“Sakura, how long have we been waiting?” She jumped at the question, as Sasuke paused his pacing to begin tapping his foot on the ground.

“Um, I think about two hours.” She replied with a sigh. Giving both of his teammates a look, Sasuke gave the clearing another look around. I didn’t think I would be using this. Reaching into his pocket, he grabbed out a writing utensil, some paper and started scribbling out a message. Once finished, he slammed the note into a tree and once satisfied that it would stick, he declared,

“Let’s go.” He rolled his shoulders as he walked towards the village.

“Hey! Sensei said to meet him here, do you want to fail?” Naruto questioned as he got into other boy’s face. Sasuke sighed as Sakura complained,

“Don’t get into his face, idiot!”

“Sakura, shut-up.” She flinched at the rebuke as Sasuke turned to the boy in front of him,

“Look, he’s over two hours late. If this test is important to him, he would have been here now. Instead, he treats us like we are no one. And if he became sick or something, this should have been communicated to us by now. Since we are supposed to be a team, let’s go practice. My clan has a training ground that we can use.” His two teammates were staring at him, as though he grew a second head.

“Ma, ma, what do you think you are up to?” All three jumped at the voice as all three glared at him.

“YOU’RE LATE!” All three voices caused any nearby birds to take to the air.

“Well, I was going to be on time, but a black cat crossed the road, so I had to go around.” Two of the three genin to be groaned as Sasuke started a death-grip on a kunai before declaring,

“You obviously won’t care about teaching us anything, if this survival training was so important, yet you couldn’t be here on-time-” he felt the slight flare of chakra as Kakashi started to move. Unfortunately, he felt his arm bent back as Kakashi held his kunai in position to strike him. I gotten too lazy using my Sharigan, this is going to suck.

“So close, you’re the first to pick up on it, yet miss the real point. Think about it, while I explain the rules.” He released Sasuke and teleported back to his original spot in the field. “You three will be fighting for these two bells, you’ll have until 10:00 to get them from me. Those that get a bell will pass, those that don’t, not only don’t get lunch, but will be sent back to the academy.” You have got to be kidding me, he was just riling us up, I should have known.

“Wait, there is only two bells. Does that mean only two can pass?” Sakura questioned.

“That’s right, only two people can get a bell.” Kakashi smiled as Sakura gulped.

“Wait, hold on, genin teams are made of three genin and one jounin, something off.” Sasuke jumped in, scratching the top of his head, hoping to hint at the truth.

“Ma, ma, you know that there are 9 teams of potential genin. With only a thirty-three percent pass rate, that means only 3 teams. Some jounin won’t be teaching after today.” Kakashi explains as his lone visible eye also mimicked smiling.

“Then why not put the ones expected to pass together?” Sakura questioned with a frown.

“You can use anything, including shuriken and kunai.” Kakashi evaded while placing the clock down on a stump. “Begin.” Sakura was the only genin to hide in the trees as Sasuke grabbed Naruto’s jacket sleeve.

“We need a distraction so we can plan with Sakura.” Naruto frowned as the jounin commented,

“It seems that only Sakura knows how to be a ninja.”

“Well, I have my sexy justu.” Sasuke’s eyes grew quickly, THAT MAN has already gotten to him, my friend has been ruined. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

“Naruto, look at the book he is reading, that has probably very vivid descriptions of what your sexy justu shows.” At that Naruto gaped.

“How do you know?” He glared as Sasuke glances over to Kakashi, who had in fact started to ‘read’ the book.

“Those are in the naughty section of the store.” Sasuke deadpanned.

“Well, those books aren’t with the magazines with-”

“Naruto any other ideas?” Sasuke interrupted before he decided to knock out his friend.

“I didn’t want to show it right away, but,” he smiles as he brings his hands into a ram seal. The field became filled with Narutos. “Come on, Sasuke, let’s go.” The Naruto army charged as a few threw kunai at the man. Sasuke paused at the fact that Kakashi dodged them.

“Wait, those are shadow clones?!!”

“Of course, normal clones wouldn’t actually hit him and he would notice if they missed on purpose.” Naruto responded as Sasuke felt tears escaping. He stumbled back as he started towards where he thought Sakura ran too. That’s not possible, he’s only a genin. I was the only one… Why did it have to be him? It was supposed to be me The tears fell freely as Sasuke did nothing to curtain them.

“Sasuke, are you alright? We have to show him how awesome we are.” Naruto demanded as Sasuke kept his eyes on the tree in front of him.

“Sasuke, Naruto, what are you two doing, first you don’t hide… What happened to Sasuke?” Sakura wondered as she moves up from the bush below them. Sasuke wiped the tears away and turned to face the two as Sakura continued, “something wrong with this test, if genin teams are three students and an instructor, why doesn’t Kakashi give us all a chance… Could there be something else going on?”

“I think so, if I’m right, all we have to do is fight together, and if Kakashi messes with us, we’ll just go complain to the Hokage.” Both of them took a couple of steps back. “Sakura, since he won’t expect it, you’ll go for the bells, just in case we still need to get them. Naruto, we should try to get the book, then we could trade for the bells if the attack fails.”

“Good plan.” The three jumped away from the voice as Kakashi stood on the branch, his book away. “Lesson #1, always make sure your opponent is in fact detained before planning in the field.” The two headstrong genin charged in, and right before they hit him, and found themselves slamming into a log, and their momentum propelled them into each other.

“Sasuke, watch where you are going!”

“You’re one to talk, you’re supposed to warn us that your shadow clones have been defeated.”

“How? Are they supposed to scream or something?”

“No, you get the memories you idiot!”

“Wait, what?” Sasuke sighed as he scanned the area as his eyes fell on Sakura. “Hey, he got Sakura.” Sasuke stayed in the branches, while it did limit his mobility in a way, he knew Kakashi had a few earth justu that would easily remove him from the fight. “How the heck do you not know that shadow clones give the memories to their creator after being dispelled?”

“The writing was difficult to understand and I was more worried that it was clone justu than anything else.” Naruto jumped down and more Narutos appeared around him as Sasuke smirked. His glee vanished as the original Naruto found himself pulled into the ground. Sasuke started to cycle through handseals as he yelled at the clone army, “one of you idiots replace with him.” He felt the chakra turn to fire in his mouth as he took aim and released as soon as Kakashi appeared.

“Grand Fireball Justu.” The man eyes widened for a second before switching with a log. The Narutos scattered as Sasuke started to pant. This wore me out too much.

Feeling Kakashi land behind him, he jumped away, deciding to use another tree to stick and then make his next move. Kakashi followed behind him, upon reaching the tree, he stuck his legs out and halted his fall, while turning to face his pursuer. Kakashi’s eye became quite visible as he lashed out, stopping Sasuke’s fingers from reaching any bells. Jumping down at his teacher, Sasuke palmed a kunai and struck out at a certain filled pocket.

Bulls-eye, he smirked as the man stared at him. In the corner of his eye, he watched Naruto creep up on the man.

“Naruto is not the only one that knows the Shadow Clone justu.” His eyes widened in horror as the voice behind him is followed by a thwack, as he started to fall while his vision went blurry.

He could hear yelling going on as he started to awake. He found himself tied to a post, as he started to struggle, he noticed why there was someone yelling, Naruto had been tied up as well. Sakura was sitting staring at their sensei who was slouching and ignoring his teammate’s annoyances.

“Hey, Naruto, can it! Did you ever figure out why Kakashi was able to sneak up on us?” The boy paused in his ranting as he turned to face Sasuke, his mouth opening and closing.

“Sensei made two Shadow clones to attack us, he didn’t dispel any of Naruto’s clones.” The man grinned at Sakura’s explanation while Sasuke slumped against his restraints.

“Ma, ma, I have some news for you.” He paused as Naruto and Sakura leaned in while Sasuke rolled his eyes. “Sakura earned the two bells for actually acting like a ninja.”
Naruto cheered as both Sakura and Sasuke had identical looks of confusion. Before either could comment, he continued, “which means you get to chose who else passes between the two. Choose wisely.” Sasuke started to mentally chuckle, she would pick her crush.

He paused as he realized that she and Naruto didn’t have their relationship from his world. He gave Naruto a look, he had started to put on the Uzumaki fake grin. The test should pass them all, but if they had the bells, they had to pass as well…

“Just keep the bells Sakura.” Both of his other genin-to-be went slack-jaw. “Look, you’re the only one of us who acted like a ninja. Naruto and I need more time at the academy.” The boy glared as Sasuke tried something with rolling his eyes, though it did not seem to get through to him.

“But, I did not do anything when he attacked us.”

“That’s our fault, you were hidden well, if Naruto read the justu right and I was smarter, we could have done better. He took out the greatest threat first. Besides, Kakashi would be a great one-on-one tutor for you. Naruto and I will be fine.” Glancing back at Naruto the boy ohhed as he added,

“He’s right, Sakura, we’ll be fine, if anything we’ll just make Iruka teach us some awesome justu, you’ll see.” Sakura smiled as he could see tears starting to form.

“I can give each of them a bell right?” She asked as Sasuke sagged, this was not going according to plan.

“Are you sure? You’ll have to go back to the academy.” A nod followed as Kakashi dramatically stood over her, “you all pass.” Sasuke groaned at the announcement. “As Sasuke has picked up on, this was an exercise on teamwork.” Sakura nodded as Naruto looked slightly confused. “You’re the first team to actually pick up on it. We’ll meet here tomorrow at the same time.” Sasuke tried to keep his face neutral, on one hand, Naruto was a teammate, the other side was, Kakashi was his sensei.

Okay, this is not the same one who got us into trouble with Madara, I have to stop projecting. Taking deep breaths as he counted down from 108, once he focused again, he noticed that only Kakashi was here.

“Yes, sensei?”

“You know, the reports on you are quite different than what I’ve seen today.” Sasuke sighed.

“You know how I was in the hospital for a few days, while there I came to a conclusion. I’ll never catch Itachi in power, alone, ever. He’s just too good.” Time to find out if I am wrong.

“So this is just to get enough help to strike him down?”

“That and, what do I have after defeating Itachi?” Kakashi became quite solemn.

“I see. Though why were you willing to have Naruto stay back with you?”

Sasuke smiled as he responded, “oh, I was just going to convince Naruto to go with me to see the Hokage and then complain how we needed a better instructor, especially one that didn’t avoid his sensei’s son for twelve years of his life.” Kakashi stood in front of him and stared down at him.

“Why do you think he is related to Minato?”

“Because he looks too much like his idiot father, besides who else could handle a female Naruto?” Kakashi continued to stare as Sasuke continued, “I don’t think he would get the surname without being related, and I don’t know any other Uzumaki that the library mentions. So I guessed, and seeing how Naruto acts he doesn’t know, does he?”

“Well, I’ll tell him when I believe he won’t shoot his mouth of at the world or that I’m playing a prank. Besides who said I didn’t pick him as a student on purpose?”

“Then you are a bad, bad, man for making him suffer under you. I’m so going to get Naruto to complain to the Hokage about you.” Kakashi chuckled as he turned to leave,

“Well, I was going to cut you free, but I figured that an Uchiha could get out of the ropes on his own.”

Sasuke fumed as he vanished in a swirl of leaves. After removing himself from the restrains, Sasuke stretched. While he wanted to go see Hinata, he honestly had no clue where the genjustu mistress would train. He hated to train with her, even with the sharigan, she would be able to ensnare him with the stupid tree justu. Of course he had stopped after getting the kaleidoscope eyes. Then again, with proper use of IT’s chakra, they were just mostly annoyances.

Shaking out his arms and realizing he had no clue what this body’s limits were, he decided to push himself to the limit. Besides, having an official story on learning how to annoy his sensei into putting them on another team was just a bonus.

OoOoO

Incredible, my luck must have finally bottomed out and started going back up. Of all the things he found when he was able to discover the Green Beast, finding the last member of the BET team was not one of them. The best part would be it could be intelligent conversation. Okay that was not fair to Naruto, but what type of idiot learns a justu without finding out what it does.

Though the question is, where did he read about the shadow clone justu? It was not exactly a technique that people would leave on a scroll, though only place that was not in the Uchiha archives would be the forbidden scroll…

If Naruto had stolen that scroll, it is a very good thing he did not learn any of the other techniques. If he had gotten the sealing justu, he would have removed himself permanently. Shaking his head, Sasuke looked back to the area, where Neji was attacking a boy with Guy’s signature’s jumpsuit. Does that mean that Guy had actually found a protégé in this world? Though seeing how Neji spoke worried him and wishing he actually had the Byakugan for once. Especially if he was bringing the boy to tears and their other teammate gave him a disapproving look.

Finishing his comments, Neji walked away as his other teammate sighed. She gave the boy an encouraging pat on the shoulder before following after Neji. Should I give the boy a few minutes before coming down?

“And what bring you to our training field, Young Man?” The booming voice behind him caused him to jump up and as he came down, he missed the branch as he quickly recovered and landed on his feet. “I never expected that the young Uchiha would be here.” Turning around to face the man, he gulped as he was met with an intense stare.

“Well, I made genin today and had heard that you run very intense physical training. And I was hoping that I could try it for one afternoon.” Guy kept his arms crossed as he stayed silent. “I understand if you have to help your own genin, I will go train somewhere else.” He answered while meeting the stare back. Guy smiled before rushing to his protégé.

“Lee, today you will see what hard work can do against a genius.” The boy jumped up as Sasuke trotted over. That was a bit foreboding, Guy never lied, even when it would be convenient, of course some of his truths were bad enough that they were difficult to believe.

“Ah, you are Sasuke Uchiha. I am Rock Lee.” Sasuke bowed before moving into his stance. His opponent smiled as he entered his own stance.

“This fight will be only taijustu only, is that acceptable?” A nod from both fighters was followed the announcement, “Begin!” unleashed a fast blur as Sasuke found himself quickly on the defensive that he never recovered.

OoOoO

The ground felt so comfortable right now, unlike his breaths, which were quite labored as the green spandex wearing stamina monster lowered his hand to him. “This work-out was helpful, thank you, Sasuke.”

“No, thank you for showing me how far I really have to go.” Slowly reaching up, he felt himself being lifted to his feet.

“As you can see, Hard Work can defeat Genius, Lee!”

“I’m sorry that I doubted you, Guy!” The two embraced as Sasuke smiled, which caused a grunt to escape. While they look goofy, I do have more ammunition against Kakashi, since obviously Guy must hug his rival as passionately. The noise caused the two to separate as Guy became much more serious.

“Sasuke, I appreciate that you came here to find your limits.” He reached into one of his pouches and retrieved a green suit. “This training suit will help you maximize your potential, right Lee?”

“Right Guy!” Sasuke’s eyes widened at the object. Guy gave him one of his prized suits to him, an Uchiha? None of the Uchiha had ever reached such a gift from the eccentric jounin from his world. He felt his eyes start to water as the first time that he had been in this universe that something had gone right for him. And it would annoy Kakashi. Even better.

“Thank you very much, I appreciate it.” Taking the suit he bowed before starting to walk off. He had planned to test his chakra limits as well, but with the beating he had taken, he had some healing cream to apply. Taking deep breaths he continued back to the Uchiha compound.

He needed to do something about how sparse the compound felt. Perhaps I can see if I have any money to rent an apartment or go crash at Naruto’s house. Wait if he doesn’t know his parents, then he’ll have an apartment or live with an adopted family? I guess I can go find out tomorrow. And find Hinata, though I can’t crash Kurenai’s training, she trap me in a tree that I can’t get out of or another of her crazy genjustu. Sighing as he pulled out the healing cream at how light it was. Naturally I didn’t have enough.

OoOoO

Smiling as he walked up to the training area after increasing his medical supplies, Sasuke gave the place a look over. Naruto was talking to Sakura, who seemed to be very annoyed. The memorial was undisturbed, as it seemed that Kakashi was not haunting it today.

“Naruto, Sakura, where’s Kakashi?” The two turned to him as Naruto blinked a few times as Sakura gaped at him. “Something wrong?”

“Where did you get that?”

“It was a gift that has extreme sentimental value to me.” Naruto smiled as he scratched the back of his head. Sasuke decided to see if he could get Naruto in a rivalry with him, as that was the easiest way to ensure friendship with the blond. “Come on you two, I saw this interesting technique that another genin team was practicing.” Walking to the nearest tree, he started to draw on his chakra as he started to run up the tree. Reaching the halfway point of it, he paused as looked down to see his teammates in awe at his motion. “Just push chakra out of your feet. Though Naruto you might want to use less than you think you need.” The two nodded as they rushed trees, Naruto made it about three steps before jumping off.

“How did you learn it so easily?” Naruto questioned with a glare.

“Actually it took me over a week to learn it, I bet it takes you longer than that.” He guessed while dropping to the ground as he looked up to see Sakura standing on the tree smiling. “When did you learn how to do this technique?”

“Just now.”

“You’re joking.” Sasuke narrowed his eyes at her.

“Of course not, she’s awesome.” Naruto complimented as Sasuke sighed while a small smile escaped on her face as she walked down. A small burst of chakra drew Sasuke’s attention as Kakashi appeared from a Shunshin. He gave a look over his students as he finished his gaze on Sasuke.

“Like my training suit?” He asked.

“When did you meet Guy?”

“Trained with him and Rock Lee, yesterday. Is that a problem?”

“Ah, so that is the name of his cute student.”

“Hey, sensei, are we going to go save a princess?”

“Well, we might.” The man smiled as he patted Naruto’s head. “Come along.” Sasuke sighed as Sakura gave him a look before catching up with the other two. Please don’t be Tora, please don’t be Tora!

OoOoO

“What do you mean we have to clean up the park?” Naruto complained as Sasuke smiled while Sakura gave her two teammates strange looks.

“Well, someone has to clean it up, besides, some of the garbage got stuck in the trees, it would be good practice of that technique you were starting this morning. And once we finish, I have a few techniques to show you. The faster you go, the more time we have for training.” A cheer erupted from both Sasuke and Naruto as Sakura nodded.

“Hey, Sakura, you start with the bushes over there, Naruto follow me.” The orders given, Kakashi sat in a tree reading, or more likely watching the genin go about the mission. As the two moved away, Sasuke pulled Naruto close, “listen, tomorrow for our mission, we are so going to ask for a C-rank mission, okay? Those missions we actually get to go outside the village.” The boy in front of him nodded as smiled.

“Can do. So what are we going to do with this trash?”

“Use Shadow Clones, that way we can get to training faster.” Letting him go, he watched as the small area they were in filled up with clones.

“Just make sure all they do is clean up the place, too much other actions can be very bad.”

“How do you know so much about the technique, I found it on the forbidden scroll.” Sasuke’s eyes widened at what his friend said. I guess the Hokage must really, really like him. This is good news for plan, new sensei.

“My brother uses the technique some times, I found out in the library.” That was mostly true, just not which library it was did not need to be specified. Or that he also found out the hard way. A ‘yes’ erupted from the clones as they ran off to find pieces of garbage. Sasuke decided to clean near a sandbox, that way the clones would not prank him for slacking. And with this many Uzumakis and garbage, he didn’t want to find out what could happen.

OoOoO

It had taken only an hour to finally reach the training area. Kakashi had Naruto continue with the tree climbing exercise, on the condition he did not use the ability for pranks. Such a cruel, cruel man. Right now, Sakura and him were being taught how to form a specific genjustu, one that he had trapped Sakura with during the test. Hell Viewing Justu.

“Well, Sasuke, are you being affected by the genjustu?”

“Actually, yes, but she needs to remember to have the genjustu only effect the area she wants. While Kakashi making out with his Youthful Rival is in fact mind scarring, it works better if I can actually see the rest of the area still.” Kakashi gave him a funny look as Sakura complained,

“I wasn’t trying that, I was trying to show Naruto walking towards you with many kunai and shuriken sticking out of him!”

“Well, what I said would be suitable for the Hell Viewing Justu.”

“Though what is a youthful rival?”

“Mighty Guy believes quite strongly in the power of youth, and thus peppers his speech with words about it. And Sakura, I have an idea.” The jounin leaned in and whispered as Sasuke turned to watch Naruto yell as his attempt to climb the tree failed again. He felt the wind blow by as he turned to his left as a strange sight appeared, it seemed that quite a few of the girls in his academy class were watching from the bushes. That many teams failed this year? He noticed how they seemed to have a silent argument as the Yamanaka started walking towards him. Wait a minute, Kakashi should have scared them off, then again, I'm not exactly Kakashi’s favorite person.

“Hey, Sasuke, want to go on a date?” The girl plucked up her lips as Sasuke realized that the wind hadn’t really blown.

“Kai, kai, kai.” He struggled with breaking off the genjustu. It sucked not being able to tell how much chakra was needed to just break it. I so need to get my eyes activated. Fortunately, the burst of chakra was enough as the girls vanished. Turning back to his teammate and sensei, he saw both of them smiling.

“See, a very subtle touch at the start of the genjustu can catch people, so Sasuke, why don’t you try?” Smiling back at his sensei, he flipped through the seals as it finished, Sakura looked around, Kakashi reached out and smacked him.

“On Sakura, it does her no good if she wants to practice to break it. Besides, I can think of worse that you can show me. Though perhaps I should tell Guy that you are misusing the power of youth.”

“Why is that bad?”

“Guy gets over emotional, very touchy-feely when he has to instruct someone on this particular subject.” Sasuke groaned at the mental picture, yeah that would be annoying.

But he had no clue what to hit Sakura with, most of the bad thoughts he could think of would get him into trouble, such as IT. Wait a minute, time to forewarn her and get Kakashi in trouble. Cycling through the seals, he watched as Sakura gaze stared behind him. She quickly broke the genjustu as her face went green.

“How do you know such a sicko?” Sakura questioned as she couldn’t exactly look in his direction.

“He was spying on the hot springs here once.” He gave Kakashi a look over before adding, “I also think he writes Kakashi orange books.” A gag sound gave Sakura opinion on the books as Kakashi shook his head.

“Sasuke, you know, if you wish to tell Naruto of your passionate love for him, you could just tell him.” A scream erupted from the nearby tree. “You know, since it would benefit you two, Naruto come over here.” The boy glared at both sensei and other male teammate. “You two will practice sparring while I will be showing Sakura another genjustu.” While Sasuke was a bit hesitant at first, mostly because of yesterday, the spar went for a while. Kakashi would have them pause periodically and attempt to explain how their opponent could have fought better. Then he would add his opinion, such as Sasuke leaving himself too open on the initial attack. Naruto’s form needed a bit of work, as he liked aerial attacks a bit much. It was annoying to see Naruto attempt to mimic Sasuke’s attacks, and even worse, twice he made the attacks hit when he couldn’t.
Eventually they had ended up finishing for the day, Sakura seemed thrilled about learning a new technique, while Naruto had rushed off to the ramen stand. Sasuke had a date with his healing cream.

OoOoO

“Well, today we have walking a group of dogs for their owners or catching a cat that has gone missing.” The Hokage announced to the team as Naruto stood straight, brought his arms up in a X and defied,

“No, those are sucky missions. Give us something better.” Iruka stood up to yell as Sasuke moved next to his teammate.

“He’s right. While I do appreciate that most genin teams need to build teamwork before going onto a successful mission outside of Konoha, it is not something our team needs. What we really need is a challenge that would not be, just have Naruto use Shadow Clones while Sakura and I direct them.” Iruka gaped at him while the Hokage chuckled.

“You do know that all genin have to go through at least a few D-ranked missions, right Naruto, Sasuke?”

“But, they’re boring, and besides, how else am I going to become Hokage if all we do is wimpy stuff?”

“Lord Hokage, do you really believe that all ninja are the same and grow at the same rate? Some need to be pressed faster otherwise they become brittle or decide that pranking would be more entertaining.” Sasuke smiled, which seemed to not be as disarming as he wanted.

“Please, old man, you gotta let us show that we can be ninja.” Naruto took a position right in front of the Hokage during his plea his eyes glued shut. The Hokage gave Kakashi a glance and whatever he was looking for was there as he spoke,

“I guess we can do it this one time. Though if you fail this mission, you two agree to clean all the toilets in Konoha?” A cheer erupted from both Naruto and Sasuke. “Have him come in.” Iruka walked off muttering. The joyous cheers were ended as a voice complained,

“I thought I hired ninja, not stupid brats.” Sasuke rolled his eyes as Naruto glared.

“So, where exactly are we taking him?”

“To the border of Iron Country where you will meet with another group who will escort him the rest of the way.”

“Why aren’t we escorting him the whole way?”
“Iron Country prefers that the great five keeps its ninjas out of the country except in emergencies.”

“Great five what?” Sasuke attempted to catch a fly with his mouth. He wants to be Hokage and he does not know the great five. We are so doomed. He’s an Uzumaki, and if he has the Uzumaki lucky streak, he’ll be Hokage. We are so doomed.

“Konoha to Sasuke,” Kakashi directed comment yanked him from his thoughts. “We will meet at the village gate tomorrow at 7:00, so make sure you’re packed.” A quick salute as he walked away.

While he wanted to voice his opinion on his sensei’s probable tardiness, you did not voice dissent in front of a client. That was the one point even Naruto had learned from Brother. Still, I need to see if I can get some intelligent conversation from someone, perhaps Hinata is free. Just don’t be like Neji, I don’t think I could handle it. And please don’t have failed, otherwise it will be very awkward.

Hopping up one of the many buildings, he started his search for the elusive heavy assault scout team.

Fortunately for him, it had only taken about thirty minutes to find the Hyuuga. The best part was that she was only with her teammates, the Aburame should be long-winded, but the Inuzuka would be blunt and quick to the point. Dropping down and starting towards them, he raised his voice and spoke,
“Hey, Hinata.” The three in front of him did not react the way he expected. The Aburame nearly missed his step as the Inuzuka stood in front of Hinata, while his mutt growled at him. Hinata stared at him, her eyes scanning his face. What the heck was wrong with me here, was I asocial or something?
So let me know, Sasuke still the Sasuke of chapter 1, anything that worked well, or anything that needs improving? Now off to work on the crossover.

Flux_Blade

Unread postby MEKristian » February 24th, 2011, 1:48 am

Oh, and here I was worried you'd stopped writing things with whatever you were doing. Anyways...

It reads a little bit... clunk-ily? Is that a term? Either way, a lot of it goes fast, and it's hard to tell exactly what's going on. Combined with a few awkward phrases here and there and such, it's a little tough.

But Sasuke's definitely interesting doing the Time Warp here; I'm looking forward to how he's going to go around fixing past him's mistakes.

I'm also not quite sure on what pairings you're trying to imply with Sasuke's narration. It might be deliberately vague though, so eh.

And I totally wish I could see a real combat instructor beat Kakashi up now...
MEKristian

Unread postby Aldraia Dragonsong » February 24th, 2011, 2:33 am

I have to say, Flux_Blade, I really, really like your version of Sasuke.
If you wrote the story of what happened in his world, I would read it.
Random Scholomance Quote of However Long It Takes Me To Get Bored of the Last One:
“Ancell: respecting personal boundaries to the detriment of his friends since 1993.” ~bookworm702
Aldraia Dragonsong

Unread postby Flux_Blade » February 24th, 2011, 1:43 pm

Okay so I need to slow it down. Would it work better to cut a section and try to add more to the others?

Well, a couple of the pairings will be vaguish, except for obviously Minato/Kushina and Naruto/Sakura from Sasuke's timeline. Also, since to Sasuke it would be obvious, his thoughts won't be spelling everything out. Does it work for the story?

And some of what happened will be mentioned when it is referenced, such as similarities with other missions.

Thanks for the critique and compliments.

Also Edit: Just remember, not all assumptions Sasuke makes are correct, and Kakashi may have some other reasons for his actions than are known.

Flux_Blade

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop