Would like discussion on alternate chunin exam tourney setup

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Re: Would like discussion on alternate chunin exam tourney s

Unread postby spudman » October 6th, 2010, 4:30 am

I'd stick with back-up being the reason for sending the three after Naruto. If Sarutobi arranges for Naruto to fight Gaara in the next round to begin with, then Kakashi would probably get the idea of letting Konoha's jinchuuriki take on Suna's as well, which is probably what Naruto is thinking at that point too. In this case it's not Sasuke wanting to finish a fight, but Naruto knowing what Gaara is and making sure his Suna counterpart doesn't recover and go bijuu on everyone. Just seems more reasonable to me.

I hope the Musk get what's coming to them. Heh, if they so much as lay a hand on Naruto...Hinata would go postal on them.

I'm not that familiar with Ranma but the Amazons don't sink to the lows that the Musk do, do they?
spudman

Unread postby Thrythlind » October 6th, 2010, 4:40 am

I'd stick with back-up being the reason for sending the three after Naruto. If Sarutobi arranges for Naruto to fight Gaara in the next round to begin with, then Kakashi would probably get the idea of letting Konoha's jinchuuriki take on Suna's as well, which is probably what Naruto is thinking at that point too. In this case it's not Sasuke wanting to finish a fight, but Naruto knowing what Gaara is and making sure his Suna counterpart doesn't recover and go bijuu on everyone. Just seems more reasonable to me.

I hope the Musk get what's coming to them. Heh, if they so much as lay a hand on Naruto...Hinata would go postal on them.

I'm not that familiar with Ranma but the Amazons don't sink to the lows that the Musk do, do they?
Under Herb and Kodachi, neither did the Musk, they got a bunch of militants going back to OLD ways right now. Probably just shy of dunking monsters and animals and locking them.

The amazons just have the two Kisses that we know of:

If an outsider female beats one, then they give the Kiss of Death and promise to hunt them down to the end of their days

If an outsider male beats one, then they give him the Kiss of Marriage and marry him to have strong amazon babies.

However, many people, myself included, point to the reaction of the amazon onlookers when Shampoo gave the Kiss of Death and decide that she must have given it for what they considered a petty reason.

I'm figuring the modern Amazons are less rigid than the ancients....

and the Phoenix are bigots, but Ranma forced their God-King to reincarnate into a child and instructed them to "raise him better this time" and I think the fact he didn't kill them all would have been something they would have reacted to

Kiima and the Saotomes won't be FRIENDLY...heck, if you notice, Shampoo doesn't particularly like Kiima (Kiima tried to kill Akane in order to make a spring of drowned Akane as a disguise and she mind controlled Shampoo for a time)...but I'm guessing they've at least come to a neutral attitude towards each other

and the Musk on their current attitude is bad for everyone
Thrythlind

Unread postby Thrythlind » October 6th, 2010, 4:48 am

oh, new chapter is up
Thrythlind

Unread postby spudman » October 6th, 2010, 4:58 am

Ah, thanks for the Ranma info.

As for the new chapter, I wonder what Kenshin would say...

"So proud, that I am." :rollin:

Great fight and you show Sasuke's dark side and seeds of his slide into darkness in a practical way.
spudman

Unread postby Thrythlind » October 7th, 2010, 8:04 pm

was going more for laughs and a breather moment in that bit
Thrythlind

Unread postby Thrythlind » October 7th, 2010, 11:59 pm

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/T ... iAndChakra

please add to it...I'm not the best with navigating the tropes
Thrythlind

Unread postby spudman » October 9th, 2010, 4:53 pm

I'm scared that if I do tvtropes will devour my soul... :O_O:

I'm going to make a guess that the Invasion, including the Musk attack, will take four more chapters.
spudman

Unread postby Thrythlind » October 11th, 2010, 7:31 am

Note, I've started my own web site for my original and fanfiction stories

http://thryth.webs.com/

there is a forum...we'll see if I can make a go of it
Thrythlind

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop