Harry S. Potter (HP crossover)

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Harry S. Potter (HP crossover)

Unread postby Nitramy » January 2nd, 2011, 1:30 am

Kirai inspired me. :3
Spoiler: show
Dawn in Hogwarts' School of Witchcraft and Wizardry today came with fog and mist.

As if that would stop one Harry S. Potter from going through his daily routine.

He stretched his left arm outward, his feet spaced apart, his knees bent, and his back ramrod straight. Slowly, he spun his left arm to point forward, and at the same time, his right hand stretched outward as well, and he slowly stepped forward on his right foot.

Tiptoe.

Hold breath for three counts; return to neutral position and exhale in five.

Assume the Crane's Landing stance in seven counts and hold for three.

Breathe in, and out.

Return to the Sleeping Crane in ten counts.

Breathe.

His concentration was broken as he could feel two of his newest friends come over - they had seen what he was doing, and were completely befuddled.

"What'cha doin'?" asked Ron, trying to imitate a few of his stances. "Some kind of kung fu stuff?"

"It's tai chi chuan," Harry answered. He cut a neat figure in the blue tracksuit with a few characters emblazoned across the breast pocket.

"A Chinese martial art?" Hermione asked. "But you said you'd never been to China."

Harry chuckled at some private joke. "Learned it where I came from. The gatekeeper only let me learn this, she'll probably let me try a few Wing Chun moves if I can do the last few stances perfectly..."

"Your gatekeeper knows kung fu?" Ron asked. "So what does she do, beat up people who try and get into your home?"

"Normally, yeah, but she spends afternoons napping, and when she gets up, a few friends manage to sneak in... I've seen her get chewed out by Saku-er, I mean the maid rather often because of that."

"Your place sounds awesome," Ron said. "A mansion, your gatekeeper's probably a martial artist... wonder what your maid can do?"

"You don't want to know," Harry simply answered.

"On another note, what do those characters say?" Hermione asked as they began the short walk back to the castle for breakfast. "I mean, over your jacket's pocket."

"It says 'Honored Guest of the House of Eternity'... and an honest-to-goodness princess gave it to me for my 11th birthday."

"That's... cool..." Ron said, the implications not lost on him. Harry Potter hobnobbing with princesses where he came from? If any, he wanted in on it.

The three of them remained silent on the way back to the castle itself.

Later at breakfast, Harry again surprised everyone when he insisted on carrying his and his friends' used breakfast dishes to the kitchen for washing - when asked why, he said that he had been taught the domestic arts, and did not want that skill to lie fallow, house elves or magic notwithstanding...

And then...

"Hey, Harry, you dropped this."

Ron handed The-Boy-Who-Lived a small card, and he took it rather quicker than usual.

"I've been looking for that for some time now; where'd you find it, Ron?"

"Saw it along the castle floor, someone thought it would be enchanted, but it's just a card with some writing on it. Yours?"

Harry nodded. You have no idea how much sentimental value "Survivor: Lightning Scar" has to me. "Thanks, mate."

"Anytime - come on, we're going to be late for Potions."
Cookie to whoever correctly guesses what the S. stands for.

And woe be Hogwarts when Harry's guardians are invited for a visit.
translator's note: Eientei = House of Eternity
Last edited by Nitramy on January 2nd, 2011, 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
slowly but surely / the moon / quietly goes to the stars
my fanfiction.net profile
Nitramy

AOL: linuxblacksarena

Re: Harry S. Potter (HP crossover)

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » January 2nd, 2011, 2:04 am

I'm thinking Card Captors, with the "S." standing for Syaoran?
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby MrRigger2 » January 2nd, 2011, 3:06 pm

I'll be honest, when I saw the title, I thought you'd be doing Harry S. Potter and Ron Weasley Esq. going on a most excellent adventure. Guess I was wrong.

MrRigger
In engineering, the work is only done when there is nothing left to add. In writing, the work is only done when there is nothing left to take away.

Check out Between Magic and Mount Justice
MrRigger2

Unread postby Nitramy » January 2nd, 2011, 6:42 pm

Why the hell not?

It is within possibility to add that in the fic.
Nitramy

Unread postby unknown45064 » January 6th, 2011, 12:59 pm

I, ah, just wanted to say: this sounds beautiful. I'm fairly sure it's a Touhou cross, I'd guess the S is for Scarlet, and man would the family coming for a visit ever be a mess. A hilarious mess. Even without the little sister. Have you posted anywhere, or is this still an idea?
unknown45064

Unread postby Nitramy » January 9th, 2011, 6:30 am

The little sister will definitely be coming.

Also, here's what I have planned for the fic...
Komeiji Koishi destroys the horcrux in Harry's scar. She preserves the knowledge stored within it, though, and makes it so it gets added to Harry's skill set slowly but surely - but there is a part of the horcrux's consciousness that is sealed with a magical oath, and she cannot get to it. Still, it is harmless, because Koishi finds out that the oath is basically that last fragment giving information before dispersing. She also expands Harry's Parselmouth abilities to being able to talk with all animals, not just snakes.

Sometime in fifth year, a little girl with two horns wanders into Hogwarts and challenges everyone to a drinking contest - surprisingly, Luna Lovegood bests her (she did go through all of Gryffindor and Slytherin, half of Hufflepuff, a third of Ravenclaw and several staff members before Luna, though).

Draco insults Harry's guardians, and they don't take it well. They do, however, assist Madam Pomfrey in gathering his scattered particles and putting him back together.

Harry gets the basilisk to turn against the diary ghost, and lets it out of the Chamber - turns out, the previous Dark Lord kidnapped it from its home in Gensokyo. Harry then employs the help of his family to get the basilisk home safely...

The Dark Lord is defeated in Harry's fourth year - one danmaku duel, and Voldy goes down.

Years 5 to 7 are simply beating up the remaining Death Eaters and getting into all sorts of mischief in what is called "Harry and Ron's Excellent Adventures".
Last edited by Nitramy on March 11th, 2011, 8:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nitramy

Unread postby Nitramy » March 11th, 2011, 8:35 am

Another incoming snippet, this time addressing the alleged "incompetence" of one of the Hogwarts professors...
"Well, this is a first."

"There's always a first for everything, Professor Binns," the sole remaining awake student at the first History of Magic class said. "And it's not that strange for me to be talking to a ghost. Saigyouji-sama..."

"Wait... wait... wait..." the ghostly professor said. "Saigyouji? Yuyuko Saigyouji?"

The boy with glasses smiled. "Yes."

"You know THE Yuyuko Saigyouji?"

"Yes, my family and I take an annual trip to Hakugyokurou and watch the cherry trees bloom..."

"I have never had the chance to come and view the cherry trees blooming, you see..." the ghost said. "I'd like to take around two weeks' leave to do so."

"Why not give us a long-term project or so?"

"Well, that sounds like a good idea. Any ideas in mind?"

The stories he'd heard about the Dark Lord intrigued him. "Instead of goblin wars of long ago, how about a report on Dark Lords of the past?"

"Interesting suggestion. I'll have to take it up with the Headmaster. Now... do tell me more about Hakugyokurou..."

While all the other students snored, The-Boy-Who-Lived gave his History of Magic professor a storied description of his family's last trip to the Tower of White Jade...
Nitramy

Unread postby Nitramy » April 17th, 2011, 2:09 am

I think I already know how Hagrid ends up in Gensokyo - Harry's scar interferes with the magic on Sirius' bike, causing the dimensional jump.

It does NOT help that the address of the Scarlet Devil Mansion - back during the time of Jack the Ripper - was 4 Privet Drive.

You'll see a lot of Koishi in the first few parts, as Flandre needs to rein in her urges to be able to interact with baby/toddler Harry.

As to character traits, Harry acquires small bits of characterization from everyone at the Scarlet Devil Mansion, Hakugyokurou, Eientei and of course the home of Gensokyo's premier troll, Yakumo Yukari.

The character/s whose traits appear in Harry most often are Udonge (level-headed) and Remilia (royal bearing).

Others include...

Reimu (Teaches him some defensive ward and talisman-making after the events of the first book)
Marisa (Here, she's a Hogwarts alumni, but never actually graduated because of her tendency to "borrow" things. She actually swapped out one horcrux with a fake, destroying it accidentally from a "stray" Master Spark.)

Cirno (for when he plays dumb, usually to fool others)
Meiling (his skill in kung fu comes from her)
Koakuma and Patchouli (love of reading)
Sakuya (penchant for doing chores and housework)
Flandre (kyuu~ BOOM)

Chen (He learns the Kitty Dog Eyes Technique from her.)
Youmu (under Sakuya, Harry's a great cook. With Youmu, Harry becomes an AWESOME *insert Michael Bay explosions here* cook.)
Yuyuko (ironic how someone doomed to an eternal existence as a ghost teaches young Harry about the value of life.)
Yukari (ADVANCED trolling XD)

Suika (penchant for using sarcasm)

Tewi (Basic trolling XD)
Keine (This was Harry's primary-school teacher. He had to do perfectly. He had no choice.)
Eirin (sparks Harry's interest in Potion-making)
Kaguya (video games XD - also gifts him a tracksuit like hers)
Mokou (Harry's preference for FIRE SPELLS comes from her)

Yuugi (Along with Suika, Harry's first drink will be with them. No weaseling out of it.)
Satori (Helps Harry with his upgraded Parseltongue - teaches him how to turn his animal-talking ability on and off)
Rin (Helps Harry with his upgraded Parseltongue)
Utsuho (obscure trivia related to nuclear science)
Koishi (see previous posts)
Nitramy

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop