Crossover Constructive Criticism

This forum is for picking apart tricky issues facing any authors in the community. Word choice, action scenes, dialoguing, or plot development. If something isn't working for you, put it up here and see what your fellow community members can make of it. Try to keep examples short and to the point as much as possible.

Re: Crossover Constructive Criticism

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 14th, 2011, 8:13 pm

Azure, I hate to say this, but your rather huge hint isn't all that obvious to the rest of us. Instead of hinting, come out and tell us upfront your reasoning. Because until you do, all we have are vauge handwaves both for Iruka, a lower-ranked Chuunin, being in charge of Anko, a Special Jounin; as well as any reason at all for Luna to be a Shinobi aside from you wanting her to be because you like her character.

Also, unless you can give us a concrete reason for why the Shinobi would take Harry to Konoha when their contract implicitly states for him to be taken to Hogwarts, no matter the state he was found in, then I'm sorry, my suspension of disbelief doesn't stretch that far. And that's not even taking into account why they would give away village secrets (because that's what their training methods are) to an unknown foreigner with no ties to their village whatsoever.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Unread postby AzureEye » February 14th, 2011, 9:30 pm

@ Mr.Rigger2

I think, Anko would be good role model for Luna. Besides Harry and Ginny, people treat Luna rather similar to her and Naruto; a loon, someone easily dismissed and not even properly acknowledge by others. The two have been hurt and suffered by rather different means, nonetheless I do believe that they would be able to bond and help each other get over each of their traumatic pasts, why they aren't entirely similar I feel a click between those two.

As for Iruka; I was re-watching the Chuunin Arc Exams before even starting the fic out of boredom and noticed how the Genin Teams were emitted into the Chuunin Exams. It made me wonder, we KNOW that there are such thing as Jounin exams but we don't know anything about them. Iruka; a Chuunin but ex-ANBU is suddenly given a mission by the Hokage, to form a team for a B to A Rank mission. Tokubetsu and Jounin have either one specialty or a large rang of high level status, however strength isn't everything. A Jounin MUST learn how to adapt quickly, consider options and form/leader teams when required. The mission for this is, however, not the actually test. But rather a prerequisite for the actually exam.

Ex: Accumulating certain missions for the Chuunin exams, Ibiki's written test of horror.

@ Tempest Kitsune.

There's one thing that's been bugging me about Chakra Natures; and their elements. Where did they come from and how did they originate? Why are certain natures in some clans and not in others? And more importantly, why did Tobirama and Hashirama gain separate Kekkei Genkais? While it doesn't implied that they can both use the other or not, I find it rather oddly that they different. There is also the matter of where they came from and their linage, besides the owner of the Rinnegan, who taught Hashirama and Tobirama anyway?

That's why I'm trying to bring Harry. I will admit, I DO plan on giving him Mokuton; an element that is strictly a Konoha "Kekkei Genkai" which unnerves and wonders them. Harry can't control it, why? Wood ultimately represents life, since it's grows and spreads before it rots and decays. I think it's a good metaphor that reflects Harry's personality, his destiny and his decision.
AzureEye

Unread postby Tempest Kitsune » February 14th, 2011, 9:47 pm

Azure, you just completely ignored everything I just said. Good luck with your story. Bye.
"Doesn't matter what the press says. Doesn't matter what the politicians or the mobs say. Doesn't matter if the whole country decides that something wrong is something right. This nation was founded on one principle above all else: the requirement that we stand up for what we believe, no matter the odds or the consequences. When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world — "No, you move."
— Captain America

Naruto RP Character - Takuma Itsuki, Special Jounin
Tempest Kitsune

Return to “%s” Writer Workshop